• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I remember I attended an offline tournament and went against a dedede. I knew I would lose to him if I used Mario so I went Falco XD.

steep

Smash Lord
If the opponent is a competent DDD I usually use Olimar haha BUT if they are picking DDD to counter Mario (i.e. it's just a pocket character) then I usually just play Mario and know that all they are going for is the grab. A DDD who just grabs isn't too hard to beat as long as you play smart. A DDD main will utilize all of his other tools that shut us down, and that combined with his grab capabilities are what make the MU so hard. Hope that helps.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Same as steep. My very first tourny, I went against a dude's pocket DDD. I'm a big noob now, but I was a HUGE noob then, and I still beat it. Pocket DDDs aren't too much of a threat if you play the range game.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
lol the only Mario I hav known to handle the hardest mus for mario is boss, man did he kno mario better than any1. btw I was wondering, can u guys make a list of all the marios that ever played, like known marios, and put them in a list from best to worst?

steep

Smash Lord
I don't know an exact order (and I don't really think there is an absolute order anyway), but some of the better Marios were Boss, Flameleon, Xeroxen, Bo X7, Vato Break, Matador, Kirin Blaze, Fire!, Famous, and plenty of others. Some of those people still play, others not so much, but they all helped develop the metagame through their individual styles. This list was just off the top of my head so forgive me if I forgot anyone major. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses is the reality. There is no perfect Mario out there. Which is really good news for all of us, because it means we still have room to improve. :D

steep

Smash Lord
Coolwhip I didn't mention you or myself because I think we are still working towards that level of Legendary Mario. And I'm sorry but Flameleon isn't perfect. Give me any video and I will tell you what his mistakes were. There is always room to improve.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Monk's play helped motivate me to improve when I was just starting out, I also learned stuff from playing against Matador and from watching Famous as well.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I got so much room for improvement. Yet I personally think I'm at least at CoolWhip and Steep's level by now. Maybe a little less knowledge with Mario, but I do feel I kno quite a bit. Btw I'm gonna upload matches recorded by my potato (iPod) so tell me anything I might need to work on, thx in return

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I got so much room for improvement. Yet I personally think I'm at least at CoolWhip and Steep's level by now.
I wouldn't be watching those old videos of my plumber, their pretty much out outdated tbh with you.
I'm like 5x better then that by now.

@MarioBoards: Anyone has a favorite non-smash game to play?
I'm getting the new splinter cell when it comes out. #Can'tWait

:pow:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Btw I've been wondering this entire time, everyone here at the Mario Boards, how did u guys get ur names? Wuz it a nickname from some1 else. Did u make it up randomly? Is it part of ur real name? How'd u guys get them? I came up with mine randomly putting numbers and letters together and out came "T25XL" lol, das my story :p

steep

Smash Lord
I see what you did there JuxtaposeX...

My name means "steep hill" in Indian or something… dunno I've always been steep or steephill as my online usernames.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
<-Family Guy

Also, imo matador got the best smash name because matador means "Killer" or "bull fighter"

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Monk's play helped motivate me to improve when I was just starting out, I also learned stuff from playing against Matador and from watching Famous as well.
Yeah, about the same. I remember when I first played wifi'd with someone on the mario boards, it was Matador. He put me on the ledge and wouldn't let me get off of it till I was 130%, and that was only so that he can hit me in the head with a fsmash lol. I couldnt do anything to him, he just jabbed the **** ouf of me until I died to death.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You know when your mario skillz has 1-up after playing against guys like Kirinblaze, Flameleon,
Matador, Vato_Break, Boss & Bo_X7. (Only wish Famous played wi-fi)

Honorable mention marios: Steep, Teb, Windkai (could be the next vato) & MP8.
MP8 is back in the states now after being away on his mission.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Hey guys. Smash Boards is back (yay) and to be honest, I kind of prefer the temporary frontpage that was to the current one we have know.

BSP

Smash Legend
...is a terrible character, but luckily he's low tier so you can use him for something.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
pretty much any1 can if u kno mario well enough, and u of course kno ur opponents character well enough. There are really only a few high tiers mario can legitly handle well, at least most good marios should be able to. Snake, Olimar (all about that spacing and timing), probably diddy (sounds controversial tho), and maybe wario. any other high tiers I may have missed, or did I get any wrong :p

BSP

Smash Legend
Wario is starting to feel impossible to me. His air mobility lets him bob and weave out of Mario's already short range easily and just out space him with whatever he wants.

And waft. Waft >_>

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
u mean like Wafty, or are u reffering to something else. And I've played a few warios they weren't that difficult. in fact it was mostly last hit, last stock for me. I don't really kno how to explain how I deal with them, I just do fine.

Top Bottom