• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario and Mew-Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Lucario has some pretty good moves and he's nothing like Mewtwo aside from the neutral B.

Levitas

the moon
I hate how mewtwo and lucario have the same Dair and Uthrow. It really takes away from the independant personallity that lucario could have had.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I hate how mewtwo and lucario have the same Dair and Uthrow. It really takes away from the independant personallity that lucario could have had.
Those moves aren't the same in any way.

List of similar moves between Lucario and Mewtwo:

B
Fsmash

That's it.

Levitas

the moon
I... but... and...

No, you... you're wrong...

Mewtwo and lucario both freeze in midair and stomp twice for a spike, and they both spin the enemy in the air for a moment before sending them flying upward to their death.

For that matter, how about Dtilt? a combo tailwhip kick that sends aura out in front of them? Not the same at all? are you BLIND man!?!?!?

And let's not forget the extreme teleport...

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...what game are you playing?

Mewtwo, for one, does not freeze and stomp twice. He flips over and kicks the opponent. Also, Lucario's dair is not a spike.

And Mewtwo's uthrow spins the enemy around and sends them upwards. Lucario just lobs them upwards. Or maybe he slams them into the ground first. Either way, not useful.

Mewtwo's dtilt is a tail swing. Lucario's dtilt is a kick. Mewtwo doesn't have aura.

Mewtwo's recovery is a teleport. Lucario just moves really fast.

Seriously, get your facts straight.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I... but... and...

No, you... you're wrong...

Mewtwo and lucario both freeze in midair and stomp twice for a spike, and they both spin the enemy in the air for a moment before sending them flying upward to their death.

For that matter, how about Dtilt? a combo tailwhip kick that sends aura out in front of them? Not the same at all? are you BLIND man!?!?!?

And let's not forget the extreme teleport...
Are we talking about the same Mewtwo here?

Levitas

the moon
Guys, seriously, when's the last time you've played melee?

And another parallel: Lucario's DJC, the shadowclaw, can also be used to combo spacies.

If you guys aren't getting this, you're freaking dense

Levitas

the moon
No, shadowclaw.

For that matter, the only non-cosmetic difference between the two is that Lucario's shadow sphere doesn't go all wavy.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
well for one thing lucario does not do "Shadow" he does "Aura"...hes a fighting steel type not fighting dark/ghost...that sphere your talking about is called a aura sphere...and where the hell did this "Shadow Claw" thing come from? And it Doesent combo spacies as often as i would like thanks to DI.

One of the greatest differences about lucario people is that he gets stronger as he takes damage!

I just hope that Levitas is playing a joke or being sarcastic...

Levitas

the moon
One of the greatest differences about lucario people is that he gets stronger as he takes damage!
Wait, you didn't notice that mewtwo's attacks get stronger, too?

And we're talking about melee and brawl, here. Mewtwo having a psychic type vs lucario having a fighting/steel type doesn't make a difference. Next you're gonna say that lucario doesn't have the ability "pressure". I know that they're different in the pokemon games, but we're talking about smash here. Maybe you'd like to check out this link, they talk about the actual pokemon games: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am laughing so hard right now you have no idea. Levitas is successful. Everyone is falling for it ahahahahahha!

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
No, shadowclaw.

For that matter, the only non-cosmetic difference between the two is that Lucario's shadow sphere doesn't go all wavy.
and it has nowhere near the same amount of knockback, that could just be because the two games are scaled differently tho.

in all fairness lucario is an over all better character, i still like mewtwo more because lucario is lame xD.

but really they are nothing alike, cept the shadow ball and Dsmash. mewtwo doesnt kick... ever... and does lucario even have a tail to hit ppl with? its hard to compare their DJs because there is no DJC in brawl, for the sake of argument they are completely different. and lucario walks/run like he has something shoved up his ***.

and im almost positive levitus was joking.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
From his post count, I'd guess he was joking.

It's not very funny though.

I'll never understand trolls.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
lol, me too.

Shadow claw is Mewtwo's forward air...

Oh, wait I only read the first page...

youfail.org

rhan

Smash Hero
Did they clone Mewtwo to have the same moves as lucario?
Because all of there moves suck.
I never really used either of them.
ZSS
You're an idiot.

Neither of them are clones. Mewtwo also came out first with the moves. If anything Lucario is a knock off.

Mewtwo > Pichu > Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom