• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I think everyone's got a bit of that. Case in point, myself the chronic Marth addict main. I look at 3/4 of the cast and just wonder why... then I run around onstage/practice my platform game for 10 minutes when I boot up PM because hey, Marth's movement in Melee/PM is super fluid and I love it. I have a problem.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies. Chrom grows fat on pies.

M!Robin -> Chrom marries Sumia (adorbs) or Olivia (marginally more optimal babbies), Robin marries Lucina and they give birth to a young god.
F!Robin -> Chrom marries Robin, children still pretty godly and it's worth noting that Lucina can pick up Ignis this way. Not that she lacks for amazing skill options...
I did the latter with F!Robin, and while I said I was going to marry Chrom to Maribelle, the former is really tempting because I love Sumia and their support is cute.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
It's really hard for me to marry Chrom to anyone but Sumia or Robin. Sully is okay, but Olivia's feels forced (poledancer wife is pretty ok though o~hohoho) and I'm not real fond of Maribelle to begin with, let alone their supports. Chrom&Sumia is ridiculously adorable while also being near-optimal pairing wise and Robin... ChromxF!Robin supports are hilarious, nevermind the children. Reminds me of that one scene from The Proposal. "WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!?" "WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!?" I half expected the S support to be something along the lines of Chrom saying "Look dammit, maybe I'd like to see you naked more often. Like every day. Okay?"

Also Chrom/Sumia is a decent pair up team in the early game, so you can get the S support super early. Sumia lets Chrom move further and double attack everything and Sumia gets to double everything too while also hitting harder and living a bit longer.

Last edited:

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
I need help

Spent an hour and a half of playing that guy, those were what of the matches I felt were worth keeping I remembered to keep

this was a friend who insists on playing lucina against me and I'm not sure if he does it just to make me mirror match or if hes maining her

I'll get some footage of non mirrors later. I know three of my big issues are

- I counter too much
- Basically ****ing up inputs I guess? Catching them in a good spot but slashing /grabbing the wrong way
- Killing myself when I play off stage, mostly with down air but I think sometimes I just use my second jump automatically and don't notice it until its too late, or panic up-Bing without my second jump I'm not sure
Edit: - Also misjudging air hitboxes and just whiffing them and wasting time

On a more specific level, I can't figure out how to approach zoot suit and diddy kong

posting without links for now while I figure out how to get around linking

edit:

No amount of code tags and line breaks seem to work so I'll just say the links are still on the front page of r/crazyhand because I don't feel like going and spamming Hi on 7 intro threads

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

It's really hard for me to marry Chrom to anyone but Sumia or Robin. Sully is okay, but Olivia's feels forced (poledancer wife is pretty ok though o~hohoho) and I'm not real fond of Maribelle to begin with, let alone their supports. Chrom&Sumia is ridiculously adorable while also being near-optimal pairing wise and Robin... ChromxF!Robin supports are hilarious, nevermind the children. Reminds me of that one scene from The Proposal. "WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!?" "WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!?" I half expected the S support to be something along the lines of Chrom saying "Look dammit, maybe I'd like to see you naked more often. Like every day. Okay?"

Also Chrom/Sumia is a decent pair up team in the early game, so you can get the S support super early. Sumia lets Chrom move further and double attack everything and Sumia gets to double everything too while also hitting harder and living a bit longer.
I like Olivia as a character, but she comes in a bit late for me to feel right marrying her to Chrom. Sully and Chrom could be fun. I like Maribelle as a character and the idea of her being a queen and going through her support with Lucina is fun, but I'm not sure I can see her with Chrom. Agreed on Sumia and F!Robin, though. Cynthia and Morgan just kind of make sense in my head as Lucina siblings, too (though I could also see Inigo if it weren't for the Olivia joining later thing).

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Putting on my FE:A hat...

Who Robin marries depends on what mode you are playing. On Normal you can marry whoever the hell you want, it doesn't matter. You can also marry whoever you want in Hard mode, but you do need to be a little bit careful. Lunatic is where pairings matter. If you are playing as Female Robin, you are pretty much (ugh) marrying Chrom, as that is the most broken pairing in the game.

Male Robin is much more versatile. Your options here are marrying a first gen unit (that has a future child) or Lucina. Marrying Lucina does make you lose out on a second broken unit. In exchange, you (apparently) get better stat caps and Aether, which is a very solid skill.

That's my assessment.

Shaymikyu

Putting on my FE:A hat...

Who Robin marries depends on what mode you are playing. On Normal you can marry whoever the hell you want, it doesn't matter. You can also marry whoever you want in Hard mode, but you do need to be a little bit careful. Lunatic is where pairings matter. If you are playing as Female Robin, you are pretty much (ugh) marrying Chrom, as that is the most broken pairing in the game.

Male Robin is much more versatile. Your options here are marrying a first gen unit (that has a future child) or Lucina. Marrying Lucina does make you lose out on a second broken unit. In exchange, you (apparently) get better stat caps and Aether, which is a very solid skill.

That's my assessment.
Couldn't you marry a second gen as F!Robin too, or is the brokenness limited to marrying Lucina?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I like Olivia as a character, but she comes in a bit late for me to feel right marrying her to Chrom. Sully and Chrom could be fun. I like Maribelle as a character and the idea of her being a queen and going through her support with Lucina is fun, but I'm not sure I can see her with Chrom. Agreed on Sumia and F!Robin, though. Cynthia and Morgan just kind of make sense in my head as Lucina siblings, too (though I could also see Inigo if it weren't for the Olivia joining later thing).
I love marrying Chrom to Olivia because of how sudden it is.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I need help

Spent an hour and a half of playing that guy, those were what of the matches I felt were worth keeping I remembered to keep

this was a friend who insists on playing lucina against me and I'm not sure if he does it just to make me mirror match or if hes maining her

I'll get some footage of non mirrors later. I know three of my big issues are

- I counter too much
- Basically ****ing up inputs I guess? Catching them in a good spot but slashing /grabbing the wrong way
- Killing myself when I play off stage, mostly with down air but I think sometimes I just use my second jump automatically and don't notice it until its too late, or panic up-Bing without my second jump I'm not sure
Edit: - Also misjudging air hitboxes and just whiffing them and wasting time

On a more specific level, I can't figure out how to approach zoot suit and diddy kong

posting without links for now while I figure out how to get around linking

edit:

No amount of code tags and line breaks seem to work so I'll just say the links are still on the front page of r/crazyhand because I don't feel like going and spamming Hi on 7 intro threads
For one, you can never counter too much.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Robin can marry anyone of the opposite gender (except for Morgan for obvious reasons.) This includes 2nd gen units and SpotPass units.
Other 2ed Gen pairing work well too if you insanely min max it. Like pairing Tharja with Ricken then marry Noire for a Morgan with an insanely high magic stat.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Tanooki Lucina is probably the best thing since sliced bread! Seriously, she is SO freaking adorable! <3 <3 <3

Shaymikyu

As mentioned before, most of my pairings were accidental. My Tharja ended up with Libra. I'm not sure how badly I screwed up Noire (my first run was on Normal anyway, being a FE noob), but he does make a sweet father for Noire.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As mentioned before, most of my pairings were accidental. My Tharja ended up with Libra. I'm not sure how badly I screwed up Noire (my first run was on Normal anyway, being a FE noob), but he does make a sweet father for Noire.
Who did Nowi end up with?

Shaymikyu

Who did Nowi end up with?
Ricken. I mainly just put them together because he looked young enough that it wasn't too weird. They're supports are really cute, though. Again, pretty sure I might have screwed up Nah, but oh well.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Other 2ed Gen pairing work well too if you insanely min max it. Like pairing Tharja with Ricken then marry Noire for a Morgan with an insanely high magic stat.
Actually, for the highest magic stat in the game, you have Ricken marry Miriel, and then have F!Avatar marry Laurent.

Also, why are we all posting mobile links?

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Does anyone wish that Lucina had some of the custom specials as her default ones?
I LOVE the Dashing Assault "Neutral 3" so much and I really wished it was her default one. (Plus, it reminds me slightly of one of her critical attacks in Awakening)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ricken. I mainly just put them together because he looked young enough that it wasn't too weird. They're supports are really cute, though. Again, pretty sure I might have screwed up Nah, but oh well.
Nowi and Gauis. All he needs is a white van.
Does anyone wish that Lucina had some of the custom specials as her default ones?
I LOVE the Dashing Assault "Neutral 3" so much and I really wished it was her default one. (Plus, it reminds me slightly of one of her critical attacks in Awakening)
Agreed.
Actually, for the highest magic stat in the game, you have Ricken marry Miriel, and then have F!Avatar marry Laurent.

Because I'm normally doing this from me phone.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
We need those doujins translated. Anyone here know a good translator?
Translators. As a commissioner, I know 4.
CGRascal is very cheap; however, he is infamous for having grammar errors and rather mediocre translations.
Tigoris has much better translations, but his editing leaves something to be desired.
I have not commissioned _ragdoll before, but from what I can tell, he is very good at both translating and editing. He also is not cheap.
I also have not commissioned biribiri before. Their commission process looks... strange. They don't look very expensive though.

You're on your own for links to them.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Translators. As a commissioner, I know 4.
CGRascal is very cheap; however, he is infamous for having grammar errors and rather mediocre translations.
Tigoris has much better translations, but his editing leaves something to be desired.
I have not commissioned _ragdoll before, but from what I can tell, he is very good at both translating and editing. He also is not cheap.
I also have not commissioned biribiri before. Their commission process looks... strange. They don't look very expensive though.

You're on your own for links to them.
How much do they cost? Also, thanks.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
How much do they cost?
CGRascal costs $1 per page. It is your responsibility to share the work (A certain NSFW site gives you GP for visits).
Tigoris costs $2 per page. Same deal as above.
_ragdoll costs $2.5 AUD per page. If you want to upload the work yourself, there is an extra $5 AUD added.
biribiri from what I can tell costs $1-$1.5. I don't know their sharing restrictions.

All of these include translation and editing.

Shaymikyu

Definitely doing this on my next F!Robin run. Helps that I already like Laurent a lot.
Nowi and Gauis. All he needs is a white van.

Agreed.

Because I'm normally doing this from me phone.
After reading those official comics (the one where Lucina beats Lon'qu because she's a girl and all that), I kind of like the idea of Gaius and Nowi having a weird friendship, at least.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Definitely doing this on my next F!Robin run. Helps that I already like Laurent a lot.

After reading those official comics (the one where Lucina beats Lon'qu because she's a girl and all that), I kind of like the idea of Gaius and Nowi having a weird friendship, at least.
Marry Spock. Marry him!
CGRascal costs $1 per page. It is your responsibility to share the work (A certain NSFW site gives you GP for visits).
Tigoris costs $2 per page. Same deal as above.
_ragdoll costs $2.5 AUD per page. If you want to upload the work yourself, there is an extra $5 AUD added.
biribiri from what I can tell costs $1-$1.5. I don't know their sharing restrictions.

All of these include translation and editing.
Thanks.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You know, I've never actually tried using her Dashing Assault "Neutral 3" and I have all of her custom moves unlocked. I'm used Storm Thrust "Neutral 2" and I liked how it gave me some spacing options since she's rather limited when it comes to that but not "Neutral 3." It would be great if some of her custom specials were her default ones but then again, I never really played as Marth in Melee or Brawl unless I needed to, not because of the move set but rather I didn't really care for Marth as a character. However, I really do enjoy Lucina's default move set and it feels rather fresh to me considering how little I used Marth in previous Smash Bros. games. But I can understand why many people want Lucina to have different moves or take on her custom move set given how similar she is to Marth. However, that doesn't bother me as much as it bother's everyone else so I don't mind.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Honestly, none of them particularly entice me. I like some complexity in my fighters.

Shaymikyu

How far are you in that run?
Not very because school has been eating my time and SSB takes up my little free time for games. I'm only at the part where you first meet "Marth." So at least Robin has met Lucina.;) When I did my first run, it was still summer, so I had a lot of time.

As I said before, I'll be more motivated once you can start building supports.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not very because school has been eating my time and SSB takes up my little free time for games. I'm only at the part where you first meet "Marth." So at least Robin has met Lucina.;) When I did my first run, it was still summer, so I had a lot of time.

As I said before, I'll be more motivated once you can start building supports.
Do it faster.

Shaymikyu

I'll do it tonight after my test for school. I promise. I'll do it for Lucina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom