• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario - 1.0.6/1.0.3 Patch Notes

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
If they were to adjust customs...

Snaring Aura Sphere needs reduced end lag after firing. Severely reduced.

ExtremeSpeed Attack needs to be MUCH stronger.

Ride the Wind should produce a wind box.

Glancing Counter needs either more shield push or more shield stun, or just less recovery in general.

Stunning Double Team needs to stun longer at lower percents.

Advancing Force Palm needs to be either faster or stronger.

Long-Distance Force Palm needs to be faster or as strong as default Force Palm so that it's a trade off of speed for range and power.

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
The moment of truth is apon us

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
One thing I've already noticed, Lucario no longer gets RCO lag when he lands perfectly from an Extreme Speed. A nerf that I've noticed is that at 0%, default Aura Sphere charge is puny, like Piercing Aura Sphere levels of puny.

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
At first glance it seems like his aura stacking is the same just tested F-smash at 0,50, 100, and 190 percents with the old version and the new patch. they all match up in damage output. Same with Aura sphere at 190%

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
One thing I've already noticed, Lucario no longer gets RCO lag when he lands perfectly from an Extreme Speed. A nerf that I've noticed is that at 0%, default Aura Sphere charge is puny, like Piercing Aura Sphere levels of puny.
you sure about that aura charge size at 0%? it looks the same size to me as the old one. Same when he's at 190% too

Edit: sorry bout the double post, should have just edited this into the first one ^^"

Edit again: Seriously though so far Cario seems exactly the same. And if thats the case, im totally fine with that. Since im hearing some of the higher tiers got nerfed hard XD it just means we're better off

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
comparing lucario on live wiiU version vs not updated wii U version

-RCO lag confirmed gone
-Aura boost unchanged
-Rage unchanged
-I don't think hardly anything changed

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Any change to cooldown after firing aura sphere?

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
Any change to cooldown after firing aura sphere?
So far from what I see comparing the old version on 3ds to the new version on wiiu, the cool down hasn't changed, be it baby AS or fully charged.

Zoa

Smash Ace
RCO? Kinda in the dark here. Is this like the landing lag glitch in Brawl?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
That would be terrible, as it would remove the only minor reason to even not pick the obviously superior default ExtremeSpeed.

Ride the Wind is only slightly viable because it means recovering high isn't an instant death trap, while E-speed Attack is already pretty awful in terms of recovery, making it unable to land on stage either would cripple it.

But hey, nearly nobody's using those moves anyway.

I expect pretty minor changes to Lucario, if any.
Speak for yourself! I still think Extreme Speed Attack is the better custom than his default. It's pretty dam ignorant to just suggest nobody uses other options. Also, if the ending lag was added onto ESA custom, it would kill this custom move into uselessness. It just sounds like you have something against customs...

Last edited:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
Speak for yourself! I still think Extreme Speed Attack is the better custom than his default. It's pretty dam ignorant to just suggest nobody uses other options. Also, if the ending lag was added onto ESA custom, it would kill this custom move into uselessness. It just sounds like you have something against customs...
Whoa what, I made a ton of write-ups detailing the uses of Lucario's customs, and I use them a ton myself. I actually use Ride the Wind as my preferred version of ExtremeSpeed. If anything I advocate the use of Lucario's customs for a match-up basis, but it's not the best idea to deny any flaws the customs have, and E-Speed Attack's low kill power, reliability, slow start up, and drastically reduced distance are all reasons not to use it. That said, I have trouble using that custom because it just doesn't feel right, so I could be missing something, but from experience (and many others trying it), it's really awful.

That said, nothing noteworthy seems to have changed about Lucario's customs in this patch and he feels exactly the same, but I haven't tested long distance force palm or stunning double team.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
He said he wasn't going to do more balance patches as well, or more DLC. Sakurai does as he feels, not as he says
He said that there weren't currently any plans for balance patches. That is not the same as saying that there wouldn't be any subsequent balance patches.

Last edited:

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
I'm pretty sure there aren't any changes except RCO lag removed. At least he wasn't nerfed, so.... there's that

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Very nice! I'm glad to see someone else has taken advantage of the infinite Chao combinations. Props mate.
Well, I am using a mod pack called Chao World Extended. One of the mods helps Shiny Two-Tone Chao look better in the PC version of SA2B. The rereleases of SA2B have the Bright Chao glitch, which messes up the coloration of those Chao.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Well, I am using a mod pack called Chao World Extended. One of the mods helps Shiny Two-Tone Chao look better in the PC version of SA2B. The rereleases of SA2B have the Bright Chao glitch, which messes up the coloration of those Chao.
See, I played it on the Dreamcast so I know nothing about these things.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
They didn't change the range of his smash attacks, did they?

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Not from what I noticed no.

Oh, also, Lucario is just faster In general I found out. His dash is faster
I thought I was standing farther back when I KO'd my friend with a forward smash attack...farther back than what would've connected.

Must've just been in our imaginations.

*Checking Lucario's speed now*

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hi guys,
I've been doing some testing all over the shop and come up with a few results for Lucario

Buff:
Fair comes out slightly faster
Fair has a longer/extended hitbox
Fair is either stronger or just comes out faster to make it look stronger
Utilt has a bigger hitbox

For the weird stuff;
Bair comes out faster bit there is more lag after using it. It's like before except other way around with speed and lag.

Aura sphere seems to charge up a bit more slowly but not sure yet.

Still testing stuff out
I hate to say it, but I think you might've misjudged...

We are still unable to SH FAir and have the BAir hitbox right after.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping they would change the aura scaling to make it easier to kill and damage while lucario is at lower damage
edit: and nothing seems different except for less landing lag on recovery

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Are you doing these test next to the previous patch version of the game or just eyeballing the changes? If you're really convinced, share the results in the patch thread to confirm/debunk them.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Are you doing these test next to the previous patch version of the game or just eyeballing the changes? If you're really convinced, share the results in the patch thread to confirm/debunk them.
Im kinda eyeballing and was playing online (3ds) earlier as lucario and felt like fast characters can't get you when landing with recovery as easily and same vice-versa when fighting random lucarios btw I use pika tink and Ness as fastest characters
but might just be placebo

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Lucario really hasn't had any changes so far, and I'm content with it. :3 Lucario is fine the way he is.

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
He said that there weren't currently any plans for balance patches. That is not the same as saying that there wouldn't be any subsequent balance patches.
The point remains, Sakurai does what he wants, and customs have changed in the past, so it's not like there isn't precedent. But sadly, there isn't changes anyway, so sementics hardly matter lol

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Whoa what, I made a ton of write-ups detailing the uses of Lucario's customs, and I use them a ton myself. I actually use Ride the Wind as my preferred version of ExtremeSpeed. If anything I advocate the use of Lucario's customs for a match-up basis, but it's not the best idea to deny any flaws the customs have, and E-Speed Attack's low kill power, reliability, slow start up, and drastically reduced distance are all reasons not to use it. That said, I have trouble using that custom because it just doesn't feel right, so I could be missing something, but from experience (and many others trying it), it's really awful.

That said, nothing noteworthy seems to have changed about Lucario's customs in this patch and he feels exactly the same, but I haven't tested long distance force palm or stunning double team.
The way you said it made you sound that way. ESA can kill though, of course not when Lucario is at low % but it has about the same power and knockback as Up-tilt and Up-tilt can kill above 100%. It's always a good move to use on platforms. To each their own.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Has anyone checked if Force Palms grab range has changed? (Although I highly doubt it)

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
Has anyone checked if Force Palms grab range has changed? (Although I highly doubt it)
From when I was playing, I haven't noticed any changes with FP. I think it was untouched or barely changed, if at all.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's the same for the normal one.

I doubt the custom ones have changed.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I legit though this as well playing against a roomate, I was getting FP grabbed out of dash attack/grab with Falcon.

Top Bottom