• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 2, 2014] Tha Shrimp 004-- Melee and P:M (Baton Rouge, LA)

D

Deleted member

Above all else, bring set ups. in order of importance: P:M set ups, Melee set ups, power strips, TVs. if you want to enjoy yourself and continue having nice turnouts for melee and PM, bring a set up. pretty please.

a few more important changes to shrimp format, or just things i would like to be taken to heart:

Everyone knows me in the community for being a harsh TO. This time i promise ill be even stricter. If you have to disappear for a second that is okay as long as its a reasonable amount of time, IF you come talk to me prior to stepping out and explaining your situation. If you do not do that, and i call your name and you dont show up, you have 2 minutes to get to me or your station to play. after 2 minutes you lose game one. i will then yell your name one more time. after another 2 minutes you lose game 2 and go to losers bracket, or if already in losers bracket, lose the tournament. I will NOT spend half the day searching for people outside, in their cars, going to get food, pooping, ect. its not that hard to tell me you need 5 minutes. And if you try and tell me you need 5 minutes after every single game i will not allow it. once or twice i understand. otherwise i have to keep the tournament running and you cant spend 10 minutes between every match hanging out. im sorry, i dont mean to be a ****, thats just how it is. I can not convince you how hard im going to be enforcing strict adherence to prompt play. I have a feeling that people will be very mad at me after but im giving you all fair warning.

I'm also changing entry fees for the first time. every real event will now be $5 per person to enter. mostly to make things simpler.

If i dont get more than 1 set up for every 4 entrants for P:M i will not be running singles. P:M has gotten huge lately so i think EVERYONE would be hugely disappointed if we didnt get to play. the way to solve this is bring a set up. last time we only had 2 set ups and im not willing to spend 4 hours for a small tournament again. (this really isnt that hard i promise. we havent had more than 24 people show up for PM singles yet. i personally have 2 set ups. so if we get 4 more set ups then it's fine. please help out.)

Venue fee: FREE. some of us don't try to make money off tournaments and actually do it for the community. That being said, this is a house tournament. If you steal or attempt to steal anything at the house, I promise you will wish that you wouldn't have. I have multiple people watching so dont think you're safe just because im busy running the tournament. Be respectful and dont trash things and clean up after yourselves please. just be a guest and have fun. theres no one being paid to clean up after you so just keep that in mind.

The good stuff!

Tournament at 511 laurie lynn drive, baton rouge, LA 70819 (my house)

including P:M teams, P:M singles, Melee teams and singles, and finally melee and P:M crew battles.

Registration starts at 11:00 AM. The first event start at 12:00 P:M. please try and show up by 11:30 at the latest so we can actually start on time for once. events will probably follow as such, but are subject to change if previous tournaments are slower than anticipated. they will how ever start NO EARLIER than the times posted. so if you want to play a tournament, and you show up by that time, you're good.

times

p:m teams - 12:00

p:m singles - 1:30

melee teams - 3:30

melee singles - 5:30

awesome crews with special rules and possible prizes - 7:00

entry fees are as follows:

p:m teams: $5 per person

p:m singles: $5

melee teams: $5 per person

melee singles: $5

melee and P:M crews: free or $1 depending on public demand

all the rules are normal. we've been doing this for too long to type it again.

DSR is in effect for every set (even 3/5), unless otherwise agreed upon.
Pausing will be a 1 stock loss if the opponent chooses to enforce this rule.
should probably just turn pause off.

all matches will be 2/3 except winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3/5.
the person coming from loser's will have to win two sets in grand finals.

come out and have fun.

wobbling is allowed

bans for 2/3 games. no ban for 3/5

-Ran

Smash Master
I should be able to come, but it means I'll be missing out on table top gaming day. D:

D

Deleted member

dude i got SO MANY TABLE TOP GAMES we can play after. im off school we can hang out monday

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll try to get the Panhandle Manhandlers there.
Housing would be fantastic.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Awwhh yea. We should record all finals (Quarter finals to grand finals, losers and winners) if possible. Normally I would say MM? But I usually have to bust out right after I lose, so I won't say MM this time.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well crap. If you're bringing fl over I may have to try to get the day off for this after all. Do me a favor joe, and text me when you know for sure if you'll be making it or not (my number hasn't changed ever, so hopefully you still have it).

D

Deleted member

damn i havent checked this since i made it. hype if yall come joe. we can find you some housing. bring some rice im hungry.

[X]CEL

Smash Rookie
NNID
Marth
Yo I like Rice, but I like beating n00bs even more.

Zone

Smash Champion
Probably 2 cars + I think I got 3 AL players coming with us. I got Monday off so I can survive lol

Pritch

Smash Lord
Arzak, I see you're from new orleans but I don't think we've played. We should do something about that. I play regularly with the guys from tulane, PM me a phone number or something and I'll let you know when we're playing.

Also, if Fl is coming I guess there's no good excuse left for me to not be asking for that date (and maybe the next day) off.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
yo if florida players are going think i can hitch a ride with one of you guys? my roommate is on the fence with this one since a Mobile tournament was announced yesterday and it's closer for us.

Zone

Smash Champion
yo if florida players are going think i can hitch a ride with one of you guys? my roommate is on the fence with this one since a Mobile tournament was announced yesterday and it's closer for us.
I'm trying to get Florida to both tournaments. Mobile on SAT, this one on Sunday.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Arzak, I see you're from new orleans but I don't think we've played. We should do something about that. I play regularly with the guys from tulane, PM me a phone number or something and I'll let you know when we're playing.

Also, if Fl is coming I guess there's no good excuse left for me to not be asking for that date (and maybe the next day) off.
I'm pretty sure you've played Zach before ;)
Dude ask for Sat and Sun off, there's a BR tournament Saturday too, smash all weekend!

Pritch

Smash Lord
Don't know if I'll be able to get the whole weekend off what with the whole service industry job on mardi gras weekend (or if I'll want to for that matter, should be money to be had that weekend). Also, I feel like zach is just trying to confuse people between going by his own name in person, tachyon at tournaments, and this on the boards. Man of entirely too many names.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Pretty reasonable! Well yeah just try to find out and let us know with some time to prepare other ride scenarios so everything can go to what they wanna attend. Tags in real life are weird. You're an outlier since Pritch is sorta your name. At tournaments I'm gonna make you call me Mushroom Dynamite :luigi:

KarmaJolt

Smash Cadet
Psyched for PM crews.

ALSO I might need a doubles partner for PM.

ALSO I will try not to accidentally steal your contact solution this time.

Last edited:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well you may not have to fit me, unfortunately. Mardi Gras weekend is not a sane time for tournaments for those of us in New Orleans, particularly those of us working downtown in the service industry.

I *might* be able to get it off, but it's not looking good currently. And even if I were able to, traffic to and from is going to be heinous, particularly for me since I live literally 2 blocks off of the parade routes.

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not that familiar with the area but is mardi-gras on the sat or Sunday? I know traffic gets hectic then and were coming from Pensacola. Any warnings I should know driving to baton rouge or will driving on i-12 affect pcola at all?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Mardi Gras is this coming wednesday through tuesday. Almost a week-long party. If you're driving through/trying to stay in nola you're going to be in for a bad time.

That said, I imagine I-12 will be fine.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
That's good news to hear. I hope you guys can make it up. I've seen enough cop shows to now how insane New Orleans gets

Top Bottom