• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Miiverse Stage, And Splatoon Costumes Available June 14th!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
All this people asking for nerfs should ask for buffs instead. What if they nerf the top tiers in power? The low tiers would still be mediocre characters.

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
If Ness gets nerfed, I'm switching to Lucas. Either way, he'll at least be a secondary or tertiary for me. B]

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
I have a regional to attend on the 13th and 14th. This'll be interesting.
Gonna body ZeRo when they nerf all his characters.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I think the best feature they could add to Smash 4 is a stage editor that lets you edit preexisting stages. Freezing stages and removing hazard would make Smash 4's stagelist SO GOOD.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I wonder if this update will bring customs to mewtwo

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
**any character is top tier** "Nerf this character they're too strong!"

This could happen through like 20 patches eventually making the current lowest, the top, and the cycle of complaining and demanding nerfs would never end.

There's a difference between "this is broken and thus OP, nerf it" and "this requires skill to pull off"

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
lol People complaining about wanting to see a character get nerfed or some **** like that are even worse than people complaining about Bruce Jenner transitioning to a woman.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing pm lucas and no smash 4 for a while so time to play brawl lucas and ness 4 to prepare to use Lucas

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.
Except maybe Sheik? Really? She takes more skill than all the others probably....
Good luck killing a player as good as you without putting him over 160%....
Just like you said before, If you're losing to Sheik players, it's always because they are just way better at the game than you.

Lyn is assist trophy she can't be playable unless if your talking about project m
It's not like they cannot just remove her AT and maybe put a new one in its place....
I just wish they would do that :c

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Mario has maybe two bad matchups, so I guess he's overpowered. Is that your logic? Besides, Rosalina definitely has some bad matchups besides Sheik. She's far from overpowered.
If I were to agree with you about Mario having only 2 bad matchups(not sure), I believe he also has a whole bunch of even-ish matchups. He's good but not a great character, he's balanced.

Rosalina on the other hand, again, has no bad matchups outside of possibly Sheik. Trust me, I've scoured Smashboards and have talked to lots of people, and have found no consensus about poor matchups.
ZeRo himself said that Rosalina was kept in check in the last patch by Diddy, and now that he was nerfed Rosalina has no one to keep her in check. Not only does she have no bad matchups outside of *maybe* Sheik, she has very advantageous matchups versus most of the cast. There's a bit of a learning curve for her which has prevented her from winning tons of tournaments, but once people figure out how to play her she's going to be unstoppable. To say that she has "some bad matchups" is quite frankly misinformed.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Alright, I'm calling it right now. Nerfs are gonna be what ruins Sm4sh. Too many people a screaming "NERF IT" right when anything seems good. As far as i can tell the characters are pretty well "balanced" as it is. Just play the game awhile and learn tricks to use against the "Overpowered" characters.

And after buying Mewtwo and being alittle upset at how bad I am with him weak he is, i think ill hold off on Lucas until i think he is usable with my playstyle.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If I were to agree with you about Mario having only 2 bad matchups(not sure), I believe he also has a whole bunch of even-ish matchups. He's good but not a great character, he's balanced.

Rosalina on the other hand, again, has no bad matchups outside of possibly Sheik. Trust me, I've scoured Smashboards and have talked to lots of people, and have found no consensus about poor matchups.
ZeRo himself said that Rosalina was kept in check in the last patch by Diddy, and now that he was nerfed Rosalina has no one to keep her in check. Not only does she have no bad matchups outside of *maybe* Sheik, she has very advantageous matchups versus most of the cast. There's a bit of a learning curve for her which has prevented her from winning tons of tournaments, but once people figure out how to play her she's going to be unstoppable. To say that she has "some bad matchups" is quite frankly misinformed.
To argue with someone who's been maining the character since the game first came out is frankly misinformed. To say that Mario is "not a great character" is pathetically misinformed. You're not in a position to call me anything of the sort. It's obvious you know nothing of either character, so why should I "trust you?" Mario is regarded as one of the best characters in the game, and Rosalina has her share of bad matchups. Some even say Mario's matchup against Rosalina is good. Sheik, Yoshi, Falcon, and debatably Jigglypuff, to name a few, all give Rosalina a hard time.

Last edited:

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me which attack is a clone of Ness' arsenal, you'll get a bowl of cookies if you do.
PK fire
PK thunder
One of his specials absorbs percentage
His stick essentially functions as a baseball bat
Dair is a spike

These observations are from the trailer. I expect extra salt and cheese on my cookies.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
PK fire
PK thunder
Dair is a spike

These observations are from the trailer. I expect extra salt and cheese on my cookies.
PK Fire hits once, not multiple times.
His PSI Magnet has a hitbox and covers his entire body.
A stick is not a baseball bat.
His down air does not spike.
Hope you like your cookie oxygen-flavored.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
lol People complaining about wanting to see a character get nerfed or some **** like that are even worse than people complaining about Bruce Jenner transitioning to a woman.
It's because they want Rosalina nerfed, isn't it?

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
PK fire
PK thunder
Dair is a spike

PK Fire for Lucas hit's once.
PK Thunder hits multiple times.
That's the back-air you're talking about, we haven't seen the down air in action to know if it still sends opponents downward.

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
PK Fire hits once, not multiple times.
His PSI Magnet has a hitbox and covers his entire body.
A stick is not a baseball bat.
His down air does not spike.
Hope you like your cookie oxygen-flavored.
You're reaching way too hard, and about the dair, watch the trailer again.
Dr. Mario must not be a Mario/Luigi clone because their similar moves have slightly different properties.
I said that the stick essentially functions as the bat. This is true; watch the trailer, Sm4sher.

I hope all of you voted for Dr. Dark Lucina on the smash ballot.

Last edited:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
PK fire
PK thunder
Dair is a spike

Luigi is more of a clone than Lucas is.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You're reaching way too hard, and about the dair, watch the trailer again.
Dr. Mario must not be a Mario/Luigi clone because their similar moves have slightly different properties.
I said that the stick essentially functions as the bat. This is true; watch the trailer, Sm4sher.

I hope all of you voted for Dr. Dark Lucina on the smash ballot.
I'M reaching too hard? "His dair is a spike," so I guess Falcon and Samus must be clones, too, huh? Is Falco a clone of Ness? His down air spikes. And Dr. Mario is not a clone of Luigi because Luigi isn't a clone of Mario. Two more things you got wrong: Lucas' stick does not function like Ness' bat because Ness' bat is stronger at the tip and reflects projectiles, while Lucas' does not. And that wasn't his down air that spiked, that was his back air. Try again.

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
I'M reaching too hard? "His dair is a spike," so I guess Falcon and Samus must be clones, too, huh? Is Falco a clone of Ness? His down air spikes. And Dr. Mario is not a clone of Luigi because Luigi isn't a clone of Mario. Two more things you got wrong: Lucas' stick does not function like Ness' bat because Ness' bat is stronger at the tip and reflects projectiles, while Lucas' does not. And that wasn't his down air that spiked, that was his back air. Try again.
"Falcon and Samus must be clones, too, huh?"
One similar move. I listed several that Lucas and Ness have with minimalistic differences in properties.

"And Dr. Mario is not a clone of Luigi because Luigi isn't a clone of Mario."
Doc's d-special resembles the Luigi cyclone, so I attributed his clone properties to both Luigi and Mario; this is not an uncommon observation. Are you trying to deny that Doc is a clone?

"Lucas' stick does not function like Ness' bat because Ness' bat is stronger at the tip and reflects projectiles, while Lucas' does not."
You can clearly see Lucas reflect a projectile with his stick in the trailer; you should watch it sometime. And again, minimalistic property differences like sweetspot positions do not help defend your position. Marth's sweetspot was the tip of his sword in Melee, while Roy's was at the handle... Does that mean that they weren't clones?

"And that wasn't his down air that spiked, that was his back air"
I'll admit defeat here, for now, but I'm more curious to know how you picked up on this but not the reflective properties of the stick. Both were in the trailer... And when Lucas is playable, we will see whether their dairs are similar. Until then, continue fanboying over paid DLC as Sakurai leans back in his seat from laughter over releasing a clone/semi-clone that people will actually purchase.

I assume you will try to argue that Roy is not a Marth/Lucina clone when he is revealed. Oh, boy. I can taste the salt already.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I hope people remember that they promised tournament mode and never went through with it. Also, Game and Watch needs some buffs since he suffers the most from landing lag.

Plus, he's the only character whose loading screen tips contain lies.

Oil Panic - "This bucket can hold all manner of projectiles. Once filled, unleash the contents on an unsuspecting foe."

Oil Panic - "This will only absorb energy-based projectiles. It won't affect physical ones, like Link's arrows."

He needs to be able to absorb ALL explosives!
Rosalina's tips say that Luma can be controlled when she's grabbed, which isn't true either. Also, one of the tips incorrectly states that killing Metal Face gives KO credit. These could use another look for the update.

Top Bottom