• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Miiverse Stage, And Splatoon Costumes Available June 14th!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hope there's no balancing. I mean, I have a capture device now, but still annoying to lose all your repllays. Plus, I grow weary when seeing commets like "Please nerf so and so because I hate 'em!" "or "Buff so and so because my main!"

Last edited:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.
Right! Characters should only receive nerfs if its something ridiculously broken.

The only nerfs I could see coming is that it appears nintendo is all about that death around 120%, so I could see characters getting nerfed to kill closer to that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I hope people remember that they promised tournament mode and never went through with it. Also, Game and Watch needs some buffs since he suffers the most from landing lag.

Plus, he's the only character whose loading screen tips contain lies.

Oil Panic - "This bucket can hold all manner of projectiles. Once filled, unleash the contents on an unsuspecting foe."

Oil Panic - "This will only absorb energy-based projectiles. It won't affect physical ones, like Link's arrows."

He needs to be able to absorb ALL explosives!
XD landing lag. Sounds like someone never seen Zelda.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.
obviously youre not going to want nerfs since youre a rosalina main, quit being biased and take the nerf, your character is too strong. same goes for luigi, pikachu, and shiek. i think if we nerf these 4 characters the meta will flourish because everyone will be dropping the op characters and start using more mid tier characters orrrr characters that acctually take skill

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I can't remember, did they say there would be any kind of screening process for miiverse pics in the miiverse stage? I don't want to be fighting in front of multiple crudely drawn penises.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
obviously youre not going to want nerfs since youre a rosalina main, quit being biased and take the nerf, your character is too strong. same goes for luigi, pikachu, and shiek. i think if we nerf these 4 characters the meta will flourish because everyone will be dropping the op characters and start using more mid tier characters orrrr characters that acctually take skill
Rosalina is one of the most progressive top tiers in the history of the franchise. She's completely different and isn't just mindless rushdown, she takes a lot of practice to use at a high level.

If you're losing to Rosalina players, it's always because they are just way better at the game than you.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I hope we also get the new KK Mii Outfit soon and/or a confirmation of wave 2 for Mii Outfits

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rosalina is one of the most progressive top tiers in the history of the franchise. She's completely different and isn't just mindless rushdown, she takes a lot of practice to use at a high level.

If you're losing to Rosalina players, it's always because they are just way better at the game than you.
If she is too powerful, not saying she is or not, then balance will look at her.

Being unique is good, but being too strong over the cast is not.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
good news to hear. btw Iucas just looks much better in this game. the way his eyebrows are and his smile just makes him look bad***. I hope there is another balanced patch as well. they really need to buff some of the mediocre characters in this game and maybe slightly nerf a couple of the really good characters like giving luigi's down throw a little more knockback. (don't hate me, but I think its kinda cheap how his down throw to some kill move is pretty much guaranteed at high percents.) im also glad to see the miiverse stage. maybe tournaments will allow that stage in. it looks pretty balanced.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If she is too powerful, not saying she is or not, then balance will look at her.

Being unique is good, but being too strong over the cast is not.
She's not too powerful though. She takes a lot of skill to use and a lot of practice, and not just anyone can win with her.

"Too powerful" would be Meta Knight in Brawl where any dunce could just pick him up and win with him because the rest of the cast couldn't punish.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice

That's not true. While she may not be the easiest character to learn, it's clear that she has tools that most of the cast doesn't have an answer to. Just because she isn't easy to learn doesn't make her not overpowered. Having essentially no negative matchups whatsoever(besides MAYBE Sheik) makes her overpowered and very deserving of a nerf.

Last edited:

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Balance? Like who? I don't have anyone in particular in mind that needs some major balancing/nerfing?
Huuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrduurrrrrrr Luigi gets like 40% 60% off grabs, and by pressing the b button you get free stage control. Pikachu is untouchable offstage and wins neutrual by using quick attack. all shiek does is Fair.

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
That's not true. While she may not be the easiest character to learn, it's clear that she has tools that most of the cast doesn't have an answer to. Just because she isn't easy to learn doesn't make her not overpowered. Having essentially no negative matchups whatsoever(besides MAYBE Sheik) makes her overpowered and very deserving of a nerf.
'Dem rosey's be wallin' fur deyz!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
She's not too powerful though. She takes a lot of skill to use and a lot of practice, and not just anyone can win with her.

"Too powerful" would be Meta Knight in Brawl where any dunce could just pick him up and win with him because the rest of the cast couldn't punish.
The first paragraph could apply to Fox in Melee.

If Melee was patchable I'd nerf his furry butt instantly without a second thought.

A character taking skill shouldn't be relevant to balance. Same with a character being easier or harder.

Metaknight actually takes some skill to actually play at a top level, same with fox in Melee. But as you agree balance would nerf both is possible.

Some players think Rosa is too strong, I have no opinion at this time, do you think she isn't a top tier character? If she is, that is why some people think she might need toning, like she has been in every patch.

Now, too tier =/= doesn't mean must nerf and we okay musical chairs in the top tier seat like WoW does with classes. Only if in perspective with the cast if she is too strong.

Shiek fits this in smash 4, IMO, where she is a tad too strong. Rosa I'm not as sure. My opinion though.

Some players like Zero have said she needs it though.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The official Japanese smash Bros. Twitter account announced that Lucas alongside the long awaited Mii Verse stage and Splatoon costumes for Miis would be available to purchase on June 14th! Lucas will be available for $3.99 for one game, and $4.99 for both games. The Miiverse stage will come free with the update, but the boy and girl Splatoon outfits will cost $0.75 for one version and $1.15 for both alongside a Squid Hat which will have the same prices.

There is no news yet on if this patch will bring balances changes of any kind or any other changes to the game minus this new DLC. The anticipation will just keep mounting as we slowly crawl towards the 14th! Excited to see this new content in Smash? Tell us about it in the comments below!

SmashCapps is excited yet apprehensive of all the new Lucas players that are sure to pop up very soon. To see his impressions on the new DLC and keep up with all Smash related news follow him on Twitter.
I hope releasing soon dosen't become a issue in the future this game

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
Huuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrduurrrrrrr Luigi gets like 40% 60% off grabs, and by pressing the b button you get free stage control. Pikachu is untouchable offstage and wins neutrual by using quick attack. all shiek does is Fair.
Well, I have been out of the scene for a while. It's what a nub for a 3ds circle pad will do to you. I was ignorant of these issues. I'm not sure Pika is cheap, though. :S

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
I swear, the people complaining about nerfing characters are thee absolute bane of this community. It is so depressing to read. This game has more balance than any Smash title ever. A freaking Metakinight won the Norcal tournament last night. Any character is viable in the right hands. This crying for nerfs will not make you a better player. You will still be a scrub finding things to complain about instead of putting in the work required to get to the top.

On topic, Lucas will be bought day 1. I am thinking the next character will be third party for some reason. I do not have any hopes; however, I simply have a feeling.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have been out of the scene for a while. It's what a nub for a 3ds circle pad will do to you. I was ignorant of these issues. I'm not sure Pika is cheap, though. :S
pikachu has alot of hidden potential, on paper hes the best in the game but the only problem is he doesnt have any representives like zero and dabuz or boss so no one wants to pick him up. There is Esam but that guy keeps leaving and re entering the scene like every month.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Looks like Miiverse stage is free, which is definitely cool, though I'm surprised Tournament mode seems to not be ready yet. I'm also curious to see if we will discover new files similar to the Roy/Ryu/Dreamland leak, though I'd prefer to not see any to not spoil more surprises. And now I'm waiting for the complete patch note to be released. Will we have balance changes for example? But what I'm mostly looking for is: will we finally get Mewtwo's custom moves?!

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
pikachu has alot of hidden potential, on paper hes the best in the game but the only problem is he doesnt have any representives like zero and dabuz or boss so no one wants to pick him up. There is Esam but that guy keeps quitting and re entering the scene like every month.
What about you? I see your profile pic is of the yellow menace himself.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That single sentence tells me that you know nothing about any of those characters. And what is it with people who can't spell Sheik?
Mario has maybe two bad matchups, so I guess he's overpowered. Is that your logic? Besides, Rosalina definitely has some bad matchups besides Sheik. She's far from overpowered.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Can't wait!! Lucas was my favorite Brawl character... I've been hoping for this since the very first announcement of Sm4sh. :-)

So I've noticed a lot of people have pretty much accepted this Roy & Ryu rumor to be true.

Has any other hacker/coder/whatever found the files that original dude found? Or are we still going off of one persons word?

(here's to hoping it IS true)

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
That single sentence tells me that you know nothing about any of those characters. And what is it with people who can't spell Sheik?

Mario has maybe two bad matchups, so I guess he's overpowered. Is that your logic? Besides, Rosalina definitely has some bad matchups besides Sheik. She's far from overpowered.
Like Sonic being another bad match-up against her! :D But damn can Rosa get annoying when she walls. Ugh!

Last edited:

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
I'm gonna get those Splatoon costumes w/ the code I got from GameStop, but I may not get Lucas. I knew I shouldn't have bought those Pikmin short movies.

Top Bottom