• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
You mean this picture?

Chrom, you really are a dork, aren't you?

I guess you could chalk it up to Robin rubbing off on her a bit, coming up with her own "its time to ________" oneliner.

Though if we are linking funny fanart now, I still think this might be the single best one for F!Robin being Lucina's mother.

Also, help. I am trapped by the desire to make every single character useful in FE:A. I am spending hours grinding. This is what led to my insanity playthrough capping 100 hours. Help.
Yes, that's the one.

And that second one always makes me laugh. It's just perfect and Chrom in a nutshell.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Sorry if I'm coming off as an obsessive Lucina fanboy, I just really liked the confession scene a lot and seeing more of her character was a big standout.
Oh, it's quite alright, especially considering you are among like minded individuals who share in being obsessive Lucina fanboy and fangirls. Please, feel free to gush and talk about how much you enjoy Lucina as a character. You are among friends here. ^_^

:happysheep:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
SUPER BASH SISTERS!!!

If you don't understand the reference, here's the clip from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I mostly use Pixiv, but sometimes Tumblr and very, very rarely DeviantArt. Mostly Pixiv, though. Sometimes I'll Google, but only if I can find the original source and source it.

Speaking of Tumblr, found this gem from Know Your Meme.

Here is the original artist on Tumblr who didn't say that they were uncomfortable with their art being shared but I will source it anyway.

Also, I think someone posted the Chrom and Lucina version of this already, but also:
Same as above, different artist.
You know, I'd love to have two Morgans.

Addonexus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-4322-5753
You mean this picture?

Chrom, you really are a dork, aren't you?

I guess you could chalk it up to Robin rubbing off on her a bit, coming up with her own "its time to ________" oneliner.

Though if we are linking funny fanart now, I still think this might be the single best one for F!Robin being Lucina's mother.

Also, help. I am trapped by the desire to make every single character useful in FE:A. I am spending hours grinding. This is what led to my insanity playthrough capping 100 hours. Help.
Omg this. I've done 2 classic normal playthroughs and have 150 hours played. I'm 2 and a half hours into my hard classic game, and I still go back to one of them to work on Spotpass teams, Dlc, and unnecessary reclassified. I haven't even looked at lunatic yet. Goodbye life!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm new around these Lucina forums and I'd have to say that I came here to talk about Lucina and Fire Emblem in general, but I'm gonna stay for all this wonderful art about Lucina and fire Emblem. Seeing as how the Robin boards are, I think I'm gonna like this place.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That Meta Knight comic was hilarious and adorable. I also love the ending picture.

As for move changes. Maybe give her the stance from awakening as her idle pose and as others said, incorporate the pairing into the final smash with either Chrom or Morgan and have the anime cutin and have her say some of the critical hit quotes. Specifically "I say when it end or hope will never die" As those are my favorite quotes.

Also, my Robin married Lucina! Yay! And I also got Morgan on my team. I also loved all the support conversations between Robin and Lucina, especially the last one. I can see why you guys like to have the two be together.

I also thought the second support conversation between Chrom and Lucina was adorable when they were talking about family life. By the way, what did you guys think of the confession scene and when she saved Chrom from the assassin? I really liked it and I felt my blood flowing from how epic and emotional it was. That scene where she cries was very touching and the part when she explains about what happened in her timeline was dark and a "woah" moment when you see the cutscenes of what is happening.

Lucina really stands out to me as a character now seeing more of her and some of her qualities remind me of myself. I'm a person that wants to say certain things but only with people I know would understand or believe in those types of thoughts. I also value ones I love a lot which would be my family and cousins and I hate seeing others get hurt and like to help those in need and feel sympathy for them. I am very empathic and I am someone who believes in hope or is an optimist when that moment happens. Lucina has many of those qualities like how Optimus Prime does and I like that I relate to those characters and are some of the reasons I like them a lot. She's a very symbolic character to what was happening with fire emblem at the time and that symbolism is why I like R.O.B not just as a fighter, but a character in general. It's a quality that stands out to me.

She's become one of my favorite characters of all time and all of her quotes really stand out to me and to me is a mix of Future Trunks and Optimus Prime, which by the way, Prime is my favorite cartoon character of all time. Very refreshing to see a well written female protagonist and not mention Laura Bailey does an excellent job as Lucina. She completes the character just like how Peter Cullen does Optimus Prime to me. Man I'm glad I bought Fire Emblem Awakening as I have been obsessed with it and it's so much fun and glad to be fully a part of the fan base.

Sorry if I'm coming off as anobsessive Lucina fanboy, I just really liked the confession scene a lot and seeing more of her character was a big standout.

Also, Anna is a funny character with the most hilarious critical hit quotes. I always laugh when I hear them and the quotes "ch-Ching" and "I make deep cuts" are the funniest quotes. And Female Morgan has a very adorable picture when she smiles with her eyes closed. How about you guys?
Everyone here loves Lucina! Also bonus points for Transformers.
Robertman2, your new icon is pure adorable.

Not much going on right now. Just alternating between grinding Laurent in my first file and grinding Morgan in my Robin/Lucina one. I'm already almost to the build I want for Laurent. That bonus box is a life saver for grinding.
Damn straight, it's adorable!
Yeah, thats confession scene where Lucina admits who she is, probably one of the most touching scenes in the game. There are only two moments I like more, both of which are Robin x Lucina specific moments (one in the main game, one in a DLC). Though that confession probably has the single best line in the entire game: "You deserved better from me than just one sword and a world of troubles".

You really have to think just what Lucina went through since the appeared at the start of the game up to where she revealed who she was. Getting to see her parents again, alive, but without them recognizing her. Having to spend two years keeping her distance, not being able to tell them who she is. Two years of being alone, not knowing what happened to her friends, since they went into the portal with her but didn't come out on the other side (since the rest of them ended up at different places and different points at time, some even years before or after she arrived). And the entire time she managed to keep all that in, to do what she had to. So when she finally revealed who she was its not wonder she let everything out at that one moment. Not to mention that she really needed that hug.

One of the advantages of pairing Lucina with Robin is that it leads to character growth that otherwise does not happen in the game, which I won't spoil for you. This can be found if you ever see the romance specific conversations she had with Robin in the Hotspring Scramble DLC map, followed by another scene in chapter 21 (both of which are the two best scenes I mentioned before). I say in that order since the conversation in the DLC actually forshadows the chapter 21 scene a bit, and makes the outcome even more meaningful. Just when you get to that scene make sure to have Robin select "yes". since while it doesn't really change the outcome, the dialogue is better in that version than if you say "no". Sorry if I am being vague, since I do not wish to spoil it.

And yes, Morgan is completely adorable.

Side note: I am slightly miffed that Lucina's Final Smash has her say "Time to change fate" rather than the proper quote of "I challenge my fate!"
MORGAN!!! SO ADORABLE!!!!
Male Morgan is my favorite Awakening character and female Morgan is my second favorite. Morgans are the best.

Too... Cute... Must... Save... Must... Not... Squee...

Little Lucina picture time!

Source

Source

And I know I've posted this before, but I'm posting it again because I love this picture so much.

Source

MORGAN'S PAJAMAS AND LUCINA BEING ALL DETERMINED AND THE TAGUEL PLUSH JUST... Gaaah. I might make this my icon once Halloween is over I love this picture so much.
The second one... :DDDDD
Also, I bet there's a jealous future!Lucina watching them in that pic.
I'm new around these Lucina forums and I'd have to say that I came here to talk about Lucina and Fire Emblem in general, but I'm gonna stay for all this wonderful art about Lucina and fire Emblem. Seeing as how the Robin boards are, I think I'm gonna like this place.
Welcome! Feel free to post fanart and ship Robin and Lucina with us!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Welcome fellow Lucina player, fanboy, admirer, whatever you want to call yourself, we are very glad to have you. Feel free to gush over Lucina, like many of us have already, post fan art, join in Awakening conversation, ect. Have fun and stay classy!

Oh and here's a pic of Lucina to commemorate your arrival to our humble social thread. Enjoy! :happysheep:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Welcome fellow Lucina player, fanboy, admirer, whatever you want to call yourself, we are very glad to have you. Feel free to gush over Lucina, like many of us have already, post fan art, join in Awakening conversation, ect. Have fun and stay classy!

Oh and here's a pic of Lucina to commemorate your arrival to our humble social thread. Enjoy! :happysheep:

That's an awesome picture. Also, I wish most of these pics would show up. Stupid school blocking tumblr and Pixiv. Anyone want to reupload them on a different site so I can see them?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna isn't there going to be a new chapter of A Future Disowned today?
Yes there will be. Just need to get home and do one last edit then I should be good to go to post it

I sadly had to split this chapter into two parts, since I was only half way done at it was already at the normal length and I knew I could not get a chapter twice as long as normal done on time. I will be posting the next chapter in a week though to make up for the split

EDIT: And now, the chapter for a Future Disowned is now up! Go read it and please either review or tell me here what you think.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Oh, it's quite alright, especially considering you are among like minded individuals who share in being obsessive Lucina fanboy and fangirls. Please, feel free to gush and talk about how much you enjoy Lucina as a character. You are among friends here. ^_^

:happysheep:
Thanks! You guys are the best and it's fun being here. Also the fan art here is fantastic as well. Especially now that I can really appreciate it more now that Lucina is my favorite video game character.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Everyone here loves Lucina! Also bonus points for Transformers.

I laughed a bit when you crossed out the transformers bit. "Till all our one!"

I just got Owain on my team and oh my goodness is his character amazing just from seeing him the first time. He's one of the most bizarre characters I have ever seen and it's no wonder he's a fan favorite. "RADIANT DAAAAWWWWNNNN!" And the whole hand thing is amazing. I was laughing a lot from his dialogue and his support conversations with Lissa and Stahl.

Edit: sorry if this is double posting.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Happy Halloween my fellow Lucina fanboys and fangirls! What are you all doing this evening to celebrate this spooky holiday?

I know for myself, I'm probably going to eat a bunch of candy, play some Castlevania games, cause I'm too much of a pansy to play scary games, and just take it easy. ^_^

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I just got Owain on my team and oh my goodness is his character amazing just from seeing him the first time. He's one of the most bizarre characters I have ever seen and it's no wonder he's a fan favorite. "RADIANT DAAAAWWWWNNNN!" And the whole hand thing is amazing. I was laughing a lot from his dialogue and his support conversations with Lissa and Stahl.

Owain is a lot of fun. All of his supports I've done are absolutely great, too.
Happy Halloween my fellow Lucina fanboys and fangirls! What are you all doing this evening to celebrate this spooky holiday?

I know for myself, I'm probably going to eat a bunch of candy, play some Castlevania games, cause I'm too much of a pansy to play scary games, and just take it easy. ^_^
This picture is so pretty!

I'm just being lazy. I might watch a movie or two for the season.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm just being lazy. I might watch a movie or two for the season.
Oh that sounds nice! ^_^ I've been given the illustrious position of candy giver so I'm kinda limited to what I can do for the next 2 hours or so but at least I have a computer nearby so I'm not entirely bored. :p I also get an excuse to finally wear my Mario hat from Club Nintendo so that's cool haha! XD Next year I plan on having a Robin costume! :3

Shaymikyu

Oh that sounds nice! ^_^ I've been given the illustrious position of candy giver so I'm kinda limited to what I can do for the next 2 hours or so but at least I have a computer nearby so I'm not entirely bored. :p I also get an excuse to finally wear my Mario hat from Club Nintendo so that's cool haha! XD Next year I plan on having a Robin costume! :3
I'd love to dress up as Robin, but I have a feeling no one would know who I was even with SSB.:laugh: I'm thinking of dressing as one of the Pokémon trainers next year since many of them have casual outfits that I could wear on campus easily.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Reviews take time, they don't just shower on people immediately. Patience.
Fair enough, just sorta bugs me when I'm getting like 500-600 view in a day when I post a chapter, and practically no one reviews

While there are characters I like more, Owain has by far the best overall supports, since every single one is complete gold. F!morgan comes in second for most entertaining supports

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I am sad, my new chapter only has one review
I thought it was great! I'd've reviewed it, I just don't have an ff.net account.

Although if I can make one criticism there are a few minor grammar errors that bother me... Like "its" instead of "it's" and you misspelled "bed" as "bet" at one point.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'd love to dress up as Robin, but I have a feeling no one would know who I was even with SSB.:laugh: I'm thinking of dressing as one of the Pokémon trainers next year since many of them have casual outfits that I could wear on campus easily.
Hahaha! XD Yeah, I feel that when I do eventually get a Robin costume, most people will just think I'm some sort of mage or something, which wouldn't be too far off I suppose. :p And that's a good idea, you should totally do that next year! ^_^

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I am currently dressed as a jedi, though not technically for Halloween...

I am actually doing it for a show, since I am in an lightsaber choreography group at my university. :D

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I am actually doing it for a show, since I am in an lightsaber choreography group at my university. :D
Lightsaber choreography group!? That sounds AWESOME!!! :surprised: Wish I could go to your university! DX

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Lightsaber choreography group!? That sounds AWESOME!!! :surprised: Wish I could go to your university! DX
Just finished the show, so I can talk again. Loved the looks on everyone's faces when we finished, came on stage to bow, then suddenly a dozen guys dressed as storm troopers with nerf guns burst into the room and started firing at us, forcing us to run off stage

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Just finished the show, so I can talk again. Loved the looks on everyone's faces when we finished, came on stage to bow, then suddenly a dozen guys dressed as storm troopers with nerf guns burst into the room and started firing at us, forcing us to run off stage

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I know, right? I still can't get over how cool it is that this group even exists, and I've been doing this for 2 years.

I should be able to find some of our practice videos when I get home to show off (since we record fights at the end of practices so we can go back and see what we did wrong and how to improve)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I know, right? I still can't get over how cool it is that this group even exists, and I've been doing this for 2 years.

I should be able to find some of our practice videos when I get home to show off (since we record fights at the end of practices so we can go back and see what we did wrong and how to improve)
You sir, just made my night! X3 Wish my college was HALF as cool as your university. T_T

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If the costume stores here were more specialized, I might have tried finding a Robin costume. Alas, they only serve the popular stuff. At least my Joker costume was ready for use. I just walked around my neighborhood singing random Nightmare Before Christmas and Oogie's Revenge songs, a stunt I later repeated when I brought my Joker self to classes. It was rather fun.

I really cannot get over how hypnotically well drawn her hips and thighs are~
This was literally my first thought when I saw that, lol.

You wish you could see my jealousy ridden face right now.

I concur. My school is incredibly boring.

At least to from what I've heard, my likely university hosts Smash tourneys :3

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Saw this pic in the SSB4 Funny Pic Thread and just had to post it here given both Robin's and Lucina are in it. Enjoy! ^o^

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You sir, just made my night! X3 Wish my college was HALF as cool as your university. T_T
Gah, there is no good footage of my more recent fights (only one that was recorded literally 30 minutes after we first came up with it and thus kinda sucked.) So here is some footage of a fight a did over a year ago. Note, these are practiced, recorded with the purpose of being able to see how we screwed up and thus fix it going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXPx51sy3k
(I am the one with the blue lightsaber, btw)

And here are some of the other cool fights people have done in the group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2uFeGnEEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQZhcVBFcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFrHJP7wdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X51xC2VevdQ

Also, I would try to post recordings of an actual performance, but we have technical difficulties the last big performance someone actually decided to record, and the footage was lost.

Edit: Yes, I purposfully choose a fight with lots of screwups to show that these are of practiced.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Gah, there is no good footage of my more recent fights (only one that was recorded literally 30 minutes after we first came up with it and thus kinda sucked.) So here is some footage of a fight a did over a year ago. Note, these are practiced, recorded with the purpose of being able to see how we screwed up and thus fix it going forward.

Also, I would try to post recordings of an actual performance, but we have technical difficulties the last big performance someone actually decided to record, and the footage was lost.

Edit: Yes, I purposfully choose a fight with lots of screwups to show that these are of practiced.
Even if some of them were screwups or practice, it was difficult for me to tell given how impressive each one was! Amazing choreography work there, I'm quite envious! ^_^

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I have no idea why the yelling made me laugh. Still, I'm super envious.

killing younglings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom