• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Role Discussion

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
personally i want way more VTs. And watchers/bgs used instead of docs more. tracker/watcher are way funner then cop/doc.

good post tho gheb. Lots of good points.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
docs/bodyguards are cool. however i think the epicmafia version of bodyguard (50% chance of killing whoever tries to kill their targeted) is lame. random factors suck
Truth. Bodyguard concept rocks but random **** is ****ty.

probably wouldnt use a comparison cop unless there was more than 1 scum faction. also wouldnt let them target themselves
NEVER let comparison cops target themselves. That ruins the role. So yeah, I don't necessitate multiple scum factions but never let a comparison cop self target.

not sure how i feel about bp sks. if the scumteam can identify the sk then i think they should be able to take out that liability. fbi agents (maybe even a scum version?) to counteract them are nice
I usually vouch for BP SKs because without that their chances at victory come down to a lot of luck, esp. in the early game if there are other killing roles just shooting blind. It's just a protection against random BS. FBI agents and other indy hunters are great though.

i think alignment-changing roles are some of the lamest things in mafia and will probably never use them
QTF. You're a troll mod if you use these.

think roles with mutually exclusive win conditions are more fun
^^^ Basically the uber condense version of my rant on win conditions in that other thread. Factions need to clash. I hate sub-victory BS.

def need more vigs (specially me as vig)
Truuuuuuuuth.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
docs/bodyguards are cool. however i think the epicmafia version of bodyguard (50% chance of killing whoever tries to kill their targeted) is lame. random factors suck
I agree that there should be an alternate concept to the 50% random chance of dying/killing. The main point here is that protecting the right person gives you a free kill is a lot more rewarding than just randomy safe people.

probably wouldnt use a comparison cop unless there was more than 1 scum faction. also wouldnt let them target themselves
Should be made clear that they can't target themselves in the role PM. A game like FFVII that started out with 4 indies and 3 mafiosi would work well with a comparision cop though. The whole point of a comparision cop - imo - is the fact that he's able to tell town, indies and scum apart from each other - something no other investigator can. In exchange he will never give you a concrete, absolute "bingo" result and requires smart deduction. In a game with more than 1 anti-town faction this role should be considered imo.

def need more vigs (specially me as vig)
YES. Vig is AWESOME!!!

Pfft, no way. No need to shoot someone....five seconds after the game starts. :p
NO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:059:

Top Bottom