• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' Infinite

Uffe

Smash Hero
Last night after getting home from a baseball game, I decided to go on SmashBoards and see what was up at the Ness boards. A new topic was made and apparently you guys have an infinite on Ness? Not sure when this happened or why I never see it, but I'm wondering now since the Wii has been dead for about two months now and I can't test this myself. So do you guys have an infinite on Ness or no? I searched before making this topic and can't say I found anything.

Here's the original topic: Help with the Regrab

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This coulda been asked in the Q&A, thread, Uffe... :ohwell:

It's pretty old, actually, someone used it on me like in February.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wanted to get their side on this since I've never even heard of this. But I guess I made myself look like a moron.

Uffe

Smash Hero
well doesn't Lucas have an infinite on a ditto Lucas?
I haven't got a clue. Ness and Lucas aren't exactly the same, though. Another reason I'm asking is because if Lucas has an infinite on Ness, wouldn't that mean he has some other infinites?

lil cj

Smash Lord
well doesn't Lucas have an infinite on a ditto Lucas?
Yes he does have one on another Lucas
and Ness as well...I use it on other Lucas' all the time
its pretty funny and racks up some fast damage,
just watch your timing though

I haven't got a clue. Ness and Lucas aren't exactly the same, though. Another reason I'm asking is because if Lucas has an infinite on Ness, wouldn't that mean he has some other infinites?
If there are then they havnt been discovered yet
The reason Lucas has an infinite on Ness and another Lucas
is because both Ness and Lucas have more frames on their grab release animations
than any other character, making them immobile and sitting ducks(notice after they are released they spread their arms out when they land)
after being released from a grab...another character that has something
similar is Wario but thats a different story.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
But I guess I made myself look like a moron.
Not at all.

As for your second question, I think Lucas' infinite is only on Ness, because he (and Lucas) are the only two in the game with such long ground break animations; they have the largest amount of frames in which they can't do anything. I dunno the exact number of frames, but I think it's more than anyone else. That's why grab release is such a problem for them, because of the lethal options opponents have after forcing a ground break on them...

Technically, yeah, Lucas' infinite should also work on himself. Which is... kinda funny.

EDIT: lil cj ninja'd me.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
i heard somewhere that dk has 10 less frames than everyone else while the mother boys have 10 more. i think sakurai was all "ohoho let's make it so that a giant ape is so strong that he recovers quickly but the two little boys are too much of wusses to recover fast enough".

if there ever is another extension to SSB i just hope sakurai makes it so that all grab releases are on even grounds. lucas could be B tier minimum if it weren't for this stupid mechanic.

Chuee

Smash Hero
i heard somewhere that Bowser has 10 less frames than everyone else while the mother boys have 10 more. i think sakurai was all "ohoho let's make it so that a giant turtle dragon thing is so strong that he recovers quickly but the two little boys are too much of wusses to recover fast enough".
Fixed
10fixedquotes

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
lucas has no infinite on lucas or ness. There's time to spotdodge the grab.
Yeah, there's enough time to spotdodge it.
Just most people won't end up spotdodging and will try to jump or do some other ridiculous tactic, they just assume it's an infinite because they didn't think out every possible alternative they can attempt.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
When jump breaking the releaser has 20 frames advantage, but usually the released is too far to be able to attack the released before 20 frames have gone.
Wario has exactly the same amount of inmobile frames when both jump breaking or ground breaking than any other character, but his jump breaking he escapes almost no horizontal distance at all. He can get infinite by several characters and the rest able to force him to jump break can do grab release combos. Fortunately for Wario he is so hard to grab. No worry against Ness/Lucas, both are unable to force him to jump break.

Squirtle has one can be infinite jump break chaingrabbed by ZSS. His jump break also sucks if not as much as Wario's one does.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
lucas has no infinite on lucas or ness. There's time to spotdodge the grab.
thank you for clearing this up
lucas can't regrab because his grab is just too slow (13 frames), he can ftilt or dtilt, and you have enough time to space your dtilt and induce a trip (hitting with the tip of Lucas' foot). Hitting with dtil't's tip has like 70% chance to trip the opponent, so if you are really lucky, you can grab release+dtilt+regrab Ness
i heard somewhere that dk has 10 less frames than everyone else while the mother boys have 10 more.
i heard somewhere that Bowser has 10 less frames than everyone else while the mother boys have 10 more.

Fixed
10fixedquotes
if DK is the one who got grabbed, he reacts 10 frames faster than the opponent
if Bowser is the one who grabbed, he reacts 10 frames faster than the opponent
if Lucas/Ness got a grab release, they react 10 frames slower than the opponent
if Bowser induce a grab release on Lucas/Ness, he has 20 frames to punish the little boys

Top Bottom