• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome. Lets make it a MM.

Oh and n00b mistake, didnt you know that when you room with your friend you stop being friends and start hating eachother?

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
There is a difference between trash talking in a game and using people and calling them names behind their back.

Felix did the latter. And I will beat the living crap out of him for it. He needs to learn he can't just run his mouth and say whatever he pleases and continue to use people. Welcome to the real world, you douchebag.

Fmatt, will you be coming back to lubbock at all... its going to be odd without you screaming and using your nunchunks... =D

Jake... I now realize this... but there comes a time where the other person has to at least respect you. You don't have to like each other, but at least respect each other, and that is what I did, while he did not. I usually don't show when I hate someone, but in this case, I absolutely hate his pompous, too-good, selfish ways. You don't even want to hear the crap he talked behind you back to me when we roomed together, Jake. Trust me, there is not one person on these boards Felix hasn't talked crap about and thinks he is better than. I can even recall every single occasion he has made fun of someone behind their back while talking to me. It is not the fact that we roomed together that we hate each other, it is the fact that he is the most self-centered person I have ever met.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, Felix will never have the balls to say it to your face, ever. Because he knows he will get his *** kicked.

felix45

Smash Lord
Don't worry, Felix will never have the balls to say it to your face, ever. Because he knows he will get his *** kicked.
the balls to say what to his face? I cant think of anything I'd have to say to anyone that I wouldn't say to their face (including jake, even though for whatever reason you think I talked some mean stuff about jake?). I mean if you are really curious as to what I think might be odd about everyone or something I wouldn't do I could go through and list, but I dont think anyone really cares honestly. I know I wouldn't care as to what people think about me. Actually, I'd like to hear about what I said regarding people on here. if you want to, go ahead and share. I mean, it seems like your goal here would be to tear down my relationships with others because you dont like me, so you may as well and go ahead.

Only reason I didn't tell you how I felt was because I roomed with you, and it would have been a hassle if I did. As in, having to deal with personal belongings, or changing rooms again, stuff like that.

I'm unsure as to why hating someone should result in a fight. There have been plenty of people I hate in the world, but that doesn't mean the best solution is always to fight them. generally if I dont like someone, the easiest way to solve the problem is ignoring them.

I can say whatever I please. I will say whatever I please. generally I dont even have much to say. If you have a problem with me then just dont bother talking with me. its not hard. I didn't plan on seeing you ever again, seemed easy enough to me. I dont see any reason to restrain what I want to say.

Seriously I'm confused though, I dont quite understand why you keep sharing what you think. I know I dont care about what you think. If I thought people cared, I'd actually share my misgivings about you. but I dont think I'd like to do that, I think its in the best interests of everyone if this personal matter is kept personal, not public.
well who knows some people like drama lol

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I do. I like reading this bull**** drama, it's interesting =D.

But I will always love you Felix, don't worry =P. Can't be using me because I'm poor anyways *thumbsup* =D.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I can say whatever I please. I will say whatever I please.

Seriously I'm confused though, I dont quite understand why you keep sharing what you think. I know I dont care about what you think. If I thought people cared, I'd actually share my misgivings about you. but I dont think I'd like to do that, I think its in the best interests of everyone if this personal matter is kept personal, not public.
well who knows some people like drama lol

Seriously dude, I don't really care how you like to handle a situation, you aren't me. I usually don't mind stupid people like you, but when you refuse to do something as simple as apologize for talking **** behind my back. But no, you are too big for that crap. That is why I will take my own measures to make myself happy. And that measure is beating your *** down. Seriously dude, keep talking to me and saying stupid crap. You are just adding fuel to the fire and I will remember all of this if I ever see you around school or my apartment, oh which happens to only be the hall over from Andrew's.

I hope I see you. I will wipe that stupid little grin off of your face and teach you, you can't say whatever you want and please without suffering the consequences. This is the real world buddy, no mommy and daddy to protect you here douchebag. And learn not to contradict yourself, idiot. If I were you Felix, I'd shut my mouth.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I haven't wrestled in such a long time, it will be fun. =) But we have to get drunk first... that means you actually have to drink... =D

felix45

Smash Lord

Seriously dude, I don't really care how you like to handle a situation, you aren't me. I usually don't mind stupid people like you, but when you refuse to do something as simple as apologize for talking **** behind my back. But no, you are too big for that crap. That is why I will take my own measures to make myself happy. And that measure is beating your *** down. Seriously dude, keep talking to me and saying stupid crap. You are just adding fuel to the fire and I will remember all of this if I ever see you around school or my apartment, oh which happens to only be the hall over from Andrew's.

I hope I see you. I will wipe that stupid little grin off of your face and teach you, you can't say whatever you want and please without suffering the consequences. This is the real world buddy, no mommy and daddy to protect you here douchebag. And learn not to contradict yourself, idiot. If I were you Felix, I'd shut my mouth.
haha I find it funny you'd get on to me about contradicting myself. You can say what you please, I just dont understand how it pleases you if no one cares about what you think.

but anyways I suppose I could say sorry for talking **** behind your back, if you prefer I could just PM you everything I have to say about you. I didn't realize you were so interested in why people hate you. If that is what you want, anyways. apologizing wont change how I really feel about you, but if you really would rather me tell you everything I think about you then I really am sorry, and I'd be glad to share with you how I feel about you.

also I dont get why you called me out, then told me to shut up. wait isn't that a contradiction? lol

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I called you out intially to see if I could get an apology out of you, it is evident that you are not goign to give me a sincere one, so instead of adding fuel to the fire, you should shut up Felix. That was my advice to you. Seriously, at this point I've had it with you, and I will kick your ******* *** and I will see how much you will be laughing then. You are such a bad*** on these forums, I love how you never tried to confront me ever. Because you know I will shove my fist down your stupid little throat. Keep it up, dude.

We will see how much you will be laughing when I see you. That's all I have to say. Nothing you say now will save your ***. I will break your ******* face. Please keep saying stupid stuff to me. Seriously.

felix45

Smash Lord
looks like I better watch myself then next year haha.

if you have had it with me, then why do you keep posting? I dont think you have had it with me.

also since you haven't had it with me, please share what **** I have been talking about other people. really I want to hear it. thats actually something I'm interested in hearing from you. not all this pansy *** "I'll beat you up at the playground" bs. you already said that, its getting kinda boring.

I love how I never confronted you either. it saved me either a move or losing more personal property than just a controller. cant say that much for curtis though lol.

I think I will keep it up, because this is very entertaining to me, and seeing as you had announced you were going to try and beat me up originally, I see no reason to not get as much fun out of this as possible :p

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Alright dude, it is obvious that you think you can handle yourself against me.

That's fine.

We will just settle this when we see each other.

Better hope I don't stop by a random Dallas tourny just to kick your ***.

And I've already said, the CA still has your controller. This is the guy who also got you evicted because he didn't get you your papers for the room. He said he returned it at 2am on Sunday night... Hmm you were in the room 2am sunday night... so that story doesn't exactly add up. But yeah, you can think I stole your controller all you want. I am so glad that I now have a gamecube controller to share with all of the other people I play smash with out here... oh wait... I don't play with anyone out here... I even said I'd give you my controller if that made you happy you, big baby.

But fine. This is my last post about this. Since you are obviously not worried at all. We will settle this by ourselves next year buddy.

I loved with how when I got pissed off in the dorms that one time and asked if you wanted to take it outside you got all scared. But you are obviously much tougher here on the boards when you are not face to face.

Felix the tough guy when he doesn't have to say it to my face. But in real life, we all know you can't say **** to me.

I now know you are a complete *****.

I know you will try to post something witty and funny next, trying to blow this thing off, but thats fine with me. All I know is, I will kick your *** and you are scared. It is as simple as that. If you weren't, you would just man up and fight me, but instead you are try to make silly excuses and make some people laugh with you at this matter. Sure hope your self-humor will last for you then. You better hope all the laughs you are getting now will back you up when we meet.

I am done now. See you soon, buddy.

felix45

Smash Lord
lol when you asked me if I wanted to go outside, it was over you ****ing with my computer (and it was pretty silly too, you sure do have anger management problems.....lol). And I made you apologize to me when you did it!
I loved it too ;)

hahaha alright. well if you do post again, be sure to explain the **** I was talking. seriously I am still interested in hearing about it. please.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I am done talking to you, Felix.

Anyways, Ryan... when shall we drink and get our wrestling match going? =)

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome. Lets make it a MM.

Oh and n00b mistake, didnt you know that when you room with your friend you stop being friends and start hating eachother?
Man, living by myself is great right now, been having a nice and peaceful time at the apt is great.

Your so right on that, it is awkward being around my two former roommates in the dorm! This stuff is really no one's fault and everyone talks behind everyone's back a little bit, that's human nature.

Now that the issue is dropped, this thread will basically be dead until August.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
****ing tomorrow. I really do look forward to it. I love wrestling. I don't want to get drunk, though. I already have video footage of what you've done when you were drunk... LOL =D.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
LOL OH MAN!! xD

haha

Man... summer in Houston... it is so hot... can't wait till I go back to good ole Seattle... dang you texas.. dang you...

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
We are a pretty tight group of smashers and I think seeing you two like this concerns all of us. Honestly, living together is what started this entire mess, but is it worth destroying a good friendship over? The answer is no. I have been in this exact same situation. What you need to do is forget why you are mad at each other now and remember why you became friends in the first place.

Everyone gets upset and says things behind other peoples backs, but thats just the way life is. I have heard both of you say mean things about one another, but I have also heard both of you talk about how much you like each other. I understand that neither of you want to bruise your egos and be the first to apologize, but it needs to happen.

When this same exact situation happened to me and my old roommate, I thought we would never be friends again, and quite honestly I was fine with that, but after a while of hating each other we realized why we became such good friends in the first place, and our friendship actually became stronger in the long run.

The bigger man here is going to be the one that apologizes first. Holding grudges never got anyone anywhere. We are all going to want to smash next year, and no one is looking forward to having to exclude you guys to avoid confrontation. What you need to do is just let your guard down and tell each other the truth about how you really feel, and after that if you still dont think you can be friends again then at least everything is out in the open and you both know where you stand, but honestly I think you guys can work this out. Nothing is worth ruining a friendship over. You two have a lot in common, and one of those things is a strong sense of competition. Dont let your pride destroy your friendship.

*Jake has spoken, and all must obey*

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, behind all of your backs I called you... Ryan: Weird (still like you though), Crono:Jerk, but even he knows he is =). Felix: Cocky, Andrew:...Never said anything about Andrew really. Spyda: Still Don't know who the hell you are! Who are you, I am sure I met you once at least? Were you the one that played Falco? =D

Now I wanna hear what you guys say behind my back. I am sure it is all good stuff though right??? =]

jra64

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I guess I said about you were you weren't THAT good... Me and you have always been cool in my eyes...

For everyone else...

Steven: He overreacts and can drop friendships in a heartbeat. EDIT: He is really cool though, once you get to hang out with him really. Playing Melee with him and Andrew was a lot of fun.

Adam: He talks weird sometimes.

Jake: Mostly tech skill, doesn't play "solid" enough.

Felix: Freaking UGLY AS HELL! Look at that face! LOL, just kidding, Felix. I really have no beef with Felix whatsoever... I'm trying to think of something, but I think I get along with Felix pretty well...

Crono: I heard he talked **** behind my back like I wasn't very good, so I talked **** back. We started off hating each other, and now we don't.

Sintenal: Good basics, kinda goofy sometimes, lol. Likes to hide behind the fact that he doesn't play
"good" characters, and that he can win with "what he's got..." He's a solid player, but if he wants to really get good (which he may not) he needs to be willing to put his balls on the line and have it out in the open that he IS trying to win and not just d!ck around with some BS character... I realize he is just going to have the counter-argument that he doesn't want to play this game to win, he just wants to play to have fun. That may be the case, but he would be a lot better if he didn't have to limit his solid basics to characters that aren't so good... Yeah, lots to write on Sintenal, lol...

Andrew: We are both Asian. We play lots of games, no one has anything on us. I have no beef with Andrew. Also, he's not just a Smash nerd who sounds all goofy like M2K... God that ****er is ugly...

Ummm... Who else...

Serg: No one likes him because he talks too much **** when he isn't very good. I'd be cool with him, but he **** talks even when he loses. No one wants to hear that ****...

Hmmm... I guess I'm just cool with everyone else...

Everyone says I'm cheap and lazy behind my back. I'm cool with being cheap, but being lazy is a misconception.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
the way i have fun playing is playing to the best of my ability, regardless of the character i chose :D

in melee, i did kinda gave up trying in 1v1s at least. brawl, idk i realize living in Lubbock(though in memphis atm) prevents me from being able to consistently go to tournies, thus giving me little motivation to practice or whatever. Being the best isnt a motivation of mine atm, might be later, but winning tournaments etc isnt on my mind.

brawl i believe i play good characters, just not, you know, the ones that are winning everywhere ;x (as good as you guys may think diddy is, he is no metaknight or snake). Mostly dont play them cause i dont find them that fun to play(well i did pick up G&W/falco ;x). Either way, every fighter ever i pick who i have fun playing, not necessarily who is the best.

so yeah, thats me defending myself :O

as far as i feel about everyone, i have no problems with anyone ^^, except fmatt you forgot to take me to the airport you jerk > : (

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Of course, PMatt! I have no problems with you, sometimes I forget you are part of the scene because you are a spectator...

Oh and I have fun when I'm playing effectively... I like knowing that I can go to a tournament and pretty much dominate, so characters that are effective happen to be the ones that I have the most fun playing. I like to win, but I hate winning when it's too easy. Many times I like picking worse characters to even up the score a little bit, and learn how to win with a different strategy. I just like learning fresh information in general, even in real life. As long as I think that the information will be useful in the future, it's all good to me...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Felix and Ryan both **** talk as much if not more than Serg... =P Also Serg was usually joking.... Though after seeing Felix play, I do think Serg was better, and Serg is only half as good in tournaments. I know that is no excuse but if you played him in a home setting it would be alot worse.

PMatt and Roy were my favorite people to smash around, no beefs with PMatt. =)

Also Sintenal was always very cool.

The Lord Curtis

Smash Rookie
Dude I think Steven and Felix just need to smoke some peace blunts, and they'll be good. I'd like to think that they'd just end up laughing about it in the end, but then again I have seen some people get even more angry while stoned.

The great thing about this plan is that even if they are still pissed at eachother, they'll be too **** lazy and hungry to attack eachother.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Felix and Ryan both **** talk as much if not more than Serg... =P Also Serg was usually joking.... Though after seeing Felix play, I do think Serg was better, and Serg is only half as good in tournaments. I know that is no excuse but if you played him in a home setting it would be alot worse.

PMatt and Roy were my favorite people to smash around, no beefs with PMatt. =)

Also Sintenal was always very cool.

I think I 3 stocked sergs marth with ICs

and I just cant seem to beat felix in any sort of MM scenario

felix45

Smash Lord
I think the greatest part of all of this is that if adam hadn't told me steven posted, I would have never seen this. I like reading what everyone has to say :)

I'm fine with everyone. I dont have gripes with anyone I played smash with all year. Although Fmatt can be annoying at times.....but he knows when he is being annoying.

Honestly I wouldn't mind being around steven, I'd just act the same way around him I always do. I was hoping it would be like this but the cat is out of the bag now >.>

Like I said earlier I dont really think anyone wants to hear what I think about him, and like I told justin, I dont want to give anyone a biased opinion on him, especially if you like him. I dont think I should influence who people choose to be friends with >.>

I only talk **** on forums to bait people into money matches with me. it works pretty well. now depending on if these people pay up or not....*coughJAKEcough*
juuust kidding jake!

@boba - If you think I'm all talk, you can still money match me. $20 brawl MM? If I'm not as good as I say, that is easy money right? or will you be broke next time you show up to a tourney as well? :p

but yeah I talk big on the forums but thats about it. I mean I'll talk big when I'm playing as well, but generally you can tell that I'm ****ing around when I do.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaat? If Serg is half is good and tournament, then fine, I've only seen Serg at half his best... Felix does some dumb *** **** that he doesn't normally do outside of tournament, but still, that's where it counts. Whaaaat? Everyone thinks Serg talks too much **** for no reason.

Oh and Serg vs Felix Money Match again =D. Serg should step up... Come to Lubbock you plainview people... I want to see how you play Brawl...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I am not talking about Brawl, I don't really even play Brawl yet, you guys probably would beat me... I am talking about Melee. I know for a fact Ryan would own me in Brawl, but at the last Melee tournament I went to, alot of times throughout that tourney I wouldn't even have to look at the screen the whole match, sometimes I would end up using characters I never use, like Fox, Falcon, Yoshi, ness etc. I recall one match I went through entirely without blocking (with Crono I blocked alot, and he broke my sheild though=)... All I am getting at is there was only like two or three Lubbock players that were pretty decent (Sint and Ryan IMO) And Crono doesn't count cause everyone is different with him, and he always plays different. But even they had just as much problems as me... WE ALL SUCKED HARD!!!!

Didn't count Felix because we didn't get to play during the tournament, but I am sure you were one of the elite ones in Lubbock. And Andrew seemed like he didn't much care about winning, but he got close to being up there anyways, if he cared I am sure he would have been.... I have spoken!!!!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Crono doesn't count cause everyone is different with him, and he always plays different.
OMG lies!

FMatt was the least creative melee player ever who always did the same things.

I'd try to tell him how to fix things but he'd still do the same stuff anyways. This was most evident in his "Matt edgeguarding" where he just stood there and uptilted no matter what you did and hoped for the best.

And his snake is even more 1-dimensional lol

Sorry felt like sharing :)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Well, he is different in how well he does what he always does... Sometimes he doesn't do anything... Sometimes he actually tries.... Unpredictable. =]

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Shawn, do you know what you are talking about at all?

Me and Roy were the only good players in Lubbock... And Roy was the only one who wanted to keep playing... :laugh:

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
OMG lies!

FMatt was the least creative melee player ever who always did the same things.

I'd try to tell him how to fix things but he'd still do the same stuff anyways. This was most evident in his "Matt edgeguarding" where he just stood there and uptilted no matter what you did and hoped for the best.

And his snake is even more 1-dimensional lol

Sorry felt like sharing :)
lol its Mattented edgeguarding and uptilt is not all it involved

and you're just jealous of my snake awesomeness

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Shawn, do you know what you are talking about at all?

Me and Roy were the only good players in Lubbock... And Roy was the only one who wanted to keep playing... :laugh:
I don't know what you are talking about, you misunderstand me sir.:p

Yeah Roy was good, but I think he got really really good when he went to Houston. As for the rest of Lubbock players they are MOSTLY better than me (most of the ones on these boards at least) But I meant Lubbock players in general suck as much as Plainview people do... I don't remember what I was talking about. O_o

Oh yeah, you do rule at Brawl a the moment, but on Melee you did suck almost as bad as I did, ALL OF YOU DID!!!! Also on brawl I will use the excuse that... I hate you and get terrible buttcramps everytime we play, so I do bad. :psycho: I have spoken again!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
no cause Guile is not in 3rd strike

also this is texas, no one was good in melee, we couldnt win anywhere oos :(

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we need to find a new game... You pick. Doesn't matter, but I don't wanna have to use my brain too much, preferably. =)

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Shawn, I don't get how you can say things like...

As for the rest of Lubbock players they are MOSTLY better than me (most of the ones on these boards at least)
Then say that Lubbock players suck "as much as Plainview people do..."

But I meant Lubbock players in general suck as much as Plainview people do... I don't remember what I was talking about. O_o
Doesn't the first statement mean that most Lubbock players 'suck less' than you do? You can't say there is a difference in skill and in the very next line say that there isn't a difference in skill...

Oh yeah, you do rule at Brawl a the moment, but on Melee you did suck almost as bad as I did, ALL OF YOU DID!!!!
Ummm I don't rule at Brawl right now, I haven't played it since trashday... I have been doing more important things... On Melee I don't have the belief that we were on the same level, but you can argue otherwise... Oh and I played Brawl more seriously than Melee. I didn't even plan on attending any tournaments in Melee unless Tekken was at the same tournament. Lol, you really don't know me, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom