• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi would be the best character in the game if...

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't for his traction..

I mean COME ON. This character kills you at 90% and combos you to 90% at 0%. NO ****en joke.

Underrated Like hell.

Player-1

Smash Legend
He IS the best character in the game.

All the Luigi mains just sandbag so they don't get him banned. BUT I KNOW YOU'RE SECRET LUIGI BOARDS!

SuperSonicRider

Smash Rookie
I don't find his traction to be a huge problem since I either shield, Up-Smash, or Jump out of his dash. The only thing that really sucks about him is his air speed, which screws his recovery ten-fold. It's sorta excusable by his low-gravity-ish-ness, but not by much because it can sometimes get him gimped easily.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth and Metaknight would still screw over Luigi pretty badly if he had normal traction, and he would be disadvantaged to Diddy Kong.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Luigi....

I find his Traction Problem to be Helpful
Good for sliding Up smash

He just needs more speed

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
He IS the best character in the game.

All the Luigi mains just sandbag so they don't get him banned. BUT I KNOW YOU'RE SECRET LUIGI BOARDS!
You better keep your mouth shut or we're going to have to lock you up with the rest.

And lol A2Z apparently Marth isn't a problem anymore. Lrn2Biglou.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lol, Marth was never on the same league of difficultly as MK. Heck, i'm 100% certain that Luigi can conquer (not get toally *****) any matchup in the game not named MK (as of yet, but we'll improve soon enough in that matchup)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You better keep your mouth shut or we're going to have to lock you up with the rest.

And lol A2Z apparently Marth isn't a problem anymore. Lrn2Biglou.
You tell em LuigiKing... now we just have to silence him in the ADHD thread...

Boss didn't know what to do but I think we can handle this without him...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm just saying, Luigi's traction really doesn't make a huge difference as to how good he is. It just changes how you're supposed to use him. Either way with or without low traction, you have to rely on a lot of trickery and fundamental options to get past superior zoning games.

alpharomeo

Smash Rookie
am just a new online player desperate for some to play with send me your friend code in my private inbox and ill definetly add you tonite my friend code is 0603-9112-8425

SuperSonicRider

Smash Rookie
am just a new online player desperate for some to play with send me your friend code in my private inbox and ill definetly add you tonite my friend code is 0603-9112-8425
A bit off topic :) If you wanna brawl, visit the "New New Members Fight Arena" under the "Meet & Greet" section on the forums.

Top Bottom