• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madskillz313 Tournament May 26th! In Vancouver BC Canada!

clim

Smash Rookie
Could I get an exact address of the place and maybe the phone number of whoever's hosting this? I need to not get lost tomorrow on the way.

Dead Sexy Vocab

Smash Journeyman
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!

I CAN'T GO, ****! MY DAD IS HAVING HIS FRIGGIN' BIRTHDAY TOMORROW WHICH MEANS I HAVE TO BE THERE! ****!

Ugh, this is ridiculous.. friggin' ridiculous...

Sorry guys, now there'll be one less of a 4-stock chance going around for you...

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Nevermind he actually lives really close to me, I just take the 430 from metro and get off at knight then take the 41 knight bus down knight a block or two.

Cya there tomorrow everyone. I seriously better not get ******** brackets again.. -___-

2 tournaments in a row is enough.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you get me first round last time? That's not so bad. I'll often risk the tournament set and pick weird characters for me :p

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Robbie the reason you have crappy brackets but (not to be rude) tournaments are held like "highest seed vs lowest seed" or in our case "highest skill vs lowest skill" It is just to prevent the "best" players being eliminated in the first couple rounds.

Remember what happened to SFU? Roby ranked higher then EVERYONE except Manuel from Canada. Which IMO shouldnt happen. So thats an example of stupid brackets. Eric lost in 3 rounds.

For tomorrow I think we will either do a pools settings and do seedings for the brackets or plain random.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Ditto. To broke to go, mooched off everyone I know. Parents aren't giving me $$ anymore.

I'll just get knocked out after 2 matches as always, maybe next time..

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
About the seeding thingamajig, I think it should be done at every tournament, for the reasons John stated. If the tournaments in the states were seeded, then you'd get crap like "PC 1st, Ken 4th, Chu, 13th" and random crap. It sucks when the best have to face off in the first rounds, then should have to face each other in the finals. It's like if the stanley cup seeds pitted 1st against 2nd in each conference.

The Beef

Smash Cadet
Robbie the reason you have crappy brackets but (not to be rude) tournaments are held like "highest seed vs lowest seed" or in our case "highest skill vs lowest skill" It is just to prevent the "best" players being eliminated in the first couple rounds.

Remember what happened to SFU? Roby ranked higher then EVERYONE except Manuel from Canada. Which IMO shouldnt happen. So thats an example of stupid brackets. Eric lost in 3 rounds.

For tomorrow I think we will either do a pools settings and do seedings for the brackets or plain random.
I'm sorry the RANDOM brackets didn't play into your hands john. If you had my bracket you would be singing a different tune.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
GGs everyone, nice tourney. Yeah I liked the system where we did the pools purely for the seeding of the real bracket, and not for elimination.

Could you post more positions John? I had to rush out of there without viewing the final matches or the final bracket so I don't know where everyone placed.

BTW out of curiosity, either in losers bracket or in winners bracket, when are you supposed to start doing sets out of 5 matches? I've been hearing mixed messages about that >_>

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
So far from my knowledge.
1st John
2nd Eric
3rd Adam
4th Gimpyfish
5th Ryan
5th Scott?
7th Tiep

And the best of 5 starts at...
Winners Finals.
Losers Finals.
Grand Finals.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I thought Gimpy and Adam took one or the other out earlier on? Or was that winners brackets? So confused :S

I was thinking you did the brackets on your laptop so you would know the exact positions. But I guess you guys ended up doing the brackets on madskillz's computer or something.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
allll boowwwssseerrrrr woot woot

*wishes set with ryan was recorded and turn based match on flatzone was not*

actually, i hope the turn based battle was recorded... now that i think about it, i doubt it was, because the tv like asplodes when that vcr is done recording and thats what happened lol

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Bowser does not counter Fox and Keith PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT bring that stupid VCR again. It is REALLY gay because it turns off after it is done recording or rewinding.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me, who got the tapes and how much of the matches did we get?

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I don't even remember the last time BC did a results thread lol. You can make it tbqh!11!!!!!

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I totally forgot about this tourney. Instead I ended up in Aldergrove to get a haircut and play poker. I'm sad now because I wanted to play in a tourney with my Falco and try to improve some more.

sgtska

Smash Rookie
AWW FF!@#...just missed this torny. Guys im new to this forum and im from Coquitlam in BC. Im going to be holding a tornament soon, if you think you got what it takes you gotta join. i know about 6 other people who are really good, we play like every day. So i'll post here when its going down. I'll be making a FAcebook group also...if there already isont one...:ohwell:

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Around what day are you planning on holding it? Some of the players here are leaving for a few days to go to another tournament.

sgtska

Smash Rookie
im thinking it might be on june 15th...still gotta see if i can take over my house..my parents are *****es...but there will be 2 Tvs...mabye 3 or even 4....depending on how many people are gonna come.

sskilla

Smash Rookie
Nice to see more Yugioh players in BC. Im a student at David Thompson in Vancouver and 5 of my friends and I host local tourneys too. We usually go to Richmond (Landsdowne) and Connection Comics (Grandville 66th). If you guys wana start a tourney with more ppl we can all meet up one day and plan this together.

Top Bottom