• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"man" in conversaion =/= calling you a man

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Link to original post: [drupal=891]"man" in conversaion =/= calling you a man[/drupal]

When I talk to people, I like to express how I feel through words, much like most people. Hence, why expression is very common in conversation. So I talk to girls and guys and I frequently say stuff like "Maaaan. Thats really lame" or "Man, why would you do that?" and stupid stuff like that. Now guys, its like whatever. Fine. But no, some girls are like "are you calling me a man?" Yes. Yes, I am calling you a man. In my distress, I confuse peoples genders and address them by the opposite sex. Isn't it really obvious that I'm just using it to express how I feel? Its like, you can say "ohh, maaaan" but you can't say "maaan". Wtf? Does "ohh" make THAT much of a difference? Sure, you can say I'm using man in my statement in the form of addressing someone, but come on. To me, it pretty much goes as an unwritten rule that if its not obvious I'm addressing you, I'm NOT addressing you! So how come people can get away with "God, why do you do this to me?" when talking to me but I can't get away with "man" talking to a girl?
Girl: "Zomg! But ur not Gawd!" Well yeah, but guess what?; YOUR NOT A MAN!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That, my friend, is pure truth, and one of the things that really annoys me.
"What? Are you calling me man?"
"No, and I'm not gonna even think of apologizing as I've done nothing wrong."
"You're so rude!"
Blahblah, the bottomline is, people are full of crap, male or female, we just have to learn to deal with it over time. :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its like, not even something anyone SHOULD be concerned with.
Its really annoying having to explain it to girls that don't understand that sacred laws of the world. =/
Which are most.

Dude is also viable.
But "dudet" or whatever sorta voids it to some extent.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Next time a girl gets all huffy about it, punch her in the kidneys. That'll show her.

Oracle

Smash Master
Punching her in the ovaries is better.

Or a FALCON PAWNCH
search falcon punch on urban dictionary. Warning: Its not pretty

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I've never had anyone bring it up if I said "man" like that, but it seems a bit weird to say "dude" when talking to a girl.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
when I used to call people "cat" as in "this cat is straight trippin'" this girl would always say "I'm not a cat."

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Girls are crazy, we men will NEVER understand how their minds work.
Dude, you are a cool guy irl, but if you really meant this seriously, I lost a little respect for you there. You sounded like Kip offa Napoleon Dynamite lol.

And yeah, that's annoying, I always say man and girls look at me funny and sometimes say like"I'm a girl oh my gosh-a" and I'll be like "No duh..." Its weird, that's just how I talk...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They should feel complimented.

You feel so comfortable around them, you forget they have one them baby holes, and consider them "one of the boys."

Top Bottom