• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina looked kinda good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Anything lucina does spaces marth as well. logicaly marth would have the advantage

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
VGBC was just doing the match up, lucina won most of them. it could be player skill, but im not 100% sure
Possible. Personally, I don't care. I'll use Lucina far more than Marth. I was always decent at Marth, but I prefer Lucina.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I've been watching a lot of Lucina and Marth footage, and man, am I stoked for this girl. When I found out she would play similar to Marth, but without the tipper, I was kinda eh (cuz clone), but now seeing her play, I definitely love that she doesn't have the tipper. And she's FAST. That's why I wasn't a fan of Roy in Melee. I liked his play style, but I wished he were faster. Lucina is like the baby of Marth and Roy.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
If Lucina is more comfortable up close, then that might be something she has over Marth, but it's negligible considering you're supposed to space with both. Spacing so how disjointed hit boxes are optimized and Marth rewards you for doing so.

Marth will end up with the higher skill cap, higher tier placement, and better matchup spread. Lucina's meta will probably be more aggressive because you're not incentivized to space as much. Again, you should, but you'd probably be just as comfortable dealing damage untipped if Lucina has worthwhile combos/movestrings.

Given how F-Air works for marth, his meta is probably going to be more defensive.

Last edited:

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
I've been watching a lot of Lucina and Marth footage, and man, am I stoked for this girl. When I found out she would play similar to Marth, but without the tipper, I was kinda eh (cuz clone), but now seeing her play, I definitely love that she doesn't have the tipper. And she's FAST. That's why I wasn't a fan of Roy in Melee. I liked his play style, but I wished he were faster. Lucina is like the baby of Marth and Roy.
i cannot wait to get my hands on her! fits my playstyle so well

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I can't exactly say much since I never used Roy, but I enjoy my close up fighters fast.
SAME.

This is probably why I'm not a fan of Mega Man at ALL. I love close up fighters way too much. Lucina is gonna be fantastic. JUST TAKE MY MONEY NOW NINTENDO.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
It's not like you should just stop utilizing her maximum range though. Spacing is still going yo be important and necessary to win.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
It's not like you should just stop utilizing her maximum range though. Spacing is still going yo be important and necessary to win.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hm, yes, she does look good. :bee:
*blinks*
Oh, you mean gameplay wise? Oh yeah that's cool too.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Muh boy Gat got nerfed gad dang capcom how am I supposed to tiger these uppers now

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Tiger uppercut didnt get nerfed in Ultra so I...

Oh, wait. You are being satirical. Because that's what you do. I gotcha.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I do so much more than just that! B)

But yes, I was just kidding and confirming who I am.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hm, yes, she does look good. :bee:
*blinks*
Oh, you mean gameplay wise? Oh yeah that's cool too.
This was literally my first thought upon clicking on this thread for the first time:p
Get your minds out of the gutters she is a lady

Honestly, much of the reason I fell in love with her to begin with (aside from the fact that I love Awakening) is that she's just so ridiculously cute. <3 Then I found out how she plays and my prayers were answered.

Then I found out she has Tiki and Lissa alts.

Then I found out about her custom moves.

Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that Kid Icarus has the top two spots on my list of mains already claimed and declared sacrosanct, mah gurl LuLu would be a seriously viable contender for my favourite character in the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Get your minds out of the gutters she is a lady

Honestly, much of the reason I fell in love with her to begin with (aside from the fact that I love Awakening) is that she's just so ridiculously cute.
hey i made that comment months back and was agreed with so no u

most here probably know this story already

Unbelievable as it is, I hated her when she was revealed. I tried to keep hating her post-reveal because I thought Sakurai was being bias on FE(I didn't really care for KI's general overrep atm) and at the time my allegiance was sworn to nobody but Mewtwo and Snake. As if the gods were displeased with me and wanted change I managed to snag Awakening for a real cheap price at my local game store. It was their last copy.

Then Chapter 13 happened.

And then I did a complete 180 because I felt so bad for hating her. End of story.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Everytime I see that gif I want to give her a hug. Time to go watch thier Hot Spring Scramble Convo again.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444

Unbelievable as it is, I hated her when she was revealed. I tried to keep hating her post-reveal because I thought Sakurai was being bias on FE(I didn't really care for KI's general overrep atm) and at the time my allegiance was sworn to nobody but Mewtwo and Snake. As if the gods were displeased with me and wanted change I managed to snag Awakening for a real cheap price at my local game store. It was their last copy.

And then I did a complete 180 because I felt so bad for hating her. End of story.
when she came out and said she was marth, i was giddy. then when i found out they made marth a female i was kinda upset, then i found out she was her own character with an amazing story i fell i love! shes the best :love:

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

Lucyyyyy :(

Master Raven

Smash Master
no one can really say anything about matchups right now. whoever wins more often between lucina and marth as of now is simply outplaying the other. theorycrafting is fine and i can see marth having an edge over lucina in some areas but i rather we wait and give the meta time to develop before we can take matchup claims seriously. i remember when ddd/gnw/rob were all top tier in the first Brawl tier list LOL

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Its an easy work around once people start using it the correct way and stop trying to rushdown with a move thats not made for that

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Its an easy work around once people start using it the correct way and stop trying to rushdown with a move thats not made for that
once the people who want to play lucina get the game and lab work it themselves,instead of asking streamers that dont want to play her it will go quick i imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom