• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 16, 2008 Brawl Tournament at Trader's Planet See who's the best in San Antonio

sos246

Smash Journeyman
i didnt see sean in the tier list for 3s gg

also can we get back on topic please? which is me winning this tournament this sunday :)

K1T3

Smash Lord
So I'm seeing like 3 people going to this so far... I don't even think most people know that this is going down...
What's going on with setups?

Green Greens is the gay with dedede and fox's shiney... blocks and all, hell it sucked in melee...

Robby Corneria is camping central and should've been banned in melee
Great Bay(this is big blue right?)... come on...
Though I hate Frigate Orpheon I can't think of a good reason to ban it so oh well...
Mario Circuit? I mean it's fine and all but if you're allowing stages with walk off edges now then you should consider previously banned stages that were banned because of them...
But aside from that your list seems fine.
Though you really should have random reset and counter stage ban.... Add that ****

Preacher5

Smash Cadet
I need to inform everyone that is planning on attending this event that Trader's Planet has never ended a tournament early due to a specific closing time. We will definitely remain open as long as it takes to finish the tourney.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you on Sunday!

K1T3

Smash Lord
Yeah good ****, I was still in the middle of doing that
That saves lots of time =)
Now to mess with some more Bsticking Lucas

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can beat Hugs constistantly in brawl and play with people like Azen and Tapion frequently :).

Who is going to beat me? None of you know anything about brawl except C. And C doesnt have the experience I do :).

<3 SA.

(This is just pointless trashtalk btw and means nothing. I don't know how much you guys know lol.)

Mr.C

Smash Master
I can beat Hugs constistantly in brawl and play with people like Azen and Tapion frequently :).

Who is going to beat me? None of you know anything about brawl except C. And C doesnt have the experience I do :).

<3 SA.

(This is just pointless trashtalk btw and means nothing. I don't know how much you guys know lol.)
But online has a good 10-20 frames of lag lol =[ So the timing is much different when really playing although the experience from just playing Azen etc should boost up your game lol.

Truthfully I don't really care how well I do, just want to go have some fun and learn as much as I can. <3

Mr.C

Smash Master
I'm still loving how the only counter pick stages are either walk off stages or stages with walls.

SOS must be really desperate lol.

Bulkyvendor

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with what Tommy said earlier.
Is anyone going to this event?

Like 7 people?
Also my Mike (XD64) wants to do biweeklies at his house again. New post about it soon.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Hmmm I'm suprised you liked that... I really don't like it so much =P but I guess that just means we all get to play dedede a lot

Tourney's at Mike's would be fun =)

Yeah it seems some people are going. I'll be there tomorrow, provided I wake up of course.

Bulkyvendor

Smash Rookie
I am going to the genesis one today, maybe the one tomorrow...probably not.
It's SmashHMO's birthday.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
result's
there was 19 entrant's

1st S.O.S.(King DeDeDe and Marth) and Kal(Marth) (the fianls were held on hyrule temple falcon dittos (for ****s and giggles) which i won but we split anyway :p

3rd Teh Masterer Betty (R.O.B.)
4th Mr.c (Toon link)
5th Coach (Meta Knight)
6th Jose (Olimar)

the rest not to sure on.

anywayz brawl sucks.

oh and GG to the guy i played first round wehn i was cging him and he literally unpluged my controller and killed me and i pluged it back in and still won in a tournament match GG NOOB GG.

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
oh and GG to the guy i played first round wehn i was cging him and he literally unpluged my controller and killed me and i pluged it back in and still won in a tournament match GG NOOB GG.
lalwzzzzz I remember this. dude was ****ting his pants. also rob is the new hotness

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Yeah, ROB is a beast.
Easily spammable projectile, good smashes is all directions, amazing recovery, and some bull**** aerials.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Zelda is a ***** ***** lol can't get past them smashes :(

good matches everyone.

For those who play Olimar, Metaknight and R.O.B l2play Bowser or something jesus op chars mother fuxer pancake eating.

Had fun peacesies <3

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
I quit competitive brawl due to the fact it's rigged towards the chars Mr. C just stated. I will continue to keep my skills sharp in case of some noob talking ****. Back to a real man's game, CoD 4

Kal

Smash Champion
Zelda is a ***** ***** lol can't get past them smashes :(

Blah, Zelda's not that broken. Haha, you just have to keep pressure on her. If you ask me, you definitely deserved top two. But hey, it's not like I had an easy time beating you in winners. Your Toon Link is really good, and bair-bomb-arrow spam is really hard to get around. I'm surprise I won my first match with Marth.

I quit competitive brawl due to the fact it's rigged towards the chars Mr. C just stated. I will continue to keep my skills sharp in case of some noob talking ****. Back to a real man's game, CoD 4
The game's been out a week, and you're telling me that some characters are broken already? Come on, the game is god-awful, but even I'm rational enough to note that we have no idea what's broken and what isn't. Zelda came out high-tier in Melee, and now she's bottom.

Top Bottom