• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major 07 Tournaments Planned?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
So i was wondering who all was thinking about hosting a major tourney in 07?
Also if you have everything finalized and a thread link me please. If not, just tell me when/where you are thinking about hosting it. And by major i mean you have a big venue or a big venue in mind in a large smash area.

FC? OC?

This is going to help with some MLG planning so yes its not just a random question

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Gojira is putting together a semi-large tournament in Utah. He is sponsoring the trips of various pro players in order to entice others to come. It's supposed to be a multi-day event with food and everything provided. Last I checked, it'd take place March 31 to April 2. I'll have to verify that. While this tournament probably won't be as big as FC/0C, it does depend on a number of really good players attending. MLG would hinder that. :(

And Vist, <3 your sig.

Linguini

Smash Master
Wow I hope there is at least 1 huge tournament like an oc or fc especially this summer, because I know I would for sure be there.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I was hoping to make Smashtality III a huge event. We got ahold of a place that can hold large amounts of people, but then we'd be competing against Pound 2 as the big East Coast event, and I don't really want that. Pound 2 will probably get more.

Our event, at most, will probably be semi-major.

The Smashtality III sig is freakin' amazing though. You can click on it to get to the thread, but as of now, it's merely a placeholder. Nothing is finalized as of yet, and we might even move it to August. That way, we have Pound 2 in June, FC in July, and Smashtality III in August.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm hoping to see some American interest for TWO major smash tournaments in Sweden and Holland the first two weeks of July =)

Dopey

Smash Lord
So This Means Mlg Is Keeping Smash For One More Season??!?!?! Yayyyyy Maybe I Can Finally Keep My Top 8 Spot Without Being Detained By Teh State Of Michigan!!!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ok, we are planning a BIG tourny in OK in early june. We are getting things finalized and should have everything ready for people to read.

So far we have planned that singles 1st prize will be atleast $1200, ATLEAST, it is more than likely to go up.
Doubles, Crews, Low Tier, and Singles will all be present, it will be a 2 day event. Ill let you know when we finalize these things.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Well any big tournies on the EC count me in. But I think the 2 major ones on the EC would be Pound 2 and Smashtality 3. I wish my tournaments where that big.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I know INN V will be this spring, I just dont know the exact date. We are trying to plan it so no MLG tourney is going on around the same time. With DarkRain winning INN III and IV, and a two day event, this should be big. Not a lot goes on here in the south but this pay out will be large.

Rei

Smash Cadet
I sent you a message about it jv, but I'm holding a larger scale one in Long Island a week from now. I'd be willing to hold another on an even larger scale, given that the venue is about 2.5x the size of the space alotted to Melee at the Jacob center during the latest NYC MLG. As well, it is extremely close to food, lodging, and JFK international airport.

Lemmee know.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Muffin King was thinking about bringing the BOMB series back this summer sometime. The venue can hold around 150 people and is in Maryland.

Watty

Smash Lord
ya chillen we are coming but that indian guy took the elephants and went to texas.

what kinda dog am i?!?!?!?!

Dopey

Smash Lord
i dont kno what it is either prime >_> i was drinking one night and i thought it looked like me...with glasses...rofl

JV dont forget the MW circuit championships thingy we got, i believe its in march, i think late march? i do not have a link =/ but it is teh important for the mw.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
SMYM 7, the Midwest Circuit Championship, is on March 24.

Look at you midwesterners posting in this topic and not pointing that out.

--oh, well Dope sort of mentioned it.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Yes, Midwest Circuit Championship Season 1 will be excellent.

Also, Midwest Circuit Championship Season 2 will be excellent.

<_<

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i wouldn't mind entering an mlg, oh and can someone send me a link for the best players in the world, i had no idea dope was 8th.

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
yo guys stop pimping your 60-70 person tournaments on here. Jv is looking for tourneys that are going to be in the hundreds of people. ya know how he said "OC, FC"?

POund 2 is the only thing looking even remotely that serious.

ky

Smash Ace
is there gonna be an FC or OC this year, if not then I'd say that pound 2 and cat.3 are the big tourneys...and smashtality 3 of course

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
POUND 2 HOSTED BY TA!!!!!

its going to be a VERY big EC torney...we have tons of space at the venue and the last one i heard was amazing

deff expecting 100 + ppl.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Alright this thread has more or less served its purpose, it can be locked now. Thanks for the input all.

random comments

haha, sockninja laying it down

pound looks great

OMG HOT BLONDES.. haha thats pretty much what i thought when i saw the first page

Top Bottom