• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Like-bomb deployed.

Never change, Lucina boards :smirk:
Hello notifications blowing up :p

Crossing my fingers that I can pick up Smash Bros and a Wii U on Sunday. Maybe I'll finally get to play with some of y'all here! :grin:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Hello notifications blowing up :p

Crossing my fingers that I can pick up Smash Bros and a Wii U on Sunday. Maybe I'll finally get to play with some of y'all here! :grin:
I hope you do! Still waiting for Christmas hopefully. Looking at pictures of the game makes me want it more.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You know what i want for Christmas?
awakening because i want to build up my 3ds library.
Do it, Awakening is good. I mean, its what all of us in this thread talk about 50 percent of the time... alright fine, 90 percent of the time.

Nah looks good with a lot of hair colors, though I like the red shades the best (i.e. Ricken and Gaius).

I also like Cynthia with Gaius's hair, but a lot of people seem put off by it clashing with the blue frills in her outfit.
Yeah, Nah looks best with some form of red hair. Matches her clothes and the color of her dragon form.

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
If I had to do a Lucina pairing without inigo...
it'll be Lucina x Brady.
reminds me a lot of Kanji x Naoto

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I love the contrast between the Marth social and the Lucina social.
Marth social is all competitive talk, minus some funny videos I posted and some slight casual conversation. I like it, but I also like it here. I think I will lurk this forum..

mabye this is why people think Lucina is better than Marth in this game.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If I had to do a Lucina pairing without inigo...
it'll be Lucina x Brady.
reminds me a lot of Kanji x Naoto
Is it because the blue haired girl was pretending to be a boy and the scary looking guy with a scar on his head is really a big softy on the inside?

Yeah I see it too :seuss:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Marth social is all competitive talk, minus some funny videos I posted and some slight casual conversation. I like it, but I also like it here. I think I will lurk this forum..

It's a party every day in here!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Although here it's mostly casuals. Fittingly since Lucina's effectively a beginner Marth.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
Completely unrelated but I probably say "Merry Christmas" too much during the holidays but I just cant help my self.

So Merry Christmas.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hi guys. I'm back. Hows it going?

*see the fluffy fan art*

FLUFFY!!! :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::bowser:

*sees that the comment count is still under 9000*

HA YES!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I am going to link directly here some of those within the collection you just linked, since they are just too damn cute not to.

Looks at the adorable familty *heart gives out*

and finally, while not Lucina related, still damn awsome

What are they saying in the first one?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I am going to link directly here some of those within the collection you just linked, since they are just too damn cute not to.

Looks at the adorable familty *heart gives out*
We really need more baby/young Morgan stuff. It's just too adorable.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
We really need more baby/young Morgan stuff. It's just too adorable.
Yeah, totally agreed. I have to say, something about Morgan's expression in the picuture is just so damn adorable. I imagine at that age Morgan is one of those kids who is 100% convinced she knows everything, and will take every opportunity to tell all the grown ups what they should be doing in any given situation.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That moment when you taunt twice after a Shield Breaker and kill your foe with another Shield Breaker.

:]

I am such a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey guys. First of all, I'd like to let you know that I have been appointed mod of both the Lucina and Marth boards. So any ideas/questions/concerns/etc. that you may have do not be afraid to ask! I am here to help you all out. With your help, I hope to make our community as awesome as possible.

On another note, I have some things I need to point out. While it happened a long time ago, the conversation has derailed greatly from the intended purpose. While this is a social thread, it is still supposed to be dedicated to Smash 4. Seeing one post about Smash 4 per couple of days is something that should not be happening. It is difficult for me to find text in posts at times because the insanely huge images for fan-art cover half of the page. I would like to let you all know that I am also a great fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening. However, there are other areas where we can discuss our favorite character pairings, lore, etc.

If you look at most of the social threads on other character boards you see that the discussion pertains to Smash 4, be it competitive or otherwise. Now I know that the users of our character forum are mostly casual, and there is nothing wrong with that at all! There are plenty of things we can discuss, be it for glory matches, for fun matches, single player classic mode, crazy orders, your favorite equipment for Lucina, you name it! It could also be discussions about that crazy amiibo collection you are trying to create. I'm not saying that we cannot have some comments or minor discussions about game lore, in fact we could find a way to tie it to Smash Bros. But it has gotten incredibly out of hand.

Solution Suggestions:
The best solution is to create a social group. There, we can talk about Fire Emblem: Awakening, to our hearts content. That group can be dedicated to FE:A lore, etc. It can be made a public group so anyone can join and that would foster discussion to make it as lively as it is here.

I am open to suggestions. But I will note that changes to the social thread are bound to happen. Try to look at it through the other side of the coin. I am sure that other Lucina users that have not let themselves be known may have come to the thread and found the character pairing, and fan art off putting in some way. The idea is to make the thread welcoming to everyone.

EDIT: @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , I merged your posts together. Try not to double post as it is against the Terms of Service and Rules. I know it was not intended as spam or anything like that! But you could have edited your post just as I have! Just letting you know about the rules.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey guys. First of all, I'd like to let you know that I have been appointed mod of both the Lucina and Marth boards. So any ideas/questions/concerns/etc. that you may have do not be afraid to ask! I am here to help you all out. With your help, I hope to make our community as awesome as possible.

On another note, I have some things I need to point out. While it happened a long time ago, the conversation has derailed greatly from the intended purpose. While this is a social thread, it is still supposed to be dedicated to Smash 4. Seeing one post about Smash 4 per couple of days is something that should not be happening. It is difficult for me to find text in posts at times because the insanely huge images for fan-art cover half of the page. I would like to let you all know that I am also a great fan of Fire Emblem: Awakening. However, there are other areas where we can discuss our favorite character pairings, lore, etc.

If you look at most of the social threads on other character boards you see that the discussion pertains to Smash 4, be it competitive or otherwise. Now I know that the users of our character forum are mostly casual, and there is nothing wrong with that at all! There are plenty of things we can discuss, be it for glory matches, for fun matches, single player classic mode, crazy orders, your favorite equipment for Lucina, you name it! It could also be discussions about that crazy amiibo collection you are trying to create. I'm not saying that we cannot have some comments or minor discussions about game lore, in fact we could find a way to tie it to Smash Bros. But it has gotten incredibly out of hand.

Solution Suggestions:
The best solution is to create a social group. There, we can talk about Fire Emblem: Awakening, to our hearts content. That group can be dedicated to FE:A lore, etc. It can be made a public group so anyone can join and that would foster discussion to make it as lively as it is here.

I am open to suggestions. But I will note that changes to the social thread are bound to happen. Try to look at it through the other side of the coin. I am sure that other Lucina users that have not let themselves be known may have come to the thread and found the character pairing, and fan art off putting in some way. The idea is to make the thread welcoming to everyone.
Before the actual subject, quick apology for the double post. I thought that you were about to post as I posted it. :facepalm:

And yeah, I'll agree that there's little Smash discussion here. I'm in favor of the group idea, personally. I'm willing to handle that myself if no one else is willing to.

EDIT: I've made the first ever(wow) Fire Emblem Social Group. Some of the regulars here will notice the message in their inboxes that you've been invited. Should you wish to continue usual shipping/fanart/whatever discussion, take to that group, as I'll respect @ Locuan Locuan 's wishes to turn this into a Smash-centric thread again.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That moment when you taunt twice after a Shield Breaker and kill your foe with another Shield Breaker.

:]

I am such a jerk.
Gods, I hope I never versus you in a match up ever, that would just be embarrassing. Though to be far, people always seem to shield the move to block it, but they forget that it can break people's shields. It sucks when it happens to you.

Solution Suggestions:

EDIT: @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , I merged your posts together. Try not to double post as it is against the Terms of Service and Rules. I know it was not intended as spam or anything like that! But you could have edited your post just as I have! Just letting you know about the rules.
Great, quick question. Who are you?

Also, a little tip, you might want to keep an eye on @ Robertman2 Robertman2 , he likes to double post a lot. don't tell him I said that

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Great, quick question. Who are you?
I'm locuan128. If you want a bit of background on me:

Smash Background:
I started Smash competitively in the 2008 period in the Brawl days. I hit my peak in 2009 in the Puerto Rico community, highest placing 5th on singles bracket and 2nd on doubles bracket. My community then shifted to Melee so I had to learn a whole new game. With the release of Smash 4 I am playing Marth/Lucina almost exclusively. I enjoy that play-style. I used to main Marth in Melee and while the engine has changed, I still prefer the playing as the Hero King or his descendant!

My Background:
I'm a nerd, I love science. Specifically Physics and Astronomy (and I have a degree in Physics which I'm very proud of :)). Smash Bros is one of my passions. Since I picked up Smash 64 way back, I could not stop playing it. I love talking about science so if anyone wants to talk to me about it feel free to PM me! Yea my Background and Smash Background mix :D

Smashboards Background:
I actually joined Smashboards in 2005. I was basically completely new and young at the time. I did not know much about the game and some of my early posts do reflect that. I am still learning! But I have a more up to date outlook on things now if you want to look at it that way. Again I was actually active on the Luigi boards during the Brawl days. I recently came back with the release of Smash 4. This time around I want to be a more active, and helpful member! Help out the community and make new friends along the road. Oh and I also love discussing character match-ups. As @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A said I was appointed as mod yesterday and I am very excited and I hope I'm able to live up to everyone's expectations!

Anyways, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me! I would be more than happy to answer them.

Now unto another topic. I can not seem to get far in Crazy Orders. Furthest I have gotten is around 11 with Lucina. Has anyone pushed the limit as to what she can do?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

*things*

Now unto another topic. I can not seem to get far in Crazy Orders. Furthest I have gotten is around 11 with Lucina. Has anyone pushed the limit as to what she can do?
I sadly don't have a Wii U yet.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Smash Background:
I started Smash competitively in the 2008 period in the Brawl days. I hit my peak in 2009 in the Puerto Rico community, highest placing 5th on singles bracket and 2nd on doubles bracket. My community then shifted to Melee so I had to learn a whole new game. With the release of Smash 4 I am playing Marth/Lucina almost exclusively. I enjoy that play-style. I used to main Marth in Melee and while the engine has changed, I still prefer the playing as the Hero King or his descendant!

My Background:
I'm a nerd, I love science. Specifically Physics and Astronomy (and I have a degree in Physics which I'm very proud of :)). Smash Bros is one of my passions. Since I picked up Smash 64 way back, I could not stop playing it. I love talking about science so if anyone wants to talk to me about it feel free to PM me! Yea my Background and Smash Background mix :D

Smashboards Background:
I actually joined Smashboards in 2005. I was basically completely new and young at the time. I did not know much about the game and some of my early posts do reflect that. I am still learning! But I have a more up to date outlook on things now if you want to look at it that way. Again I was actually active on the Luigi boards during the Brawl days. I recently came back with the release of Smash 4. This time around I want to be a more active, and helpful member! Help out the community and make new friends along the road. Oh and I also love discussing character match-ups. As @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A said I was appointed as mod yesterday and I am very excited and I hope I'm able to live up to everyone's expectations!

Anyways, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me! I would be more than happy to answer them.

Ok, thanks for explain, really appreciate it. Welcome the Lucina Theards, I hope you have fun being the moderator :)
"Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?"
I know the feeling bro. :(

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ok, thanks for explain, really appreciate it. Welcome the Lucina Theards, I hope you have fun being the moderator :)
"Konkai wa boku no kachi da ne?"
Thanks, although I have been here for a while actually :)
Ah I see, I'll be honest though I prefer playing on the 3DS version. I do not know why. I thought it would be the other way around but I find myself playing the 3DS more often than not. I guess it is the flexibility to take the 3DS anywhere. I also really do enjoy Smash Run. I do not really like Smash Tour on the Wii U but I'm sure others do.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Thanks, although I have been here for a while actually :)

Ah I see, I'll be honest though I prefer playing on the 3DS version. I do not know why. I thought it would be the other way around but I find myself playing the 3DS more often than not. I guess it is the flexibility to take the 3DS anywhere. I also really do enjoy Smash Run. I do not really like Smash Tour on the Wii U but I'm sure others do.
Familiarity. When you play something for a long time, you grow used to it(hi gamecube controller) and usually don't see a reason to change.

Sure, I'll keep using the 3DS in Smash mode, but I'll have to adapt to the Classic Controller once I get Smash U. At least it feels like a PS3 pad.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Familiarity. When you play something for a long time, you grow used to it(hi gamecube controller) and usually don't see a reason to change.

Sure, I'll keep using the 3DS in Smash mode, but I'll have to adapt to the Classic Controller once I get Smash U. At least it feels like a PS3 pad.
I do prefer the Gamecube controller, it's what I use in tournaments anyways. However, playing the game itself and practicing, I end up on the 3DS more due to ease of access I guess.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Liquidfgc, mind sending me a link to the new Lucina boards where we do our usual shenanigans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom