• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I would like the spelling of my name to be sanchaz with an "a" before the "z", a lot of people spell it with the e
scumbag sanchaz:
tells people he didn't want to use an a instead of an e
*picture of sanchaz while he's mad*
wanted it the whole time.

yoshi *****. I"M COMING FOR YOU GIBBY THE MOUNTAIN.

My futon/sofa frame out of soda cans is about half-way done. I'm looking into getting some sort of padding for it.

Or do I strike a "wtf" without even trying?

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
That's pretty awesome, but won't the cushions destroy the carefully set up cans? Or are they strung/glued together?

And I cry for your poor teeth and gums; all that soda can't be good for them.

ORLY

Smash Master
even if they are glued together, they're not going to support someone's weight for any reasonable period of time. you have to support them with a frame of some kind

you can even hide the frame in the cans, ninja-style

cool chair though

john!

Smash Hero
i think it probably could. you've got 200 pounds (counting cushions and everything) spread out across at least 100 cans. the cushion would help disperse the weight, and the most pressurized column of cans would probably not be supporting more than 10 lbs. it takes way more than that to crush a can.

but i guess we'll have to find out... do it for science eric!

I didn't drink all of this soda at once. And it's actually a collaborative effort from a lot of different people. I'm just the one with enough time to put them all together.

For now, I am binding them with stripes of duct tape (stuff does everything). And, there has not been any issue with holding my weight. Just take any normal soda can and--without bending the middle--stand on it. It can take a lot of force so long as the walls of the can aren't dented inward or outward.

I'm going to be covering the entire thing in a layer of cardboard, so the cushions will simply rest on it.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
We're in Governance tomorrow as usual. I'm going to watch the movie in the Marquee, so I'll miss the first half at least. Also, I sliced my hand so I don't know if I can carry my TV without ripping open the wound.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
It's not as bad as Sync's; it's in between my index and middle fingers on my left hand so the only problem is I can't stretch my finger to hit L a lot or it starts to hurt.

tryhard

Smash Rookie
It's Jake, and I'm sweaty and ready for tomorrow.

I'm currently on page 1 of a 10 page, 1.5 inch spaced paper about how Smash Boards and the online community influences social interactions between members of the Smash Brothers Club here for my comm b class.

is this real life

vintage

Smash Cadet
What's going on over Thanksgiving? Anything?

I can't play Thursday, but might be willing to host over the weekend if there is interest...

sanchaz

Smash Lord
It's Jake, and I'm sweaty and ready for tomorrow.

I'm currently on page 1 of a 10 page, 1.5 inch spaced paper about how Smash Boards and the online community influences social interactions between members of the Smash Brothers Club here for my comm b class.

is this real life
haha! well jake, good luck on your paper.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
so we're just rats in a cage, waiting to be studied by social psychologists

good stuff

maybe you could write a paper on the psychological implications of sanchaz's sig
someone is a combination of salty and jealous. :awesome::cool:

yoshq

Smash Master
so we're just rats in a cage, waiting to be studied by social psychologists

good stuff

maybe you could write a paper on the psychological implications of sanchaz's sig
psychology huh.

who gets more depressed in their careers, therapists or social psychologists?

Top Bottom