• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Btw Just to make this Clear, M2k had never given me any Marth tips for MLG Dallas and if he did I have never listened to him. I don't know what M2king has told you, but I'll straight out say it , " he did not tell me anything about counter for Dallas nor did I even have a conversation with him at Dallas." Next time he'll tell you, Yea I also told Ken to counter pick on mute city. I already told you PC during our matches at Dallas, That I came prepared that day.If it's anything it's M2king who studies my video's online and even at tournaments, it's him who stares at the matches that I'm playing in. I don't think he can deny that.

If you listen to some of wife's commentary in the pc vs ken mlg ny sets, he describes 2 different types of play, "the inventor" and the "cameleon". Wife explains more in details if you want to listen in the videos.

There are people who base their game play and remember's exact combos to do exactly what %'s and there are those who just play and base their moves on last second thoughts. I've had convo's with m2king like after I played him during orlando and he said

M2k- whoa, I've never seen that before, Dash attack into grab back throw foward smash
Ken- oh I dunno, I just do whatever while playing, I dont remember set up combo's or anything
M2k- Yea but you could have nair, double Fairs, dairs etc etc.
Ken- ...... ???????? ok...
---end of convo-

anyways, If you looked at 2007, I've been out of the scene for who knows long. After MLG took smash off it's main tour, I decided to concentraite on my actually life and my career. And **** even my friends outside of smash. "Yes, I do have friends outside of this game." So excuse me for trying to get ahead in life. Smash had consumed my life for more than 4 years. People can say " oh that's a Major John " but look, I didnt even go to tournaments who were less than 15 minutes away from me. If you think people have caught up to my skill level, then you're right, there are plenty of talented players out there, but If you think I don't have the ability to compete with them , then you're wrong. Azen comes in time to time and just wins, he was a talented player from the beginning.

If I wanted to devote my life to smash like I used to and decided to go to tournaments I'd fall in the top 5. Not saying that I'd win, but I'd definately win/lose depending on how my day was. Think about it, I didnt even go to tournaments where Isai went to, and he was forced to team with someone else? Isai and I did pretty well in teams I'd say.

It's good that you're bringing up melee, but like King said, No one has had the consistancy of tournament placings that I've ever had nor the prize money that came with it. However, I'm talking about Brawl here, and since I'm graduating from college I might just have some spare time to travel once again.

Ken Out-
i was just going by what M2K told me LOL after my set he told me that he was the one that told u to spam counter when i approached with lasers weather or not you already had planned to do that or m2k was lying i don't really know just going by what he told me but yeah your right u said u came prepared vs my style so it could of been something you thought of after MLG NY although i don't see why m2k would lie =/.

Top 4 old school vs top 4 new school LOL isai ken azen chillin vs kdj m2k pc mango lets do this

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i wasn't lying

i definitely said that on aim, whether you listened to me or not, i know for a fact i said it i wouldn't just lie about that

i also know that I said that you can double jump nair and the 2 hits of nair (the 2nd hit particularry) will bounce fox/falco/etc. off the stage so you can easily edge guard them. I saw you do this to chillin in tourney at MLG Orlando on Fountain of Dreams on the right side of the stage, not very long after I told you about it. Coincidence or not I don't know, but I definitely said that. I don't know why this is a big issue, if you don't remember that's okay, but I'm sure I said both things. I liked you a lot and looked up to your Marth to get better and I wanted you to win, but now it seems you don't like me for some reason.

why does this thread have 22 pages it started from one person saying I'm going to be the best Marth in brawl. Guys I main DDD and I don't like this new game much, if it's not melee it doesn't greatly concern me anymore. I'll still try to compete and win, but my love for the game is gone. I'm sad that Ken said I only win cuz of tech skill, Ken you obviously don't know me well enough I used to be like that in 2006 but as time went on I learned more and more and continued doing that with random inconsistencies here and there but everyone has those.

I play a lot of characters pretty well you're completely wrong if you think I'm just tech skill, it happens to be way more fun and I like to cover options also, so I play like that. Regardless of what you do right now, you still have 3 years of tourney experience over me and that helps a lot, I don't know why it seems you think I don't have potential as a player or something, that made me really sad to hear that cuz I don't believe that at all.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Is crashboards the new TNT?

Too much high school drama. And most pros are in college by now or something.

No ones really going to care who's #1 at melee in a year or so.

hornysax

Smash Cadet
i wasn't lying

i definitely said that on aim, whether you listened to me or not, i know for a fact i said it i wouldn't just lie about that

i also know that I said that you can double jump nair and the 2 hits of nair (the 2nd hit particularry) will bounce fox/falco/etc. off the stage so you can easily edge guard them. I saw you do this to chillin in tourney at MLG Orlando on Fountain of Dreams on the right side of the stage, not very long after I told you about it. Coincidence or not I don't know, but I definitely said that. I don't know why this is a big issue, if you don't remember that's okay, but I'm sure I said both things. I liked you a lot and looked up to your Marth to get better and I wanted you to win, but now it seems you don't like me for some reason.

why does this thread have 22 pages it started from one person saying I'm going to be the best Marth in brawl. Guys I main DDD and I don't like this new game much, if it's not melee it doesn't greatly concern me anymore. I'll still try to compete and win, but my love for the game is gone. I'm sad that Ken said I only win cuz of tech skill, Ken you obviously don't know me well enough I used to be like that in 2006 but as time went on I learned more and more and continued doing that with random inconsistencies here and there but everyone has those.

I play a lot of characters pretty well you're completely wrong if you think I'm just tech skill, it happens to be way more fun and I like to cover options also, so I play like that. Regardless of what you do right now, you still have 3 years of tourney experience over me and that helps a lot, I don't know why it seems you think I don't have potential as a player or something, that made me really sad to hear that cuz I don't believe that at all.
M2k, don't you think Ken's behavior toward you is sort of warranted? You say you don't know why he treats you this way, but being a logical person, I think you could start to deduce some reasons. I'll even provide you some possibilities.

For starters, you seemingly tell stories about how Ken's success is implicitly partially attributed to you, whether you're implying it was one tourney or one match that you helped him win through your advice. In reality, it's probably not at all attributed to you. Very likely 0% attrbuted to you. Yet you state with such conviction these anecdotes that implicitly merit you. That's just... silly.

Another reason why he might carry this attitude toward you is that you beat him. Maybe he feels threatened by you, and rightfully so. Perhaps it's not even losing to you, but perhaps it's the way you accept your victory or your own self-confidence. Maybe it's something as simple as your lack of PC Chris brand charismatic humility?

Maybe it's because you're super defensive about things. Being defensive, in all walks of life, elicits aggression from your enemies. Of all things, why are you so defensive that you're being characterized as technical? Is that so bad, to be publicly known as the player with the most tangible skill of everyone? C'mon... empirically, you have to admit that, comparatively, you could be just about the most technical player in the world. So, phrasing that idiomatically, you pretty much are all technical, particularly from a comparative, relative frame of reference. Does it offend you that Ken states this fact about you, which pretty much parallels the general consensus, or that he leverages it over you as an inherent disadvantage?

Just trying to mitigate so that you guys might find a resolution, or at least peace of mind.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
i wasn't lying

if you want this to end. get 7 friends, a house and a video camera. invite ken over for some random reason. let 2 of your friends stand watch outside, while you kick ken's *** inside, for saying bad stuff about you on the internet, oh and video tape it too. thats the best way i can think of to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom