• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k's marth>fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hmm idk. This thread could go somewhere if we talked about what makes M2K's marth better than his fox, etc. M2K also posts here once in a while, so it'd be cool to see him explain to us what he thinks.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I talked to him and he said his Marth is better then his fox.. maybe he just feels more comfortable with it..

His marth is rapesauce on fastfallers

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I feel so happy now XDXDXD

Thanx KevinM I love u so much.....
...ok that sounded kinda faggish lmao.

oh btw add sum DMC-style edgeguarin' on that and you've got yourself sum fastfallers on a stick........mmmmmmmm.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
omg. omg. after watching those matches...theres no doubt in my mind his marth is better than his fox. His marth is by FAR the most creative marth i've seen. He does things I've never seen before, things I thought weren't practical. Wow. Idk how anyone can say his fox is better.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
M2K's transition to Marth over Fox IMHO stepped his game up to an entire new level. People he nearly never used to beat "PC, Ken, Chu" have been taken down by him lately, some, even multiple times in a row. He has also placed first and 2nd more in nearly every tourney he's been to the past 2 to 3 months as shown here

I've been watching his robotic Marth ever since I friendlied him for an hour nearly 3 months ago. The only online vids I really love to watch are M2K's marth. That's it.

Someone should post up M2K's Marth vs Ken's Marth in the MLG Crew Battle. I can't at the moment since my job gays youtube.

Honestly, I think people used to underate M2K horribly. If he keeps placing like this, maybe they'll finally give in. But how many times does he have to place 1st is the real question :dizzy:

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I would not say better then Ken.....Close but not quite...

But i think why M2K's Marth is so good is because he knows Fox and he knows Fox's HUGE
weakness: He gets combed so easy!!!
I think my sig is perfect lol....Maybe not....
Nice matches though...Laughed at the commentary!!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
lol the commentary:
"Whack, whack, whack"
"Oh man... oh man"
So frkin funny..... :laugh: :laugh:

Keitaro

Honestly, I think it would be cool if M2K tried Samus out. I wonder how that would go. The Marth is too good though.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
M2K's Marth is in fact better than Ken's at his prime. Some people won't agree...but think about it. M2K doesn't lose to Ken in Marth dittos, in fact Cactuar comes closer to beating M2K in Marth dittos thatn Ken. Ken's Marth is awesome, and his creativity is amazing...but did you see M2K's creativity? Marth is going to move up in the tier list because of him, I guarantee it.

Ken lost a lot of matches in MLG with his Marth, and he used Fox a lot. People have gotten much better since MLG, and M2K's Marth loses less than Ken's.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah, that video of M2K vs NEO is from when M2K was just starting to pick up Marth. I think that was like, November 2006?

I do well vs M2K's Marth only because I am his Marth ditto sandbag. I know his style better than he does >.>

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Regardless, you still do better against him than Ken does in Marth dittos. I hate to say it, but I really think M2K's Marth is better than Ken's. And people can't say "Ken created Marth, M2K bites off him." Cuz M2K's marth is wayy different than Ken's.

And TopCat, Ken's Marth is at it's prime.

Cactuar, you know M2K pretty well...which one is it, his fox or his Marth?

Keitaro

I'm just trying to figure out how you know Cactuar's better at Marth dittos with Mew2king then Ken.

@Cactuar: I wanna Marth ditto mm ya again at Smashtality 3 if your going. Getting slapped around by another Marth helps me learn and your funner to play than M2K cause your human.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Ken lost a lot of matches in MLG with his Marth, and he used Fox a lot. People have gotten much better since MLG.
So what is excluding Ken from getting better? I remember M2K saying his Fox was in a rut at MLG Vegas, who's to say Ken's Marth wasn't in a similar situation.

The fact of the matter is, they haven't played against each other in a while. We all know M2K has improved dramatically with Marth, always placing top two at major tournaments against the best the east coast has to offer. The only person that has consistently knocked him out is KDJ with Shiek, the same exact match to that seems to be the hurdle Ken is trying to pass at the moment (Those sets are close, with M2K and Ken each taking a game here or there and typically taking KDJ to his last stock, but losing none the less).

I've seen some what recent video of Ken JV four stocking Forward and I've seen video of M2K absolutely abusing PC's Falco. But you can't make any claims over who would beat the other in a ditto unless they actually do it.

Now, on to the subject of M2K's Marth better than Fox: I think his Marth is significantly better at the moment. Watching the last set he had versus KDJ, he still prefered to go Marth against Sheik up until the last match where he switched to Fox (also arguably his worst match of the set). To be more comfortable with a least favorable match up (strictly on character selection) shows he has greater confidence in my opinion.

But my opinion is rubbish. If you really want to know, some one ask him to post here. I'm sure he would if asked courteously.

EDIT: DAMM YOU FAST TYPERS!!!!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So what is excluding Ken from getting better? I remember M2K saying his Fox was in a rut at MLG Vegas, who's to say Ken's Marth wasn't in a similar situation.
Don't get me wrong virgilijus. To tell you the truth, (it's embarassing) but I'm a ken fanboy. Hardocore.:) I get all my stuff from him. Let me put it a different way. Ken can't beat M2K in Marth dittos, from what I've heard. Ken probably has gotten better, but I've heard he's switched from Marth to Fox, meaning he's probably practicing fox more than Marth.

@Rurounikeitaro- Ask Cactuar, he'll tell you.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I would never tell someone I do better than Ken at that matchup >.>

I just do well vs M2K because I play him constantly.

Ken has pretty much retired from the game, which is why M2K's Marth is probably better at this point.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you shouldn't base things off of vids esp mine or else that would mean im awful

i play marth more than fox because my mlg controller broke and it was too hard to use fox as well as i could before because of it, so i switched to marth, then made him my serious main. I know a lot of stuff about Marth other people don't because of all the time I spent playing/studying him and his matchups, but I'm always thinking of new stuff, and I still have a lot more stuff that I do and always think of ways to improve.

at MLG, my fox was just playing bad near the end of the day, I'm sure anyone who plays me on a regular basis can tell.

My marth is better than my Fox, but nobody knows me enough to be able to make conclusions off of anything, so stop attempting to, and just play the game and try to get better.

Also, my marth is only better because I play him more than fox, I personally think Sheik is better than both of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom