• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario in Teams (2 vs 2) What can he do when paired with _____? (Current: Bowser)

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Peach and Mario can do some pretty odd stuff. Like having peach float → FLUDD'd → f air or something. Or she could be floating right above the foe in a 2v1 with mario right in front of the foe, limiting their options. Other than the applications like that they're an alright team. They rack up damage together well, it's just that they don't have much range and lack when it comes to kill power, so the team would have to rely on gimps for the majority of their kills, which can be a bit unreliable depending on the situation.

Both characters can play defensive or offensive or just switch between the two whenever needed.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Peach's attacks tend to knock opponents high enough in the air for Mario to immediately start combos. Like Mario_ 101 said, gimping can be tough in 2 on 2s...

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I think that Mario and peach would would make a good edgeguard/gimp team. peach can throw turnup as mario throws fire ball, peach could hover off the board to try and F-air and mario B-airs/cape/FLUDD if they get passed peach. It just just depends on the situation at hand but that is a pretty epic team.

NNID
LilG912
Mario and Peach would do well in doubles, I mean, when I brawl Peach players, they are very annoying, which is why Peach would do well w/ Mario, fireballs and turnips spam will annoy the other team. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This seems a lot like Mario/Puff in the sense that as good as the team may be, it has no killing power, and as a result has to rely on gimps for half of the kills, which isn't very likely to happen. Keep in mind that most teams you face won't have this problem as well.

Personally, I think that hinders this team far too much.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Such a large reliance on gimps is bad, but both Mario and Peach are good in this department, so that kinda makes up for it. They both have spammable projectiles to pressure the opponent and can wrack damage nicely. It should be noted that boosting Peach forward with the FLUDD while she floats is nice, assuming you guys practice it (I remember pulling off the best edgeguard of my life by FLUDD-ing my friends Ike while he was charging eruption to the ledge and he released it fully charged on the opponent for the kill).

Mario and Peach make an alright team. There are obviously better teams out there, but if you're stuck with a Peach, then don't complain - it's not bad at all.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
If you look back since melee Peach was the most dominant mario character. She does well with nearly every character in teams. But of the four mario characters. Peach and Luigi would be the best in teams.

Matt07

Smash Master
Bowser and Mario seem like a really good team. Bowser can tank amazingly well, and Mario can rack up the damage, and all it takes is a Whirling Fortress, or any one of Bowser's move too K.O at over 100% xD.

Problem may be when Bowser or Mario trying to save each other offstage...well Mario can use a d-air, and Bowser can you Klaw to help (maybe? I dunno it might result in both of them dying), and any of his aerials will probably K.O us xD.

B!squick

Smash Master
Firebreath would be Mario's only help off stage from Bowser to recover, but then they'd both be at risk so... just try not to hit each other while you stay on stage and you should be golden, lol.

More on this later when I have a nap.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmm... i think they would be a good team^^
mario just have to grab someone for a little moment and bowser would **** them all with his fsmash
and yeah if mario can't recover bowsers last options would be rescue both(or kill both lol) with claw^^

NNID
LilG912
Mario and Bowser on teams, idk, cuz Bowser is a large target for the other players on the opposing team and Bowser is soo easy to perform combos on. Mario is the important factor on the team to try to win for himself and Bowser. The Bowser player must gud be on his defense to handle the opposing team to win the match w/ Mario. Mario and Bowser would an ok team, it depends how the match is gonna turn out. Mario - all around, Bowser - strength and power.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
bowser does provide the killing power mario racks, but bowser also need a lot of space to work with

Dusty

Smash Rookie
I guess bowser is a good teammate if he spaced and was good but Mario would still have to put forth a lot of work just to balance the team.

Overall - the odds are against you too much to think that this is a good team (i think its an okay team)

Top Bottom