• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Milkyway Sleepover - Serial Killer wins (with a Gold Metal for Mafia)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Also, deciding who would be this role before hand wasnt very fair. Of course experienced players like him will do it well, but it shouldnt be up for you to decide.

Imo, there should have been less mafia and/or Tom being seperate from us.

Mafia had to many abilities to help them out. This gave us a huge advantage when there were so many of us.

KevinM's shot should have had a greater chance to hit.

That's my tired assessment of this game. I need to sleep now.
Like I said many times, I needed someone to test this role to its full potiential. Because it was a new role for the SK (which, when thinking, doesn't have a lot of useful roles as a Indie). If someone else gotten besides a veteran, then I probably wouldn't get back much of a result. Now that I've how well this role was, I could maybe tweak with it some more and have someone else maybe play with it (randomize, of course). Remember, only Tom and KK (auto dubbed him ordinary townie role cause he is an *** >> ) are the only ones that has gotten a role first. I'll be more fair once it comes to another game.

As much as I want to go and explain about Mafia and town powers, I can't...but rest assured that there is a reason. I'll do a better job with Townie roles next game.

Reason why KevinM's thing had a chance thing is so that it discourages him from either

- carelessly firing

- constant targeting of the veterans.

Let's say it was D1. Everyone on the table has a lack of info. No one knows how to move along. KevinM says 'K, I'm bored.' and then shoots Medi with a alignment bullet. He comes out as 'Mafia.' and they soon lynch him. then he goes do the similar thing with Tom, with roles. He comes up as 'Rouge' and if he isn't lynch, Mafia kills him (big possibility). and so on and so on and so on. I wanted to limit that BS, because it's just unfair to the vets and possibly other players.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
WHY DO I KEEP GETTING POWER ROLES LOOL

i had kevinM's role first and i was like LOLWUT isthis.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
WHY DO I KEEP GETTING POWER ROLES LOOL

i had kevinM's role first and i was like LOLWUT isthis.
Because you have good luck

but don't worry, I'll give you a ordinary role

ERR, I MEAN. RANDOMIZE! *worried smile* ^^;;

also, you suck for making more complications for me at the last minute >=/

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol wrong? Tell me some good reasons why a GM should give out roles based on how good that person will use it?
Don't change the argument. You said that "he didn't have the right" to meta choose, which is complete bullhonky. It's his game, and he has the right to give out roles however he sees fit. Where are you going to draw the line, Hando? If you host a game and randomize all the roles, and your mafia consists of Eor, Tom, Mediocre, and KevinM, while your town consists of newer players, like Karthik_King, are you going to let it be a massacre? Or are you going to reroll? I've rerolled games in the BRoom before because the RNG basically just ****ED scum over. So if Rockin decided that he wanted to give a single role to a single person, albeit that person is me, I'm completely fine with it. You're wrong in saying that it isn't his right.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Personally I don't see that much wrong with him picking roles. I know I had an idea for an SK role that I would want to make sure was in the hands of someone good. And rockin said he randomized everything else so it's not THAT big of a deal.

tom i'm still waiting for your post

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Personally I don't see that much wrong with him picking roles. I know I had an idea for an SK role that I would want to make sure was in the hands of someone good. And rockin said he randomized everything else so it's not THAT big of a deal.

tom i'm still waiting for your post
But it wasn't to give to just for someone good. it was to test run the role itself. Out of all the roles, I was unsure as to how powerful this role might be. So I gave it to someone good to test it, and seeing as how that went, I know what I may need to do with him for future games.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Don't change the argument. You said that "he didn't have the right" to meta choose, which is complete bullhonky. It's his game, and he has the right to give out roles however he sees fit. Where are you going to draw the line, Hando?
At Random. You should be able to pretend you don't know any of them and just hand out the roles.

If you host a game and randomize all the roles, and your mafia consists of Eor, Tom, Mediocre, and KevinM, while your town consists of newer players, like Karthik_King, are you going to let it be a massacre? Or are you going to reroll?
Sucks to be town.

I've rerolled games in the BRoom before because the RNG basically just ****ED scum over. So if Rockin decided that he wanted to give a single role to a single person, albeit that person is me, I'm completely fine with it. You're wrong in saying that it isn't his right.
That's you guys. But I don't believe a mod has the place to meta their games. I'm not wrong, but you are not right.

Also, I'm not sure why this role needed to be "test run." It's a player with the most knowledge in the game, easy to play, easy to win, and it's out of convention enough where players don't expect right off a mafia traitor who can kill anyone he wants.

Mac- He did post.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
But it wasn't to give to just for someone good. it was to test run the role itself. Out of all the roles, I was unsure as to how powerful this role might be. So I gave it to someone good to test it, and seeing as how that went, I know what I may need to do with him for future games.
yes this is what i meant, i was thinking about testing my role out too, how else would you test the role out if you didn't give it to someone good...?

Mac- He did post.
He said he was gonna post his assessments of the game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay,

1st page has been updated a bit so you can go and look at the flavors.

also, kinda surprised no one fake nameclaim. I was pretty sure I had the time set on a specific type of universe (A Nintendo one). ahh well

If I do make another game, I will make some changes here and there so it can be enjoyable.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'll post that I'm in favor of randomization, but after randomizing it I would double check to balance it

I dunno anything else about this game I just saw a SK won, then saw there as an argument so I very briefly skimmed

Making Tom SK seems pretty fine to me, it's not like Rockin gave Tom unfair knowledge or anything (i assume as much). Kind of sucks that the person who beat everyone wasn't randomized like them, but I think that's crying over something that doesn't really matter, SK isn't an easy role

actually it has been called to my attention that people are complaining that the role was op and not that tom was given it. Actually looking at the role list would be too much attention required of me so just ignore this post

Top Bottom