• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Has A Mewtwo-ism!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, as you know, Mewtwo had many horrible qualities making him a pretty bad character overall...

ONE OF THEM being having the only Dsmash to NOT hit on both sides.

Lucas has this disfigurment. EVERYONE IN THE GAME except him has Dsmashes hitting on both sides.

Just a notice.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
However, Lucas' dsmash is made of considerably more fail, as it is not supplied by the awesome power of disco.

Levitas

the moon
Snake's doesn't hit on either side of him, and ZSS has the same disfigurement.

But Lucas is clearly the one inheriting the Disco from Mewtwo. Look at his down taunt and hair.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Making a d-smash hit on only one side but making it the strongest d-smash in the game, I think I'll accept that trade...

(Also got it to do 44% on a snake who was grabbing the ledge)

It also makes Lucas have the easiest time bringing down the house in Luigi's Mansion. And ZSS's d-smash hits on only one side.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
This discussion is rofl

Also, Lucas doesn't appear to hit on both sides, but trust me it does if you're close enough to him

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
ZSS says hi.

And the triple hit means oodles of damage if you somehow manage to land more than one hit. The duration makes it perfect for punishing a spot dodge. The hitbox is wonderful for smacking someone who wants to grab the ledge.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't see how its a bad smash, one of my favorite Dsmashes actually. its a great spot dodge punishment, and it DOES hit both sides of him and it does i think the most damage of any other Dsmash in brawl and even melee (besides peaches broken Dsmash)

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
hrm last I checked Lucas' dsmash hits three times?
He means when it actually HITS twice. Out of the three hits, you could hit them twice at low percents. I've never seen all 3 hit at once, though that would be awesome. and broken :p

And Lucas's nair is a lot like Mewtwo's nair. Another "Mewtwo-ism", if you will.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i don't see how its a bad smash, one of my favorite Dsmashes actually. its a great spot dodge punishment, and it DOES hit both sides of him and it does i think the most damage of any other Dsmash in brawl and even melee (besides peaches broken Dsmash)
Peachs ol Dsmash wasn't broken lol >_>
and that little old back guard on Lucas Dsmash ain't all that big.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Um I have used it to own both spot dodges and roll dodges.... so it definitely hits on both sides well. Also lasts forever!

PeachyD00M

Smash Rookie
the hitbox behind Lucas is very unexpected, causeing many players to be hit by it because they, like you, didt think it hit behind him.

Also not only does ZSS's down only hit one side (with no magic back hitbox) but i think Snake's Dsmash is pretty lame compaired to Lucas's. Not only can Snake hurt himself with it, but any good player using a character with good projectiles (take PK fire for example) will blow it up and disarm the bomb.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I probably kill with the back hitbox more than the front hitbox, lol. People try to attack me from behind and end up getting zapped, or roll behind me to avoid the blasts in front.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
the hitbox behind Lucas is very unexpected, causeing many players to be hit by it because they, like you, didt think it hit behind him.

Also not only does ZSS's down only hit one side (with no magic back hitbox) but i think Snake's Dsmash is pretty lame compaired to Lucas's. Not only can Snake hurt himself with it, but any good player using a character with good projectiles (take PK fire for example) will blow it up and disarm the bomb.
Snakes is only good in FFA cause people might not see him place it or forget where it is, and Zamus' does only hit on one side it is fun to edge guard with. but i think Lucas' is still better than theirs.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know the back side might even be a bit stronger than the frontside blasts, when i've got it to hit i've noticed it knocks people pretty far away.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Space with the tip, and stick is more versatile and more powerful. Dsmash is for spot-dodgers.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Snakes is only good in FFA cause people might not see him place it or forget where it is, and Zamus' does only hit on one side it is fun to edge guard with. but i think Lucas' is still better than theirs.
snake's is very good for edgeguarding. If you put it at a certain part on the stage, it will always detonate when the opponent's invincibility frames wear off when they get up from the ledge, meaning the only thing they can do is a jump. If you have a nikita floating over them, then you've got them in checkmate.

Lucas's down smash is good.

The reason Mewtwo sucked was because he had difficult KO moves, overall poor priority, lag on a lot of his attacks and not enough speed.

Lucas doesn't have any of these problems.

Top Bottom