• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi QA - RIP Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark"

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Despite not being a Luigi main I hear Bamesy is going so if anyone wants to drive us that'd be sweet :bee:

Vist

Smash Champion
i really want to go to ROM but idk if i can. I have a class on Sundays without much room for absences etc =(

btw, against link I probably wouldn't avoid approaching. You should be really careful with how you approach but I would aim to get link feeling so incredibly pressured... I mean once you get in then link will have a hard time spamming projectiles and all that..

also thanks @ blea gelo :)

Vist

Smash Champion
lol i know, right?

that's part of reason why I usually don't bother posting advice

but I mean specifically with this match-up you gotta be more like passive aggressive and in a lot of match-ups I'm generally just aggressive, whether or not it's actually the most effective thing to do lol

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
lol i know, right?

that's part of reason why I usually don't bother posting advice

but I mean specifically with this match-up you gotta be more like passive aggressive and in a lot of match-ups I'm generally just aggressive, whether or not it's actually the most effective thing to do lol
Regardless it is always the most entertaining.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
His teammate and potentially Clyde, potentially another dude from his region.
Ask Wife maybe?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Yeah I am going to RoM, see you there then Wenbo!

Luigi still counts as a main for me I think. I picked him up again a couple weeks ago so 5/6 months of rust should be gone by now I hope. It's looking good so far, and I'll have more playtime to catch him back up easily.

Yeah I'd tell everyone to be more aggressive too Vist!

The best players are all passively aggressive for a reason. It's the only way to use every possible opportunity they leave open and the only way to force open the max amount of quality opportunities all at the same time.

:)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wah BAMESY

Money matches / friendlies all around

We must find some way to meet up
I'm tall and Asian
Winston is Asian and has very long hair

xD

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations Vist for winning that tournament!
I hope you guys come to genesis 2 so we can play.
I feel i play agressive and flashy, lately i've been doing taunt tech-chase to shoryuken, d-tilts egdeguards and dair to up-b >.>.<.<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O man, Spiderman tie

I feel like I should wear a big sign on my back telling people who I am

Vist

Smash Champion
man, winston reppin that luigi at ROM

wish i could have gone and played all you dudezz :c

Congratulations Vist for winning that tournament!
I hope you guys come to genesis 2 so we can play.
I feel i play agressive and flashy, lately i've been doing taunt tech-chase to shoryuken, d-tilts egdeguards and dair to up-b >.>.<.<
thanks man

I'll try to come to Genesis 2 but I'll be at pound 5 at the very least

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
man, winston reppin that luigi at ROM
more like getting the luckiest bracket and squandering =(

It's kind of comical that Pakman had to play KK and Unknown (two Luigi murderers, I've heard) and I had to play Banks and Benteezy and couldn't get it done

I'm happy that I made bracket though.

Luigi shoutouts:

Pakman - Luigi dittos in teams are pretty silly when spacies are fighting on the other side xD
Vudujin - thanks for teaching me about soft nair combos, its unfortunate how your r1 pool went (especially that meteor dair vs dj...) also I had to cheer for Wenbo in your match, I live with the guy =P
Bamesy - I can see why you have a hard time explaining your stuff on the forums, your playstyle is toooo unconventional. Good stuff

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Nice playing most of the Luigis at ROM
Never found Pakman for friendlies though ... :c
Never got to play YOUR Luigi though.
Was hoping to, next time though. :D

Did you play Sion? I heard he played a Luigi but don't remember who he played.
Unfortunately he had some good Luigi murder practice through me too. lol

more like getting the luckiest bracket and squandering =(

It's kind of comical that Pakman had to play KK and Unknown (two Luigi murderers, I've heard) and I had to play Banks and Benteezy and couldn't get it done

I'm happy that I made bracket though.

Luigi shoutouts:

Pakman - Luigi dittos in teams are pretty silly when spacies are fighting on the other side xD
Vudujin - thanks for teaching me about soft nair combos, its unfortunate how your r1 pool went (especially that meteor dair vs dj...) also I had to cheer for Wenbo in your match, I live with the guy =P
Bamesy - I can see why you have a hard time explaining your stuff on the forums, your playstyle is toooo unconventional. Good stuff
LOL Yeah that kind of sucked, I was playing Unknown in friendlies with Luigi RIGHT before Pakman played him.
I did the same thing at Genesis, my ONLY match on day 2 was against Xelic RIGHT before Pakman played him.
I'm just a curse for you, sorry Pakman! :O
<3

lol thanks. I grew up playing random until Augustish then started picking up characters bit by bit and play this game once a month max.
I get ****ed up for a long time before I can compete decently. Unless it's doubles lol, you can't really get 0-death comboed due to bad DI in doubles and it's tough to combo people, advantage, ME! lol

Anybody got vids from ROM?
There's a few of me in doubles, but no singles yet.
I'll find them sometime. :p

I'll PROBABLY go to Genesis 2, but I've got school ending around the same time. Hope the dates line up :O

I got a blister on my finger and it started to bleed at ROM LOL
I am NOT AT ALL conditioned to play more than like...2 hours of smash a week.
A tourney of that scale is like...MAX gaming capacity for me. Gotta play more so I'm ready to play that much when I need to. LOL

You guys are epic, got the right stuff and good heads for the game.
KEEP AT IT.
It's Jiggs month starting next week, so I have 1 more week to use Luigi before I switch AGAIN!
Arpe

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wait, were you under the impression I had a Luigi :laugh: I got to play you as Falcon but I should've tried my Fox too
I just post here because Winston mains Luigi.

I did get a good amount of playtime with Sion though, it was super helpful.

Luigi he played was probably Winston xD

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, Falcon cheapness meaning I missed all my knees haha

If they have lack of Luigi exp you just use those cheap Luigi tactics that work on everyone without Luigi exp hehe

Uthrow -> missed the DI -> Usmash -> miss the tech -> Dsmash -> missed the DI -> Uair -> survival DI -> Nair -> go straight up -> Uair -> Survival DI -> Dair finish

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Or the chops looking like Sheik's slap
Until you learn to DI then it turns into like ... worse than backthrow haha

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Well, Falcon cheapness meaning I missed all my knees haha

If they have lack of Luigi exp you just use those cheap Luigi tactics that work on everyone without Luigi exp hehe

Uthrow -> missed the DI -> Usmash -> miss the tech -> Dsmash -> missed the DI -> Uair -> survival DI -> Nair -> go straight up -> Uair -> Survival DI -> Dair finish
I refuse to do that...

It's a pet peeve of sorts that I won't do things just because others don't know how to deal with it.

That's MY thing. I'm the one that doesn't know how to deal with things and I know how lame it is to be abused for it, so I'll fight through it and not make others have trouble over gayness.

AKA, systems don't work for me, I **** with mindgames that don't involve lack of knowledge...

It makes me get better faster than anybody else that plays this game..

Too good.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Well, I think playing to improve is just as important/more important than playing to win, so I get where Bamesy is coming from for that. But...

I feel like all the "only works vs. people who don't know how to DI vs Luigi" stuff is just an easier version of the stuff you'd do anyway. So in tournament, if my opponent doesn't have Luigi experience, I just kind of toggle on the cheapness switch.

In friendlies/vs. Wenbo who gets out of most of the easy gimmicky stuff I get to/am forced to diversify, experiment, and learn.

The other reason I disagree is that I feel like by picking a low tier, you're implicitly signing up for taking as much advantage of the surprise factor as possible. Otherwise, it's just not worth it when you could be playing a better character, even if the character plays to your strengths or whatever.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I play 1/50th the amount than probably anyone else active on these forums does.
Probably less than 1/50th for most. LOL
I've only been playing for a couple years, mainly against people worse than me.
Travelling 8 hours for smash is bleh. :[
I can take matches off almost any player with up to 12 or so different characters.
Yet to play someone who I couldn't. :p

It goes for everything.
Everyone builds a 'safety net'
Something that holds them at a certain level and what they can do beyond that is what makes them better than another player with a system in place that can match theirs.
The best and worst players in the world (at everything from music to smash to sports etc) all create a foundation for themselves that can level them at a minimum.

That's what a SYSTEM is.
A STEM for what grows passed it.
No matter how much you work on your system, if you can't go PASSED it, then you won't get anywhere.
It's the only reason that Melee is the only game I ever play.
No matter how strong a system is, if someone has what it takes to get PASSED it, then you have to have something passed your own system to win.
Give me long enough and I'll break any system, if what's beyond the system isn't adjusting fast enough to me, then I'll eventually get passed it all.
Goes for everything from lucky to locals.

I've yet to be proven wrong. In any aspect of life.
Hence I'll always play 1/20th the amount of anyone, and always be right along side the best after I sit down with them and crack them open enough to pick apart the insides.
MUHAHAHAHAH
Goes from everything in life. Anyone can do it, people just get stuck in their own crap.

:)
teehee

Top Bottom