• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1622571511996.png
1622571235528.png

Job 26: Moonview Highway

This track hasn't made any return whatsoever since its debut in Mario Kart Wii, but it just looks so damn beautiful! There's a nice contrast between the outdoors and city areas. It could use a few revamps that match today's Nintendo graphics standards to make it even more beautiful, but otherwise, keep it as it is for me!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1622913478771.png

Job 27: POW Block

In Mario Kart Wii, it was an item that damaged all racers ahead of you and slowed them down. POW Blocks has been the earliest-appearing Mario thing, with it appearing in Mario Bros. POW Blocks would be balanced out here as opposed to in Wii by virtue of not affecting items that are airborne from ramp tricks or Gliding.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 11: Fake Item Box
...With some modifications. I want to repurpose this item to make it live up to it's name.

These updated FIB's actually, y'know, look like item boxes. The differences between real and fake are more subtle; gone are the ugly red Item Boxes that stick out like a sore thumb on the racetrack. Instead, Fake Item boxes only differ in that they have an upside-down question mark and don't spin.

But wait! There's more!

So, y'know how you often see FIB's strewn around the course and NOT near the real rows of item boxes? Yeah, nobody's falling for a lone item box in the middle of the track, no matter how authentic it looks. And even if you do decide to drop it near an actual row, the overlap of boxes will still be an obvious giveaway.

So for this new version, dropping this item near an actual row of item boxes will make it snap into the position the closest box to you, effectively replacing that real item box with a fake! This should make it much trickier for foes to tell what's real and what's not!
Submitting this again.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Returning Item: Thunder Cloud

I know a lot of people don't miss this little guy, but I always thought the anxiety of getting shocked from a cloud, offroad having no affect, increased speed, and having a chance to shock someone else added a bit of flare to MKW. It was always fun to have it in, even though I certainly got a bit mad when I got it.
Resubmitting this.

Top Bottom