• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is sweeping? An aggressive guide to Lucario (99% complete)

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm gonna say uair is Lucario's best kill move. It comes out fast, the hitbox covers Luc's entire body and unlike dair, it doesn't stop your momentum.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Also, I'm gonna say uair is Lucario's best kill move. It comes out fast, the hitbox covers Luc's entire body and unlike dair, it doesn't stop your momentum.
That can be argued. It is a good move, and by no means am i knocking it because I use it all the time, but it really depends on the character that you are facing. A character like D3 will survive it, obviously. but yes it is one of out best kill moves. I would have to agree with that, but not our best.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I thought I posted that in So Lucario is Midtier.

Oh well, since I've posted that here, I'm gonna suggest falling uairs as a good strategy for aggressive Lucarios. Since uair is fast, you can use it as a punisher to get you KOs. Just need make sure you are actually punishing with it, unless you don't mind the landing lag. =/

iRJi

Smash Champion
Huh, I thought I posted that in So Lucario is Midtier.

Oh well, since I've posted that here, I'm gonna suggest falling uairs as a good strategy for aggressive Lucarios. Since uair is fast, you can use it as a punisher to get you KOs. Just need make sure you are actually punishing with it, unless you don't mind the landing lag. =/
Ill take that suggestion and run it through some tests against people. It seems like a reasonable idea to run with. ^_^

iRJi

Smash Champion
Double posting. New section comming up soon. Actually 2. One is a contributions section, for anyone who wants to add anything they desire that is worthwile to be put up. Another is still TBA, but im getting to it. Should be up in a day or so.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Meh, I've been experimenting with Luc's dtilt. It seems like it may be great to set up pseudo-juggles on Marth and the like, but I keep forgetting to test it when I play, blah.

You should also probably note that when pressuring and spacing, there's a difference between reckless attacking and smart aggression. You should always try to think one step ahead, and look for patterns in your play even moreso than when defensive. For example, if I fair-dair x character while his back is to the ledge, if he has a bad recovery, he probably wouldn't shield because he might get pushed off. However, if he's always shielded my previous approaches, then chances are he'll do it again and I should probably do it now to push him off with the first hit of dair and hit him offstage with the second. (Yes this often works if they're close enough to the ledge/edge of a platform.) Meanwhile, if he's not close enough I might fsmash to push him back towards the edge, etc.

Also, I'm a fan of the dthrow bair trap.

Anyways, bottom line is that aggression is harder to play and riskier than defense, and you have to have much better prediction skills to pull it off, especially with a limited-offense character like Lucario. It's why nobody can emulate Azen or M2K properly. :<

Don't quote me on this. I'm bad at wording things, bleh.

hough123

Smash Ace
I have an idea for something you could talk about: Fear.
At high %'s, Lucario is feared by most every character. That is, until they realize one hit will send you to kingdom come. To keep your high %, you need to keep this fear in your opponent. Fear can keep them from attacking, approaching, or killing among other things. Things that could induce fear could be like a fully charged AS, as opposed to a 9/10 charged one so that your opponent could know that you could release a flaming blue exercise ball at them at any moment.

I guess this would count as a mindgame more than anything else, though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I just love the recklessness some do, especially if you master DI'ing to survive and they start getting really disoriented and are like "omg, whyishenotdead!?!" and start trying more riskier things that make punishing loads easier and by the time you die they are in the 50-70%. You got to really know how to recover with lucario though, or else it will end really quickly without any reward.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Another we to instill fear is by not showing it yourself. attack with caution but dont let your opponent see that. if he sees that lucario is unafraid to die he'll get even more disoriented.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Another we to instill fear is by not showing it yourself. attack with caution but dont let your opponent see that. if he sees that lucario is unafraid to die he'll get even more disoriented.
Actually...I have done that....

People start throwing smashes at you...(or in some cases...tilts and grenade counters or whatever the **** they have that has more priority than the move you have... )

Sometimes...that is a curse.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
yeah i get those a lot too, thats why i said attack with caution. just dont let the opponent see your being careful

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I've always found lucario's offensive rush game to be exquisite; once he gets going its hard to stop him. Lots of fairs and nairs are hard to counter and since nair has very little landing lag,

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Actually Lucarios arent really built for an assault like that. Thats why the research for other options is continuing.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Updated with:

Approaching with Lucario and how to stop approaches.

This is just for my personal reference. You guys can do w/e with it, but like I said, I think I have solve my own tourney issue.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Updated with:

List of what style to use against each character (Agg.5)

Again, this is for my own preference.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
you wouldnt mind if i print this would you?
I highly doubt anyone would really care, but I'm not sure why you'd want to.

If you're going to print something, you should print something more universal from a more reliable source, like The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I highly doubt anyone would really care, but I'm not sure why you'd want to.

If you're going to print something, you should print something more universal from a more reliable source, like The Art of War by Sun Tzu.
I already have the art of war in my bookcase :/

besides, im printing a lot of these kind of stuff for a small scrapbook im making about the lucario.

Top Bottom