• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas : Ness Speculation Thread. Lucas Ness Styled Costume Added!!!

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
It should, could, would, But I posted this here a few days back because it doesn't go entirely in depth about lucas, there's been some arguments about just the game itself.

read, you'll enjoy.

Well, Luigi and jiggs? :/
Luigi is a given, most people aren't worried about him. Ness, apparently people want him out. :///

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say Luigi is confirmed, and the same goes for Jigglypuff (who was mentioned by David Hayter). It is possible that they both just made a mistake in mentioning them. This doesn't seem as likely, but seeing as "confirmed" means "we know this for sure", neither are confirmed.
Luigi is not confirmed... it was OBVIOUS the guy had no idea of what the hell he was talking about.

Jiggly, on the other hand, HAD to get a "Snake Entry" recorded by Hayter... remember? She's as good as confirmed.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Don't overthink the "none of the clones have been confirmed!" Literally NONE of he unlockables characters from either game have been revealed. In fact, the only vets revealed have been starters. So it goes without saying, as best, he just wanted to get all the starters out the way at first, and at worst, he's not going to confirm the unlockables of the past games because they're unlockable in this game.

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
As much as i can tell, Ness could probably get new movesets since Lucas is probably done the way Sakurai wanted him to be in melee. But now since Ness became really important in the smash bros series, he could simply change 1 or 2 moves to make him like luigi is for mario.

Oh and by the way, I think all the attack moves from Lucas will be different from Ness's moves, which means lucas could play totally differently since special moves are less important than attack moves.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
As much as i can tell, Ness could probably get new movesets since Lucas is probably done the way Sakurai wanted him to be in melee. But now since Ness became really important in the smash bros series, he could simply change 1 or 2 moves to make him like luigi is for mario.

Oh and by the way, I think all the attack moves from Lucas will be different from Ness's moves, which means lucas could play totally differently since special moves are less important than attack moves.

Yeh, but people were saying that some of Lucas's moves arent even his and kinda just stole them from Ness? I dunno. I'd like to think that Ness is still returning though. :(

Not sure if this helps anything, but notice how Lucas's entrance is him just riding on a stupid table and Ness's was him exploding onto the stage with his PK thunder? You'd think Lucas would steal that entrance if Ness didn't return. :0

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yeh, but people were saying that some of Lucas's moves arent even his and kinda just stole them from Ness? I dunno. I'd like to think that Ness is still returning though. :(

Not sure if this helps anything, but notice how Lucas's entrance is him just riding on a stupid table and Ness's was him exploding onto the stage with his PK thunder? You'd think Lucas would steal that entrance if Ness didn't return. :0
...?

Of course not. Entrances have nothing to do with actual gameplay.

And that table is AWESOME.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Actually, Ness used PSI Teleport to appear in Smash 64...

Hasn't anyone thought that Ninten will replace Ness? He could keep his physical moves but have all new special moves. Kinda like how Nightmare was split into Siegfried and Nightmare in the transition between Soul Calibur 2 and 3.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

Hasn't anyone thought that Ninten will replace Ness? He could keep his physical moves but have all new special moves. Kinda like how Nightmare was split into Siegfried and Nightmare in the transition between Soul Calibur 2 and 3.
Eh... no.

I mean in theory, just like they have no reason to add Ness, they have no reason to add Ninten.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

You sure? I thought I remember him exploding or something. :ohwell:

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
PSI Teleport *IS* the exploding...

Lucas never learned it, due to Mother 3's chapter based gameplay.

And don't call me a smart *** just because you made a stupid point.
Yeah, when they hit something when trying to teleport, they go all explodey. The games teleport system is very unique in that you have to run around (or in a circle if you have the second level) in order to initiate the teleport. If you hit something, the party goes all explodey and the teleport is cancelled.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Eh... no.

I mean in theory, just like they have no reason to add Ness, they have no reason to add Ninten.
Are you sure? Maybe Sakurai wanted to use a stage from Mother 1... (Hey, I'm just throwing ideas out there.) I definitely think that the Mother series deserves more than one character for Brawl.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is cool enough that I don't care a whole lot if Ness is out, even though I love him. I just want a home run bat too.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Hmm. So, what everyone is hoping for is...

the unlockables to return, at least as unlockables.
with new movesets?
at least for the most part.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I looked at the photoshop Ness costume, that must have been the one mentioned in the podcast. Looks awful, but I guess I see it.

I really don't use or like Ness, so this seems like a big waste of time. But I still there he might be a hidden character AND not a clone. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quite frankly I'm amazed there were more than 10 people in the world that used him regularly.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
^against what most of the terrorists have been saying, I think it may be some proof that the Lucas moves update was tricky phrasing. It says, "So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series." Didnt specify how handicaps were implemented. Say it aloud once, doesnt sound at all right, does it? No, because its wrong. Deal with it, saying otherwise is just plain ridiculous. Nuff said.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
actually captain falcon had a completely different costume, too. his alternate costume was of his clone in his series, blood falcon.

Just looking at the translation of the site is bogus. The Lucas announcement still says "Can he surpass Ness?" Wouldn't Ness have to be present to be able to do that?
Sorry, but until the game comes out and Ness isn't anywhere or it's announced (unlikely) then I'll safely assume Ness is in.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Just looking at the translation of the site is bogus. The Lucas announcement still says "Can he surpass Ness?" Wouldn't Ness have to be present to be able to do that?
Sorry, but until the game comes out and Ness isn't anywhere or it's announced (unlikely) then I'll safely assume Ness is in.
EPIC FAIL!

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
Further deconfirmed Ness, as this "until now" deconfirmed the old handicap system and introduced a new one.

*sigh* poor Ness...
It only depends in the way you see it.

------------------------
Quote from the dojo: So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
------------------------

You can clearly see that this sentence says that the handicap system is still in and you can guess that he's going to add another sentence justifying it.

On Lucas' update, the sentence was the same thing.

But anyway, I'll stay with my main argument, if Ness was deconfirmed, Sakurai would have made a sentence clearly saying that he's out. Because right now, that little twist of word is only causing trouble in the Earthbound fan base.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The sad truth is that Ness hasn't been working out since Melee, and it turns out that those years haven't been too nice on his physical fitness:

So, Sakurai called Lucas instead.

LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well hey! Ness could still be in. :)
But I've come to think that this arguement won't end until january 24th -.-'
No, no it won't. I actually really like the character Ness for aesthtic reasons, but Lucas is also a good character too with a lot of depth to his story and character. Only time will tell....
And Giglamesh, that picture was totally offensive to young children everywhere. Take it off so we don't offend the populuce of fat children. We must be politically correct after all.

Chepe

Smash Lord
One thing I will say, that if Lucas has a Ness "costume", he will really only change clothes and perhaps hair color, but no hat. Yeah, costumes as we know them are only color swaps that mimic another character, but facial appearance and such dont change. A hat is a pretty big difference that a costume cant cover. Its like adding a ponytail to Diddy's pink outfit to make him look like Dixie, or changing Samus' shoulder pads on the fusion costume...

I also disagree about the back air being like Ness' neutral air. I would say its more of a Ness back air with a down air effect near the end. As in, Lucas will start the attack by kicking backwards like Ness (only with one leg pulled in like the screenshot shows), then he swings back to upright midair position and that movement is the part that meteors. It makes more sense considering Sakurai's caption...

Top Bottom