• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Questions and Answers; Ask here first!

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
Wow good stuff steep. I saw a match of you against chibo but I had to leave I'll watch the rest later, but it was good stuff.
I really appreciate your contribution seriously.

steep

Smash Lord
Aww Teb you're making me blush. Lol thanks though it means a lot to me that people appreciate any time I put in on these boards, just like I try to appreciate other people's time as well. And thanks so much for complimenting my Mario. Comments about improvement or good skill level are what keep me driven to improve.

Good stuff posting that link TMario. I hope that my book on the previous page + that video will help get the new guys to go up a few levels on their ledge game.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Hi guys, I have a question. What are some effective methods to approach a campy Falco? I try to power shield, duck, and approach with B-air, N-air, or fireballs. I feel that cape doesn't work in my favor in this match-up. I cape one laser but get hit with two or three other ones. I also feel that I take too much damage (about 40-50%) trying to approach Falco each time. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any other ways to approach Falco?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You can try to full hop into campy falcos with fireballs. b-air, n-air and d-air won't work at all,
most falcos short hop laser camp anyway. It's all about seeing falco's start-up frame for his laser gun. I don't know his frame gun data, you're gonna have to look into falco's frame data for info.

:pow:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You can but there's not really a reason to except to wait for a safer opportunity to get back on the stage. Honestly, the only safe method is ledgedropping and then jumping back up.

You could up-b back to the ledge and it'd be faster, except that gives you RCO lag which is the lamest thing.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Thanks Cwhip, seems that the match up is getting a little easier for me.

You can also plank using Edge Cape-Cancel but I don't think it's as safe as using Super Jump Punch. Opponents such as Ike can KO you instantly if they time their d-tilt accordingly.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I just felt like asking why mario is so low on the tier list. I haven't been able to ever legitly play brawl competitively

homiedixon

Smash Rookie
Is there a better alternative to the standard "For Glory Mario" 0% d-throw to u-tilt combo? Ive run into some decent Marios who try to bring the combo to the air with u-airs after one u-tilt, though I can usually break free of those rather quickly (to be fair, I main extremely light characters, Pikachu and Kirby).

edit* Im brand new to Mario right now, just trying to learn some other playstyles.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Is there a better alternative to the standard "For Glory Mario" 0% d-throw to u-tilt combo? Ive run into some decent Marios who try to bring the combo to the air with u-airs after one u-tilt, though I can usually break free of those rather quickly (to be fair, I main extremely light characters, Pikachu and Kirby).

edit* Im brand new to Mario right now, just trying to learn some other playstyles.
this is brawl mario, which is WAY different than s4 mario. Plz post in the correct thread next time, thank you :)

Top Bottom