• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You live in Illinois, right? Know any good weeklies to go to? I've looked a bit but haven't found too much.
I don't live in Illinois anymore. You can ask Bo X7, he'll tell you everything you need to know. I do know that there's a sma4h monthly just outside of the city.

:pow:

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I don't live in Illinois anymore. You can ask Bo X7, he'll tell you everything you need to know. I do know that there's a sma4h monthly just outside of the city.

Oh okay, thanks. Yeah I know about the E2C monthly, I plan on going to one soon.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
lol, nevermind. I just was just checking for your name. I couldn't see your NNID from my phone. I'll get back on.

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Idk, I think it's my internet. there's more one person using my wi-fi.

If we lag again, I'll just call it a night.

Kuber

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kueber
Hey there, quick question: is there a general Mario main Skype conversation going on?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
May I ask your opinions on the Mega Man matchup and maybe a little advice on what I can do against you? Originally I didn't see Mario as that much of a threat, but now I'm starting to get convinced that its your favor:
  • Your cape seems to be the safest out of any reflector in the game with super low lag, can even safely reflect our metal blades and rush to us while we suffer the hitstun. Even z-dropping one or using Dair and Uair don't seem all that reliable against you.
  • Your mobility is good, and your frame data is some of the best in the game in both startup and endlag. Better than ours for sure.
  • You have a safer kill move than we do in your Usmash, and if we're not careful we can get gimped by Cape when recovering back (although, the same can hold true for reverse, since Mario isn't good at recovering in general)
  • You can combo us for quite some time due to our weight and fast fall speed. We do have Dthrow > Bair to keep up with your damage output though
  • Fireball camping is annoying and goes over and around our lemons, especially if Mario jumps while using it.
Any help on what we can do against you? Seems like our best options here are just lemons, leaf shield, bair, and rush coil; and some of our other good tools aren't as effective as usual. If this is the best we can do it probably isn't a good MU for us.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
May I ask your opinions on the Mega Man matchup and maybe a little advice on what I can do against you? Originally I didn't see Mario as that much of a threat, but now I'm starting to get convinced that its your favor:
  • Your cape seems to be the safest out of any reflector in the game with super low lag, can even safely reflect our metal blades and rush to us while we suffer the hitstun. Even z-dropping one or using Dair and Uair don't seem all that reliable against you.
  • Your mobility is good, and your frame data is some of the best in the game in both startup and endlag. Better than ours for sure.
  • You have a safer kill move than we do in your Usmash, and if we're not careful we can get gimped by Cape when recovering back (although, the same can hold true for reverse, since Mario isn't good at recovering in general)
  • You can combo us for quite some time due to our weight and fast fall speed. We do have Dthrow > Bair to keep up with your damage output though
  • Fireball camping is annoying and goes over and around our lemons, especially if Mario jumps while using it.
Any help on what we can do against you? Seems like our best options here are just lemons, leaf shield, bair, and rush coil; and some of our other good tools aren't as effective as usual. If this is the best we can do it probably isn't a good MU for us.
Man, I really like the Mario vs. Mega Man MU. Just since Mario can reflect basically every move Mega Man has. But, nevertheless, I'd say one good strategy is just taking advantage of that eagerness to reflect projectiles. Fake-outs can work. Like acting as if you're going to shoot something and then doing it with a slight delay or just in a different part of the stage in general. Also, shoot after you think you should. Cause Mario will usually cape when it SEEMS like you're gonna go with a projectile. Just mix things up and try to make cape a less reliable option. That's all I know, I guess...

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It is interesting that Mario has a move that can kill at 0%. It's actually quite frightening...
If you really wanna be technical about it, it doesn't. What Ally did was a reverse Super Jump Punch, which has set knockback. 6wx just happened to have bad enough luck to be close enough to the blast zone to where that set knockback was enough to kill him. Have I said the word "enough" enough yet?

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
If you really wanna be technical about it, it doesn't. What Ally did was a reverse Super Jump Punch, which has set knockback. 6wx just happened to have bad enough luck to be close enough to the blast zone to where that set knockback was enough to kill him. Have I said the word "enough" enough yet?
Well, I knew that. I was mostly kidding. But it's still cool...

Top Bottom