• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 17: Next contest begins March the 24th; get your Iron MYM'er 1st day sets ready!

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Actually, I think the weirder thing is that his FSmash doesn't create terrain like his other two smashes do. Either all his Smashes should create terrain, or none of them should, I feel.

Edit: @ Reiga Reiga : Actually, Glare seems quite fitting for Serperior, though I agree that it shouldn't be an eye beam. Not a "scary face" sort of glare, but rather a haughty, imperious, almost disdainful expression. A look that gives the image of royalty saying "you have displeased me".
What I meant in that commentary was that the WAY that Glare was executed was fit for Serperior, while the move itself clearly is a nice fit for such a Pokémon.
Though I guess it was kinda weirdly worded out.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Mutant Creeper Preview
My next moveset is going to be the Mutant Creeper (from the Mutant Creatures Mod in Minecraft) and I'd like to give you a quick preview of my ideas for its playstyle and key features before I make the set. It is a boss character that has hardly any balancing from it's origin and if it was in Smash Bros. it would not be allowed in 1v1 tournament matches. I am making this moveset to most closely represent its Minecraft mod form.

So, if you have ever seen the Mutant Creeper in Minecraft before (it's in a mod so you probably haven't) then you would know that it uses it's head for its standard attacks. In the mod, it can only 'peck' you once per second, and if you ever watched somebody playing this character competitively in Smash using its combos you would think that I have completely scrapped this feature, due to the Mutant Creeper being able to attack roughly every 0.4 seconds in this SSB moveset. However if you use a jab, you have to wait 1 second before you can use another jab, but you can use any other move almost immediately afterwards. If you use a Down Tilt, then you cannot use another one for 1 second, but you can use any other move much earlier than that. This means that spamming the Attack button will result in what looks exactly like a Mutant Creeper battling in Minecraft, but if you use a variety of different move after each other, you can perform devastating combos.
The Mutant Creeper has no specific dash, it just has a maximum walk speed that happens when you input a dash. This means it technically has no Dash Attack, and also it can stop moving with no sliding, making a semi-dash dance possible by just moving the control stick back and forth quickly.
All of its aerial moves are pretty much just its grounded moves but in the air. This is because there's no reason to make them any different, since in Minecraft, attacks don't change by being in the air. Its Back Air is basically a turn-around Forward Air, and its Back Throw is basically a turn-around Forward Throw. This character is suited best for being a boss and not a character to be put on a tier list, but if it was on a tier list... SSS Tier it goes!
The Mutant Creeper cannot grab ledges because it has no arms, and using its head to grab it would look terrible. So instead I've allowed it to be able to climb up walls, since it does have 4 legs which are in a position that make it walk like a bug, therefore shouldn't it be able to do that instead of grabbing the ledge?
I dunno, it doesn't climb walls in Minecraft. And its recovery move goes really high.
Well comment whether you think I should put that feature in or not.
He also has no Side Special; inputting a side special will result in a Neutral Special while moving forwards. You might say I'm lazy but this actually has many different uses; see, the Mutant Creeper's Neutral Special is Spawning Minions (that's literally what the attack is called in the Minecraft mod), and this move is extremely useful, you will find out why when I actually start making the set. Anyway, this means that the Mutant Creeper can both B-Reverse the minion spawn, do a turn-around minion spawn, and can keep all of his forwards momentum while using it, since holding forward won't change it at all, except maybe make the Creeper Minions travel further through the air before landing.
I made this preview because I want my first attempt of the set to be the best it can in your opinions. Note I also have a ton of ideas for the Mutant Skeleton and some for the Zombie and Enderman too.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Mutant Creeper Preview
My next moveset is going to be the Mutant Creeper (from the Mutant Creatures Mod in Minecraft) and I'd like to give you a quick preview of my ideas for its playstyle and key features before I make the set. It is a boss character that has hardly any balancing from it's origin and if it was in Smash Bros. it would not be allowed in 1v1 tournament matches. I am making this moveset to most closely represent its Minecraft mod form.

So, if you have ever seen the Mutant Creeper in Minecraft before (it's in a mod so you probably haven't) then you would know that it uses it's head for its standard attacks. In the mod, it can only 'peck' you once per second, and if you ever watched somebody playing this character competitively in Smash using its combos you would think that I have completely scrapped this feature, due to the Mutant Creeper being able to attack roughly every 0.4 seconds in this SSB moveset. However if you use a jab, you have to wait 1 second before you can use another jab, but you can use any other move almost immediately afterwards. If you use a Down Tilt, then you cannot use another one for 1 second, but you can use any other move much earlier than that. This means that spamming the Attack button will result in what looks exactly like a Mutant Creeper battling in Minecraft, but if you use a variety of different move after each other, you can perform devastating combos.
The Mutant Creeper has no specific dash, it just has a maximum walk speed that happens when you input a dash. This means it technically has no Dash Attack, and also it can stop moving with no sliding, making a semi-dash dance possible by just moving the control stick back and forth quickly.
All of its aerial moves are pretty much just its grounded moves but in the air. This is because there's no reason to make them any different, since in Minecraft, attacks don't change by being in the air. Its Back Air is basically a turn-around Forward Air, and its Back Throw is basically a turn-around Forward Throw. This character is suited best for being a boss and not a character to be put on a tier list, but if it was on a tier list... SSS Tier it goes!
The Mutant Creeper cannot grab ledges because it has no arms, and using its head to grab it would look terrible. So instead I've allowed it to be able to climb up walls, since it does have 4 legs which are in a position that make it walk like a bug, therefore shouldn't it be able to do that instead of grabbing the ledge?
I dunno, it doesn't climb walls in Minecraft. And its recovery move goes really high.
Well comment whether you think I should put that feature in or not.
He also has no Side Special; inputting a side special will result in a Neutral Special while moving forwards. You might say I'm lazy but this actually has many different uses; see, the Mutant Creeper's Neutral Special is Spawning Minions (that's literally what the attack is called in the Minecraft mod), and this move is extremely useful, you will find out why when I actually start making the set. Anyway, this means that the Mutant Creeper can both B-Reverse the minion spawn, do a turn-around minion spawn, and can keep all of his forwards momentum while using it, since holding forward won't change it at all, except maybe make the Creeper Minions travel further through the air before landing.
I made this preview because I want my first attempt of the set to be the best it can in your opinions. Note I also have a ton of ideas for the Mutant Skeleton and some for the Zombie and Enderman too.
Interesting concepts, but the lack of inputs sorta kills it. "That's how it is in Minecraft" isn't a valid excuse to just clone the grounded attacks into aerial ones. It's just lazy, and adds nothing to the moveset (in fact, it takes away a lot of potential variety). Mega Man's attacks are generally the same when grounded and in midair in his games, but aside from jab/nair, you don't see him having the same moveset for both. Same goes with having the Neutral and Side Special be identical. They changed that in Melee for a reason. It doesn't matter if the move is "useful" or not; there's no reason at all to put it on two inputs. Luma Shot, Pikmin Pluck and Monado Arts are all important moves for Rosalina & Luma, Olimar, and Shulk respectively, but they fit just fine on Neutral Special. A move being important doesn't mean it needs two inputs all to itself. You can turn around just fine with a Neutral Special; it's called b-reversing. If you really want to be able to turn around with it like you would a Side Special, just put it on only Side Special.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Interesting concepts, but the lack of inputs sorta kills it. "That's how it is in Minecraft" isn't a valid excuse to just clone the grounded attacks into aerial ones. It's just lazy, and adds nothing to the moveset (in fact, it takes away a lot of potential variety). Mega Man's attacks are generally the same when grounded and in midair in his games, but aside from jab/nair, you don't see him having the same moveset for both. Same goes with having the Neutral and Side Special be identical. They changed that in Melee for a reason. It doesn't matter if the move is "useful" or not; there's no reason at all to put it on two inputs. Luma Shot, Pikmin Pluck and Monado Arts are all important moves for Rosalina & Luma, Olimar, and Shulk respectively, but they fit just fine on Neutral Special. A move being important doesn't mean it needs two inputs all to itself. You can turn around just fine with a Neutral Special; it's called b-reversing. If you really want to be able to turn around with it like you would a Side Special, just put it on only Side Special.
Well all of the standard moves are just head attacks, like its Direct Attack found in the Minecraft mod. Side Tilt is the same as his Neutral Attack, but extends his head further, does more damage and knockback, but is slightly slower. Down Tilt is just him 'pecking' downwards towards the ground, and Up Tilt is just an upward peck. However its Smash Attacks are unique and so are its Specials, and the reason for it not having a separate Side Special is that it doesn't need one. This is a BOSS moveset. Like the bosses in the Subspace Emissary. And in the Mutant Creeper's origin it doesn't have enough moves (it only actually has 5) and I just have to make Up, Down, and Side variations of its Direct Attack because it can only work in Smash Bros. this way. I am aware that you probably don't have experience with the Mutant Creatures Mod, and that's fine I'm not asking you to get the mod and make them all fight (like what I did), but still, I'm not sure whether you watched the video or not, since you don't seem to understand that IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MOVES for me to give it unique, varied attacks for Jab, Side Tilt, Up Tilt, Down Tilt, Neutral Air, Forward Air, Back Air, Up Air, and Down Air.
Also, do you think I should make it be able to climb up walls? Its recovery travels 6 SBBs. Do you think that's enough if it cannot grab ledges?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Well all of the standard moves are just head attacks, like its Direct Attack found in the Minecraft mod. Side Tilt is the same as his Neutral Attack, but extends his head further, does more damage and knockback, but is slightly slower. Down Tilt is just him 'pecking' downwards towards the ground, and Up Tilt is just an upward peck. However its Smash Attacks are unique and so are its Specials, and the reason for it not having a separate Side Special is that it doesn't need one. This is a BOSS moveset. Like the bosses in the Subspace Emissary. And in the Mutant Creeper's origin it doesn't have enough moves (it only actually has 5) and I just have to make Up, Down, and Side variations of its Direct Attack because it can only work in Smash Bros. this way. I am aware that you probably don't have experience with the Mutant Creatures Mod, and that's fine I'm not asking you to get the mod and make them all fight (like what I did), but still, I'm not sure whether you watched the video or not, since you don't seem to understand that IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MOVES for me to give it unique, varied attacks for Jab, Side Tilt, Up Tilt, Down Tilt, Neutral Air, Forward Air, Back Air, Up Air, and Down Air.
Also, do you think I should make it be able to climb up walls? Its recovery travels 6 SBBs. Do you think that's enough if it cannot grab ledges?
Nothing stopping you from making new moves that make relative sense for the character based on what limbs it actually has to work with.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
You could just make it, y'know, kick and stuff to make it remotely interesting. Five variations on the same attack will get old fast.

Last I checked, being a "boss" moveset doesn't mean you don't have separate side and neutral specials.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Nothing stopping you from making new moves that make relative sense for the character based on what limbs it actually has to work with.
I'm not making irs Neutral Air a spin where his legs are a hitbox, that would be stupid. I have made up 1 move however, which is his Side Smash which is an explosion that propels it forward, making it a hitbox. But it has 4 legs and a head. I don't know about you but its legs don't fit for attacking, they are merely there to allow him to move.
And it is a boss moveset. There's no point in making different animations for standard moves.
You could just make it, y'know, kick and stuff to make it remotely interesting. Five variations on the same attack will get old fast.

Last I checked, being a "boss" moveset doesn't mean you don't have separate side and neutral specials.
OK I'll make the Side Special different...

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'm not making irs Neutral Air a spin where his legs are a hitbox, that would be stupid. I have made up 1 move however, which is his Side Smash which is an explosion that propels it forward, making it a hitbox. But it has 4 legs and a head. I don't know about you but its legs don't fit for attacking, they are merely there to allow him to move.
And it is a boss moveset. There's no point in making different animations for standard moves.

OK I'll make the Side Special different...
Honestly, he's a Creeper, right? He should be able to explode without hurting himself, or possibly throw pieces of his body that then explode.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
What about his legs makes them impossible to attack with?
The point is to not make it an extremely boring read (which it will be if every move has the same animation).

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm just gonna eavsdrop onto this little discussion, okay?

For the love of Doctor Strangelove, don't do mirrored moves, being a boss set doesn't mean that it can go away scot free with the same move tacked on through the standards, and it having few moves in the source material doesn't mean such moves need to be copy-pasted with specks of differences, I mean, MYM has had many years in it's belt and there are MANY sets for stuff like slice of life anime to freaking Obama and Sakurai, so it's more about your creativity towards the set and how you approach it.
Also, the "legs not fit for fighting, but for walking" argument doesn't really make sense really, that's like saying hands aren't for punching, but for holding things, you gotta fit a moveset with what you have, and not accepting the possiblility of using certain attacks aint helpin'.
Minecraft is a pretty extensive game, and Creepers surely have a lot going for them, especially since they are the game's mascot, I've checked the Minecraft wiki, and the Creepers have some pretty interesting things going for them, especially stuff like them being charged by lightning or dropping gunpowder when killed, which can be interpreted into the moveset for the Mutant Creeper, as after all, wouldnt a big Creeper have the same abillities as a regular Creeper?
Also, go read some old Boss Sets for inspiration, there's a whole template towards them in The Bunker, it will really help you get the jist of making a Boss Set.

Also, hearing Sky does Minecraft really reminds me of the old days when I actually apreciated Minecraft and watched videos about it. Good times (?).

ϟPlazzapϟ

Smash Apprentice
His mechanic of only one move per second is interesting, it gives the player time to plan for thier next attack which whould be a very crucail part of playstyle

that said though he shouldnt be combo based at all, this mechanic pretty much makes it impossible to do combos, which isnt a bad thing at all if you give his moves more interesting properties that allow for setup or interaction with minions. Maybe some attacks could make small explosions that could set off minions, if you stick with jamies brilliant idea of having chunks fly off his body after exploding then give the generic moves ways to interact with the chunks in more diverse ways, like maybe turning them into tnt blocks or terraforming some into the stage to act as a solid brick that cannot be picked up and must be destroyed, hell maybe you could toss them at minions to make them bigger, more interactions with the tools the character gots makes for a better set. Also exploding should have a huge importance in the set as its a creepers main way in killing, it should have some sort of downside like self damage sure but could be used to set off minions for chain reactions, maybe you could also have moves that sets opponents on fire so they also explode when hit with your signiture explosion.

Not gonna lie, stapled airels is an awful idea, whould this spider like creature act as if doesnt give a damn in the air or whould it act diffrently and use other makeshift attacks that could be more useless, giving opponents a goal to keep it in the air. Also nobody whould care to read the airels, whats the point of reading the same thing in diffrent wording.

overall this set has alot of potential and im interested to see the outcome :)

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
His mechanic of only one move per second is interesting, it gives the player time to plan for thier next attack which whould be a very crucail part of playstyle

that said though he shouldnt be combo based at all, this mechanic pretty much makes it impossible to do combos, which isnt a bad thing at all if you give his moves more interesting properties that allow for setup or interaction with minions. Maybe some attacks could make small explosions that could set off minions, if you stick with jamies brilliant idea of having chunks fly off his body after exploding then give the generic moves ways to interact with the chunks in more diverse ways, like maybe turning them into tnt blocks or terraforming some into the stage to act as a solid brick that cannot be picked up and must be destroyed, hell maybe you could toss them at minions to make them bigger, more interactions with the tools the character gots makes for a better set. Also exploding should have a huge importance in the set as its a creepers main way in killing, it should have some sort of downside like self damage sure but could be used to set off minions for chain reactions, maybe you could also have moves that sets opponents on fire so they also explode when hit with your signiture explosion.

Not gonna lie, stapled airels is an awful idea, whould this spider like creature act as if doesnt give a damn in the air or whould it act diffrently and use other makeshift attacks that could be more useless, giving opponents a goal to keep it in the air. Also nobody whould care to read the airels, whats the point of reading the same thing in diffrent wording.

Actually, I have a cool idea for a Forward Aerial for this thing. The mutant creeper leans back in midair and kicks forward with all of its legs simultaneously. What? It's a spider-like creature, it can do that.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"And it is a boss moveset. There's no point in making different animations for standard moves."

I won't say much on the rest of it (Aside from that mirrored inputs are a bad idea, Even if you do have similiar animations, make the moves different, like Marth's FAir/BAir), but a boss moveset has nothing to do with it.

In Smash, bosses all have unique moves. MYM boss sets also almost always have all unique moves (And mirrored moves were looked down on). Bosses =/= mirrored inputs.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Neutral Aerial while we're on the subject: The mutant creeper spins in midair while leaned back slightly, kicking with all of its legs in sequence.

Up Aerial: The mutant creeper's head releases a mighty explosion, hitting about 1 Stage Builder Unit in diameter and propelling the mutant creeper downwards.

Down Aerial: The mutant creeper points its legs downwards. The knee joints explode, causing all of its legs to fire downwards. They in turn explode on impact, or after travelling 1.5 Stage Builder Units downwards. It regenerates its legs almost instantly after firing them off, but if it lands before this it suffers massive landing lag due to landing without any legs.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
While we're on the subject of boss sets, I made a page on the Bunker that lists nearly every boss set ever made (it's under MYM1 sets on the Movesets tab). The only bosses not on the list are Ashens (because he was deleted by his creator), MYM13 Joker (I forgot about him while making the list, might put him on), and all the bosses from a MYM10 "mini" where you made a 3v1 variation for an existing set save for The Flying Dutchman because he is memorable.

There are 50+ boss sets on the list. Most of the pre-MYM15 sets are not good examples of how to do a boss set nowadays (mind control, shutting down a single player, having ridiculous damage output), so I'll recommend the 2 best reads out of the pure 3v1 bosses:

One of the few traditional Stamina bosses ever made in MYM, and the first boss that lets you set his stamina to suit the number of opponents you're up against.

Do you feel like making a boss set yet?

Also, I'll take the time to tell everyone that I have newly-realized administrative power of The Plaza, and can now add new members. The OP has been updated to reflect this.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Reigareview 3 and Knuckles Serperior
I WAS going to comment on 3 sets, but only one of them I actually have something decent to talk about, I mean, the others were Crazy Dave (which much can't be said, as it's just another short-and-simple Kiwi set) and Isaac (which 2 people have already talked about, so no need for me to refrase the same critiques), so I'm only doing Serperior, also because it's by the time I'm posting the only one I've written up, so I guess it's a win-win situation.

Smugleaf
Down to the write up of Serperior, something already urks me, and I guess it can be considered a beginners mistake: the way the moves are displayed aren't really at they're invoking and eye-catching nature, in the moveset template there is the moves input accompanied by the name and then, in the same line, there is the move itself, which to be honest, while an upgrade from Flygon's ugly always yellow font, still makes the experience less enjoyable, for a better idea for how a template could work out, check some vet sets and see how they introduce they're moves, toy around with sizes and even fonts for the reader to really feel wonders when reading the set!
As for the set itself, the Overgrown mechanic while a bit bare bones as said by other users, due to only either being on or off, actually still has some GREAT potencial, as the mechanic delves into Serperior's personality, which could really direct something like the stats, I mean, imagine: before 50%, Serperior slithers around like a snooty b*stard, while after such percentage it surely must be now getting competitive, so wouldn't that affect it's movement and speed? Just a though. On the moves too: maybe for her Grass Pelt, before the 50 mark she will show off and create a grand pillar of grass covered in exquisite flowers, while when things get serious Serperior creates a simpler yet powerful pillar? Use your noggin man! Also, some moves like Giga/Mega Drain restore Serperior's HP, possibly decreasing from the 50% mark, which can actually make for an interesting playstyle for mechanic, might Serperior intencionally debuff itself so that something like the Grass Pelt idea has more range? Seems mighty interesting, so it would be nice for that to be more than just 2 moves.
The moveset also suffers from a good deal of Pokémon Syndrome (a set that has moves that are or work unfitting to the Pokémon itself), for example, it just seems rather out of place for Serperior to have it's tail become made of steel, remember, it learns tht move through TM, so it's not natural for it (Slowpoke can TM learn Fire Blast, but you don't see that thing randomly spitting fire, right?), as said by Smaddey the Gastro Acid move seems unfitting for such an exquisite Pokémon as Serperior. Glare and Giga Drain are also kinda Pokémon Syndrome'd, despite from how it's treated in the anime, Glare is a move where the Pokémon scares the opponent with a mean ol' look, not some red laser beam shot from they're eyes. Giga Drain on something like a Pokémon like Serperior would either involve it's snake nature and bite the opponent, or use it's plant controling powers to use them to absorb the opponent, not some red green laser beam shot from they're eyes mouth.
Well, this makes me feel guilty. I now realize just how much more I could have done with Serperior. Probably the biggest reason I didn't is because I sorta rushed the set to get it done before the iron MYMer ended. I had the idea for Serperior and the overgrow mechanic pretty much right when the contest was announced, and I initially wanted to make Serperior's moves different in more ways than just damage, and I also wanted to add custom specials. However, I never felt motivated to actually make the set, and I figured I just wouldn't bother making it. However, 2 days before the contest ended, I suddenly felt motivated. I wish I could have gotten that motivation earlier, but that is what I could accomplish in 2 days. I plan to edit in more stuff later though, try to capitalize on that potential.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
@ Reiga Reiga : Also I had an idea for Amethyst's DTilt. It's kinda the same base concept as the one she currently has, I think. Note that I've never watched any of the show Amethyst is from, though.

DTilt: Whipcrack
Raising her coiled whip overhead, Amethyst hops 1 stage builder unit into the air and in so doing, lashes the whip directly downwards to strike the ground. The lashing whip is a hitbox dealing 2% battering damage and minor forward knockback with a sound like Peach's slaps when it connects, but the main force of the attack is a translucent purple shockwave radiating forward along the ground from the point of impact. The shockwave covers 1 stage builder unit forward from the tip of the whip in a horizontal two-dimensional cone, so it will only strike foes on or very near the ground. That said, the shockwave deals 5% damage (plus 3 more damage if hitting a shield) and pops foes straight up with moderate base knockback and little knockback growth. The move is quite quick on the whole and what little lag there is is heavily front-loaded, with the attack's endlag being complete by the time Amethyst reaches the apex of her jump. This means that Amethyst is left airborne when the attack completes.

The shockwave is considered an energy projectile and can be absorbed or reflected, though it will not actually be sucked into the absorber or change direction when reflected.

This move is great for both Amethyst's neutral game and her combo game, and is also a useful tool to poke at a shielding foe. It converts grounded combos to aerial combos (of course, it can also be used to start combos) and in the neutral, makes for a great poking tool that leads easily into a ZAir for another quick poke (which in turn leads easily to another DTilt when the ZAir autocancels). And since the shockwave travels flat along the ground and deals additional shield damage, that same poking loop of DTilt and ZAir will quickly lead to a guarding foe being shield-poked and sent upwards along with Amethyst in the same move, allowing her to start an aerial combo.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Honestly, he's a Creeper, right? He should be able to explode without hurting himself, or possibly throw pieces of his body that then explode.
Explosions are found in its Smashes and Specials.
What about his legs makes them impossible to attack with?

The point is to not make it an extremely boring read (which it will be if every move has the same animation).
Whether you can imagine it kicking or not, I can't without it looking completely unfitting and strange when I think of it.
I'm just gonna eavsdrop onto this little discussion, okay?

For the love of Doctor Strangelove, don't do mirrored moves, being a boss set doesn't mean that it can go away scot free with the same move tacked on through the standards, and it having few moves in the source material doesn't mean such moves need to be copy-pasted with specks of differences, I mean, MYM has had many years in it's belt and there are MANY sets for stuff like slice of life anime to freaking Obama and Sakurai, so it's more about your creativity towards the set and how you approach it.
Also, the "legs not fit for fighting, but for walking" argument doesn't really make sense really, that's like saying hands aren't for punching, but for holding things, you gotta fit a moveset with what you have, and not accepting the possiblility of using certain attacks aint helpin'.
Minecraft is a pretty extensive game, and Creepers surely have a lot going for them, especially since they are the game's mascot, I've checked the Minecraft wiki, and the Creepers have some pretty interesting things going for them, especially stuff like them being charged by lightning or dropping gunpowder when killed, which can be interpreted into the moveset for the Mutant Creeper, as after all, wouldnt a big Creeper have the same abillities as a regular Creeper?
Also, go read some old Boss Sets for inspiration, there's a whole template towards them in The Bunker, it will really help you get the jist of making a Boss Set.

Also, hearing Sky does Minecraft really reminds me of the old days when I actually apreciated Minecraft and watched videos about it. Good times (?).
I dare you to play some Minecraft, get the mod, and get the Mutant Creeper to fight another mob. Then maybe you'd see that it would look weird kicking.
I'll just note here that Minecraft is my favourite game beside SSB4 and I have had the Mutant Creatures Mod for AGES and have seen the Mutant Creatures fighting both me AND other mobs, and I assure you that nobody here knows any better about this mob than I do. Sure the mod creator will know even better, but as far as I know he doesn't have anything to do with MYM.
For its Final Smash, the Mutant Creeper starts doing his Down Special, Charge Attack (it's him charging up to regain health, not him charging forwards or anything), but then on the press of one of the attack buttons, lightning comes down and powers it up and makes his explosions all much more powerful, both in damage, knockback, and range, and well as giving his explosive attacks less lag. He is in this form for 10 seconds, which is quite a long time in SSB standards.

The part about him setting off his minions with moves is a great idea. Also, you don't seem to see that the 1 second cooldown mechanic doesn't make him impossible to do combos at all, because he can do a down tilt into an up tilt into a shorthop neutral air into a forward air and then a side tilt into a side special or side smash. There! Combo done. It just means that he can't do another jab after a jab for 1 second after the first jab is completed, and so on, however jab into side tilt is very quick.
'Also nobody whould care to read the airels, whats the point of reading the same thing in diffrent wording.'
The Direct Attack is the Mutant Creeper's standard attack. But because of SSB nature, 5 standard grounded attacks are required (actually 4 with this character, since no dash) and 5 aerials are required, resulting in 10 different attack inputs. In Minecraft, the Mutant Creeper's head targets the person that the Creeper is aggressive towards, and it is always a direct hit, meaning it can even hurt players underneath it or above it. In Smash Bros., all I need to do is adapt this into a moveset by making each directional input use the Direct Attack in the direction of the move, so an Up Air would be the Mutant Creeper 'pecking' at a 55* upwards angle, having a disjointed hitbox that hits directly above him as well as where the head goes. Same thing goes with Down Air. Down Tilt will also hit underneath him to peck opponents underneath a platform he is on, which is not found in an other Down Tilt.
I mean, just look at Little Mac's aerials. Sure they are the worst in the game, but they are still just directional arm thrusts.
Actually, I have a cool idea for a Forward Aerial for this thing. The mutant creeper leans back in midair and kicks forward with all of its legs simultaneously. What? It's a spider-like creature, it can do that.
Yeah, but... I can't visualise that without it looking unfitting of the character. Sure this could be an attack of the Mutant Spider (when the mod developer releases it so I can make an accurate moveset for it), but I just can't see it fitting on the Mutant Creeper. Also, in Minecraft, mobs don't lean or tilt at all, or go sideways or upside down, because the transition between the body movements would look bad in the Minecraft model design physics. Could work with the Animated Player Mod but not in Vanilla Minecraft. In the Mutant Creatures movesets I am going to make, I want them to be as accurate at resembling their Minecraft forms as possible, and I am strongly against the idea of making the Mutant Creeper change position and do all of this weird stuff that doesn't fit on him in my eyes.
Neutral Aerial while we're on the subject: The mutant creeper spins in midair while leaned back slightly, kicking with all of its legs in sequence.

Up Aerial: The mutant creeper's head releases a mighty explosion, hitting about 1 Stage Builder Unit in diameter and propelling the mutant creeper downwards.

Down Aerial: The mutant creeper points its legs downwards. The knee joints explode, causing all of its legs to fire downwards. They in turn explode on impact, or after travelling 1.5 Stage Builder Units downwards. It regenerates its legs almost instantly after firing them off, but if it lands before this it suffers massive landing lag due to landing without any legs.
IMO Mutant Creeper spinning is a bad idea. I think I've said this before actually.
There was never any time where any type of creeper EVER released an explosion FROM IT'S HEAD. And what do you mean exactly by explosion? Its head explodes? Nope. Sorry. Not doing that.
I don't really see anything wrong with you Down Air idea. Just beware that the Mutants are not scaled down, meaning its lower legs would be quite far apart, and him releasing them I don't see as a fitting feature. There's probably a reason why the Mutant Creeper doesn't do this stuff in the mod; because it wouldn't fit. Everyone I've seen on the forum thread for the mod has had no negative criticism about any of the attacks not fitting or being out of place, because the moves fit perfectly.
You may say that 'This is an SBB moveset so it doesn't have to be the same as in Minecraft', but my response is 'In the Mutant Creatures movesets I am going to make, I want them to be as accurate at resembling their Minecraft forms as possible'.
I don't have anything against you guys giving me your honest feedback. I appreciate all of your criticism, but some of it I just don't agree with. I have, however, thought of a unique Side Special, where the Mutant Creeper throws out Unstable Creeper Minions that explode upon contact, however they would not be as powerful as Stable Creeper Minions.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Explosions are found in its Smashes and Specials.

Whether you can imagine it kicking or not, I can't without it looking completely unfitting and strange when I think of it.

I dare you to play some Minecraft, get the mod, and get the Mutant Creeper to fight another mob. Then maybe you'd see that it would look weird kicking.
I'll just note here that Minecraft is my favourite game beside SSB4 and I have had the Mutant Creatures Mod for AGES and have seen the Mutant Creatures fighting both me AND other mobs, and I assure you that nobody here knows any better about this mob than I do. Sure the mod creator will know even better, but as far as I know he doesn't have anything to do with MYM.
For its Final Smash, the Mutant Creeper starts doing his Down Special, Charge Attack (it's him charging up to regain health, not him charging forwards or anything), but then on the press of one of the attack buttons, lightning comes down and powers it up and makes his explosions all much more powerful, both in damage, knockback, and range, and well as giving his explosive attacks less lag. He is in this form for 10 seconds, which is quite a long time in SSB standards.

The part about him setting off his minions with moves is a great idea. Also, you don't seem to see that the 1 second cooldown mechanic doesn't make him impossible to do combos at all, because he can do a down tilt into an up tilt into a shorthop neutral air into a forward air and then a side tilt into a side special or side smash. There! Combo done. It just means that he can't do another jab after a jab for 1 second after the first jab is completed, and so on, however jab into side tilt is very quick.
'Also nobody whould care to read the airels, whats the point of reading the same thing in diffrent wording.'
The Direct Attack is the Mutant Creeper's standard attack. But because of SSB nature, 5 standard grounded attacks are required (actually 4 with this character, since no dash) and 5 aerials are required, resulting in 10 different attack inputs. In Minecraft, the Mutant Creeper's head targets the person that the Creeper is aggressive towards, and it is always a direct hit, meaning it can even hurt players underneath it or above it. In Smash Bros., all I need to do is adapt this into a moveset by making each directional input use the Direct Attack in the direction of the move, so an Up Air would be the Mutant Creeper 'pecking' at a 55* upwards angle, having a disjointed hitbox that hits directly above him as well as where the head goes. Same thing goes with Down Air. Down Tilt will also hit underneath him to peck opponents underneath a platform he is on, which is not found in an other Down Tilt.
I mean, just look at Little Mac's aerials. Sure they are the worst in the game, but they are still just directional arm thrusts.

Yeah, but... I can't visualise that without it looking unfitting of the character. Sure this could be an attack of the Mutant Spider (when the mod developer releases it so I can make an accurate moveset for it), but I just can't see it fitting on the Mutant Creeper. Also, in Minecraft, mobs don't lean or tilt at all, or go sideways or upside down, because the transition between the body movements would look bad in the Minecraft model design physics. Could work with the Animated Player Mod but not in Vanilla Minecraft. In the Mutant Creatures movesets I am going to make, I want them to be as accurate at resembling their Minecraft forms as possible, and I am strongly against the idea of making the Mutant Creeper change position and do all of this weird stuff that doesn't fit on him in my eyes.

IMO Mutant Creeper spinning is a bad idea. I think I've said this before actually.
There was never any time where any type of creeper EVER released an explosion FROM IT'S HEAD. And what do you mean exactly by explosion? Its head explodes? Nope. Sorry. Not doing that.
I don't really see anything wrong with you Down Air idea. Just beware that the Mutants are not scaled down, meaning its lower legs would be quite far apart, and him releasing them I don't see as a fitting feature. There's probably a reason why the Mutant Creeper doesn't do this stuff in the mod; because it wouldn't fit. Everyone I've seen on the forum thread for the mod has had no negative criticism about any of the attacks not fitting or being out of place, because the moves fit perfectly.
You may say that 'This is an SBB moveset so it doesn't have to be the same as in Minecraft', but my response is 'In the Mutant Creatures movesets I am going to make, I want them to be as accurate at resembling their Minecraft forms as possible'.
I don't have anything against you guys giving me your honest feedback. I appreciate all of your criticism, but some of it I just don't agree with. I have, however, thought of a unique Side Special, where the Mutant Creeper throws out Unstable Creeper Minions that explode upon contact, however they would not be as powerful as Stable Creeper Minions.
When I say its head releases an explosion, I mean its head blows up in the way normal creepers' entire bodies blow up… except that its head isn't damaged at all by the blast.

Also, when I think creepers, I don't think combos. I think explosions. Standard video game bosses tend to have big, hard-hitting attacks with big hitboxes but obvious tells as to what attack they're going to use, as well as exploitable blind spots on the aforementioned big hitboxes. A creeper, even mutant, would seem like a good example of that.

For a Dash Attack, for example? The mutant creeper braces, then suddenly leaps forwards like 3 stage builder units (damaging and burying anyone it lands on), flashes white for a moment, and then its entire body simply explodes in a massive blast that covers about 1 stage builder unit around the mutant creeper in all directions. Despite having just exploded, the mutant creeper is merely blackened with soot for a moment, which goes away to signal the completion of the attack's endlag. Another idea for a Neutral Aerial? The mutant creeper's fall slows for a moment as it flashes white, and then its whole body releases an explosion similar to that of the Dash Attack.

Forward Smash? The mutant creeper rears back on its hind legs, pointing the front ones forward. The tips of its front legs then flash white, and as the mutant creeper starts to fall forward again the flashing tips blow up in a cluster of explosions that covers progressively farther in front of the mutant creeper as it continues. The recoil from the blast causes the mutant creeper to rear back again, giving it time to regenerate its legs before it lands back on all fours. Blind spot? Stand right up against the mutant creeper and the explosions go off behind you and miss completely, leaving it wide open to attack.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
When I say its head releases an explosion, I mean its head blows up in the way normal creepers' entire bodies blow up… except that its head isn't damaged at all by the blast.

Also, when I think creepers, I don't think combos. I think explosions. Standard video game bosses tend to have big, hard-hitting attacks with big hitboxes but obvious tells as to what attack they're going to use, as well as exploitable blind spots on the aforementioned big hitboxes. A creeper, even mutant, would seem like a good example of that.

For a Dash Attack, for example? The mutant creeper braces, then suddenly leaps forwards like 3 stage builder units (damaging and burying anyone it lands on), flashes white for a moment, and then its entire body simply explodes in a massive blast that covers about 1 stage builder unit around the mutant creeper in all directions. Despite having just exploded, the mutant creeper is merely blackened with soot for a moment, which goes away to signal the completion of the attack's endlag. Another idea for a Neutral Aerial? The mutant creeper's fall slows for a moment as it flashes white, and then its whole body releases an explosion similar to that of the Dash Attack.

Forward Smash? The mutant creeper rears back on its hind legs, pointing the front ones forward. The tips of its front legs then flash white, and as the mutant creeper starts to fall forward again the flashing tips blow up in a cluster of explosions that covers progressively farther in front of the mutant creeper as it continues. The recoil from the blast causes the mutant creeper to rear back again, giving it time to regenerate its legs before it lands back on all fours. Blind spot? Stand right up against the mutant creeper and the explosions go off behind you and miss completely, leaving it wide open to attack.
There's one problem with this comment and that is the fact that I already have a unique F-Smash.
The Mutant Creeper starts charging up with a white effect (like it does when it is killed in Minecraft), then creates a big explosion, propelling itself forwards about 3.5 SBBs, and itself acting as a hitbox that deals high knockback and damage. The explosion deals 24% at full charge, and deals high knockback, however they will also be hit by the Mutant Creeper as he flies forwards, dealing 11% more damage and about the same amount of knockback as the explosion. The whole attack deals 35% at full charge and KOs Mario at 47% when in the middle of Final Destination (of course, the final blow would not be inflicted upon Mario in the middle of the stage since the explosion would knock him forwards first). The explosion alone would kill him at 71%, same with the catapulted Mutant Creeper.

Oh and guys,
I believe that you should all watch this video below to see what the Mutant Creeper looks like in battle:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
DTilt: Whipcrack
Raising her coiled whip overhead, Amethyst hops 1 stage builder unit into the air and in so doing, lashes the whip directly downwards to strike the ground. The lashing whip is a hitbox dealing 2% battering damage and minor forward knockback with a sound like Peach's slaps when it connects, but the main force of the attack is a translucent purple shockwave radiating forward along the ground from the point of impact. The shockwave covers 1 stage builder unit forward from the tip of the whip in a horizontal two-dimensional cone, so it will only strike foes on or very near the ground. That said, the shockwave deals 5% damage (plus 3 more damage if hitting a shield) and pops foes straight up with moderate base knockback and little knockback growth. The move is quite quick on the whole and what little lag there is is heavily front-loaded, with the attack's endlag being complete by the time Amethyst reaches the apex of her jump. This means that Amethyst is left airborne when the attack completes.

The shockwave is considered an energy projectile and can be absorbed or reflected, though it will not actually be sucked into the absorber or change direction when reflected.

This move is great for both Amethyst's neutral game and her combo game, and is also a useful tool to poke at a shielding foe. It converts grounded combos to aerial combos (of course, it can also be used to start combos) and in the neutral, makes for a great poking tool that leads easily into a ZAir for another quick poke (which in turn leads easily to another DTilt when the ZAir autocancels). And since the shockwave travels flat along the ground and deals additional shield damage, that same poking loop of DTilt and ZAir will quickly lead to a guarding foe being shield-poked and sent upwards along with Amethyst in the same move, allowing her to start an aerial combo.
Um, thanks? I'm not really gonna copy word-by-word, but next edit for Amethyst I might consider it as basis.
Also, my next set i in production! Yay! I have a really good grasp on how all of her attacks work and operarate, so I hope ou guys'll like it when it comes out!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hello everybody; I'm back with something a little different!
I'm away from home, so I cannot access my moveset documents for the main characters I was working on.
In the mean time, I've decided to do a quick little set. For a while I've had these neat, gimmicky ideas surrounding a game series I love - so this will just be a quick little specials-only set to satiate my moveset cravings!
I don't know if specials-only movesets are against the rules, so I apologize if it is - nonetheless I hope you enjoy these ideas! I promise I have full sets on the way!

So, let's begin, shall we?

MARIO AND LUIGI

What is this? "Aren't Mario and Luigi already in Smash?", you may ask.
Yes, but this is different: this is Mario and Luigi as a tag-team, as seen in the Mario & Luigi series!

OVERVIEW
First, I'll establish how Mario & Luigi work as a tag-team fighter. It's simple really: Mario leads, and Luigi follows. (at least, for the time being...)
Now, they are slightly different than Ice Climbers, namely in the sense that Luigi does not have his own AI in this state (and yes, there is another 'state' which I will get into in a bit).
Luigi follows close behind Mario, and mimics his every move. All of the attacks are mimiced; even the jumps are in perfect synch. Luigi never lags behind Mario - it's almost as if he is an 'extension' of Mario, in a sense.
Simply put, Luigi is not separate from Mario in any way - he cannot even be KO'd independently like Nana can. Both bros, when KO'd, die together (it's almost poetic, in a way!)

But wait, I need to mention an important detail - Mario is not always the leader. No, the bros can in fact switch at will!

SPECIAL MOVES
This brings me to the special moves, starting with the crux of the moveset: the down special.

Down Special - Bro Command

With a slight tap of the input, the two brothers will switch places! This does not affect them stat-wise, nor does it alter the properties of their tag-teaming nature. But it does play off of the other specials in some very interesting ways, which I will delve into later on.
Switching is exactly as it seems; Luigi becomes the leader, and Mario becomes the mimicing bro in the rear. This move is quick and easy; swapping lasts about half a second, so it isn't very laggy. It can be done any number of times throughout the battle. Note; the bros can still be hit during the switching frames, so don't expect any Pokemon Trainer-esque hijinks!

Is that all? Of course not! If the input is held, the leading bro will issue a secondary command - telling the other to remain stationary. This is the second state to which I referred earlier - the bros are now disconnected.
So essentially, if Mario were in the lead, Luigi would be the one who remains behind. From here, Mario can freely move away from Luigi; he is controlled normally.
Luigi, on the other hand, still mimics Mario's movements to some degree, but does not follow behind. He will perform all normal attacks in synch with Mario, and will even jump when he jumps - but only vertically. Yes, in this state, Luigi cannot move horizontally. He won't walk or run, even if Mario is. Naturally, this can allow for a lot of interesting set-ups and combos. For example, Mario could throw an opponent to Luigi, would could finish them off with a charged-up smash attack. Or, the two bros can skillfully juggle the opponent in the air. The possibilities are limitless!
If the stationary bro is physically hit by the opponent, he will run back to the leader and rejoin with him. Similarly, this rejoining can be triggered by the leader by simply walking past his stationary brother. If the leader is KO'd, the stationary bro will be KO'd along with him, and the two will be rejoined when they respawn.
When the bros are separate, naturally, the switching leaders mechanic does not function.

Note: The following specials are different depending on which bro is in the lead.

Mario's Neutral Special - Fireball Bros.

This move functions almost the same as regular Smash Mario's Fireball move - with the tap of a button, he'll shoot a fireball, dealing 5% damage with hitsun. Behaviour/physics-wise. it resembles Mario's Fireballs exactly: it bounces, affected by gravity, a couple stage-builder-blocks ahead.
The difference is this: the bros switch who is shooting after every three fireballs (ie; Mario would shoot three, then Luigi would shoot three, then Mario would sheet three, and so on).

This makes very little difference when the bros are together - it would still appear as if it is one continuous batch of fireballs, since they are so near to each other. But when separate, it not only increases the area of coverge, but it can allow for some very interesting maneouvres.
For example, let's say Mario has positioned Luigi on a plaform above him. Mario could toss a few fireballs at the opponent on the ground, grab them, let out a slew of pummels, and then toss them upward, where they will be greeted with a faceful of Luigi's fireballs!

Luigi's Neutral Special - Shell Bros.

Luigi kicks a green shell forward. It travels quite fast, around the speed of Sonic's dash. It deals 9% to any opponent it hits, and knocks them in a slight upward arc. It can pass through multiple opponents, and will bounce off of walls.
It bounces a total of three times before shattering. It will also be shattered if it remains on stage for over 8 seconds. 2 seconds after it shatters, Luigi can kick out a new shell. Pressing the input whilst a shell is already active will cause Luigi to kick again. This allows him to kick a shell if it has rebounded off of a wall.
In terms of KO-potential, it really is quite weak, and can only kill at around 200%. This move is best utilized for the accumulation of damage.

So, as you would expect, this move's use is expanded when the bros are separated.
Without somebody to kick it back to him, Luigi's shell will most likely go tumbling off of the stage. But with Mario positioned elsewhere on the stage, he can kick it back. Similar to Luigi, if the Neutral Special input is pressed again, Mario will kick out his boot.
Thus, the bros can actually kick the shell back and forth, like some crazy game of weaponized tennis!

Mario's Side Special - Firebrand

When the input is pressed, Mario holds his left arm outstretched, palm facing forward. His raises his right arm, and gestures downward, charging up his energy. This charging animation lasts 5 seconds in total, and results in Mario's hands being shrouded in flames. Luigi, when following in the back, does nothing for this move.
Pressing the input again causes Mario to unleash his charge in the form of a powerful blast of fire, covering about the size of regular Mario's forward smash. This deals 28% damage, and can KO as low as 90%. However, it does come with its drawbacks:
Not only is the charging time quite lengthy, but the range is quite a weak point. This attack requires the opponent to be at a very close range for it to hit (closer range than is required for Falcon Punch, for reference).

Here's what is unique about this move: the charge can be stored, even when the bros switch! What this means is that, if Mario charges up a firebrand, then the two bros switch using the Down Special, he can unleash this attack whilst behind Luigi.
What does this do? It sets Luigi's buttocks alight, of course! This sends Luigi into a full-blown panic, and he comically runs forward at the speed of Captain Falcon's dash, with Mario hanging onto his shoulders for dear life.
He will slam into any opponent in his way, dealing 20% firey damage, and sending them flying at a 45 degree angle. This can KO from 120-100%. After 4-5 seconds of running, Luigi's overalls become extinguished, leaving him only slightly singed. Luigi, clearly scarred by this incident (as anyone would be!), requires 2 seconds of endlag to recover.

Luigi's Side Special - Thunderhand

When the input is pressed, Luigi holds his left arm outstretched, with his palm facing forward. His lowers his right arm, then gestures into an upward point, charging up his inner energy. This animation, like Mario's, lasts 5 seconds in total, and results in his hands being shrouded in electricity. Once again, when following in the back, Mario does nothing for this move.
Pressing the input again causes Luigi to unleash his a burst of green thunder, covering a similar radius to Mario's firey equivalent. This deals 27% damage, has notable hitstun, and can KO from 100-90%. The range is just as poor as Firebrand.

As you may have guessed, this too can interact with Mario in a unique and fun way. If the charge is stored and the two bros switch, Luigi can electrocute Mario from behind! (maybe this is revenge for when he lit him on fire!)
This instantly paralyzes Mario, leaving him completely stiff and twitching in a cartoonish manner. Mario is now a temporary meatshield for Luigi to use! Luigi can move around freely, and Mario's solidified form will always be in the lead.
The stiffened Mario behaves almost like superarmour, shrugging off most attacks. So long as Luigi is hit from the front, Mario will bear the brunt of enemy attacks. After 15 seconds pass, or if Mario is hit with a sufficiently powerful attack (like a fully-charged smash attack), Mario will become un-paralyzed and will resume his position as leader.

Mario's Up Special - High Jump

Luigi leaps onto Mario's head, pushing down hard with his boots. The force of both bouncy bros combined causes the pair to spring high into the air, about the hight of Lucario's recovery!
In a similar manner to regular Mario's recovery, this deals damage on the way up, about 14% in total. This can KO from 150%-120%. After they reach the peak of the jump, the bros enter helpless state.

When Mario and Luigi are separated, this recovery suffers in terms of height. Without Luigi to jump on his head, Mario will simply perform a jump on his own, dealing the same amount of damage, but achieving less vertical distance (around the same as Dr. Mario). If Mario fails to recover, and falls to his demise, Luigi will respawn with Mario.

Luigi's Up Special - Spin Jump

Mario leaps onto Luigi's head, forming a tower of two bros. Mario and Luigi begin to twirl around, forming something of a cyclone. The two rise upward as they spin, gaining a recovery height similar to that of Fox. It can be controlled horizontally - quite well, as a matter a fact - while Mario's High Jump has excellent vertical coverage, the spin jump excels in terms of horizontal movement.
In a manner comparable to Meta Knight's Mach Tornado, this 'bronado' hits multiple times. 7 times total, in fact, dealing 2% for each (14% in all). When they finish spinning, the brothers enter helpless state.

When separated from Mario, this move will not work to its fullest potential, as did Mario's. Without Mario, Luigi will spin on his lonesome, gaining only around 5-6 hits and the recovery height of regular Luigi.

FINAL SMASH - Luiginary Works

Luigi lays on the ground and falls asleep. Mario throws a blanket over him and tucks him in. Suddenly, a cartoonish thought bubble appears from Luigi's head - he's dreaming! From this bubble, a multitude of dreamy Luigis emerge, known as "Luiginoids". They all leap high into the sky, off-screen. Mario looks into the air, smiling, as a massive pile of Luiginoids all stomp onto the stage at once!
They cover a radius similar to that of the Snorlax pokeball. This deals 45% damage to any player unfortunate enough to get caught underneath, and will leave them almost certainly KO'd.
After this, the Luiginoids leap back into Luigi's head. Luigi wakes up and rejoins Mario.

Again, I know it's not a full moveset - this was meant to be a light, fun set to post in the meantime before I can get down to business on my longer ones.
That aside, I'd still love to hear critiques! I may expand upon this one some day, after all.
Thanks for reading!

(Side note: I think this is my first MYM set for actual video game characters...)

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I was actually working on a Mario & Luigi set for a while, but I scrapped it since I couldn't think of anything past the specials. I guess that's one way to solve that problem! :p

(For the record, I actually like your version better than the one I was thinking of. :p Well done man.)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I was actually working on a Mario & Luigi set for a while, but I scrapped it since I couldn't think of anything past the specials. I guess that's one way to solve that problem! :p

(For the record, I actually like your version better than the one I was thinking of. :p Well done man.)
Thanks a lot my friend!

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
I want to inform people that I am going on a break from Skype now, and I will likely not be back for a while. I've been finding it very difficult to keep my head in the right place talking to people and I think I need this time to detox. I will probably not be back for a couple weeks. If there is any important leadership business or something you really need to tell me, please go ahead and PM me here, but otherwise I would prefer it if you would not contact me during this time. I plan on using it to do setwork, which ironically I think Skype has if anything prevented me from doing, as well as catching up on areas of my life I've been falling horribly behind on. I'm not sure when I'll be back, probably 2-3 weeks from now.

I wouldn't just waste a post on dumb social announcements, so here are some comments that I've been holding back on for a while, and I'll get the one I've been really wanting not to do for some time.

Sceptile
So I cannot say I enjoyed this set at all, for a very very large number of reasons, but on a fundamental level I doubt you'll be receptive to any of them, which is why I don't want to comment it. Honestly its a ridiculously dull read, I get that you're trying to explain why these moves would be interesting in a Project M competitive context, but for a lot of people it will just go over their heads, and honestly, I don't think he brings anything to the table that someone like Wolf really doesn't. Why? Well, the core mechanic of the set is his three plant growths, one on Down Special, one on Up Smash, and one on Down Smash. I honestly thought when the mechanic was first introduced it'd be used entirely across the Smashes, but the Forward Smash made no use of it and was instead a very standard melee strike, honestly feeling kind of out of place. At least by comparison, Snake's FSmash had a satisfying and powerful feeling animation, here its just Sceptile using the same leaf blade he does at a million other points in the set.

To address the plant growths, I don't feel they're very good. The Up Smash one is fine as not many characters have a means to launch into the air during attacks which might make for some decent combo potential, but the other 2 are far worse. The grass knot is horribly watered down compared to Diddy Kong's bananas, probably to balance it but the scenarios you describe around it are terribly uninteresting and I doubt a single, static trap taking up a small portion of the stage which gives a frame advantage is really as worth spending 4 paragraphs on as you think it is. The Down Smash one baffles me the most though, of all the things you could've done with a last plant growth, you create one that provides the option to have forward movement on moves, which is far more common than the upwards option created by Up Smash and you could really just replicate by using Wolf's FSmash and FTilt in most cases. I also see no aesthetic sense to it, why does an undergrowth cause Sceptile to move forward with every strike, there's no rhyme or reason why that happens other than to keep a movement theme(which honestly isn't very interesting) with Up Smash. You introduce some combined traps too, but honestly they're mostly just there to make the Down Special feel a little more interesting(and to be fair they succeed at making it in any competitive context an interesting move, rather than the very shallow one the base state is), I've never been a fan of the kind of guessing game introduced in the Down Smash/Up Smash combination.

I can't say this set is good from a gameplay standpoint either, and here's why. Smashes fundamentally have to be usable as attacks, and sometimes, Sceptile's just going to have to launch them as they're optimal in combat at that moment, making the spacing of the traps much less optimal. Yes I know, Snake does that too, but Snake's traps are meant to be a lot more disposable and function as a hitbox rather than a strange movement buffing area, the control of the positioning of these is more important. Its not because of what Junahu said of Snake being a successful accident, which I think is wrong as Snake's moveset is one of the best designed in Smash barring weird Up Tilt/FTilt hitboxes, but rather that it doesn't work as well with this kind of trap. Aside from that, three of the aerials are the same move. Same frame data, same damage, just different angles, which makes Sceptile's air game a lot more predictable when three of his moves come out on the exact same frames, so you know which frames to be wary of. Its also really boring from an animation standpoint, especially when you reuse it on a throw and then throw in a Side Throw of all things rather than making a little variety between Forward and Back Throw.

It sounds like I'm nitpicking, but this set bored me half to death to read, and honestly, it sounds like the kind of set that would be pretty boring to have included, it lacks the kind of satisfying power and excitement to its moves a lot of Smash sets have and I think it'd feel a lot like some of the worst sets in Smash like Pit do, dull and lifeless and feeling like you're whacking people with cardboard sheets.

Polpo

I can't say I didn't have fun reading this set, as this is a character I quite enjoy in his own series and the set plays up the comedic aspects of him a lot. It makes some good use of both the joke-ish fat man controlling the stand and the rather serious and interesting stand itself, and the food moves you come up with are for the most part, pretty clever and give a good amount of depth to Black Sabbath's shadow manipulation. I still think it has some pretty obvious problems though, mostly in the aerials(big surprise, aerials for a giant fat man whose stand can only function on the ground are a bit flawed). I don't think the Back Aerial is that bad, but the Neutral Aerial is frankly completely ridiculous, pepper shakers feel out of place compared to the other moves in the set and the effect is incredibly tacky and specific. There was also the belly bounce that randomly allows Black Sabbath to friendly fire on him on that move and only that move? What kind of ridiculous magic is going on here? Also it does bring back some memories of sets I made in the past that were oriented around protecting a giant immobile character with a smaller one, and I doubt the set is quite as viable as it wants to be or broken. That said, you do at least give Polpo enough good tools to protect himself and fight relatively well while not making Black Sabbath overpowered in any form, so I imagine its not nearly as bad as some other examples of this genre. The set's definently no Blocks, but its kinda fun for what it is.

Abomasnow

If I had to make an immediate complaint as we start, its that Down Smash is a pretty terrible move on that input, having absolutely no hitbox on a smash attack. I do think Down Smash is probably the best possible move to do something like that on that's not a Special, but it still strikes me as a bit misguided. That said, its probably my main complaint with the set, as you managed to get some good mileage out of what I was a little worried would be a pretty unfun snow mechanic at first, as its more used to preserve icy structures and projectiles and not strong enough to ruin the foe's enjoyment of the match while still aiding Abomasnow in landing some of his moves. I also like a lot of the small connections between the winds, the various ice structures, and the snow mechanic, it feels pretty well thought out even if its not much in the way of innovative material. I feel at points the move's are a tiny bit underelaborate as well, I'd like some clarity that Up Aerial is not as strong as it sounds like it could be(if you can casually just hit the foe with all those projectiles at once, yikes). Still, good solid set that shows you have a very strong grasp on how to make an interesting playstyle, even within a short timespan.

Hanasakaji
I have no idea how you managed to memorize this name, but the set is actually kind of decent, with the petal manipulation clouds feeling more interesting than the simple fish launching you did in Pompy, and the set having a remotely strong goal of trying to build up petals via the tree for a big wind full of petals to KO. Its simple, but its still decent at what it tries to accomplish, and blatantly your best. There are a few problems though, I wish there was more of a hint as to what the petal clouds do in terms of animation. As is they just seem to do stuff to the petals at pretty much random and it might get confusing if you have one lingering on the screen, space out a little, and it launches your petals somewhere you don't want them. Its a small thing, but it'd make the set more beginner friendly. I also feel the mind control move is... well, I think you executed that part of his character about as tastefully as you could. Still I can't fully accept it as my mind simply can't accept the absurdity of Ganondorf doing that, let alone someone like Elesh Norn or Nero Chaos if we look at MYM sets. I'm surprised you didn't make it a straight up stun after the horrors of the Mad Mike pizza, so good on you for exceeding my expectations.

Tri-Force Heroes
You know what Muno, I'm very impressed with you because you actually took my advice from Plusle and Minun into account. You put serious effort into making a multi character set actually get a lot of mileage out of having multiple characters, by having them able to be disjointed and used as pseudo-minions to create a potentially very complex projectile game, with combining the projectiles together, redirecting them in all manner of ways, and giving them different properties like the ice effects, which admittedly could be better but having simple changes like that available to all the arrows and stuff flying around is fun enough for me to enjoy. I did find Plazzap's complaints actually held a good amount of merit for the most part, I hated the fairy mechanic and I kind of worry it could be exploited for stalling aside from trivializing the value of each Link's life and the ice effects are kind of boring and could easily have been made into more compelling ones like making breakable ice or armor or something(the fire + ice effect is particularly disappointing when their edgeguarding is already so insanely strong).

The actual big complaint I have with this set though is the grab game. One set of throws for all the Links together, that'd be understandable. As is, what you have is effectively no grab game, which is a total cop out and means there would only be too results of a grab, the strike that does the most damage and the strike that does the most knockback, those are always what you'd use with absolutely no variety to it. Its also kind of broken when you imagine the amount of power red can dish out to an opponent while stunned with his various KO hitboxes, as a grab in this style basically means you can get off any move in your entire set instantly. God forbid you consider some kind of gimping set up beforehand, at which point they could probably just die around 20% from any of THREE different grabs. The grab game needs a massive rework, opponents should not be able to be attacked during it and they should have a full set of throws(at minimum, if you want to do three sets of throws that's awesome but it might descend into filler looking at Inkling's throws).

The grab game prevents me from outright liking the set, which I earnestly want too as a lot of the stuff introduced early on is actually quite good. That said, this is still easily your best Muno and I can appreciate the incredible amount of effort that went into this(thirteen thousand words, seriously guys you should read this its longer than almost anything I've made and a surprising amount of that is actually worthwhile material).

Raiko
I'm pleasantly surprised by this for a first set, because surprisingly, it actually does attempt to flow and has any measure of success. The specials aside from Up Special create some drums that all do little things for her projectile and spacing game on their own, while being pretty unique from each other though the last one is admittedly a bit disappointing in terms of effect. Then you actually bother to play off them at all, by adding a bunch of other projectiles that can be thrown into her bullet hell and some surprisingly decent interactions on Forward and Up Smash that would make her more fun to play. Its an interesting start, but its bogged down by the fact that there is a decent share of moves that just fill space and do nothing to contribute to the decent drum'/bullet hell game you've created, and a few of the interactions that are there are kind of bad. I'm not a fan of creating drums on a throw, it feels very redundant with the Specials and not really much like a throw at all. Still, I don't have a ton of complaints aside from just "there's a lot of filler", which is nice for a first set, I don't usually see those attempt much of any flow at all and this set has a decent amount of it.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Tri-Force Heroes
You know what Muno, I'm very impressed with you because you actually took my advice from Plusle and Minun into account. You put serious effort into making a multi character set actually get a lot of mileage out of having multiple characters, by having them able to be disjointed and used as pseudo-minions to create a potentially very complex projectile game, with combining the projectiles together, redirecting them in all manner of ways, and giving them different properties like the ice effects, which admittedly could be better but having simple changes like that available to all the arrows and stuff flying around is fun enough for me to enjoy. I did find Plazzap's complaints actually held a good amount of merit for the most part, I hated the fairy mechanic and I kind of worry it could be exploited for stalling aside from trivializing the value of each Link's life and the ice effects are kind of boring and could easily have been made into more compelling ones like making breakable ice or armor or something(the fire + ice effect is particularly disappointing when their edgeguarding is already so insanely strong).

The actual big complaint I have with this set though is the grab game. One set of throws for all the Links together, that'd be understandable. As is, what you have is effectively no grab game, which is a total cop out and means there would only be too results of a grab, the strike that does the most damage and the strike that does the most knockback, those are always what you'd use with absolutely no variety to it. Its also kind of broken when you imagine the amount of power red can dish out to an opponent while stunned with his various KO hitboxes, as a grab in this style basically means you can get off any move in your entire set instantly. God forbid you consider some kind of gimping set up beforehand, at which point they could probably just die around 20% from any of THREE different grabs. The grab game needs a massive rework, opponents should not be able to be attacked during it and they should have a full set of throws(at minimum, if you want to do three sets of throws that's awesome but it might descend into filler looking at Inkling's throws).

The grab game prevents me from outright liking the set, which I earnestly want too as a lot of the stuff introduced early on is actually quite good. That said, this is still easily your best Muno and I can appreciate the incredible amount of effort that went into this(thirteen thousand words, seriously guys you should read this its longer than almost anything I've made and a surprising amount of that is actually worthwhile material).
Thanks! :) Funnily enough, I've actually addressed most of the complaints you've made here. The fairy mechanic has been removed, the ice effect has been reworked entirely, and the Links now have a grab game. I can see what you're saying about the grabs, though. Perhaps I could make it so that doing this (swapping out and attacking during a grab) will also damage/knock back the Link holding the opponent, making it sort of a last resort, and having the throws be rather slow to encourage you to swap out of them to get follow-ups.

EDIT: I did the thing I said. :)

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Aside from that, three of the aerials are the same move. Same frame data, same damage, just different angles, which makes Sceptile's air game a lot more predictable when three of his moves come out on the exact same frames, so you know which frames to be wary of.
You do realize that if 3 options have identical timing, but with different spacing/angles it makes for a much more dynamic offense/defense guessing game right? When popped into the air, you would need to be super wary of which option Sceptile chooses since they all overlap (sans Bair sorta). Fair hits above him first and sends forward, Uair hits above him later on and sends at a much more vertical angle. Assuming one and DIing for it, only to be hit by the other offers a dynamic between opponent and player that while subtle, will show up very often in actual gameplay.

Honestly though, **** like this makes me question why I even do this anymore. I make sets that'd be practical to play as and it gets torn up about how it'd be boring or misunderstood when in actual gameplay a character like Marth that is 99.99% all arcing sword swipes and a simple tipper mechanic is incredibly dynamic and fun to play both as and against. If somebody were to make a marth in this thread, they'd be greeted with "theres no interesting interactions into the super waifu meter that makes up their grab KO mechanic, lame". Instead, when offered practical moves with simple descriptions yet detailed usage, you toss out "oh, this is all competitive mumbo jumbo" as some sort of buzzword to dismiss it as if it has no place in the land of special-normals and flowchart interactions. I often look over a set for days wondering how it'd actually play in-game, I've studied how the smash engine works, the numbers behind it, how character's kits come together, and probably have more knowledge of the game than anybody else in MYM, yet you come in and complain about "you can watch out for the frames to be wary of". What? No, you would be looking for the spacing, the area the move covers and not necessarily when. You know when both will hit, you don't know the where however due to the differing animations, sure it may be "boring", but in practice it leads to more thought between the two players than forced interactions ever do.

I never once specified this set was for Project M. Do you see mention of Lcancel, or Wavedash ratings, Dash dancing, etc? Do you really think mention of "oh, this move sends at a good combo angle or can KO with proper play" will really go over people's heads? MYMers are making whole movesets for smash games, I am fairly sure concepts like how to space a move (sweetspots, disjoints, etc) are gonna be in their minds as well as how the game generally "works". Sorry my style isn't your cup of tea but I suppose it just goes over your head.

@ Creeper discussion:
If Sakurai can make a racecar driver who was NEVER outside his car before Smash64 do moves, I am sure you can work with a mutant creeper! Take queues from it's body type. It has legs, a big head/neck, so sure while it may not kick in the source game, who's to say it cant put them to work in Smash? Etc. Use some imagination for how you'd think it'd move with more freedom to animate/kick butt :)

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
You do realize that if 3 options have identical timing, but with different spacing/angles it makes for a much more dynamic offense/defense guessing game right? When popped into the air, you would need to be super wary of which option Sceptile chooses since they all overlap (sans Bair sorta). Fair hits above him first and sends forward, Uair hits above him later on and sends at a much more vertical angle. Assuming one and DIing for it, only to be hit by the other offers a dynamic between opponent and player that while subtle, will show up very often in actual gameplay.

Honestly though, **** like this makes me question why I even do this anymore. I make sets that'd be practical to play as and it gets torn up about how it'd be boring or misunderstood when in actual gameplay a character like Marth that is 99.99% all arcing sword swipes and a simple tipper mechanic is incredibly dynamic and fun to play both as and against. If somebody were to make a marth in this thread, they'd be greeted with "theres no interesting interactions into the super waifu meter that makes up their grab KO mechanic, lame". Instead, when offered practical moves with simple descriptions yet detailed usage, you toss out "oh, this is all competitive mumbo jumbo" as some sort of buzzword to dismiss it as if it has no place in the land of special-normals and flowchart interactions. I often look over a set for days wondering how it'd actually play in-game, I've studied how the smash engine works, the numbers behind it, how character's kits come together, and probably have more knowledge of the game than anybody else in MYM, yet you come in and complain about "you can watch out for the frames to be wary of". What? No, you would be looking for the spacing, the area the move covers and not necessarily when. You know when both will hit, you don't know the where however due to the differing animations, sure it may be "boring", but in practice it leads to more thought between the two players than forced interactions ever do.

I never once specified this set was for Project M. Do you see mention of Lcancel, or Wavedash ratings, Dash dancing, etc? Do you really think mention of "oh, this move sends at a good combo angle or can KO with proper play" will really go over people's heads? MYMers are making whole movesets for smash games, I am fairly sure concepts like how to space a move (sweetspots, disjoints, etc) are gonna be in their minds as well as how the game generally "works". Sorry my style isn't your cup of tea but I suppose it just goes over your head.
Finally someone who understands that not every move has to be completely different from each other. I don't know how you'll like my Mutant Creeper moveset I am working on but it seems like if you give me feedback on in when it comes out, there won't be any of the criticism like 'these are too generic, you're lazy' in it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
A move is only generic/lazy if there was no effort put into why it is like that way. For example, Sceptile's side throws are literally the same throw with only direction being the difference.

However, how they mesh into his moveset as a whole makes them interesting when combined with say, his ability to simply chase them after the throw with speed, space himself in front of/behind a trap to toss them into, use the low angle to toss them from an edge and follow with his aerials when close to the ledge, and so on. In that aspect, it becomes more interactive using the sameness as an asset as it opens more doors for what comes from the throw rather than the throw itself.

Other examples can be found with characters already in smash. Look at Luigi for example, his Nair is a "generic sex kick", but when combined with his physics and how hard and fast the initial hit is it becomes an amazing defensive cornerstone as it allows him to eek out of pressure more easily than other characters, or make amazing pressure on his own. If it were wrriten just as "he sticks his leg out and boops you", then sure it would be lazy and generic. But with the proper context surrounding why a move is like that it can become interesting as a part of the whole.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
A move is only generic/lazy if there was no effort put into why it is like that way. For example, Sceptile's side throws are literally the same throw with only direction being the difference.

However, how they mesh into his moveset as a whole makes them interesting when combined with say, his ability to simply chase them after the throw with speed, space himself in front of/behind a trap to toss them into, use the low angle to toss them from an edge and follow with his aerials when close to the ledge, and so on. In that aspect, it becomes more interactive using the sameness as an asset as it opens more doors for what comes from the throw rather than the throw itself.

Other examples can be found with characters already in smash. Look at Luigi for example, his Nair is a "generic sex kick", but when combined with his physics and how hard and fast the initial hit is it becomes an amazing defensive cornerstone as it allows him to eek out of pressure more easily than other characters, or make amazing pressure on his own. If it were wrriten just as "he sticks his leg out and boops you", then sure it would be lazy and generic. But with the proper context surrounding why a move is like that it can become interesting as a part of the whole.
Luigi's N-Air is completely different from all of the other Sex Kicks because it launches foes upwards. Too far upwards IMO.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Adding onto what Joe said, I personally think that you should only have identical/similar inputs if there's actually a good reason for it. As Joe pointed out, Sceptile's similar aerials can mislead the opponent and cause them to predict one thing, but get something entirely different, sorta like Sonic's two spin dashes having similar appearance but different functions. Similarly, Sceptile's reliance on traps and getting opponents into them benefits from being able to throw opponents consistently in both directions. Don't just mirror aerials "just 'cause"; have some good context and reason for it so that it's actually interesting and unique. Otherwise it comes across as rather lazy and boring.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Adding onto what Joe said, I personally think that you should only have identical/similar inputs if there's actually a good reason for it. As Joe pointed out, Sceptile's similar aerials can mislead the opponent and cause them to predict one thing, but get something entirely different, sorta like Sonic's two spin dashes having similar appearance but different functions. Similarly, Sceptile's reliance on traps and getting opponents into them benefits from being able to throw opponents consistently in both directions. Don't just mirror aerials "just 'cause"; have some good context and reason for it so that it's actually interesting and unique. Otherwise it comes across as rather lazy and boring.
The Mutant Creeper's playstyle is something I haven't actually talked about, but it will be there in the set, so you will see the 'good reason' for it.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
At the top of the page, there's a tab that says "movesets". Next to a set, it should say "MYMsomething". Hover over the movesets tab and click the "MYMsomething" next to that set, and then ctrl+f the set again and click the link.
Whoa, I'm the only person who has done a Pauline moveset .-.

on a side note, can someone define what exactly are "sex kicks"?

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
In a nutshell, Sex Kicks are moves that start off strong then get weaker as they go... sorta like... you know :p

So a move like Luigi's Nair that has a strong initial hit then lingering weak hit is considered a sex kick, named a "kick" as most of the aerials that are like this:

Are sex kicks.

However, there are other examples that work similarly like Kirby's Nair which isnt exactly a kick but behaves like a sex kick.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

Speaking of sex kicks with interesting applications to the character's overall playstyle: Link. Yeah, he has a sex kick. He also has a tether grab. Result? If you fast-fall his sex kick aerial into the ground, you can get a guaranteed grab off at low percents. It doesn't matter if the foe shields the NAir or not, they still get grabbed.

And actually, there's a pretty good reason many characters have generic sex kicks with low landing lag as their NAir: they make for a very good approach tool, without having to spend half the character's moveset on a complex approach game as people so often seem to do in MYM.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Does this fit into the Iron Memer theme this month? If it does, this is my entry.

Big Massif

HOOOOARGH! Da, ist beefiest and mightiest warrior on P'illo Island! Able to crush boulders with a finger, and able to lift a tower with ONE HAND! Big Massif leads many puny disciples, who follow him in the hopes of becoming as BEEFY and MUSCLY as he is! Prepare Smashing Brothers, for Big Massif is here to crush you all!

...In reality, Big Massif, along with his little brother L'il Massif, are tour guides on P'illo Island, who take people up Pajamaja Mountain. They're obsessed with working out and becoming the strongest. Unfortunately, they're fairly cowardly, but are genuinely strong. When Big Massif falls into a never ending sleep, Mario & Luigi must travel to the Dream World to wake him up from his dream of being the strongest there is. This set is mostly based on the dream version of Big Massif.

BEEFY STATS
Weight - 10
Size - 9
Jump - 3
Ground Speed - 3
Air Speed - 5
Fall Speed - 7

BEEFY SPECIALS

Neutral Special - Hooraw Summon

The beefy Big Massif blows an invisible whistle, which causes a group of 5 Hooraws to appear in front of him in a puff of smoke, in a somewhat laggy animation. The Hooraws are about half Big Massif's height, and take up exactly one Stage Builder block of space when summoned. Hooraws are completely stationary, aside from a few moments that we'll get to. One of those moments is when an opponent comes near. As the Hooraws are not as beefy as Big Massif, they will run in the opposite direction that the opponent is coming from like little cowardly cutlets. Hooraws do have one attack on their own, however, which will activate when an opponent gets too close. The Hooraw closest to the opponent will punch the opponent for no knockback and 3% damage. A moist bacon punch, if you will. Like most unbeefy minions, each individual Hooraw can only take around 10% damage each before being KOed in a puff of smoke. Big Massif can only have 4 groups of 5 Hooraws, totalling at 20 Hooraws being on stage at once. Using this attack near a group of Hooraws with missing members will cause said missing members to reappear. They might sound simple at first, but we'll get to the meaty beef at some point.

Side Special - Pillar Punch

Big Massif pulls his beefy arm back, as a large, stone pillar falls from the top of the screen and lands in front of him. As soon as the pillar lands,which does not take that long, as the pillar lands fairly fast, only giving slight lag, Big Massif punches it with his might fist, causing it to fly forward as a beefy projectile. The pillar is very large, about as tall and as wide as Ganondorf, making it somewhat hard to avoid, which you will want to do, since the pillar causes a whopping 14% damage with some serious knockback. Luckily, after only travelling a short 2 Stage Builder blocks, the pillar will hit the ground and break into many pieces of pork cutlet. Also of note is that the pillar cannot beused to gimp opponents off stage, as the pillar will be punched as soon as it reaches Big Massif's front.

If Big Massif punches the pillar into a group of Hooraws, the tiny cutlets will grab the pillar and throw it in a different direction. This direction can be determined by moving the control stick in a direction while the Hooraws are picking it up. They throw the pillar in that direction, but unlike Big Massif's punch, the pillar now obeys gravity, as it will start falling after flying for a bit. The surprising thing is, the pillar's damage actually increases 1.5 times after being thrown by the Hooraws, but the knockback does not.

Up Special - Ultra Beef Ascent

Big Massif leaps into the air, turning into a big swirling ball of pure beef. This is a somewhat decent recovery as it boosts Big Massif upwards around 2 Stage Builder blocks high at an upward arch, and it causes 5 hits of 2% damage if it hits an opponent from the start, maxing out at 10% damage with decent upward knockback. Once the move has finished, Big Massif will enter a unique prone animation, where he will remain in a ball shape until he hits the ground. This does nothing to opponents, but if Big Massif lands on a group of Hooraws while in this prone, they will pick him up, and throw him to the other nearest group of Hooraws, who will then throw Big Massif to the next group, etc. Big Massif can only be thrown by the Hooraws up to 4 times, with the final throw being aimed at the nearest opponent. Each group of Hooraws only gets one chance to throw, so the throw at the opponent can also be performed once all groups on stage have throw. During this time, Big Massif turns back into an active hitbox, and moves at incredibly fast speeds while being thrown. The damage is also beefed up, going up to 15% damage for the first two throws, and 20% damage on the last two throws. Pretty beefy, huh?

Down Special - Tower of Hoo

Big Massif lets out another whistle, causing all groups of Hooraws on the stage to either run towards him, or if there's an obstacle in their path, teleport to him in a puff of smoke. As soon as they reach him, they will jump on top of each other, creating a tower of Hooraws that is 1 Stage Builder block wide and can end up twice as tall as Ganondorf. Once the tower is created, Big Massif will jump up on top of it as well, creating a giant tower of pure beefiness. While the tower is formed, Big Massif can control it, and it can do things that a normal character could, such as moving and jumping. However, these have unique characteristics to them as well. Moving will cause the tower to lean slightly, as you'd expect a tower of people to, and moving too fast or standing on the edge of a platform will cause the tower to topple over and stun Big Massif and instantly kill all the Hooraws, or worse, KO Big Massif himself. This seems like a big punishment for a little mistake, but it can be avoided, as the tower will enter an animation before it is about to tip over. During this animation you can control Big Massif, and tilt the tower back to equalibrity. The tower moves slowly, so tipping over due to speed is hard to pull off, but is still possible.

Jumping is another story, however. The tower's jump is very, very weak, as it will barely make it just above one Kirby in height, but the landing will create two large shockwaves, each going the opposite direction. These shockwaves are about as tall as Kirby, and travel at the speed of a medium sized Hothead, and cause 15% damage and decent knockback. They can travel the entire stage, going over walls and such before they meet back in the middle, where they create a beefy explosion that's about the size of a Bob-Omb explosion, and causes 17% damage. Big Massif can create as many of these shockwaves as he wants, meaning he can litter the stage with pure damage and beefy chaos.

The tower has two downsides, the first being that it can only be used for 8 seconds, and once those 8 seconds are up, all the Hooraws used in the move will be destroyed. This can be prevented by using the input again, which will cause the Hooraws to disband and separate into groups again. The second downside is obvious: The tower is very, very large, making it an easy target. In this form, Hooraws can only take 1% damage, and can be instantly destroyed. The resulting destruction can cause an imbalance in the tower, which can also cause the tipping effect mentioned earlier, but this will make it even worse. For example, having only one Hooraw in one of the middle layers will result in you tipping every time you move. This is unavoidable, and if you end up like that, it is better to cancel out.

BEEFY STANDARDS

Jab - Beef Punch

Big Massif winds his fist back and lets forward a big, beefy punch. This is surprisingly laggy for a jab, and has almost pitiful range to it, but it causes 12% damage with good knockback. Like most of the moves we'll be seeing, this punch can interact with the Hooraws. In this case, hitting a Hooraw with the punch will cause it to go flying forward about 1.5 Stage Builder blocks, turning it into a meaty projectile. In this state the Hooraw will cause 8% damage and somewhat decent knockback. When the Hooraw lands, it will be separated from it's group and scared, and will run back to it's group as fas as it can. An important thing to note is that, when Hooraws are used like this, they can only take 5 of Big Massif's attacks before they die and Big Massif has to bring them back.

Forward Tilt - Headbeef

Big Massif leans back, and then releases a beefy headbutt to the opponent in front of him. The headbutt, like the punch, has short range, but is comparably even worse. It even does less damage, only 8% damage, a cutlet slice compared to the Jab. However, it does do better knockback, and has a bit of a downward hitbox, making it decent for offstage hits. If the headbutt hits a Hooraw, it will cause the hit Hooraw to bounce off the ground and into the air, where it becomes another meaty projectile, this one only causing 6% damage. Like the Jab, the lost Hooraw will head back toward it's separated group.

Up Tilt - Beef Flip

Big Massif tenses up, does a short hop, and then performs a kickflip. A kickflip on the ground!? How beefy! Yes, this is by far one of Big Massif's most ranged standards, due to his entire body turning into a hitbox for the brief time the attack is activated. It causes 7% damage, with decent upward knockback. Using the kickflip on a Hooraw will cause it to go flying upward at an arch, before falling down to the ground. During this time, the Hooraw becomes a projectile that causes 5% damage. The Beef Flip is very useful when used in the middle of a group of Hooraws, as that will cause all 5 Hooraws to be flung upward, each going at a different arching direction, creating pure chaos in the air.

Down Tilt - Beef Stomp

Big Massif raises one of his meaty eyebrows, and then stomps down on the ground with his mighty, beefy foot. The opening causes some minor lag, but it also has some fairly bad ending lag as well. This is actually an AoE attack, as it creates a small shockwave that extends 1/3rd of a Stage Builder block away from Big Massif. Due to this beefy stomp's earth wake- I mean, earth SHAKING abilities, it causes the hit opponents to trip, which only lasts a brief moment before they get back up. However, if the move is used directly in front of an opponent, and I mean directly in front, like the foot has to be touching the opponent's model, he will actually cause the opponent to become pitfalled, which lasts longer than the trip but not as long as a normal pitfall. Also, the move's tripping effect cannot be repeated, as unbeefy as that is, but it's for balance. Also the shockwave causes 9% damage without knockback, and 13% damage if the pitfalling part hits.

Oh yeah, the Hooraws! Those are... important. They may be small cutlets, but this move can make them beefy, somewhat. If the shockwave hits a Hooraw, it will... cause them to launch into the air? Only a little bit however, like about half a Stage Builder block in the air. They even hover a bit, hanging in the air for around half a second. Due to their low launch, they only cause 7% damage on contact while in the air, and very little knockback. However, if the beefy pitfalling foot of Big Massif hits a Hooraw, it will cause them to be... stuck in the ground. But, after 1/3rd of a second, they will spring out of the ground, launching nearly 4 Stage Builder blocks into the air at incredibly fast speeds. These beefy launchers only hang out in the air for a moment before falling back down. They also cause 14% damage with decent knockback while launching upward.

Dash Attack - Beef Rush

Big Massif sticks his shoulder out, and then rushes forward, like a charging pork beast. The animation is similar to what Wario would do if he had his charge attack in Smash Bros. Massif's arm enlarges during this move as well, making the relatively small hitbox much larger. Like most dash attacks, the charge only lasts a short time... if you simply press the button, that is. If the button is held, Big Massif will charge for as long as it is held, and will not stop until he hits something, or runs off a cliff. This move also increases Big Massif's ground speed, making him even faster than his dash while using it. The move has serious ending lag however, as Big Massif skids forward about 1/4th of a Stage Builder block forward. If the charge hits an opponent, than the opponent will suffer decent upward knockback, and 10% damage.

This attack is most useful when charging through a group of Hooraws, however, as it will cause them to be launched over Big Massif's head and fly backwards in an arcing path, about 1 Stage Builder block away from where they were hit. If they miss an opponent, they will get stuck in the ground when they land and be unusable for around a 1/3rd of a second (You're probably too busy charging at this point, however). If they do manage to hit an opponent while in the air, they will cause some great upward knockback, and cause 12% damage. However, if an opponent finds themselves with 5 Hooraws coming towards them, they will be glad to find out that it will still only cause 12% damage, due to invincibility to them after being hit by one.

BEEFY SMASHES

Forward Smash - Beefy Demands

Big Massif pulls his beefy arm back, and then quickly launches it forward, making a loud whistle noise as it does. The move has pitiful range, due to how short Big Massif's arms are, but because of that, this move packs a wallop if it hits, doing 18% damage uncharged, and 25% damage when fully charged, both of them doing great forward knockback.
Now, this attack isn't what you'd call a killing move, even with it's good strength. This move is mainly used for one thing: Commanding your Hooraws. What, you didn't think they would just stand there the entire set did you? NO! Big Massif can actually control any set of Hooraws on the platform he is currently standing on with this move. The actual control is fairly limited, as it simply causes the Hooraw groups to start running back and forth across the platform at a relatively fast speed (Faster than Big Massif's run, that is), but it works well. The Hooraws will only run for around 7 or 10 seconds, depending on the charge, before stopping. This will reset their default positions, and separated Hooraws will now run back to the place they stopped on.

Now, if the Hooraws run into an opponent while this is going on, they will unleash their SOMEWHAT MEATY ATTACK on them. This basically consists of all 5 Hooraws beating up the opponent in a cartoonish ball of dust, before spitting them out in a random direction with great force. Despite technically stunning the opponent during this onslaught, the attack barely lasts 2/3rds of a second before spitting the opponent out. This attack causes 14% damage, with really good knockback at moderately high percentages. Once a group of Hooraws uses the attack, this will cause them to stop where they are, which acts much like the timer running out. Also, if you manage to hit a group of Hooraws with any attack while they are running, this will cause them to run away back to their original position in fright, but this requires timing.

Up Smash - Jumping Beef

Big Massif lowers his arms, and then quickly raises them, in an animation similar to R.O.B.'s USmash, except this move creates a loud whistle sound, much like Massif's forward smash. Like the FSmash, this does not have a lot of range to it, but it is a bit meatier than it, in that the reach is slightly better, and has more of a focused area above his head. Also like the FSmash is the attack's level of damage, causing 17% damage uncharged, and 24% damage when fully charged. It also has very good upward knockback.

These connections are pretty beefy, so here's another one! Using this move will cause all the Hooraws on the platform that Big Massif is standing on to start... jumping forward. With more detail, this causes the Hooraws to jump about half a Stage Builder block upward, spinning in a clockwise/anti-clockwise (Depend on if they're facing left or right) as they do. They travel forward about 1 Stage Builder block, and will continue doing so until they reach a cliff. If they reach a cliff that is less than 1 Stage Builder blocks away, they will instead turn around and continue jumping. Instead of a timer to measure how long this goes on for, it is instead relegated to how many times they jump, which totals in at 5 or 7, depending on the charge, and will take around 10 or 14 full seconds to complete, due to minor starting lag before each jump. Like the FSmash, once the attack is finished, their new starting point will be where they landed after the last jump.
During their brief time in the air, the Hooraws act as living projectiles. Their spin is the main point of the hitbox, as it causes 12% damage if they manage to hit an opponent during it. Like the FSmash, it is entirely possible, and actually even easier, to knock out, due to the brief lag between the jumps, and their relatively slow speed.

Down Smash - Muscle Meat

Big Massif tenses up while charging, and then strikes a BEAUTIFUL, MEATY POSE, flexing his arms on both sides of himself, revealing his muscles, and also causing a loud whistling sound. Like his other Smashes, this has very little range to it, reaching out even less than his FSmash. However, this is by far his most powerful Smash, doing 19% damage when uncharged, and 26% damage when fully charged, and does good downward knockback. The move has very bad start and end lag, due to Massif trying to show off.

Like the other Smashes, this attack interacts with the Hooraws, but in a much different way. When used, every group of Hooraws will be inspired by Big Massif's raging muscle meats, turning them red, giving them angry faces, and increasing every single attack they can use, including their living projectile attacks, by x1.5, and even boosting their knockback by a bit. BEEFTASTIC! Of course, there are a few downsides, like the boost only lasting 5 seconds, but it can be stacked up to 20 seconds. The other downside is that, whenever a Hooraw is hit, they will instantly revert back to normal. The last downside is that, if Big Massif is hit during the attack, this will also revert every Hooraw back to normal, so be careful.

BEEFY AERIALS

Nuetral Aerial - FLEXING IN THE AIR

As the name says, Big Massif FLEXES IN THE AIR in an incredibly beefy way, specifically, he flexes his right (Or left, depends on which way he's facing) arm, causing a minor shockwave effect around him due to his beefiness. This shockwave causes a relatively low 10%, and barely any knockback, and has some relatively bad end lag, but this is because attacking is not really what this move is for, instead, it's for interacting with the Hooraws.

If the attack is used within 1.5 Stage Builder blocks away from a Hooraw, this will cause them to run towards Big Massif in an instant, and then latch onto him, in a clear sign of admiration. This is a minor detriment to Big Massif, as this increases his weight by .5, and decreases his jump height and speed by .5. Big Massif can have a total of 5 Hooraws hanging onto him at a time, and if they still cling to him by the time he hits the ground, the Hooraws will still cling on to him, still decreasing his speed. You can use any attack to knock them off of yourself, returning to normal stats. So, if this does nothing but cause unbeefy status ailments to Massif, why use it? You'll see in a second.

Forward Aerial - Beef Missile

While this may seem unrelated to the name, Big Massif swings his arm forward and downward in a rather hefty and slow animation that will most likely take a good part of his jump in order to finish. It also has a dreadful range, similar to the FSmash. It may move slow, and it doesn't have much range, but this attack is BEEFY, causing 15% damage and some decent knockback to boost it up.

So, what happens if you use this move while having some Hooraws attached to you? Big Massif will throw them, of course! This turns them into projectiles that fly forward 1.5 Stage Builder blocks at a rather fast speed, and does 17% damage on contact, also with decent knockback. Of course, that sentence above only describes ONE Hooraw, but Massif, being the meaty beefcake he is, can throw ALL 5 HOORAWS AT ONCE! The closest thing I can compare it to is the Spread Shot power up from Contra, as all 5 Hooraws fly forward in five diferent directions in front of Big Massif. Of course, the downside here is that the two of them that are facing downward won't go very far, due to Big Massif's low jump at that point. And just to be clear, Big Massif, for all of these aerials, will automatically throw however many Hooraws he has clinging to him. Spoilers.

Up Aerial - Beef-Nado 3: Not Again!

Big Massif spins around like a tornado, specifically like with the Spin Jump technique seen in his own game. He can do this on his own!? BEEFY! This attack is neither cutlets, nor a full meat-fest, but somewhere in the middle, as it has rather lackluster range, but does a decent 14% damage with decent upwards knockback. Also notable is that it slightly boosts Big Massif upwards a bit, but this only happens once in midair.

Now, with some Hooraws clinging onto you, this move gets a bit more interesting, even if it is a bit more simple than others. Using the move will cause the clinging Hooraws to cling onto Massif with their little cutlet arms, spinning around as he does, increasing the overall range of the move, boosting the damage to 17% damage, and causing Big Massif to be boosted a bit higher into the air. The more Hooraws clinging, the bigger the boost, with the full height being one full Stage Builder block. Once the move is finished, every Hooraw will be thrown from Big Massif, all in random directions, and each doing 9% damage and lack luster knockback.

Back Aerial - Beef Knuckle

Big Massif puts both of his weird... flipper hands together, and then slams it backwards. This move only does 10% damage, and has almost pitiful range, but boy, it has a BEEFY amount of knockback, being able to KO at around, like, 120% on a middle weight character. Not very interesting, but VERY POWER-BEEF!

Of course, this attack also has some added kick to it if you have some Hooraws clinging to you. Using this move will cause all of the Hooraws form into a ball around Massif's fist, slightly increasing the range with each Hooraw, and bosting the damage of the attack to a maximum of 18%, making it incredibly powerful. the maximum size of the fist is around the size of a Party Ball. Once the fist passes the area where it's hitbox is, Big massif will throw it, turning it into a projectile that does 2 to 10% damage, depending on how big it is, and travels about a Stage Builder block before falling downwards.

Down Aerial - Cannon-Beef

In a classic example of a heavyweight displaying his beef, Big Massif performs a rather simple ground pound attack. It's fairly simple on its own, with Big Massif rushing towards the ground at a fairly fast speed, before slamming into the ground, or another player, and yes, this move acts as a Meteor Smash. The slam causes 16% damage and, of course, great downward knockback, like most beefy Meteor Smashes.

This attack is even beefier with Hooraws attached, as the more Hooraws you have clinging to you, the faster the ground pound will travel, eventually becoming an instantaneous travel from air to ground with all five, making it even harder to avoid. Once you hit the ground however, all the Hooraws attached to you will fly upwards in random arcs, becoming rather slow projectiles that cause 7% damage each.

BEEFY GRAB GAME

Grab & Pummel - Beef Sandwich

This grab is basically exactly what it sounds like, Big Massif wraps his beefy arms around his opponent, in a type of bear hug. It has very short range when compared to most grabs, and is fairly slow. The pummel has Big Massif tightly squeeze the trapped opponent with his meaty arms, causing 2% damage.

This grab not only works on opponents, but also on... Hooraws? Why would you want to grab them!? Simple! Using a throw on a Hooraw will cause Big massif to use the throw inputted, turning the thrown Hooraw into a BEEFY PROJECTILE that causes the same damage as the throw used, with better knockback as well.

Forward Throw - Beef Chuck

Big Massif lifts the grappled opponent over his head (NO MATTER HOW LARGE THEY ARE) and throws them forward. This attack has very good knockback, and causes 9% damage to the thrown opponent. A Hooraw thrown like this will have a set trajectory, traveling 2.5 Stage Builder blocks forward before landing.

Up Throw - Beef Lift

Big Massif lifts the opponent over his head with both hands, looking like he's struggling as he does so, and then throws the opponent upward into the air. This attack has good upward knockback and does 7% damage. Hooraws affected by this throw will become spinning projectiles that travel upwards 2.5 Stage Builder blocks, before crashing back into the ground at relatively high speeds.

Back Throw - Beef Suplex

Big Massif lifts the grabbed opponent over his head - ARMS FIRST! He then slams the opponent into the ground with a beefy suplex, causing them to launch into the air, causing decent knockback and dealing 10% damage. A suplexed Hooraw will fly off in an arc, flying 2.5 Stage Builder blocks forward and dealing pretty hard knockback.

Down Throw - Beef Drop

Big Massif drops the opponent to the ground, putting them into prone, and then jumps up and performs a BEEFY ELBOW DROP, right into the opponent. This causes very little knockback, due to it being aimed directly at the ground, but it causes a rather good 9% damage to the opponent. If used on a Hooraw, however, this changes it up slightly, as once the elbow drop hits, the Hooraw will be shot forward across the ground, traveling around 3 Stage Builder blocks forward before stopping.

FINAL BEEF - BEEF LORDS
BIG MASSIF HAS THE SMASH BALL! Glowing with the beefiness of a thousand warriors, Big Massif summons up 4 large, stone statues of ancient Hooski warriors, each appearing in the background. This BEEFS UP Big Massif, boosting all of his attacks by 2x, and allowing him to summon HUNDREDS OF HOORAWS AT ONCE, dropping from the sky in swarms. This is fairly simple, Hooraws fall from the top of the screen at a constant rate, and then run forward in a random direction until they fall of the stage into the blast zone. Each Hooraw causes 1% damage, but the shear amount of them will most likely end up causing 40-50% damage. It causes no knockback, however. The stream of Hooraws only lasts about 7 seconds, but they fall in incredibly quickly, with at least ten per half second.

Smady

Smash Master
Tiers Explanation:
10: Falling in line with other rankings, this tier is likely to go unused the whole contest unless the best set ever is posted and usually is used in hindsight.
9: Similarly to 10 star this is again unlikely to be used, but is remotely possible if a set is posted that is in contention to be the best ever, recent examples being Father Cornello, Vector or Judge Nemo.
8: This is the first tier that is attainable as long as a huge amount of effort is put into a set and it's at a very consistent and high quality.
7: Movesets at this tier are very good and among the best in the contest.
6: These sets are good but may have some issues.
5: At this point, the sets are flawed but with redeeming features.
4: There is likely a huge flaw that is not addressed, or the set is fundamentally broken.
3: The problems are bad enough it spoils any good qualities.
2: The sets at this point have so many issues that it's irredeemable.
1: At this level, the set is not only terrible on every level, but is uniquely bad either for the lack of effort or sheer awfulness of the concept or execution.

9 STARS
★★★★★★★★★

LORD MORGAN BY MASTERWARLORD

FORLORN JUNK HEAP BY FROZENROY

8 STARS
★★★★★★★★

SLON BY MASTERWARLORD

LUBBA BY MASTERWARLORD

BLOCKS BY MASTERWARLORD

7 STARS
★★★★★★★

THE MOUNTAIN BY MASTERWARLORD