• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I was too poor to go.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I really only play Mario. I could potentially try out some other characters if you want to play sometime though.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think it's mainly just Ally, KirinBlaze, Bo, and Nyani. There are some unknowns out there using Mario too but the ones I see on stream are not up to Bo's calibur.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I was too poor to go.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I really only play Mario. I could potentially try out some other characters if you want to play sometime though.
I mean, we can still do dittos. I just don't want to play a lot of them to be frank...because I've found that they've always been a lame matchup by design. I'm pretty sure for the most part they're still won by the player who waits and camps better given Mario has pretty poor approaches on himself.

I currently play mostly Ganon, Mario, Doc, G&W, and Ike in that order.

Last edited:

Holla@ChaBoi390

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5100-6686
I want to fight a good Shulk and a good Marth/Lucina. Everyone says they are bad match ups but they don't seem too bad compared to others. Shiek and Zero Suit really push me to my limits haha

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ally didn't make it past Top 16 in Apex. He lost to aMSa's Greninja pretty convincingly.

It was definitely match-up inexperience at it's finest, but it is what it is.

BSP

Smash Legend
Like you said in another thread, lets take it with a grain of salt. The game is still really young and there's a lot to learn.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Let's hope he sticks to Mario and doesn't jump into the Diddy bandwagon

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of BO7x, got to play with him alot this weekend. For what its worth he's said i'm one of the best mario's he's played in a long time. The mario dittos are too fun imo :p

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hey Coolwhip. Get on Skype and lol with us.
Unfortunately, I don't have Skype. Me and Bo do text each other sometimes. Hopefully he'll go to a IL tournament sometime next week since we have weeklies here. :)

:pow:

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
My laptop needs some repair dude. ( Milk fell into it)

Lol. I gave Bo my number so we Illinois plumbers can FINALLY meet each other. He lived close by my grandmother's house, crazy huh?

:pow:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You know what, at one national tourney, we should just pool money together and fly down to the venue and just hang out. Then we all enter in and make Top 8 all Marios.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Bo7x you guys are referring to right? He's def a cool guy, was fun hanging with em and getting all dem mario dittos on at apex!

In other news, making the southeastern MI scene hate mario by placing well :p, got 2nd and 3rd respectively out of 50ish people at 2 different tournies this weekend.

Also down for the meeting up at an international and all marioing out with each other. Sounds epic!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So Link is the new Ice Climbers now?
He never was......
And bad news guys, my circle pad on my 3DS is totally wear off, I still don't have a Wii U yet, so I can't play Smash Bros for now.
And I still can't beat classic 9.0, any tips on how to defeat Master Core?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
He never was......
And bad news guys, my circle pad on my 3DS is totally wear off, I still don't have a Wii U yet, so I can't play Smash Bros for now.
It's easiest to do with heavy hitter characters. Ganondorf and Bowser were some of the easiest characters for me to complete Classic 9.0. Beating Master Core with agile but weaker characters in contrast is generally speaking harder.

As for customs and equipment, run mostly offense and defense just generally speaking. With Ganondorf you will really want to take Wizard's Drop Kick and Warlock Blade, and with Bowser you will want Dash Slash. Your goal against Master Core is so hit it as hard as possible before he has a lot of opportunities to attack. Ganon iirc can kill the Core forms in like 3 U-smashes or something. Bowser similarly can kill Master Core insanely fast with B-air.

Yes, learning to dodge attacks is important. From the first form, you should be able to at least spotdodge the unblockable horizontal slash and the scream. Go for the ledge when he tries to grab, and shield against any of the electric ball attacks. Second form, using ledge invincibility is your friend against most of the attacks, but focus more on just killing it quickly. Third form, you really should focus on dealing as much damage as you can as the form is spawning, but being able to spotdodge the final overhead sword slash after the barrage of sword slashes should be the least you can do. Fourth form acts like any other CPU and should be easy for you to beat. Then you do Master Fortress. Use grabs against the sword wielding enemies in your way, try to kill the laser enemies safely, then focus on killing the nodes. When attacking the second node, enemies will spawn and you may prefer eliminating them when that happens. When going for the third node where you have to drop off a cliff to reach it, you will want to do a N-air to hit the enemies below you before attacking the node. The fourth and final node is easy to kill as long as you are patient and clear out the initial enemies, get on the platform under the node, and then U-smash it to oblivion.

If you're trying to beat it with Mario, you still mostly want to run Offense and Defense equipment preferably, though keep in mind that this may potentially prevent you from being able to SH double B-air. Take Super Jump for recovery given you probably won't be using Super Jump Punch much anyway against the CPUs. If you have good equipment that boosts aerial attack damage, you probably want to run that on Mario in Classic. When killing the second Master Core form, remember that your most damaging attack is actually D-smash. Otherwise focus mostly on B-airs.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's easiest to do with heavy hitter characters. Ganondorf and Bowser were some of the easiest characters for me to complete Classic 9.0. Beating Master Core with agile but weaker characters in contrast is generally speaking harder.

As for customs and equipment, run mostly offense and defense just generally speaking. With Ganondorf you will really want to take Wizard's Drop Kick and Warlock Blade, and with Bowser you will want Dash Slash. Your goal against Master Core is so hit it as hard as possible before he has a lot of opportunities to attack. Ganon iirc can kill the Core forms in like 3 U-smashes or something. Bowser similarly can kill Master Core insanely fast with B-air.

Yes, learning to dodge attacks is important. From the first form, you should be able to at least spotdodge the unblockable horizontal slash and the scream. Go for the ledge when he tries to grab, and shield against any of the electric ball attacks. Second form, using ledge invincibility is your friend against most of the attacks, but focus more on just killing it quickly. Third form, you really should focus on dealing as much damage as you can as the form is spawning, but being able to spotdodge the final overhead sword slash after the barrage of sword slashes should be the least you can do. Fourth form acts like any other CPU and should be easy for you to beat. Then you do Master Fortress. Use grabs against the sword wielding enemies in your way, try to kill the laser enemies safely, then focus on killing the nodes. When attacking the second node, enemies will spawn and you may prefer eliminating them when that happens. When going for the third node where you have to drop off a cliff to reach it, you will want to do a N-air to hit the enemies below you before attacking the node. The fourth and final node is easy to kill as long as you are patient and clear out the initial enemies, get on the platform under the node, and then U-smash it to oblivion.

If you're trying to beat it with Mario, you still mostly want to run Offense and Defense equipment preferably, though keep in mind that this may potentially prevent you from being able to SH double B-air. Take Super Jump for recovery given you probably won't be using Super Jump Punch much anyway against the CPUs. If you have good equipment that boosts aerial attack damage, you probably want to run that on Mario in Classic. When killing the second Master Core form, remember that your most damaging attack is actually D-smash. Otherwise focus mostly on B-airs.
Thanks, but there are minor specific Smash terms that I quite don't get it, like SH.....
I also forgot to mention that I don't have a Wii U, so I still don't need to fight the Master Fortress yet, but I'll take that advice when I get the Wii U.

Last edited:

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Posted a couple weeks ago about getting a match with a mario player here but to no avail;

I'm a Marth main looking to get some practice in and hopefully some feedback/advice vs Mario. People are saying it's a bad MU for mario but I've played a few and I straight up always lose. Honestly, I would rather fight Diddy.

So if any Mario players here who hates Marth wants a chance to beat one up, now's your chance.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Posted a couple weeks ago about getting a match with a mario player here but to no avail;

I'm a Marth main looking to get some practice in and hopefully some feedback/advice vs Mario. People are saying it's a bad MU for mario but I've played a few and I straight up always lose. Honestly, I would rather fight Diddy.

So if any Mario players here who hates Marth wants a chance to beat one up, now's your chance.
PM me whenever you're available and we'll play. I have the whole night to myself at the moment.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
He never was......
I managed to beat it, on the 3DS, with Bowser without using any customs/equipment. Dodge the incoming attacks and place some well-timed up-smashes and b-airs and he goes down pretty quickly. Against the clone forme, focus more on grabs and then hitting as he tries to get back to the stage. Remember that you can defeat it either by a normal KO or by draining its HP, so you can get away by constantly doing some damage here and there. If you manage to get to the clone forme without losing any stock, you can always try Bowsercide for the lolz.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I managed to beat it, on the 3DS, with Bowser without using any customs/equipment. Dodge the incoming attacks and place some well-timed up-smashes and b-airs and he goes down pretty quickly. Against the clone forme, focus more on grabs and then hitting as he tries to get back to the stage. Remember that you can defeat it either by a normal KO or by draining its HP, so you can get away by constantly doing some damage here and there. If you manage to get to the clone forme without losing any stock, you can always try Bowsercide for the lolz.
Thanks.
Sometimes I just lost my temper and then can't even get past through Master and Crazy Hand within minimal damage...
I think that every time if I started feel frustrated when playing Classic Mode 9.0, I will stop for a moment. Now I need buy a New 3DS first because my circle pad is broken.

Top Bottom