• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 11: CogSmooch's beard is WRYYYYYYYYY!!! April 28th

Skler

Smash Master
No way, the wiimote > keyboard. I mean, pointing and clicking on each letter is so much faster then typing it out, why even bother with a keyboard?

nuro

Smash Lord
Guys who came to Anime Boston, it was too good.

Boxman, Larx, Dazwa, and Darc, it's been great seeing you again.

CogSmooch, it was cool seeing you again.

Matt.Zeb and Nuro, gg on the "game" money match, we'll have another rematch later on.

**** Tom it was good times and thx for the housing and everything. No thanks about the 3v1 though. But w/e it's in the past, next time don't do it again or else you will get disqualified randomly by the staff, lol. All in all, it was a good time.

AB was mad fun, too bad I can't make it to MST12. Hope you guys have fun.
. :laugh:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
There are no winners in a 3-stock FFA tournament.

but seriously, I dunno. Not KDJ since he got teamed up on :ohwell:
The friday tournament was won by some average Jiggs player who used the tag "NNJU" (I'm pretty sure of this). He wasn't terribly good, but he wasn't really bad either...meh. KDJ was eliminated via triple-teaming by **** Tom, Nuro, and some guy whose name I didn't get (Nuro won that match, went on to lose to the Jiggs).

The sunday tournament was won by KDJ. After the initial FFAs, there were 7 players left to do a 4-player FFA and a 3-player FFA. The 4-player group was KDJ, Nuro, MattDotZeb, and **** Tom, and the latter 3 all got disqualified when they triple teamed KDJ by the judge for "unsportsmanlike conduct." The 3-player was between Darc, BoxManX, and myself, and Darc and I spent a minute or so dash dancing doing nothing trying to figure out who had a chance against DJ >_>

But yeah, the DQ in the sunday tournament but not the friday tournament was...interesting.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
1st place prize for Friday's tournament was a DS Lite. 1st place prize which I won on Sunday was....a travel card for a free day in a landmark/amusement park in Boston.
But it can't beat 1st place prize that I got from Melty Blood: A T-shirt!
Yeah!

Kais

Smash Ace
I'd just like to say "Hi".

Now srsly, I heard that the AB07 game room blew a s s. From what I'm reading, that's pretty much the case. PCM07 is going to be sweet though, show up for that ****. Tournament rules and all. I'm on staff so it'll get run...right. I.E. Without "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" bans >_>

OrkyDaBad

Smash Cadet
You know, I just might make it to this actually. I have saturday off and nothing to do. What's a 2 hour drive really?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You know, I just might make it to this actually. I have saturday off and nothing to do. What's a 2 hour drive really?
A 2 hour drive back >_>

But, that's 4 hours total compared to 6 hours total. That's 2 hours! That's almost 3 hours!

EDIT: That new penguin pokemon is made out of badass and win

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
1st place prize for Friday's tournament was a DS Lite. 1st place prize which I won on Sunday was....a travel card for a free day in a landmark/amusement park in Boston.
But it can't beat 1st place prize that I got from Melty Blood: A T-shirt!
Yeah!
That is incredibly ghey. Like, the gheyest ghey to ever ghey.
Are there even any amusement parks in Boston? No? And when did landmarks cost $$? Maybe like the Museum of Science is included in there or something? wtf.

Skler

Smash Master
If you want a cool sig ask Pine or Banks to make you one. That's right Banks, I just compared you to Pine in sig making. You should feel proud to have your name mentioned with the elite.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I was pretty happy about the prize because it didn't relate to a video game, and I was planning to go check out Boston with someone, so this Card might actually come in handy...
Hard to go on dates with DS Lite's, but no johns.

Banks

Smash Hero
pat i can make you a sig, i made basically all of them in here except sklers. and compare his to the others. LOLLLLLLLL

but rlly.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Sell the DS Lite, use the money to buy 3 boxes, label them 1, 2, and 4.

You and your date will spend DAYS looking for Box 3!

EDIT: I forgot Ken Sanchez (I'd seriously like to know, Ken, why you edited it to Sanchez) is on spam watch in this thread (and for good reason), so I figure I'd take notice of the current set-ups we have

TVs
1. Maiden Games
2. Dazwa
3. Iron Chief
4. Banks

CogSmooch (?)

Gamecube/Smash
1. Dazwa
2. Iron Chief
3. Banks
4. Skler
5. Hyperfly

CogSmooch (?)

Uh come on guys if there's a huge local turnout how smoothly do you think it'll run with 4 set-ups? There'd be no friendlies allowed during tournament, and that's NO GOOD. I removed ZoSo from the list because...*sniff*...he might not be coming =(

EDIT #2: People who bring both a cube and a copy of smash will be getting 3 high fives from me over the course of the day. Step up your game, Maine.

EDIT #4: I've just realized that the Final Fantasy X OST is really **** good . Also you'll spend all day looking for Edit #3.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I was pretty happy about the prize because it didn't relate to a video game, and I was planning to go check out Boston with someone, so this Card might actually come in handy...
oh snap. i recommend walking around the north end, getting some fresh lemonade from a cart and maybe some slices from a tiny pizza place. girls love that ****.

On topic ken plz don't kill me: I am like 68% bringing a setup. I probably couldn't stay until like 10pm tho...would that be a problem? (guessing not)

EDIT: The venue is only providing one TV? That's it? wtf

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Well, it's a card store, them having a TV to help out in the first place is great.

Cog, I've added you with a (?) to the list of available set-ups, as well as someone from the maidengames forums who said they'd bring a copy of smash and a cube.

EDIT: Hyperfly also told me that there's a large group of people at maiden games who would "probably play." Here's hoping to a strong local showing >_>

EDIT #2: People who need to confirm/deny their ability to bring a set-up: Larx, BoxMan, Pat/Pro/Jholla, CogSmooch, SOLAR, Kais (even going?), MA/NH/RI/CT ppl (even going?), etc. Even saying you can't bring stuff helps a little...sorta...>_>

Skler

Smash Master
Skler is bringing a FULL setup. Not just a cube. Also, RPI might rep and bring two setups, because we rule that much.

NH rules at bringing TVs.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
yo ****** like I said to you guys I will be goin to this just cuz it seems closer and I hate telling somebody that I am goin then not show up. Matt.zeb if you need a ride hit me up son and anybody else that needs a ride hit me up quickly.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
yo ****** like I said to you guys I will be goin to this just cuz it seems closer and I hate telling somebody that I am goin then not show up. Matt.zeb if you need a ride hit me up son and anybody else that needs a ride hit me up quickly.
As much as I'd love to go, I really can't..
Need to get something from my friend Saturday (No, I can't get it earlier) and he's gone on Sunday. I need it asap. Can't put it off for another weekend. :ohwell:

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Im going to use it for every event going forward. That way, since I pwn people so hard, when someone hears they are playing KDJ they'll say "Phew for a second there I thought he said KBJ". True story.

P.S.
Wheres my sig, what maine got no love for mass? What was all that mainesachusetts talk?

Top Bottom