• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Steep has definitely improved. We have been playing a decent amount recently so I'm sure he has plenty of practice in the matchup and just general playing.

He has some nasty doubles shenanigans too.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Steep 1-up his game? That's freaking awesome yo. It's always a joy hearing/seeing another fellow plumber improved their game.
Besides, we need to give mario the mid-tier status he rightfully deserves.

Have anyone here played windkai's mario yet? I think he's pretty legit.

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/windkai.ai <--This is the mario main i'm talking about....

steep

Smash Lord
Wow thanks guys that was all a big boost to my confidence, which is good because it's audition time for school again and I need it! Ha Ha and yeah I've improved a lot… Just analyzing my own videos and studying my habits and trying to correct them. Thinking more about mixing up my options ALL the time, and not just when I am in control of the situation. The biggest thing is just playing though. I have been able to play XeroXen a lot lately and he helped me improve in the ditto. I need to work on spacing now… Xero! Teach me how you space so freaking well all the time!

And thanks for the compliment on doubles Xero. ;) I pride myself on my ability to play well in doubles. Ha Ha

EDIT: And yeah Mars we will definitely have to play sometime!

EDIT2: I played windkai a long time ago. He is pretty legit, and I'm sure he has only gotten better. I would like to see him play Matador, XeroXen, or Flameleon. Just to see where he "stack"s up.

EDIT3: Please ignore that awful pun...

steep

Smash Lord
@ XeroXen: I meant I would like to see you guys play in person.

@ Black Mantis: Do work, you two! Why doesn't Dr. Yogi post for himself again?? No offense to you, BM, just curious.

I teamed with a MW Snake at one of Composer's tourneys (it may have been Sovereign) and had a blast. lol Our first game ended with me fludding one of our opponents mid jump into his charged Usmash for the win. Also, caping the knockback from grenades is godlike. Fludding Snake while he charges Fsmash is also scary as hell for the other team. lol

EDIT: Excuse the pun...

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It's really hard to play anyone serious on wi-fi to see how well they "Stack"s up.
Most people like me play alot better offline, that's when the techs, tricks & combos comes in full effect. :cool:

It'll be mad cool if me & matador play some offline doubles...I think were really good as a team.
Mario Bros., Double mario or mario/zamus.

Oh yeah, did you guys know that mario has a armor grab? It's kinda like how wario's f-smash has some armor when someone tires to attack him.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think all non-tether grabs work like that. During the initial frames, they'll tank a hit, and you still get to grab.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
All grabs work that way, I think some tether grabs might have that effect as well (?) Not entirely sure though.

I once saved my partner by giving him superarmor with the cape. It was pretty hot.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
I was also quite surprised when I grabbed a DK and took a fully charged Usmash without flinching.

Kinda off-topic, but to anyone who played Galaxy 2, how long did it take you to finish the very last comet on the very last galaxy (trying not to spoil). It took me over 3 hours xd

:phone:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've never played the galaxy series tbh, so i don't know anything about it.
I still like playing the older mario games like sm64. (I'm stuck @ 119 stars and can't find the last one) -_-

oh yeah....this megaman beat is crazy. xD

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
NIIIIICCCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I however don't have wi-fail atm....i'll be back in two weeks, hopefully. Howzit goin, boss?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'd play but it'd be a big hassle to set up my Wii to this college network.

I'll see what I can do I suppose, but I absolutely refuse to play Mario or ZSS on WiFi. I'm too used to them offline.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
its goin alright....

tryna think of some things to advance the mario metagame n whatnot...

so far nothin..haha
Mario's metagame isn't goin anywhere.....anytime soon. :laugh:

EDIT: Yoooo, Dr.mario frame data thread (Click Here) is so dope, showing how everything breaks down with gifs. Maybe we should do something like this for mario.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Just played Boss like 2 days ago. Mad I couldn't save anything.

HEY, LET'S GET ACTIVE AGAIN? NEW THREADS, YEA?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
All of our Mario info is either outdated or scattered. One thing I actually wanted to do is build a centralized guide.

I think we really need to get on that.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Probably, but nobody who has all the knowledge or the desire to find it all really has that much time to do it, to my knowledge. I'd do it but I'm in college and I'm super busy and whatnot.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
oh well mines been hacked since 2010..was able to save lots of good matches.
I del most of old ones, esp dittos. just tired of ditto matches being saved on my sd card. lol
the only ditto matches i still got are flame, MP8 (Gone on his "Mission") and boss.

Oh yeah, i still got some of our dubz matches saved as well, esp that double mario. we miss dat 6-stock chance lol.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I don't have college until later next month and I only work a few hours, so I'll try to make something happen.

@Matador - I used to, but I never checked it.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Matador......
I didn't know you played FAE before. His lucas is godlike...xD

So i've finally read monk's thread from top to bottom and i pretty much agree with most on what he's saying about mario.
adaptation is very vital and a must if you're in a losing battle. (Key for come from behind victorys)

Mario's range is bad when you fight characters that outrange him like falco, zss, snake etc...
One of the reasons why to we have fight up-close...

(Click here to read the rest, if you want to)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah, FAE used to wreck me hard. I'm probably a little better vs him now, but I'm pretty bad vs Lucas in general.

Top Bottom