• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@M: Australian Tournament: Melbourne

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I dont think anyone was constantly at Naruto.. as I remember it, Naruto was abandoned midway through the meet, Cao and I tried to finish the paused match and turn it off, but the menu was all screwy. Lol, we tried for like 5 mins it seemed. The we just said screw it and turned the game off.

Also, what Cao says is true, in that he does pretty good vs higher tiered characters with his Bowser, but dont let the poor guy near anything low tier XD lol, thats his downfall. Myst you've made an impression on us too, you have a good future in smash ahead of you. You can be difficult to hit (**** Ness' fair!) and have an ok strategy usually. Good stuff.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
REMINDER

Please remember, those who are staying with the group must be on this list before January 3rd. Yes, the 3rd, I cut off a week to give myself more time just in case. If you want to stay with them, then PUT YOUR NAME DOWN on the following list:

1. Jon
2. Josh
3. Kenton
4. Mat
5. Mic
6. Ryan
7. Emily
8. Ian
9. David
10. Doug

I'm not responsible if you stupidly miss out. Your own fault if you do. Please remind your friends also, who may not have seen this to begin with.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And also a note to all you high schoolers - some of you still don't realise that the date set for @M is Monday, February the 14th - a school day.

Just a reminder. Ex highschoolers, Uni/TAFE students, and bums should have nothing to worry about. As for you future Year 12's the choice I leave up to you (wether you decide to attend or not).

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mat, where are you? I don't have your phone number, and I want to set a date for ticket buying... and possibly a small smashfest after. But the ticket buying's the important bit. There's only a few weeks to go.

And, we all need the practice. If I can't beat Em's Falco, and she doesn't think she can beat CJ, how am I going to? :p

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
I am here ....... whats up?!?!? Ive been in northcliff (get a map) since christmas so ive been out of the loop for a while, but now im back and ready to organise. Unfortunantly i am the bearer of bad news today, ill go through the things 1 by 1

1) I have spoken to kenton today, and it appears that he will not be able to come to the tourney. The time is really bad for him, he is starting a job around that time period, he doesnt have the money and he is unlikely to come. Because we are so close to the date, we are going to have to forget him completely and ignore all chances that he is able to come (god .... i hate saying that .. **** YOU KENTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

2) *good news* the perthites will be getting tickets tomorrow. Im speaking to ryan right now about it.

if anything else transpires i will be sure to keep you all updated.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Please tell me that 'tournament' does not mean @M in Feb tournament. If so then I'll have to take Kenton's name off the list (not until tickets are purchased however) and cry a river for him. I hope this is not the case however... =[

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
That is simply referring to the gathering for February's @M tournament. I want a complete list by January so I can seek a suitable residence before the date. The particpants on that list are from interstate, and will be staying a week or so.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I was just talking to CAOTIC, and I might be going to that January 10 fight! I really hope I'm allowed. :(
My mum said she wants ALL the details before I'm allowed to go, and even then there's a chance I won't be allowed, but we'll see.
So... yeah, hope to see you all there! Although I don't know any of you. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I'm probably the youngest. 14. :o
ph34r t3h 1337 c|-||l|).

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
'I have spoken to kenton today, and it appears that he will not be able to come to the tourney.'

I sorta expected that to happen

I haven't been able to stop thinking about @M lately. As soon as I get back from my trip, I'm gonna be getting straight back into smash, and that means many smashfests!

My Grandma rang the hotel today to ask how everything was, and said she had my exam results and asked if I wanted her to read the results out to me over the phone. Eep, I said no, I'd prefer to be the first one to know my results, especially if they aren't favourable ones. Mat, how did you and Kenton go if you don't mind discussing?

Em, do you have any way of getting those you vs ryan vids onto the net? Also, I'll do my best to beat you to second place =)

Anyway as far as how our travel plans have changed, we are staying in Myanmar for a bit longer, leaving here the 9th, and then going to Bangkok in Thailand for 2 days, then coming home on the 12th (1am in the morning or something).

Anyway we are all fine here and still having a good time and are glad that we are getting the extended time here because we have yet to see more of Myanmar, like the Shwedagon Pagoda (use google for more info) and this boat restaurant place that looks expensive. Anyway that's all from me for now, I'll be back in action in only a weeks time! I hope I haven't forgotten how to wavedash.

kupo

Smash Lord
Haha, I'm not aiming for second place. I aim to place higher than you >=].
Good to hear from you quez. Ryan wants you back already ^^.

Yeah, the BRGR [Ryan] vs ÃnBu [Em] vids will be up soon, most likely in a few days at max [providing that i don't **** up my comp] when installing the capture card [Yeah...got it for $99, and its got cool additional features]. Its worth every dollar and Cao, you're treating me to sushi and ramen the next time we go out on some occasion :p.

I'll capture all the vids and send them to ryz [or to anyone thats interested] and see which are good to be up for viewing pleasures ^_~.

theduffman

Smash Cadet
hey, kirby master, welcome to the site. I'm also new here, I've only been to one smash meet, and I'm also 14. If you'd be able to come to one of these things, that'd be absolutely brilliant.

I had a great time at the smash meet, there was nothing suss, no alcohol, drugs or anything. Everyone was really nice.

everyones at least a few years older, caotics probably told you, but its no big deal.

so... I turn 15 in feb, how bout you?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Mat, how did you and Kenton go if you don't mind discussing?
I got 82.60, which i am happy about. (btw, that means i beat 82.6% of Western Australia). I dont know what kenton got, cos he hasnt opened his letter yet, cos he is a wimp.

Anyway as far as how our travel plans have changed, we are staying in Myanmar for a bit longer, leaving here the 9th, and then going to Bangkok in Thailand for 2 days, then coming home on the 12th (1am in the morning or something).
the 12th? great, fts on the 13th then!!! :chuckle:

Originally by kupo:
when installing the capture card [Yeah...got it for $99, and its got cool additional features].
Whoa, well done, a capture card. I hope to see dc++ flooded with melbourne vids. and josh, where is the perth capture card??? HUH!!! the fact that you are in a foreign country that has just been hit by massive tidal waves does not excuse you from getting one.

Getting the tickets has turned out to be much more complicated than originally thought, cos we all cant agree on a date to go. thurs/fri/sat looks like a good time period though.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Ok! Details of the next meet!

Date: Monday, 10th January, 2005
Time: 12:00 pm onwards
Funds: A bit up in the air over this one. Bring $5 if you want to laze about at my house and get pizza or something else ordered for you. You can also eat beforehand, or there's a food court within 15 minutes walking distance from my house if your up for the walk. Either way, to be on the safe side, bring a little cash for food unless you don't mind going without.

My house is about 5-10 minutes walk from the station, drop me a line if you feel your going to get lost, and I can always pick you up. If you need my contact number, or anything else:

Contact Details:
mystdreamer@hotmail.com [msn/email]

The 10th isn't too long from now, so get organized! =p

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its worth every dollar and Cao, you're treating me to sushi and ramen the next time we go out on some occasion .
I want Ramen! If it looks tasty in a cartoon, I'm sure it's tasty in real life ^^.

Whoa, well done, a capture card. I hope to see dc++ flooded with melbourne vids. and josh, where is the perth capture card??? HUH!!! the fact that you are in a foreign country that has just been hit by massive tidal waves does not excuse you from getting one.
We haven't had much luck getting one, because if one of us opens Josh's case to install one, it'll void his warranty. If you want, I can install a capture card in my comp, and we can transfer it to Josh once his warranty expires :D

Getting the tickets has turned out to be much more complicated than originally thought, cos we all cant agree on a date to go. thurs/fri/sat looks like a good time period though.
I intentionally haven't made any plans for any days yet, for the sole purpose of buying those tickets. You and mic sort it out =P.

Btw, if we need to pay Josh's ticket on a day when he's not back yet, I have enough money to pay for him too. He can pay me back ^^. (Just hope we don't need ID or something)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
You wont need any ID to buy for a person not present, if thats what you mean. The people will gladly take your money with a smile. I know they did for us. I can still remember the full name of the person who served me when I organised Perth trip to begin with =D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
TIME EXTENSION: FINAL LAP! ... FINISH!

Ok, so I left open the door till today, but the list is now CLOSED! Anyone who is stupid, or late must contact me directly by phone if they want to be put on now. Ask someone who knows my number or if you see me on MSN that will do also.

Here is the complete list -
1. Jon
2. Josh
3. Kenton
4. Mat
5. Mic
6. Ryan
7. Emily
8. Ian
9. David
10. Doug

Maybe we can squeeze into 2 rooms, but it depends on their size and price. 3 may be best. I'll start looking tomorrow.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe we can squeeze into 2 rooms, but it depends on their size and price. 3 may be best. I'll start looking tomorrow.
More rooms means more TV's and more smash. Less rooms means less price. I'm sure you'll work it out ^^.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about @M lately. As soon as I get back from my trip, I'm gonna be getting straight back into smash, and that means many smashfests!
Hurry back Josh, Peach is soooo fun to verse as Yoshi!

kupo

Smash Lord
2 Rooms means that we'll have to bring extra TV's and GC's...maybe. But hey, if it costs us less, I'm up for it.

I just hope that our stuff don't get stolen >_>.

Oh yeah, I've got two vids captured so far in decent quality. I'm sick of seeing my first match with Ryan as sheik [FD], so that won't be up in a while...or not. I'll be sending them to Cao since he has a better connection than anyone else that has 56gay. But if you're patient enough, d/l it off me [DC name "Anbu"]. And search for:

Kupo [Sheik] Vs BringerOfDeath [Yoshi] 02 - 18mb.

Kupo [Peach] Vs BringerOfDeath [Yoshi] 01 - 26mb or something lol.

*~*Edit*~*

In case you haven't noticed, I've captured another 3 vids.

Falco Vs Yoshi
Peach Vs Yoshi 02
Sheik Vs Yoshi 01

lol You're telling me, G...XD
...Eventually sir...eventually.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nice. Thanks for the vids Emily, they are quite admirable and entertaining to watch (even though I've already seen an hours worth of it before). Your peach still rocks hardcore no matter what you say >=]

Yeah I'll treat you to sushi and ramen at your local Ichiraku, hehe. I'm actually quite impressed you got the whole capture card business running by yourself - I didn't help at all really (probably only assisting in helping you vent your spleen). Your sig will be ready very soon - it still needs more finetuning, so thanks for your patience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 10th and Happy Birthday to everyone having their birthdays within the next few days. Swish.

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
quick

hey guys I have to be brief cause you pay for internet on the go when your back packing....

I am not staying at the uni on the 10th, and I could use a place to stay if anyone can help me out. I promise good smash the entire night if u let me stay! Soon as I get off the plane from cairns I need a place to go if anyone decides they wanna help. And if were having a smash meet, I want a team partner for the day >:) haha Thanks Yeroc for the shiek comment, you better wait on that tourny for me.

BTW
I need a bit to warm up as yall have been playing and I haven't even seen a game cube for about a month now haha.

Cya on the 10th everybody, probably at night (late)

So sleep all day and smash all night with me.

Cyasz

theduffman

Smash Cadet
announcement: ryan/duffman/that 14yo kid has a ds! I heard another person had a ds but didn't bring it, if its true, please bring it. I haven't played any multiplayer so far and probably you haven't either, it could be great.

and I hadn't played mario 64 ever before so you can't say its not a worthwhile purchase.....

and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow [edit: 2 days time], hopefully being slightly less crap than last time :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A DS!!!! *Tackles to the ground* Iwantitiwantitiwantit! I played one the other day when we got our tickets. The guy at EB had one. **** it was sweeeet!

Uh...Go @M?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
XD!!!!!!!

Mat's ID for the plane trip has his name spelt wrong! He is officially (for the flight anyway) Matt!!! Two T's!!! Bwahahaha! ;)

announcement: ryan/duffman/that 14yo kid has a ds! I heard another person had a ds but didn't bring it, if its true, please bring it. I haven't played any multiplayer so far and probably you haven't either, it could be great.
... Um, they've released that? Or did you buy from overseas?

In any case, I will have one of those. As soon as humanly possible.

Em, it's awesome you've got some vids up now. It took you about 2 days to do what we've been procrastinating about for ages. Well done. ^^

W00t! Yoshi vids up! :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You had better be prepared to let other people use it. Share iiiiiiiiit! *Waves fist in a sharing manner*

EDIT: Heh heh. Matt.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Re: quick

Originally posted by Betobeblm
I am not staying at the uni on the 10th, and I could use a place to stay if anyone can help me out. I promise good smash the entire night if u let me stay! Soon as I get off the plane from cairns I need a place to go if anyone decides they wanna help. And if were having a smash meet, I want a team partner for the day >:) haha Thanks Yeroc for the shiek comment, you better wait on that tourny for me.
If you somehow get this before lets say, a phone call, I can put you up for the night, no problem. Meet's at my house, so you can drop me a reply anytime in between.

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
crap

ok here is my situation...

I get into melbourne at midnight tonight and then I have to fly out at 8:15 am...

so that leaves just about 8 hours in melbourne..

So I dont think that is really gonna work out unless anyone is truly desperate to play me or something and wants to pick me up...

I am just probably gonna sleep at the airport unless any of you have a suggestion...

Cya laterz!!

If you want to reply, do so before 5pm

then i'll be headed to the airport. thanks

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
What?!?!?! I typed this huge post about our tickets and stuff, and it just dissapeared!! ARRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!

i cant be bothered typing out that whole post again, so ill just do the arrival/departure dates

Arriving at tullamarine airport in melbourne on the 11th of feb at 1850 (6:50pm) Melbourne time

Leaving from tullamarine airport in melbourne on the 18th of feb at 1340 (1:40pm) melbourne time

there we go. thats all you guys need to know. We need enough cars/transport to shuttle 4 perthites + luggage.

btw, mic, in your sig, broadband is spelt wrong. Its broadband ... broad .... band .... not broardband.

kupo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I should post this at ATT but it fits here nicely ^^

Anyhoo, Bobby came around today in the afternoon with CAOTIC [Izabudu LOL], MystWalker, Shaz and Cella. Haha, it was funny how Shaz made up stupid move restrictions rules [only using the one move to kill]. I can't help but remember how funny when Bob played Samus and Shaz as Falcon.

"OK! I'll kill you with a Falcon Punch and you kill me with D-throw!" ~ Shaz

"What the h*ll?!" ~ Bobby

XD

The best moment EVER was when Shaz asked Bobby to wavedash backwards five times. He did and he accidently dodged over the edge! XD. Oh man, that time just reminds me of the spherebreak mini-game when Shaz played it for me [2+3 = 6?]. LOL :p

Fox vs Samus is a broken matchup. But then again, everything's broken in the game ^^. Majority, Shaz' Fox got 3/4 stocked by Bob's Samusssss. tut tut.

Ah, no vids this time will be up unfortunately. While, we did record some, however, Bob and myself were not sastisfied with them. But he'll be back on the 15th, and we'll smash for the whole day...probably and we'll be sure to record at least a few decent matches...
Don't leave it til the last minute!! Break that habit foo'! =P

Before i go, Mickee Gee, I beat Bobby's Samus with Peach for you! <3. ^^.

Aight, I'm outta here...

*~*AnBu*~*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Finally i'm home after 2 days of hardcore smash.

Props to Bobby for delaying his New Zealand departure to smash it with us. It was fun getting ***-whipped in Melee, lol.

The meet yesterday was great too (thanks much Myst for the hospitality - it must've driven your sisters insane) and I made my point with Bowser. No, he doesn't suck that much arse.

We should arrange a smash meet for this 15th which happens to break from tradition and not be on a Monday. A Saturday smashfest is impending. Then perhaps Bobby can get a taste of the other members of the Melbourne smash community... and bash us all.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Just catching up on the gossip. Thought I'd leave you guys a little note so that you know I am actively searching for a place to stay as you read. (more than likely) I'm off to check out another few places tomorrow including one that sounds rather promising. We'll see if it looks any good though.

Oh, and Mic, save some of that effort from posting and devote it to smash practice. You'll be the Yoda of smash in no time =p

Only jk

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
About which bit? The getting good as smash bit? Or me stoping posting? ;)

Top Bottom