• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[March 9, 2014] King of the House (Dallas, TX)

nevakee

Smash Rookie
I might come to this for fun (haven't played smash in ages). Anyone wanna team up?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm sure we can find you someone at the venue : D that's how i got my last three teams partners : p

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
I won't be able to make it until after 12, so if ALL registration ends at noon and I only want to play in Melee singles, do I have to get someone else to sign me up and pay for me?
You can stop by the venue any day before the 9th (if you live close by) and ask for us; we will get you pre registered and maybe give you a few friendlies too. There is always at least one Melee setup here that we constantly test with.

If not possible, just text both of us your name and whichever tournament you wish to enter on the day of.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Aw jeez, I don't think I've mentioned that I'm coming along yet despitethefactthatInotedsoontourneylocator. We've three setups and three or four players coming along this time.

Also, does there happen to be a custom stage screen...thing released for this tournament yet? That kind of stuff seems to help tournaments progress more smoothly, I figure, and I might as well get our setups ready to go with it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm pretty sure the stage setup is the same as the last bowser's revenge? if so, you can just use the pac from that.

D

Deleted member

The stage setup isn't the same iirc
I actually haven't started the menu yet cause of IRL stuff, I'll try to release it tonight (I'm the guy that has made the menus for all the TX tournies)

nevakee

Smash Rookie
This might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone wanna meet me and spend a day practicing with me on saturday? I'm extreeeemely rusty. No one I know plays anymore an d I never really was a part of the smash scene so I don't have any practice partners. I'd be willing to drive to wherever as long as it's reasonable (I live in Arlington). I know it's random, but can't hurt to try :D.

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
This might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone wanna meet me and spend a day practicing with me on saturday? I'm extreeeemely rusty. No one I know plays anymore an d I never really was a part of the smash scene so I don't have any practice partners. I'd be willing to drive to wherever as long as it's reasonable (I live in Arlington). I know it's random, but can't hurt to try :D.
Smashfest tomorrow (Saturday) at PHO HOUSE DALLAS for players that want to practice/chill and get a feel for the restaurant.
11:00AM to 6:00PM

If you bring a setup, you can leave it overnight (It'll be safe, don't worry) and we'll count it for the setup discount on Sunday.

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
"Fees
Venue: $10 ($5 If you bring a Setup**)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person"

:)

@ P phởHouse , Will there be a stream?
Yes there will be a stream, but due to network constraints (We are still working on it) we cannot run our stream and the ROM7 stream at the same time. Our plans are to stream TOP 8 for both singles brackets upstairs with the projector running.

D

Deleted member

ok so I FINALLY finished what I was doing IRL tonight, I'm only just now starting the common5 BUT IT'LL BE DONE BEFORE I SLEEP I SWEAR ON IT

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
You can stop by the venue any day before the 9th (if you live close by) and ask for us; we will get you pre registered and maybe give you a few friendlies too. There is always at least one Melee setup here that we constantly test with.

If not possible, just text both of us your name and whichever tournament you wish to enter on the day of.
Okay, I might be able to come by tomorrow but if not I'll just text you guys the day of. If I have to text you, will I just pay you when I get there on Sunday?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The stagelist has FoD listed as (Singles Only) In starters AND counterpicks
Is FoD meant to be a starter in singles and a doubles counterpick, or just a singles only stage and banned in doubles

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I'll def be coming for friendlies and the bar. I just started my new job and won't get paid for like three weeks. So, if anyone wants to front me $15 as a sponsorship, that's cool. If not, no worries, I'll still be there! And at least a couple money matches will be had.

I do need to get a hold of @-=Untamed-Beast=- still to confirm my carpool. William! Halp!

D

Deleted member

I am preeeeeetty sure I should be at this. Still not 100% sure, but I'm going to be teaming with Luck in PM and we plan on taking teams MUAHAHAHAHA

btw we should really go fast on this, I need to be out of the venue by around 10 ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Somebody better take pictures and a video of the venue with all the setups up are running!
I'm sorry I can't make this, but I swear I'll be at the next one! (When is the next one, by the way?)

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
I am preeeeeetty sure I should be at this. Still not 100% sure, but I'm going to be teaming with Luck in PM and we plan on taking teams MUAHAHAHAHA

btw we should really go fast on this, I need to be out of the venue by around 10 ish.
If all our space is filled with setups then ending by 10 shouldn't be impossible even with four tournaments running.

Somebody better take pictures and a video of the venue with all the setups up are running!
I'm sorry I can't make this, but I swear I'll be at the next one! (When is the next one, by the way?)
We're still in discussion about future tournaments. Owners want to see how the first one goes before making more plans. If we do host another it won't be until April.

Last edited:

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
We're still in discussion about future tournaments. Owners want to see how the first one goes before making more plans. If we do host another it won't be until April.
In other words, make sure you all buy food throughout the day! It's a business, so the more income/sales they get, the higher chances of having a repeat. it won't hurt to buy good food right? :D *excited for pho on a cold day*

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
I'm confirming going to this. Sorry I never check the boards. I may be looking for a teammate depending on SOS' situation

D

Deleted member

If the next one is in April and it happens to be on the 19th, the day after my birthday, going to this would be the only present I need. :dedede:

Top Bottom