• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 11: CogSmooch's beard is WRYYYYYYYYY!!! April 28th

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
You were 1/2 of the incredibly strong brothers? you both should grow beards, it will make you appear even stronger. then if people beat you in smash you can just kill them. in real life. dead.
Your right, i would look even more intimidating with a fully mammoth beard... but i think i would look destructive with some man-chops. the chops>full beards hands down.

although.. i'm afraid of having a full beard/chops, i may attract women with mullets.:psycho:

i really would like to go to this. im just scurred of the ride home. i almost died driving home from CT nevermind maine.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
The deer managed to scare away fox, which is odd, seeing as deer isn't even on the tier list.
The deer wouldnt scare away my fox. Unless it was poke floats because chancey and squirtle already scare the s*** out of him.

Oh and whats the deal with draft crews. Iron chief needs to be able to wobble in at least 2 events, so no low tier cause you cant wobble with ness .....yet.

Banks

Smash Hero
Since Draft crews or any other crew oriented tourney seems to be cancelled at all other tournaments its planned, we will def try to do a crew thing. DEFINITELY (even though i'm not running the tourney lololol)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
wtf @ all the side-tourney suggestions.

Low tier: The only problem with low tier tournaments is that if there's a large showing, they take a long *** time. MST recently hasn't had large showings, but local Maiden Games players could possibly add, and thus, make Low tiers unplausible.

Draft Crews: This always seems to fall apart due to disinterest.

Side 64: I'm not familiar with Smash 64 tournaments at all (their formats, etc.). If zoso goes, though...>_>

Everyone pays Dazwa 5 bills: Most plausible side tournament idea so far.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Corey: I could give you a lift if you're interested in going.

wtf @ all the side-tourney suggestions.

Low tier: The only problem with low tier tournaments is that if there's a large showing, they take a long *** time. MST recently hasn't had large showings, but local Maiden Games players could possibly add, and thus, make Low tiers unplausible.

Draft Crews: This always seems to fall apart due to disinterest.

Side 64: I'm not familiar with Smash 64 tournaments at all (their formats, etc.). If zoso goes, though...>_>

Everyone pays Dazwa 5 bills: Most plausible side tournament idea so far.
Giant Melee tourney. Done.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Yeah, definitely. I should start a list of set-ups being brought. If you're worried about bringing a memory card and it being stolen, you don't have to bring one, as I can just run a memory card through a system.

TVs
1. Dazwa
2. Iron Chief
3. ZoSo
4. ZoSo
5. Banks

Gamecube/Smash
1. Dazwa
2. Iron Chief
3. ZoSo
4. Banks
5. Skler

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
Only reason why I ask if people wanted to do a draft crew because every tournament I have gone to in the past month did not happen so I like to be in one for once.

~ Iron Chief

P.S. the Dazwa tournament sounds pretty amazing!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Small edit in that above post, he totally forgot about ReBoot.

But he is forgiven for SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

EDIT: XD, the purple thing near the end of the video is called a "Game Cube."

No joke.

Kid Prodigy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new and most likely will be bringing a crew up of 4-6 people.

Few questions:

How many people are you guys expecting?

When do you expect doubles and singles to start? I noticed the low tier tournaments start first and want to know what time the doubles start just incases I can't get everyone to get up early.

Also, I'm contemplating on running SSBM tournaments on either saturdays or sundays at a gaming store I play at in Somersworth, NH.(Southeast NH, Near Dover and Portsmouth) I could probably get at least 8 for the tournament. My only concern is if it grows then having an adequate number of TVs and set-ups to bring. Whats the ideal number of TVs for an 8 person single? 4 would seem to make sense and 2 would be okay. But what if 20 people show up and I only get 4 tvs? I've never played in a Melee tournament so I honestly have no idea how long it would take.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Hey guys, I'm new and most likely will be bringing a crew up of 4-6 people.
Yay!

How many people are you guys expecting?
This is tricky to answer, because the recent MSTs have had maybe 15 people show up. However, the push south + the new group of locals who will show up may increase that number. High or low, who knows. I can't really tell, so instead the safest bet for me is to get as many set-ups as possible to run it smoothly. I'd rather go overkill on the set-ups and not risk a bad set-up : players ratio

When do you expect doubles and singles to start? I noticed the low tier tournaments start first and want to know what time the doubles start just incases I can't get everyone to get up early.
Well, there's no guarantee that low tier will even be ran (Low tier is a slow running tournament, if a bunch of people show up it'd be a waste of time to run it, and we could run some other warm-up tournament in its stead.). Again, I've no clue how many people are going to show due to the potentially high local player showing, so unfortunately I can't estimate when doubles and singles will start.

Also, I'm contemplating on running SSBM tournaments on either saturdays or sundays at a gaming store I play at in Somersworth, NH.(Southeast NH, Near Dover and Portsmouth) I could probably get at least 8 for the tournament. My only concern is if it grows then having an adequate number of TVs and set-ups to bring. Whats the ideal number of TVs for an 8 person single? 4 would seem to make sense and 2 would be okay. But what if 20 people show up and I only get 4 tvs? I've never played in a Melee tournament so I honestly have no idea how long it would take.
I run weekly tournaments at a local card store (J & R Cards, we've ran MSTs there before), and 8 is about the number of people that show up. We manage fine on 1 set-up, but thats mostly because we run a single elimination tournament. If you were to do double I'd at least suggest 2 or 3 set-ups. If, since you have a low number, you wanted to run a swiss format tournament (Everyone plays everyone once, top half (By record) enter a double elimination bracket), I'd consider going for the 4th set-up.

EDIT: If anyone was interested, here's the thread for MST11 on the Maiden Games forums

http://hexcaliber.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1174025100

Kid Prodigy

Smash Rookie
Yay!

This is tricky to answer, because the recent MSTs have had maybe 15 people show up. However, the push south + the new group of locals who will show up may increase that number. High or low, who knows. I can't really tell, so instead the safest bet for me is to get as many set-ups as possible to run it smoothly. I'd rather go overkill on the set-ups and not risk a bad set-up : players ratio

Well, there's no guarantee that low tier will even be ran (Low tier is a slow running tournament, if a bunch of people show up it'd be a waste of time to run it, and we could run some other warm-up tournament in its stead.). Again, I've no clue how many people are going to show due to the potentially high local player showing, so unfortunately I can't estimate when doubles and singles will start.

I run weekly tournaments at a local card store (J & R Cards, we've ran MSTs there before), and 8 is about the number of people that show up. We manage fine on 1 set-up, but thats mostly because we run a single elimination tournament. If you were to do double I'd at least suggest 2 or 3 set-ups. If, since you have a low number, you wanted to run a swiss format tournament (Everyone plays everyone once, top half (By record) enter a double elimination bracket), I'd consider going for the 4th set-up.

EDIT: If anyone was interested, here's the thread for MST11 on the Maiden Games forums

http://hexcaliber.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1174025100
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm sure I'll get a feel for how to run a Smash tournament after I play a few. I've run other kinds of tournaments before so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'll most likely be there and can bring at least 2 GCs and 2 copys of smash. Possibly one TV. Not sure on that one. Anyways, should be a fun time!!

Kid Prodigy

Smash Rookie
Money Match me.
:laugh:

EDIT: OMG Reboot. That dog was amazing.
Hmmmm to get hustled or not to get hustled? That tis the question. I'll probably pass on that one. Unless you'd like to play me in my domain of poker so I can get my money back afterwards!!

Top Bottom