• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thanks, although I have been here for a while actually :)

Well your still welcomed :).

Ah I see, I'll be honest though I prefer playing on the 3DS version. I do not know why. I thought it would be the other way around but I find myself playing the 3DS more often than not. I guess it is the flexibility to take the 3DS anywhere. I also really do enjoy Smash Run. I do not really like Smash Tour on the Wii U but I'm sure others do.
But the wii u is so pretty.

Familiarity. When you play something for a long time, you grow used to it(hi gamecube controller) and usually don't see a reason to change.

Sure, I'll keep using the 3DS in Smash mode, but I'll have to adapt to the Classic Controller once I get Smash U. At least it feels like a PS3 pad.
I like the classic pro controller, I think that's the one.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Gods, I hope I never versus you in a match up ever, that would just be embarrassing. Though to be far, people always seem to shield the move to block it, but they forget that it can break people's shields. It sucks when it happens to you.

Great, quick question. Who are you?

Also, a little tip, you might want to keep an eye on @ Robertman2 Robertman2 , he likes to double post a lot. don't tell him I said that
YOU WILL DIE!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Welcome, @ Locuan Locuan . You seem cool and friendly.

Anyway, I actually played as Marth a little today, and surprisingly, I feel better with his SSB4 self than I remember. I'll have to compare him to Lucina again to decide who I feel more comfortable with. I prefer Lucina as a character, but Marth is starting to come more naturally to me. Even then, though, he isn't on the same level as Robin or ZSS.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
YOU WILL DIE!
Come at me:4lucina:

I think you both need to settle it in smash. :4lucina:vs.:4lucina: style.

Though I much prefer :4robinm:vs :4lucina: though I couldn't even though I want to.

:4littlemac: Only. Boxing Ring. Attack boost equipment only.

Anyway, I actually played as Marth a little today, and surprisingly, I feel better with his SSB4 self than I remember. I'll have to compare him to Lucina again to decide who I feel more comfortable with. I prefer Lucina as a character, but Marth is starting to come more naturally to me. Even then, though, he isn't on the same level as Robin or ZSS.
That's cool to here. Oh Gracidea Shaymin, who did you avatar and how?

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Welcome, @ Locuan Locuan . You seem cool and friendly.
We have met before, do not let the new colors fool you :upsidedown:
I love Robin as a character, but he is just too slow for me. That doesn't mean I'll stop playing the character. Those ElThunder's don't cast themselves.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I only have the 3ds version sadly and I don't have any wireless connection at my home, so no For Glory or any fight for me, not for a while any way :c

Sorry to disappoint, but like I said before, that won't be happen anytime so, unfortunately.

I'm so sorry
Tsk, tsk. *wags finger*
(I'd post a GIF of the T-1000 here, but my phone won't let me)

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

We have met before, do not let the new colors fool you :upsidedown:

I love Robin as a character, but he is just too slow for me. That doesn't mean I'll stop playing the character. Those ElThunder's don't cast themselves.
We probably have. I just generally blank out on people I don't see as often, especially if they change their avatar.:4lemmy:

Oddly enough, I usually can't stand slower characters, but Robin is the exception. Maybe it's the projectiles and her/his smashes.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That's fine jaja. By the way what are techniques that have gotten you relatively good success while playing as Lucina?

Shaymikyu

That's fine jaja. By the way what are techniques that have gotten you relatively good success while playing as Lucina?
I feel like Dancing Blade is way more easy to use in this game, but maybe I've just gotten better at using it. I also feel like the neutral B comes a lot more easily.

I've heard good things about Counter, but I have terrible timing.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Congrats to you @ Locuan Locuan for becoming a mod of the Lucina forums, I hope to enjoy conversing with you in the coming future. I have witnessed your post from earlier and will try to keep the conversations in their respective threads.

But all in all, it's nice to have you and I'm a bit curious; do you have a preferred Lucina color alt to use?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I feel like Dancing Blade is way more easy to use in this game, but maybe I've just gotten better at using it. I also feel like the neutral B comes a lot more easily.

God, i suck at counter. I either do the move too late or to early or I miss all together!!!
What is even more annoying is when I see CPU get it ever, single, freaking, TIME!!! :mad:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I feel like the CPUs get inside your controller, figure out what you're going to do based off what inputs you do, then counter attack with what ever they feel like. CPUs are definitely better in Smash 4. Better at making me rage.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

I am a bit cautious when using DB. Sometimes the timing can be messed up and the opponent will power shield and punish me accordingly. Although d-tilt > DB chases are staple in my game. You have to use counter a bit cautiously. And not a lot either. It can become very predictable and your opponent can punish you. Try to limit it and use it when you know your opponent will attack you.
Congrats to you @ Locuan Locuan But all in all, it's nice to have you and I'm a bit curious; do you have a preferred Lucina color alt to use?
Thank you. I am currently using both the default palette and the Lissa color palette. Those two are my favorites. Now if I could only heal myself when using Lissa's color palette :3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Aggresive Shield Breaking.

That right there was a backwards jump Shield Breaker mixup. Words cannot describe how hard I laughed when I pulled it off.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ah the empty jump over DDD into Shield Breaker. I also love to feign I'm retreating and do a B-reversed Shield Breaker. It catches many people of guard and can lead to broken shields.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey there all, long time Brawl Marth main stopping by to say Lucina at the very least will be my go to character for a Secondary and quite possibly a main one day! Hoping to throw in some matchup discussion in the future as I play talented fighters within the upcoming year. :'D

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Thank you. While I suggested my view, it was really an effort of all of us. So I thank all of you as well! And the social group is very active and fun! Let's keep making our community awesome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Of course. And in retrospect, the revamp is nice now that I draw ever closer to my Wii U, so hopefully I can join those of you who have it in more advanced play and awaken(lol) my thirst for competition.

Still need the package from AlphaZealot with the game first, lol.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
When you can't pick which alt is your favorite...
LucinaAlts.gif

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If one of the alts didn't remind me of Cherche id certainly be rocking the neutral color.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have the Cordelia alt thats the only alt for me. Also havent been here in a while.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I use the Nowi alt because I like the colors, but if we were going by who we had male Robin marry, she'd be default, and if we went by favorite character out of the colors, it'd be Sumia.

The Tiki alt has been tempting me because her hair is the same color as my Chrom/Robin run's Robin, though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I pretty much toggle between default, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki and Sumia. I use more default and Cordelia than the others, though.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
You know, if it were not for you guys a few months ago I would have not even guessed that her palette swaps where based on other characters in Awakening. With that being said, I think it's awesome how the designers decided to implement that. By the way, I have mentioned it before but Lissa, or default color palette in my case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom