• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario counters

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Characters who can rack up damage without sacrificing killpower. I think Captain Falcon's one of his worst matchups.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Characters that excel at the following:

-high pressure
-reliable early percent kill setups
-fast characters with good aerial mobility or control

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I believe Ganon and Bowser do pretty well vs. Lucario.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What exactly counters lucario?
Fox? Maybe? I think he's our worst matchup, but we can exploit his lightness and juggle him a bit.

Falcon can't do anything, but get hit if Lucario decides to charge AS with his back towards the stage while Douglas tries to recover post 60% or so.

If Yoshi had a reflector he'd probably be the best to counter Lucario. Due to them fast and disjointed hitboxes.

Truth is I don't think anything really outright counters Lucario.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'd have to say Falcon.
Maybe Luigi because getting grabbed twice into KO percent is ****ing stressful but that may be more so a personal thing.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
:4falcon:and:4fox:I think give all Lucario mains trouble, but personally also:4rob::4ness::4luigi: and maybe:4mewtwo:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What the...

A big NO to Mewtwo.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
Well, think about it. Mewtwo and Lucario are the definition of glass cannon, but in different ways. Mewtwo can easily kill and also easily get killed, while Lucario can't kill at all until at higher percents. In an even match, let's say Mewtwo kills fairly early, perhaps, 85% with an up smash or whatever. Lucario is now at a stock disadvantage AND cant kill Mewtwo who may also be at 85% and be killed by almost every other character in the game. Lucario can't combo and can't kill, leaving him in a HUGE disadvantage. However, if Lucario kills first, Mewtwo is way behind. So that's why I think Mewtwo is possibly not the best of matchups for Lucario.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I've been using Mewtwo against Lucario and I do feel as if Mewtwo has the advantage, though i don't know if it's enough to be called a "counter."

Aura is a factor in every Lucario matchup, but what I've found is that Mewtwo has little reason to be afraid of Lucario's attacks even at high percents. One of Mewtwo's weaknesses is that it has low traction similar to Luigi, so it gets pushed back by strong attacks even while shielding. However, Lucario's more dangerous attacks have a great deal of end lag to them, so even though Mewtwo gets pushed away, it can often run in after blocking and retaliate. If you're at about 130% as Lucario, that means getting grabbed and up thrown for a KO. It's also a big factor that Mewtwo can not only match Lucario projectile for projectile but also reflect its own Aura Sphere and Force Palm back in Lucario's face.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Mewtwo's Confusion is slow... Any Lucario worth his salt will not be so easily grabbed too.

Mewtwo is always vulnerable in at least two directions. Have you fought any good Lucarios? I think it's in Luc's favor since weight and bark bark Aura.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's pretty heavy in lucario's favor since mewtwo is one of those rare gems of a matchup for us where we dumpster him at neutral. In theory mewtwo should do well against us, in reality he doesn't because he's one of the worst characters in the game.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think the aura mechanic itself prevents anyone from outright countering us but we sure do have disadvantageous matchups.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Well, think about it. Mewtwo and Lucario are the definition of glass cannon, but in different ways. Mewtwo can easily kill and also easily get killed, while Lucario can't kill at all until at higher percents. In an even match, let's say Mewtwo kills fairly early, perhaps, 85% with an up smash or whatever. Lucario is now at a stock disadvantage AND cant kill Mewtwo who may also be at 85% and be killed by almost every other character in the game. Lucario can't combo and can't kill, leaving him in a HUGE disadvantage. However, if Lucario kills first, Mewtwo is way behind. So that's why I think Mewtwo is possibly not the best of matchups for Lucario.
Idk, My friend does some combos with him.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
Its too early to tell really.

It's pretty heavy in lucario's favor since mewtwo is one of those rare gems of a matchup for us where we dumpster him at neutral. In theory mewtwo should do well against us, in reality he doesn't because he's one of the worst characters in the game.
You may be right about the neutral part, but you're easily the first person I've seen say Mewtwo is one of the worst chars. Again it's still too early to tell, but right now they might be even, might not.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
From my experience Lucario and Mewtwo have been fairly equal so far. I seriously doubt out of all the characters that Mewtwo would be considered a Lucario counter. Cap. Falcon is also a nuisance for Lucario but he isn't really a full-on counter either.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Worst characters in terms of what exactly? I knew charizard was pretty bad, but mewtwo seems to have alittle bit better normals and specials.

Mewtwo usmash tho is lul, who the f thought it was a good idea to put those hit boxes right over his head. I can stand next to him on pikachu when he does it and its a free punish.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Lucario main (obviously) just lurking, but am happy someone is finally seeing things as they are.

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
No Lucario main (obviously) just lurking, but am happy someone is finally seeing things as they are.
That Mewtwo is bad? I wouldn't say anyone in this game is bad but there is a significant learning curve to him due to having to play defensively.

Top Bottom