• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maharba's Battle Royale 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zori going...bring 3DS.

:phone:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I know this is highly unlikely, but what's the possiblity of this starting on time? I have to leave by 4..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You already know the answer...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you listen hard, you can hear the faint sound of Gnes laughing as he fights Kilik first round.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I actually like this stage list; it seems like it could be more fun and interesting than our usual tourneys.

Denti

Smash Master
Yeah, this ruleset has potential for some abuse. I'm not that worried about non-MK planking though.
As an Olimar main, you should know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0r0DkNiqxc

Almost every character in Brawl can do this to you. This tournament has no ledge grab limit (every tournament now days has one). All you can hope for is that nobody will do this to you. If they don't, then you got lucky with mercy.

I really would have come to this with a full carpool even with the MLG stagelist, but there is no LGL. And I have full faith that if I run into a planking character in tournament I'll get planked, especially since maharbara is going (I've never seen a pit plank more than his, ever).

sheikamaru

jive
trust me bro.. we don't have anyone that much of a try hard here in this house lol... that was will.. ultimate tryhard dawg

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
denti you realize rich brown sucks for not knowing olimar can time his dtilt to knock dk out of his planking and true combo it into an usmash because DK has to DI towards the stage when he uses UP-B and the landing lag gives you ample time to usmash him right? i told RB that at whobo3 and he then proceeded to money match will and almost won because i showed him how to stop dk's ****ty planking. so until you actually know about non mk planking mechanics (tbh im probably the only person in tx besides keith and trela that knows every characters planking tech and anti planking tech) could you please not misinform new brawl players by saying non mk planking is unbeatable? because only bad players can't stop DK from planking.

edit:

also it doesn't matter what stages are and aren't legal. time outs will always be plentiful in this game. i've timed people out on halberd, fd, sv, bf, castle siege, delphino, lylat cruise, and every other legal stage in any ruleset. that's my brawl strategy because im an @$$hole and i enjoy it. just like alsm when MK is legal. as long as rulesets have timers, there will be campy f@ggots like me abusing them. look at rain, he timed 2 people out at SRT with a 10 minute timer with metaknight on their stage list in bracket. so did the japanese wario. time outs will always happen because people like me and shadow1pj enjoy putting people through that ****. hylian still runs tournies with no lgl as do parts of norcal and midwest. and hylian's tournies have more stages legal than i do. and guess wat, only one or 2 people per tourney ever even get close to timing people out.

disclaimer:

tbh i don't even main pit anymore and will be testing new characters out at my house tourney. so the forcast for a time out at my tourney is 33% tesh will abuse the running length of pictochat (and don't you dare complain that sonic running on picto is broken. if you can't beat sonic, you suck)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too late, I saw what you posted.

No secrets allowed.

Denti

Smash Master
XD I noticed how pointless it was arguing about that kinda stuff. The rules won't change for this tournament, it's whatever. Also it just made me keep looking like a jerk when I really just wanted an LGL. It's whatever. Hope everyone has fun at this tournament! Some1 go D3 plz <3 green greens forevaaa.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No secrets.

No fun.

Deal with it.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
If I showed up to this, I would be that tryhard. I would win the tournament; and then you'll be like "oh, I was wrong, you sure showed me ALSM. Here let me treat you out to dinner and get you some *****es." lmao rofl

Lol I remember that one time Xyro took a game off Denti by planking. Or that one time Zac planked Razer and won. Or that one time Will planked Richbrown and ADHD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJaLEjFCuZE <-- So this makes ADHD a bad player? LOL

There's a reason why even someone such as Xyro changed his mind to adding an LGL for all characters, even if MK got the special treatment and got his much lower than the rest of the cast.

There. That's my two rupees; I won't be responding to any responses from this post.

/dip

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
If I showed up to this, I would be that tryhard. I would win the tournament; and then you'll be like "oh, I was wrong, you sure showed me ALSM. Here let me treat you out to dinner and get you some *****es." lmao rofl

Lol I remember that one time Xyro took a game off Denti by planking. Or that one time Zac planked Razer and won. Or that one time Will planked Richbrown and ADHD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJaLEjFCuZE <-- So this makes ADHD a bad player? LOL

There's a reason why even someone such as Xyro changed his mind to adding an LGL for all characters, even if MK got the special treatment and got his much lower than the rest of the cast.

There. That's my two rupees; I won't be responding to any responses from this post.

/dip
Silence newbish noob.

=pkj

Trela

Smash Lord
You got dead last at an 8-man tournament the last time you came to Houston.

Sit the **** down.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You got dead last at an 8-man tournament the last time you came to Houston.

Sit the **** down.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Nah but seriously the reason why i put a LGL on was not JUST because Will(dk) vs RichBrown(olimar) but also because JunkInDaTrunk(ddd) vs PoperTop(mk) before that reminded me that you cannot assume people will be honorable in a **** game. I learned that you cannot have faith in people when it comes to this game. You cannot give them a benefit of a doubt. You must assume the worst and thus prepare for the worst(add a LGL). This generation of kids(end of melee and all of brawl. it will only get worse in ssb4 and in the future) literally will do w/e it takes to steal wins instead of earn it and because of that you have to make **** rules for this **** game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well then...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I probably won't stay long. Have to attend to something at 5. Would be leaving at ~4. Might stay for friendlies or just early bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom