• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Em' Pay (a counter attack "game")

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You will take some damage by doing this, but not much.
Sidestep, then roll towards the Falco OR
Shield a bit then roll closer. Again, you will take some damage from the blaster.

Keep doing that til you are at a certain distance, But not too close, then Stop, wait for Falco to use Side-B, Shield the attack, then catch him quickly. Up-B, F-tilt, Side-B or Grab is preferred (Maybe D-smash too).

Repeat if needed.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
You are assuming a very crappy Falco. Any other halfway decent one would wait until you get very close so he can spam the blaster.
He won't be dumb enough to use the illusion right towards Bowser who is likely to block and grab/Up-B.

Sliq

Smash Master
I find the spirit of this thread to be commendable, but ultimately find it ******** because hypotheticals situations are hypothetical, which sort of creates a problem in the fact that it doesn't exist, and the basis for "solutions" is guessing.

In reality, what should happen is people will watch videos or play matches themselves and realize the necassary steps required to deal with each situation. I know some people are stupid and therefor can't do this, which is why they would ask or search a character matchup thread with specific tactics.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
Dude, all situations have a spamming character in it! There aren't many solutions to begin with! 7_7

(I will ignore the post below me on purpose by the way since people are too lazy to read already existing posts)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Situation 3, powershielding and shorthop airdodging will help you approach Falco, and once your close, you can grab, upb, jab, reverse uptilt, etc....

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I find the spirit of this thread to be commendable, but ultimately find it ******** because hypotheticals situations are hypothetical, which sort of creates a problem in the fact that it doesn't exist, and the basis for "solutions" is guessing.

In reality, what should happen is people will watch videos or play matches themselves and realize the necassary steps required to deal with each situation. I know some people are stupid and therefor can't do this, which is why they would ask or search a character matchup thread with specific tactics.
your ALIVE!

Um... thanks for calling my idea commendable(and then ********:mad:jp), but I think that you may be looking at this in far too serious a manner. the intent of this was to purely stimulate thought on how one would handle a spec. situation, not only that but to get people on the bowser boards that have a clue active... because very few bowsers are active AND really play the game on a high calibur level. I never meant this to actually become a tool on how to approach a matchup.The actual usefullness of this thread as a reference tool is, to me, minimal, as you said. However, Im going to try to pick situaitions that are relativly common in their occurence so we, as a community, can discuss every possible solution to a given event. Again, I dont expect it to actually teach one thing, its just for amusement really...

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I've had some Falco's do this to me, except for his down-B.
The thing is, when you play as Bowser, you HAVE to read your opponents all the time (this isn't different for any other character, but since Bowser as no spammable attack/projectile and isn't MK...)
When a Falco is just spamming Lasers, he too has fewer options that he can do, that's one thing. Most Falco's will shieldgrab you when you're coming in with an attack, hoping to get that infinite, that's one thing you've got to keep in mind.
Second, you've got yourself an air-grab, which is killer against any opponent who has his/her shield on.
What you can do in this situation (Falco spamming lasers and putting up shield):

- Short hop in front of him and Claw
- Short hop over him and Claw his a$$
- Short hop over him, then immediatly jump back again, waiting for him to make an out-of-shield move, then strike with whatever seems right for that situation (d-tilt, u-tilt, f-tilt, Claw or even a Smash)
- Mindgame him, short hop in front of him, do a Claw backwards (so he's facing your back) as if you're ''trying'' to predict him, Claw Jump in whichever way he rolls/jumps out of shield (risky, but if you just throw this in once or twice in a match, it's got a good chance of working if done right)...Another thing, there is a chance your opponent does indeed roll into your Claw, so you can get lucky, or just be good at predicting, depends...

As for his reflector, that's pretty easy to airdodge - land - grab if you ask me, AND pretty predictable when you see a Falco short-hop while you are outside of his normal attack range, the only thing he's gonna do when short hopping outside range, is Laser, Reflector or FP...and a good Falco wouldn't do the third on a regular basis, so it's basically just the Laser and Reflector which he will use.

I like this thread, keep it alive OP :)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Alright, as of now I think its time to decide who gets the quote... Vote and let me know. New situation when you guys pick a winner

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Situation #3
* Ledge camp util Falco get's pissed off!

If he jumps down to attack you you can:
*Try switching places with him then Fire edge guard his ***!
* Ledgedrop > Stage spike/gimp/edgehog.

If he tries to attack you from the stage you can:
*Ledgdedrop > side+B suicide.
*Ledgedrop > Fair.
*Ledge attack.

There's no other way than outcamping his lasercamping with ledgecamping =/

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
how about someone come up with a situation then if Earny comes back he can add it to the OP? just an idea otherwise if people want to continue this give it a bit longer and ill create another thread for this (or someone else doesnt bother me)

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
how about someone come up with a situation then if Earny comes back he can add it to the OP? just an idea otherwise if people want to continue this give it a bit longer and ill create another thread for this (or someone else doesnt bother me)
That would be nice.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
well then someone put up a situation and we will discuss it as usual and hopefully Earny will come back and at it to the OP. I want to give him another week at least before we make a whole new thread, who knows his internet could be stuffed and hes trying to fix it.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i guess i will give it a try:

Situation 4ish:

i am playing a combolisous kirby and i usually come at you with a dash grab into a upair grab combo and abuse the fair to its fullest...i consently nuetral b you if you get to close and might either suicide or adsorb your power and use it against you...find my mistakes and make my life a living hell

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i guess i will give it a try:

Situation 4ish:

i am playing a combolisous kirby and i usually come at you with a dash grab into a upair grab combo and abuse the fair to its fullest...i consently nuetral b you if you get to close and might either suicide or adsorb your power and use it against you...find my mistakes and make my life a living hell
Ftilt all day.

Flayl

Smash Hero
G&W spamming properly spaced BAirs.

I've gotten practice against poorly spaced ones (shield grab them and release grab a FAir).

Top Bottom