• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 11: CogSmooch's beard is WRYYYYYYYYY!!! April 28th

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Ill mm you and smash and then play you in poker after. I only have two questions, what is super smash brothers and whats a flop?

Kid Prodigy

Smash Rookie
Ill mm you and smash and then play you in poker after. I only have two questions, what is super smash brothers and whats a flop?
I have no idea. My friend always talks about "Flopping" on my mother but I just assumed that was his way of saying "He likes her".

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Draft Crews pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
Agreed. I think that even if it is slow at the get go we should do this. Dazwa the people have spoken. We should have enough people for this and after seeing two man crews happen I have no doubt that this can.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
...Draft crews would be even slower than low tiers, wouldn't it?

Maybe I'll try to run it after singles, as an after event, and not run low tiers, but I dunno..

Kid Prodigy

Smash Rookie
Noob Question: What are all these "draft crews" that you speak of?

I would assume it has something to do with drafting characters or teamates and then playing some kind of tournament from there? Just curious

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Maybe if you do single elimination for it then it would run quickly.

~ Iron Chief
You better be talking about draft crews >_____>

KP, draft crews works like this.

Top X players from singles are captains (I'm not sure how many we'd do, depend on how many people showed up). They do a school-style drafting, etc., until crews are chosen. Each crew would be entered into a single elimination crews tournament.

Since you probably don't know what a crew battle is, here's an explanation of that >_>

Both teams send up their first person. It's a double blind pick. When the match is over, the losing team sends up their next player, winning team player has to stay the same character they were in the previous game, and the stage is chosen at random (however, a stage counterpick can be made, but the winning player may change their character if this happens). In this game, however, the winning player retains all of the stock from the previous game. If he had 2 stock at the end of that game, he'd have 2 stock at the beginning of this game. At the start of the game he'd suicide until he had his stock back, then once he respawns, he lets his invincibility time settle, and someone does a countdown for the players to start fighting. This continues until one team is out of stock.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Arent crews always single elim? Im just saying it would be really fast because say we had 4 crews that would fly by.

th0rn

Smash Lord
ohhh, I was thinking more of having two captains, and drafting for two giant crews. So it's not really a tourney, just a crew battle. >_>

I wasnt thinking four crews, and running a tourney... which could be pretty fun actually. There would be $$$ involved too, mirite?

Skler

Smash Master
four crews would be imbalanced. Two would be fair (as long as 2nd and 3rd are paired together no matter what) but I remember draft crews at what...MST:7? It wasn't particularly great. However low tiers always leads to awesome, people just need to sign up for it more. I had to play Pine TWICE last tourny and only played like 4 games. Stop slacking and sign up!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
My employers wouldn't give me this weekend off, so I can't go unless I find covers for both Friday and Saturday night.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Guys who came to Anime Boston, it was too good.

Boxman, Larx, Dazwa, and Darc, it's been great seeing you again.

CogSmooch, it was cool seeing you again.

Matt.Zeb and Nuro, gg on the "game" money match, we'll have another rematch later on.

**** Tom it was good times and thx for the housing and everything. No thanks about the 3v1 though. But w/e it's in the past, next time don't do it again or else you will get disqualified randomly by the staff, lol. All in all, it was a good time.

AB was mad fun, too bad I can't make it to MST12. Hope you guys have fun.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Guys who came to Anime Boston, it was too good.

Boxman, Larx, Dazwa, and Darc, it's been great seeing you again.

CogSmooch, it was cool seeing you again.

Matt.Zeb and Nuro, gg on the "game" money match, we'll have another rematch later on.

**** Tom it was good times and thx for the housing and everything. No thanks about the 3v1 though. But w/e it's in the past, next time don't do it again or else you will get disqualified randomly by the staff, lol. All in all, it was a good time.

AB was mad fun, too bad I can't make it to MST12. Hope you guys have fun.
XD, that 3v1 disqualification was so bad yet so hilarious at the same time.

But uh, MST12? This is MST11...how come you won't be able to make it to MST12? >_>

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
Zoso you have to come =(

~ Iron Chief

P.S. my comp broken so im using my wii to get on the internet. Comp >Wii (typing wise)

Top Bottom