• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
As long as you know the match-up, Ivysaur and Charizard should be pretty simple for Mario. The annoying one is Squirtle, but honestly I don't see him as a disadvantage either.

As for Metaknight, as long as the player doesn't **** around with you, you shouldn't be winning. Same with D3. They're both incredibly hard match-ups that we should never win against.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I agree with everything you said, hero. imo i see the pk trainer/mario mu as -1 or even.
It's worth debating about, but i'm not gonna make a thread about it.

:pow:

BSP

Smash Legend
I think the offstage factor can keep it at -2. Compared to MK, Mario actually has a chance to do something to Snake once he's in a bad position, either in the air or offstage. Mario's got a Meteor, and FLUDD can stop C4 recovery. All of his aerials will knock Snake out of cypher for quite a bit until they get really stale. When Snake is landing, properly timed and spaced Uair and Bair should beat Snake's options, and FLUDD limits his freedom to b-reverse grenades towards the ledge. Snake is definitely capable of landing, but Mario has the tools to keep him in the bad spot, unlike MK.

That being said, Snake poops on Mario if he's on the ground and set up, and, barring a gimp, will most likely live to 160%+ each stock, but things can go downhill so quickly if Snake gets into a bad spot, which is why I'd go for -2 instead of -3.

Hmm...maybe -2.5; -2 may not be giving Snake's weight, ground game, and power enough consideration.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys. Me and KMF set up a Mario Skype Group. If u guys wanna join, even if u don't play brawl anymore, we can talk about match-ups, troll, curse and all that other **** here. Just like u do here. Just give me ur Skype, I'll send a request. Or add me, I'm t25xl.erick Then I'll add u to the group. We don't have many, so we want to add more

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I think the offstage factor can keep it at -2. Compared to MK, Mario actually has a chance to do something to Snake once he's in a bad position, either in the air or offstage. Mario's got a Meteor, and FLUDD can stop C4 recovery. All of his aerials will knock Snake out of cypher for quite a bit until they get really stale. When Snake is landing, properly timed and spaced Uair and Bair should beat Snake's options, and FLUDD limits his freedom to b-reverse grenades towards the ledge. Snake is definitely capable of landing, but Mario has the tools to keep him in the bad spot, unlike MK.

That being said, Snake poops on Mario if he's on the ground and set up, and, barring a gimp, will most likely live to 160%+ each stock, but things can go downhill so quickly if Snake gets into a bad spot, which is why I'd go for -2 instead of -3.

Hmm...maybe -2.5; -2 may not be giving Snake's weight, ground game, and power enough consideration.
POWPOW21

BSP

Smash Legend
Funny you should mention that. I was going to see if I could get it in the CV. It was wifi, but still.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
wait what? I've been doing weird **** for combos with Mario lately

Here's wut I did a few weeks ago. Dair>Uair>Uair>Utilt>Pivot Grab>Fthrow>Jab Lock>Shielddrop>Fair

It was something I had in mind and was able to do, lol But I didn't put hax on to save the replay so I was like "****!!!!!!!!!!"

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, I went to a tourney today and only progressed in bracket with Mario. I got 5/17, losing to MK twice.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Metaknight sucks. How do you guys keep losing to him?
At the current stage of mario's metagame, mario can put up a decent fight against mk with
the tools he possess.....only if you're playing offline. on wi-fi, he's homo w/full blown lag.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Not sure if you guys are being serious about MK.
I was being sarcastic when i said "Metaknight sucks", no one (not even me) can say that
character is trash when he's been on the top of the food chain since day one.

We can have all the mk match-up exp, but at days end, he will stay at the top.

"You have much to learn"

-Metaknight

Famous, what's up dude. Howzit going?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I wonder what's the name of this upcoming ccv will be?

I know Bo_X7 & Fire! co-own the rights to the "Do The Mario" series (which is copyright)
So you guys will have to find another name for the mario ccv.

steep

Smash Lord
Hey all you people! Hey all you people! Won't you listen to meeeeeeeee?

No, I didn't just have a sandwich with jellyfish jelly, HOWEVER I AM thinking about getting back into the scene. I used to go to every tourney I could buuuuuut I have been inactive for far too long. Been playing some friendlies on AiB to get back into it and I have been trying to incorporate some more unconventional mixups. I'd like to be in the Skype group (DaDubbaC is my name) and in the Mario combo video if we've got room for clips still. I want to get back into this scene and rep Mario!

Also, hey Xero how's it going?

Also also, Mario's fludd is godlike in dubs if you know how to use it. Wanna know why?

I'll post a vid for you to see why. My roommate and I are beasts at Mario + DK Fludd setups! DK Jump - Mario Fludd - DK Fair = Moving Spike/Early Kill move.

And Fludd stops all momentum so you can save your partner… ;)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Mario mains have humor & mad chill. Metaknight mains are too serious & virgins. xD

As for that mario ccv......if anyone drops out.....i'd join. I already have thought about what clips
i'm gonna use. I hope youtube don't flag the video because of me. ;)

I'll really like to see famous & windkai in the video since i read that updated thread.

Top Bottom