• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Brawl sucks.

Remy is basically Guile in Third Strike but emo.

I should teach you Guile sometime Austin, handcuffs and all.

Only other game people play here is ****!NG WOW, and for the most part they don't play WARCRAFT III or STARCRAFT. You don't have to think in it BOBA, you just have to PAY $$$$.

Only good people in Lubbock at Melee are JRA and Roy?? Dude, the last Melee tournament at Tech, Randel and I ousted you like 3 times in a row!! I'm mean, have you seen Roy do off-screen Falcon Punches??!! Other then that, I think you should include Austin when he was at his prime, his Falco was a beast back in the day.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ryan, the majority of Lubbock players suck... Same as the majority of Plainview players suck, but I am better than the majority here as you guys are there, but you guys are better than me, but I just don't believe that any of us were REALLY good.... I wasn't contradicting myself. And yes Austin should be included, if he ever cared about getting first he probably would have, but always ends up choosing weird characters or killing himself 100 times. =)

@Andrew: I played Warcraft III once, didn't like it too much (cause I stunk), but Starcraft seems pretty cool to me but I have yet to play it. =[

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Lubbock has not seen my new and improved ICs, they kill all of the above 100% of the time:

Fox
Falco
Falcon
Shiek
DK
Mario
Doc

jra64

Smash Journeyman
What the hell Shawn... I don't even want to get into your definition of what 'REALLY good' is...

You were contradicting yourself.

EDIT: None of us were 'really good'. I think we all suck, including myself and Roy, even after he went to Houston. None of us are at a competent level in Smash to take a big yearly tournament like EVO, which is what I consider, really good.

What the hell is your standard?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
What the hell Shawn... I don't even want to get into your definition of what 'REALLY good' is...

You were contradicting yourself.

EDIT: None of us were 'really good'. I think we all suck, including myself and Roy, even after he went to Houston. None of us are at a competent level in Smash to take a big yearly tournament like EVO, which is what I consider, really good.

What the hell is your standard?

Ok... Maybe Roy sucked just as much as he did here... It's cool. I contradict myself because I think differently at different times, and I forget what I previously thought.

EDIT: We can all agree... That lvl 9 pwns, when it is Pikachu.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake.
If the way is hazy...
You gotta do the cooking by the book.
You know you can't be lazy.
Never use a messy recipe.
The cake will end up crazy.
If you do the cooking by the book.
Then you'll have a cake!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on... 4 days and no one has called me a fruit yet or looked up the lyrics?!

Dead thread...

jra64

Smash Journeyman
OMFG, I AM GOING TO SLIT YOUR THROAT, JAKE!

Lol... Nah, already played through portal spoiler free, so I'm good =D.

How are you doing Shawn?

Jake, you didn't see the video?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-azqXygCzO8

Okay, fine whatever, I'm gay, get over it. Song is so ****ing catchy I wouldn't care if I was gay.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... That song really isn't too bad. O_o

EDIT: I'm doing great! How have you been Ryan?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Whichever one of you guys found this song, I don't even wanna ask... But that song makes me way happy. = )

...grouphug....=]

jra64

Smash Journeyman
How can you not be happy? I found the song and decided to share it's greatness with all of you.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
oh man.... what in the world... i watched like 20 seconds... and couldnt take it anymore... dear lord...

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Infraction for censor dodging for me, +1 points here, Whoopy!!!

So who is actually in town right now? We should get some games in soon, classes start on Tuesday. At the very least get people to play Warcraft III or SC over B.net.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
... well if you want to play games... david.. fabian... julius....ryan... and austin will all be there .... gogogo?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
classes actually start on wed, not tuesday

what would be the games be played now anyway ;x

The Lord Curtis

Smash Rookie
That video is pretty awesome...

however it is not as awesome as getting jumped by 3 cars full of guys!

=DD

getting sucker punched ftw

The Lord Curtis

Smash Rookie
yeah it happened.

i didn't do anything, i was up at my friends parents venue, about 15 minutes away from my house. there was a group of us standing outside talking, when three cars pulled up, and a bunch of dudes got out asking for bud. i started to tell them that we weren't holding, and the guy closest to me started to hit me in the jaw. naturally, i fell down because i was caught off guard. as i stood up, they all jumped back in their cars and left.

i feel kind of jipped because they didn't take anything, so there wasn't much the cops could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom