• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You can add strangers you play online without exchanging FC's.

MeleeFan25

Smash Cadet
sweet makes the game so much better and not having to go throught the frustration with friend codes. smash should of done it, or maybe nintendo could release a patch

Mic_129

Smash Clone
BRoomer
Forget about BRawl upgrades.

The FC list for MKWii is only 30 spots.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
My FC 0301-9916-4866. Message me if you add me.

Online has been really smooth and is pretty competitive. The tricks are easy to pull of. The tracks are great. Personally, the Wii Wheel is slightly awkward, so I'm currently sticking with the GC controller.

EDIT: I am the only one who got the game today? lol

XACE-K

Smash Master
My FC 0301-9916-4866. Message me if you add me.

Online has been really smooth and is pretty competitive. The tricks are easy to pull of. The tracks are great. Personally, the Wii Wheel is slightly awkward, so I'm currently sticking with the GC controller.

EDIT: I am the only one who got the game today? lol
Probably considering Europeans get MKWii before Americans do.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah, was just expecting a bigger response from the Europeans on smashboards.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
This game is savage! I quite like the Wii Wheel, handles well enough and making big, overdramatic turns definitely adds to the fun value.
Does anyone else feel kinda discouraged from racing as Yoshi and DK because of their relatively poor Smash-counterparts..?

XACE-K

Smash Master
This game is savage! I quite like the Wii Wheel, handles well enough and making big, overdramatic turns definitely adds to the fun value.
Does anyone else feel kinda discouraged from racing as Yoshi and DK because of their relatively poor Smash-counterparts..?
You shouldn't feel discouraged about it because they're better in Brawl but they're still underrated.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Oh I know there's nothing wrong with those characters, just for my first race I went to pick Yoshi but then I remembered I don't like him since egg throw isn't much of an up-B recovery.:ohwell:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How have you guys found online?

Overall, online gameplay has been really smooth and no lag really during races.

The only problem I've come across are random error messages on occassions and problems when entering Worldwide races your friends are in. When your friend is in a Worldwide race you usually are unable to join them because the 12 slots in the race usually get filled up really quick because it's open to players worldwide. Like it takes 15 tries to join successfully, because you have to wait for slots to open. Of course you can overcome this by setting up a room, but that means you can only play with those that have your code. Minor gripe.

Also what do you guys think of the AI? I think it's a vast improvement from MK:DD, much more challenging. I'll tackle single player tomorrow properly.

D

Deleted member

How have you guys found online?

Overall, online gameplay has been really smooth and no lag really during races.

The only problem I've come across are random error messages on occassions and problems when entering Worldwide races your friends are in. When your friend is in a Worldwide race you usually are unable to join them because the 12 slots in the race usually get filled up really quick because it's open to players worldwide. Like it takes 15 tries to join successfully, because you have to wait for slots to open. Of course you can overcome this by setting up a room, but that means you can only play with those that have your code. Minor gripe.

Also what do you guys think of the AI? I think it's a vast improvement from MK:DD, much more challenging. I'll tackle single player tomorrow properly.
That sound better tahn some online games.*coughbrawlcough*

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
My impressions:

HATED IT at first, hated how imprecise the wheel was. More than any other time in the Mario Kart franchise, when I see a banana ahead of me, I feel POWERLESS. There's no quick turn or drift, you steer with the wheel as much as possible and get hit.

HOWEVER, after an hour or two of practice with the wheel - I love it. I was never a fan of Battle Mode, so the team battles don't dissuade me much. And Mario Kart Wii's Bowser Castle is THE BEST Bowser Castle track in any Mario Kart game. Ever.
(Though the tracks aren't perfect. I despise Wario's Mine...and where's GCN Baby Park?)

Tricks which initially felt inconsistent came naturally, drifting which I once thought was too tight and fickle handled well...there's a learning curve for those who'll use the wheel. But persevere, it's worth it!
I've had zero problems online so far, connected fine, no noticeable lag in races. I'm happy so far...
Oh friend code is 1289-8345-8144 - send me a message if you want to add me!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Wario's mine isn't that bad, but I agree Baby Park will be missed. I'll add you in a bit.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I shall give it a go tomorrow. Aa couple more Worldwide races and I'm off.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Warios Mine is vicious for falling off stage.. still can't go down that first drop with the boost on it at any good speed without launching off into the darkness, although that's probably just due to my current state of sucking at the game.
*hidden course spoiler
Rainbow Road is the worst though, oh so pretty and filled with nostalgic goodness but some bits you've gotta just crawl around to avoid flying off track.

I've not noticed any lag on continental play, think Nintendo got this one right.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Has anyone been able to connect with friends. I get a disconnect message when connecting.
Yeah I've been able to connect most of the time. What are you trying to join them in, a Worldwide race? If that's the case it will take a while for you to get in because the worldwide races get full up quickly, and you have to wait until slots open.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
WHAT!? That makes no sense. Anybody have a video of this?
If you got Mario kart wii and wi-fi you can download their ghost data and see for yourself.

EDIT: LOL I Unlocked a bunch of stuff when I turned on the game today Funky Kong, Birdo, Rosilina and one of those Mini Cars that looks like a magickoopa.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been able to connect most of the time. What are you trying to join them in, a Worldwide race? If that's the case it will take a while for you to get in because the worldwide races get full up quickly, and you have to wait until slots open.
No I tried hosting a room but it disconnects before we can connectonly happens with friends. Do you need to run the update for it to work?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I haven't had any problems hosting a room. I did run the update, not sure how much influence it has.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I've experienced random errors before. Haven't you been able to join your friends at all?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
No but I only tested with 1. I'll test it with someone else today I think.
edit: Some more information:
I tried to do it while playing with my dad on 1 wii. My friend was unable to connect to our races we had even when we had like 6 people. And when I tried to connect us to him we get disconnected before we can join the room. Havent tried solo yet.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
No but I only tested with 1. I'll test it with someone else today I think.
edit: Some more information:
I tried to do it while playing with my dad on 1 wii. My friend was unable to connect to our races we had even when we had like 6 people. And when I tried to connect us to him we get disconnected before we can join the room. Havent tried solo yet.

6 People in the race doesn't mean there can't be 6 more people waiting allready to join the race.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ryuker I'll add you soon, see if it willl work. My FC 0301-9916-4866

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom