• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Might actually put a lot of effort into my :4mario: soon. His gameplay matches my style.

What are his guaranteed combos other then Dthrow>stuff and Uthrow>Dair>Fair without rage at low percents?

Also, is there a chart that lists :4mario:'s Usmash kill percentages in and out of rage?

:018:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
If smash 4 isn't one of the most jankyest games I've ever played, then I don't know what is. Every time I try to input a move I end up with some sort of button lag. Brawl controls is wayy better.

:pow:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Happy Birthday, Mario.
If smash 4 isn't one of the most jankyest games I've ever played, then I don't know what is. Every time I try to input a move I end up with some sort of button lag. Brawl controls is wayy better.

That sounds like a "you" problem. Although, Brawl does control better.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Solely because you can charge smash attacks on the C-Stick, which I hate. And for some reason, probably just placebo, Brawl just seems smoother to me.
It's the other way around for me, but it's probably cause I don't have a tv that brawl runs smoothly on anymore so inputs suck

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think you messed up.
If I want to charge a smash attack, I'll use the buttons. If I just want a normal smash attack, I'll use the C-Stick. Having two options of how to do a SA was genius, and now, no matter what you do, you have to manually release it, which is several times more annoying than just flicking the stick.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I think you messed up.
If I want to charge a smash attack, I'll use the buttons. If I just want a normal smash attack, I'll use the C-Stick. Having two options of how to do a SA was genius, and now, no matter what you do, you have to manually release it, which is several times more annoying than just flicking the stick.
That depends on what game you've been playing more. Whoever I go back to brawl that throws me off now lol. It really isn't that big of a deal though

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That depends on what game you've been playing more. Whoever I go back to brawl that throws me off now lol. It really isn't that big of a deal though
Me too. I like to go back to Brawl, like, every other weekend or so, and Smash 4 spoils me so much. "Why is this grey thing here? Where the hell is Dr. Mario? Who's 'Ice Climbers'?"

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Sighs. I need to stop coming on this site. It's clearly inactive, all the original plumbers aren't around anymore. 2010-2013 was the good years. Brawl Mario > Wii U Mario

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Me too. I like to go back to Brawl, like, every other weekend or so, and Smash 4 spoils me so much. "Why is this grey thing here? Where the hell is Dr. Mario? Who's 'Ice Climbers'?"
And the washed-out colors. My favorite thing about Smash 4, strangely, is that the colors have been changed back to the original bright happy colors.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sighs. I need to stop coming on this site. It's clearly inactive, all the original plumbers aren't around anymore. 2010-2013 was the good years. Brawl Mario > Wii U Mario

Join the Doc Skype group then. A lot of the old Brawl Mario mains show up on there.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
And the washed-out colors. My favorite thing about Smash 4, strangely, is that the colors have been changed back to the original bright happy colors.
I love Brawl's graphics. Funnily, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Guns of the Patriots are all my favorite games from their respective series', and they all have the same artstyle.
"Joined: November 27, 2014"

Hmm.....That makes sense.

Nobody has a gun to your head. If you don't like it, leave. Let the door whack you a few times on the way out.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

I know someone's said it already but, we do have a few Doc groups if you want to engage with fellow Docs. A lot of Brawl Marios have moved to him. (I myself just play him in every game he's in, to some extent)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm must be pretty good at setting up the bait. Instead of catching one fish, I caught two of them on one hook. I guess my opinion on the control and physics of Smash 4 will upset some people.

I never once said Smash 4 is a bad game. I still play it but not as much.

"And someone else sounds pretty salty"

That's the first time ever I heard someone said that to me.

Lets put all of this so-called flaming thing on ice.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
lol Where's the second fish? But this conversation has gotten pretty funny. I didn't even know it had devolved into anger. I thought we were just discussing the pros and cons of both games...

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
lol Where's the second fish? But this conversation has gotten pretty funny. I didn't even know it had devolved into anger. I thought we were just discussing the pros and cons of both games...
Someone understands me! I was literally laughing out loud just reading the replies towards me.
If anything, the anger didn't come from my keyboard.

I was just voicing my opinion about Smash 4 and how janky the game feels. It's overall a good game to play though. I'll eventually get comfortable with the game as time passes.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I wasn't sure either. My god messaging sucks sometimes. Oops. Lol lets not hold any weird grudges that might've just formed there. Anyway, let's talk about Mario. That's kinda the point of this thread.

I have been playing much more brawl lately, a dim pretty indifferent between the two games, the only thing that I like about Sm4sh over brawl is Mario's kill power. I grew up on Brawl and 64 (never owned melee)so brawl Mario feels really at home for me

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wasn't sure either. My god messaging sucks sometimes. Oops. Lol lets not hold any weird grudges that might've just formed there. Anyway, let's talk about Mario. That's kinda the point of this thread.

I have been playing much more brawl lately, a dim pretty indifferent between the two games, the only thing that I like about Sm4sh over brawl is Mario's kill power. I grew up on Brawl and 64 (never owned melee)so brawl Mario feels really at home for me
I would be completely fine with Smash 4 Mario if they didn't **** his down smash and his damage output.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What's wrong with his D-smash? It's great. Plus, Mario's never been better in a Smash game than he is in Smash 4 so I'm pretty satisfied...
The damage on its been severely nerfed and the sweetspot got switched around, so it can't kill from the front anymore.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I would be completely fine with Smash 4 Mario if they didn't **** his down smash and his damage output.
I felt this too at first, but then I realized how easy and rewarding Mario's confirms are.

A grab at 0% is a near free 30% on most of the cast. Any mid damage grabs or stray hits usually convert into Utilt chains to up B for 20%+ depending on the initial hit.

He has no KO confirms, but everything else is fine IMO.

Most of the brawl veterans got damage nerfs, so Mario wasn't alone.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
There must be trolls everywhere. Two of them on YouTube call themselves bullying by posting comments on one of my
videos. Why do people waste their time doing something they're bad at? I guess they have nothing else to do.

Luig

Confused
What's wrong with his D-smash? It's great. Plus, Mario's never been better in a Smash game than he is in Smash 4 so I'm pretty satisfied...
They made it so that it does less damage and it can't kill from the front, which has been done with a lot of other dsmashes, however ironically Mario's dsmash is so fast the back hit often comes out before a roll ends.

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
My first post here ever seems like a pretty popular thread EDIT: most hated MU? Mine is :4marth:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why is down throw to pivot forward smash the best combo ever?
They made it so that it does less damage and it can't kill from the front, which has been done with a lot of other dsmashes, however ironically Mario's dsmash is so fast the back hit often comes out before a roll ends.
Decreased it by a whopping 5%, too. I'm pretty sure that's one of the biggest nerfs to a smash attacks thus far.

Top Bottom