• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 22, 2014] CRESCENDO 2! [melee] (Austin, TX)

MT_

Smash Ace
This event will be held in Gamerz Galaxy in the Hancock Center. There's a coffee house, a buffalo wing restaurant, an HEB, Wendy's, Freebirds, et cetera, within walking distance of the venue. There will be free play before the tournament starts and maybe after (depending on how efficient the tournament runs).

RULES

1v1
Four-stocks
8-minute timer
Items are set to OFF
Best of 3 Matches (Winners Finals/Semis, Losers Finals/Semis/Quarters, and Grand Finals are Best of 5)
Double-Blind Character Selection
Initial stage determined by stage striking! Ask a TO for further details.
Repeat after every match: Loser picks stage (as detailed below), winner chooses character, loser chooses character
Subsequent matches on the losing player's choosing from Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, or Pokemon Stadium. (Cannot choose stage you already won on, unless your opponent agrees).

2v2
Same as 1v1, except that Fountain of Dreams is not legal and Kongo Jungle is a counterpick.

ADDITIONAL RULES
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptable moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
No controller modification.
Being 5 minutes late to a match after being called means you forfeit that match, after 5 more minutes you forfeit the set.
Don't disrupt your opponent mid-match.
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER IF POSSIBLE

SCHEDULE
1:00 doors open, registration begins
1:45 2v2 registration closes
2:00 2v2 begins
2:45 1v1 registration closes
3:00 1v1 begins
7:00 cleanup

ENTREE FEE
$5 venue fee [NEW]
$5 for singles
$5 per person for teams ($10 per team)

PAYOUTS
1v1:

if 32 or less entrants:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

if more than 32 entrants:
1) 55%
2) 25%
3) 10%
4) 5%

2v2:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Rylonhead

Smash Rookie
Is crescendo going to be a monthly tournament? I'm looking forward to going this time.

Zhea

Smash Ace
SA will try to come to this. Might have to Megabus if Nike is still hurting in the butt.

EDIT: Actually that is looking like the case. March Madness has come, and with it any chance of reaching Nike for those weekends.

Last edited:

MT_

Smash Ace
I'll see if someone can pick you guys up. Or maybe you guys want to make a post of your own in the Austin FB group? (I don't know how many people are coming and when the bus schedule is etc...)

Jarbinks9/11

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys are you hosting a melee tournament over here? Thats cool and everything, but just wanted to let you know that you should totally consider adding project m as an event. I know that you may already have a schedule set up, but if you want to attract people like myself to your tournament then you should get to setting up project m stations right away.

Jarbinks9/11

Banned via Warnings
Hmm thats a damn shame because project m is the best game ever made. I just find it sad how people can still play a 13 year old game with only 6 viable characters when theres a new game with new characters that is technically superior in every way. Project melee should be considered and held at every event even ones that have already decided what games they were going to have beforehand, even when it conflicts with time constraints and resources because project melee deserves it.

MT_

Smash Ace
Not sure if trolling, but if not then I pity the PM community for having obnoxious people like you in it posting laughably ignorant things like above which gives the community as a whole a bad image.

Jarbinks9/11

Banned via Warnings
Melee being at evo over project m is the only thing thats pitiful. Its more ignorant of nintendo to not realize that project m would help the growth of smash as a series and sell more copies of smash 4 than melee ever could. Project m is the future, when melee is dying dont come running to me asking for an apology.

Top Bottom