• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' Palette Swaps (Alt Costumes)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
EDIT: Here they all are!

So which one is your favorite?

Original post:
In Lucas' trailer, we saw 5 alternate palette swaps for Lucas. They were:

1. Normal appearance
2. Claus alt
3. Blue/Orange alt
4. Masked Man alt
5. Boney shirt with brown pants

Lucas will likely have 8 alts like the other fighters (except for Little Mac), which means that not all of his Brawl alts will make it in. If this is the case, what new alternate costumes would you like to see Lucas have, (or which old alts would you like back)? Personally, I'd like to see one inspired by Flint.

Also which of the ones so far is your favorite? Mine is the Boney shirt with brown pants.

Last edited:

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
My favorite is of course the default one but if I have to choose, i'll take the Boney one, cause Boney is cool.

I also hope they make Lucas with a Pigmask shirt, because it's really something that we saw all the time in the game so why not !

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I love all the new ones, but I really hope that pink returns. I could do without the orange/green striped shirt.

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
I hope they bring back the one with the white and blue stripes. I used that one all the time back in Brawl and PM.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Blue and Orange usually look pretty good. So that one might be the one I use. Though I'm not a Lucas main. But I do kind of like his fighting style.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hope blue and white shirt are back, but since blue and orange are my favorite colors along with black, I'm already ok with what I have.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I might switch from his old green one to the masked man swap

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not crazy about the metallic hair, but the fact that a Masked Man swap exists makes me extremely happy, and I'll probably be switching between Claus and Masked Man. :D

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I would really like a Pig Commander alt (like in P:M), and definitely something inspired by Porky.

DCMC would be cool, and even cooler would be the Leo-Leo sweater. Only real Mother3 fans would get that one.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
Claus all dayyyyy
I hope they give him something like ness's mr. saturn shirt.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The Boney shirt is so cute... I love the earthy tones. And the Masked Man one is neat even if I'd had preferred a full Commander disguise.

Assuming Lucas' other alts are from Brawl, he's losing at least one, since four didn't show in the trailer.

If he has any more, and if the Commander suit is too much, I'd love a DCMC shirt, Pigmask shirt, or even an Ultimate Chimera shirt in tribute to it being in Brawl.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
A DCMC Shirt is absolutely required. Along with DCMC Underpants and DCMC hat. DCMC palette swap also switches stick out for the rolled up DCMC book.

Maybe that's asking a little too much.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'm torn between Claus and the Masked Man t-shirt. Both alts are great! I'm also in favour of a DCMC alt.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm so ready to use that adorable Boney costume. Despite only having a couple confirmed alts, Lucas is already looking to be top-tier with his costumes.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Boney is MINE

I hope his brawl purple colour is back.

ilysm

sleepy
Regarding the middle one, I got back from UVA recently and it looks like the colors are chasing me. @_@

Actually, I'm a little bummed about the alts, mainly because it's really likely he'll have his old Brawl red, green, and blue alts back for his last three, which leaves me slim pickings as far as a purple alt goes. I'd really like to see his old Brawl purple alt or the Good Kid's Shirt, like Ness's.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I like the Boney shirt. The previous one I used was the blue and white one. So I may use that. I'm not sure. I think the blue and orange one looks really bad.

thelakitulad

Smash Rookie
NNID
tehelmoman
I think Lucas is shaping up to have my favorite range of alts in the game. In Brawl, I loved all of his alts, but his Claus one was my favorite.
NOW, though, he has an orange and blue one. Specifically, an alt that looks like the colours of my favorite drink, Irn-Bru. So I think it's my duty as both a Scot and someone who loves Irn-Bru as well as the colours to use that alt above all else. When I main Lucas in June, I'll almost certainly be using that alt, but his other alts here all look amazing as well, especially the Masked Man one.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Default Lucas all the way but man they really gave Lucas some love in the costume department. Pigmask outfit please!

Drippy

Smash Ace
I really like from the most favorite to least favorite: Claus Palette -> Boney Shirt -> Masked Man Shirt. My only problem with the Masked Man palette is that his skin is pale. On the other hand I feel like I'll use the Boney shirt primarily because it looks nice and simple and I like Boney but I won't make a decision until I see the three other palettes and assuming it follows the same formula as Ness palettes, they'll just be different color stripes in stuff and not a entirely new design on his shirt.

Default Lucas all the way but man they really gave Lucas some love in the costume department. Pigmask outfit please!
I'd die if that were to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Boney shirt is the best. Only real dog owners would have a shirt with their dog's face on it.

A DCMC or Kumatora shirt would tie for second though.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Really liking the orange 'n' blue, it's a nice color scheme!
I'll have to wait until he's released to choose though, I hope there's one with green stripes, or that his pink/purple or white/blue colors return. I quite liked those.
Not big on the shirts with the pixel-art, I just love me my stripes!

Neil.

Smash Rookie
Masked Man alt looks too sick. I don't even care if the purple alt from Brawl makes a return now

Drippy

Smash Ace
I just want this costume for him, though I highly doubt they'll do it considering they don't do much costume-based changes. Pajamas would be cool too, his mom did say he could just live in pajamas for the rest of his life.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Thank god for these, I never liked Lucas' swaps in Brawl however these all look great. Especially the boney one, those colours look really good on Lucas

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Thank god for these, I never liked Lucas' swaps in Brawl however these all look great. Wspecially the boney one, those colours look really good on Lucas
I like his Blue / White and Claus color palette from Brawl but I agree that all the others look pretty trash.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm going with boney, I've never played Mother 3 but green is my favorite color is Green and Boney reminds me of my old dog.

Khao

Smash Lord
I kind of wonder.

The Claus alt...

Will it...

Actually be called Claus?

Like with Alph and the Koopalings and ****?

Cause that would be ****ing fantastic. They wouldn't even really have to change anything, that thing already looks pretty much exactly like Claus.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I kind of wonder.

The Claus alt...

Will it...

Actually be called Claus?

Like with Alph and the Koopalings and ****?

Cause that would be ****ing fantastic. They wouldn't even really have to change anything, that already looks exactly like Claus.
I feel like they wouldn't do it because it'd only be affecting one of his palettes and they wouldn't deem it important enough to really include but who knows I may be wrong but a simple color palette -> completely different character like Alph and the Koopalings is a different story and warrant much more of a name change tbh.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I'm gonna main the Claus Alternate like always, but the Boney one will be used often too.

Khao

Smash Lord
I feel like they wouldn't do it because it'd only be affecting one of his palettes and they wouldn't deem it important enough to really include but who knows I may be wrong but a simple color palette -> completely different character like Alph and the Koopalings is a different story and warrant much more of a name change tbh.
It should be a fairly trivial task, though, they'd basically just have to create the sound files for the crowd chant and the announcer call. Voice could perfectly stay the same, since we don't ever really hear either Claus or Lucas's voice, and though they do have slightly different hairstyles in both their in-game sprites and the clay model thingies, they're more than similar enough for the same model being acceptable, I'd say. (Not that I'd mind them redoing the hair though, but I guess we already know that's not happening right now.)

But all this is pretty much just wishful thinking, yeah. =P

Drippy

Smash Ace
It should be a fairly trivial task, though, they'd basically just have to create the sound files for the crowd chant and the announcer call. Voice could perfectly stay the same, since we don't ever really hear either Claus or Lucas's voice, and though they do have slightly different hairstyles in both their in-game sprites and the clay model thingies, they're more than similar enough for the same model being acceptable, I'd say. (Not that I'd mind them redoing the hair though, but I guess we already know that's not happening right now.)

But all this is pretty much just wishful thinking, yeah. =P
Like I mean I want it too, that'd be amazing but I really don't think they'd go through all that work (even if it seems like a little) just for one simple recolor (and I know it's suppose to be Claus and they're twins but yea :()

Khao

Smash Lord
Now that I think of it, you can basically use the exact same argument I'm using for characters like Daisy, or Blood Falcon anyway, and they didn't give those names of their own.

So I guess there's no way it's happening.

Still nice to dream, though.

Last edited:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
My only problem with the Claus palette swap is that the hair is backwards. :/
Also, a Pigmask Commander outfit for Lucas would be <3 <3 <3

Top Bottom