• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So if Ridley ends up getting in Smash, will anyone here camp outside the store and buy his amiibo (assuming he gets one), or does your love for Ridley only extend to him getting in Smash?

I've convinced myself that I'm gonna buy two on the release day; one to open and one to keep in the box because I'm sure the boxart will look glorious.
No doubt, I'd just hope it won't have to be supported by that transparent mumbo jumbo (the word is escaping me) should his official render have him in a flying pose, the Amiibos that don't need that are so much cleaner. I'd still get it regardless though.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I neeeeeeeed a Ridley amiibo. There's no way I can even afford the First4Figures statue of his that's being made
Whilst First4Figures does have options for payment plans, it still will certainly be expensive... They already admitted it'll be more expensive than Bowser (which was about $700 without tax), so... yeah... D:

An amiibo would be neat.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
oh hell yes, i'm getting a ridley amiibo if i have to fistfight a scalper in a Denny's parking lot for it
Reminds me of the very beginning of the amiibo craze. Someone at my local Best Buy actually did get into a fist fight for the Robin and Lucina amiibo.

Come to think of it, I hope the supply of Ridley's amiibo is enough to meet demand. Even without seeing who the other characters could be, I already know Ridley would be one of the most popular new Smash amiibo. Sadly, I can see the guy being incredibly scarce. I thought Nintendo would've learned their lesson by now, but I haven't seen a single Splatoon 2 amiibo in the past ten months.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Whilst First4Figures does have options for payment plans, it still will certainly be expensive... They already admitted it'll be more expensive than Bowser (which was about $700 without tax), so... yeah... D:

An amiibo would be neat.
Umm...

Smash bowsers are $22 at wal-mart

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
So if Ridley ends up getting in Smash, will anyone here camp outside the store and buy his amiibo (assuming he gets one), or does your love for Ridley only extend to him getting in Smash?

I've convinced myself that I'm gonna buy two on the release day; one to open and one to keep in the box because I'm sure the boxart will look glorious.
Oh, I'll definitely be getting his amiibo if he gets one. Probably not day 1, but I will eventually. Having a little figurine of Riddles would be sweet.

UltimateWario

Smash Master

I’ve been holding out for a Ridley Amiibo since Amiibo became a thing. I’m also going to get that F4F figure because, honestly, how many Ridley figures are we ever going to get?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

(Sorry mods if this image is a bit big)

The Bowser figure is:
Height - 19 inches (49cm)
Width - 19 inches (49cm)
Depth - 21 inches (54cm)
Weight: 19.7 KG

The Link & Loftwing figure is:
Height - 26 inches
Width - 22 inches
Depth - 25 inches

The Meta Ridley figure is bigger than those.

In fact the Meta Ridley figure is probably their biggest figure yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A 45 minute direct is like, 20 minutes longer than last year’s presentation right? I *assume* a lot of that time near the end will be dedicated to Smash, but damn, that’s a decent amount of time for other announcements. (Or Reggie memes. I wouldn’t say no to more Robot Chicken sketches though.)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As someone that has seen "leaks" for years, most of them end up being fake. The best route to is to set your expectations low.

It is nice to see you again Bagan. I still play your Ridley mod to this day. It definitely helped convinced a lot of people that Ridley could work in Smash Bros.

On a side note, here is an interesting pre-Brawl poll tally I came across looking at old posts (over 11 years ago):
https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...er-voting-top-21-march-13.99139/#post-2218630

For those who do not want to click on the link:
I tallied all the the votes as of 3:00A.M. last night, and here are the results for the top contenders: (characters with 25 votes or more)

Sonic: 69
Ridley: 61
Diddy Kong: 43
Wolf: 35
King Dedede: 34
Krystal: 32
Ike: 32
Mega Man: 31
Geno: 28
Lucario: 27
Midna: 25

(NOTE: Some may of these may be 1-4 votes more than they should be, because I think I may have counted the votes of people who kept re-posting their lists, but they're pretty accurate for the most part)

Its amazing how Ridley was nearly up there with Sonic in terms of requests. He has been a massively requested character over 17 years now. Nearly every character on this list got confirmed in Brawl or Smash 4 with the exceptions of Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Midna. I know such polls are not scientific but its an interesting time capsule, nevertheless.

As for those who wonder why K. Rool is not there, much like Dixie Kong now, most of the DK fanbase believed Diddy Kong should be prioritized over him and it was not until August 2007 where K. Rool was finally able to emerge from Diddy's shadow. I wonder if Dixie Kong will see a similar explosion in requests if K. Rool were to be confirmed.

Also, here is something a bit sad, the topic where Ridley fans learned of his boss role in Brawl:
https://smashboards.com/threads/ridley-is-here-confirm-boss-lucario-boss-battle-comparison.139575

My own post in that topic:
My heart .....I feel it breaking..... :(

Very hard to believe this was over ten years ago. To think, ten years later we are still fighting for Ridley's playable inclusion in Smash Bros. That was not something I was expecting (I felt confident Ridley would be playable in Smash 4 after Brawl's release). Now I am not so sure after Sakurai's own statements. However, this is definitely something I would like to be wrong on.

Ridley is absolutely historic. Many fans have came and went over the years. It is sad, but puts a perspective on the legacy this particularly fanbase has. Melee. Brawl. Smash 4. Now Smash Switch (or Smash 5). We Ridley fans have been marching despite defeat after defeat. But that is to be expected. Ridley never stays down, and neither do we.
That poll is one of my "white whales" so to speak. I've been looking for it forever. There was one that was taken before Brawl's announcement as well that I'm looking for, but can't seem to find. Anyway thanks for finding it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I haven't been in here in a while but I'm dropping by to show my support. Some of you may remember from pre smash 4 my personal story as to why Ridley in smash is legitimately important to me, for reasons beyond just video games, but I won't rehash it here. Just wanted to say that If he is announced in smash at e3 it will be a significant moment for me, and I can't wait. There was a time when Ridley was deconfirmed last time that I didn't think I had long enough to live to see smash 5, so each chance to see this dream come true is just a blessing even if he doesn't make it. Win or lose, I will keep supporting Ridley forever. However I am cautiously optimistic that he will be in this time.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I haven't been in here in a while but I'm dropping by to show my support. Some of you may remember from pre smash 4 my personal story as to why Ridley in smash is legitimately important to me, for reasons beyond just video games, but I won't rehash it here. Just wanted to say that If he is announced in smash at e3 it will be a significant moment for me, and I can't wait. There was a time when Ridley was deconfirmed last time that I didn't think I had long enough to live to see smash 5, so each chance to see this dream come true is just a blessing even if he doesn't make it. Win or lose, I will keep supporting Ridley forever. However I am cautiously optimistic that he will be in this time.
How is it important to you? I'd actually like to know.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
How is it important to you? I'd actually like to know.
Short version: My brother (1 out of 2) died in a car crash during the brawl speculation period. The last thing we talked about was how he was positive Ridley would be in brawl. I said there's no way (I used to be a detractor) and his last words to me were "you'll see". I want the first thing I tell him in heaven to be that he was right. Shortly after I was diagnosed with pemphigus (look it up if you want but it's not pretty) and it was supposed to be eventually fatal. During the smash 4 speculation period I was told I didn't have long and I realized smash 4 was my last chance to see it happen so the deconfirmed on hit me hard. Somehow I made it through and pemphigus is in remission with no signs of coming back so even if he does not get in here, I do not have the same dillema as before.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

(Sorry mods if this image is a bit big)

The Bowser figure is:
Height - 19 inches (49cm)
Width - 19 inches (49cm)
Depth - 21 inches (54cm)
Weight: 19.7 KG

The Link & Loftwing figure is:
Height - 26 inches
Width - 22 inches
Depth - 25 inches

The Meta Ridley figure is bigger than those.

In fact the Meta Ridley figure is probably their biggest figure yet.
I’d be offended as a Ridley fan if it wasn’t their biggest figure yet. :b

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Short version: My brother (1 out of 2) died in a car crash during the brawl speculation period. The last thing we talked about was how he was positive Ridley would be in brawl. I said there's no way (I used to be a detractor) and his last words to me were "you'll see". I want the first thing I tell him in heaven to be that he was right. Shortly after I was diagnosed with pemphigus (look it up if you want but it's not pretty) and it was supposed to be eventually fatal. During the smash 4 speculation period I was told I didn't have long and I realized smash 4 was my last chance to see it happen so the deconfirmed on hit me hard. Somehow I made it through and pemphigus is in remission with no signs of coming back so even if he does not get in here, I do not have the same dillema as before.
Damn, that's quite a story.
I certain hope he's in for both you and your brother.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And this vergeben leak could potential bring your brothers last words to reality

And the fact is he knows if vergeben is right or not (he has access to the whole entire smash series in heaven potentially.)

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Small question, but where can we get new stamps for the characters we support in Smash Switch? The update to the site broke all of the stamps in my signature...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Damn, that's quite a story.
I certain hope he's in for both you and your brother.
And this vergeben leak could potential bring your brothers last words to reality

And the fact is he knows if vergeben is right or not (he has access to the whole entire smash series in heaven potentially.)
Thank you. I truly appreciate your support. I was uneasy about sharing this at first because I have been harassed about it before (basically people saying I'm full of crap) so it eases my mind to see this. It's been such a long wait, it's hard to believe the battle could be won in just six days!

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'm jumping down this rabbit hole again...
(I don't actually think he's too big, I just wanted to catch the attention of people who do hold those views in the hopes of possibly changing them)

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
kinda of scary how you can be speculating about a game one min and not hear the next :(

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just noticed that if Ridley is playable it will be the first playable appearance of him ever. That's huge.

So many other heavily requested characters have been playable one way or another, some even having their own games. (King K. Rool is another highly desired newcomer in this situation, although he technically was playable in Super Mario Sluggers XD)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I just noticed that if Ridley is playable it will be the first playable appearance of him ever. That's huge.

So many other heavily requested characters have been playable one way or another, some even having their own games. (King K. Rool is another highly desired newcomer in this situation, although he technically was playable in Super Mario Sluggers XD)
What about DK Barrel Blast?

Really though, Ridley is one of those characters I want just for everyone who has wanted him for over a decade. I'm really hoping Tuesday is gonna be fun.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
What about DK Barrel Blast?

Really though, Ridley is one of those characters I want just for everyone who has wanted him for over a decade. I'm really hoping Tuesday is gonna be fun.
You're absolutely right! Shows how little I know of the DK series.

Well I take King K. Rool back. Besides Ridley being one of the most requested characters, he is also the most requested character who has never had a playable appearance. Crazy. Really hoping that changes Tuesday.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
That's one of the reasons why I want him. For awhile I've liked the idea of having a playable Ridley in some form, but I don't really see that happening in a main series Metroid or a Metroid spin-off anytime soon... Smash Bros. seems like the only possible place where he could get a playable role, so I'm hoping that his debut will be there.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Sooo over in the ResetEra Smash Bros thread, they’ve been compiling what the folks are doing in the Gamefaqs thread in terms of looking into Vergeben. He’s wrong 99% of the time, and he has a history of not only piggybacking, but editing old leak posts of his to make it look like he was right. Gamefaqs thinks he might even be a new account of an old user.

As disappointed as I am...Vergeben being proven to be full of **** more or less deconfirms Ridley to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sooo over in the ResetEra Smash Bros thread, they’ve been compiling what the folks are doing in the Gamefaqs thread in terms of looking into Vergeben. He’s wrong 99% of the time, and he has a history of not only piggybacking, but editing old leak posts of his to make it look like he was right. Gamefaqs thinks he might even be a new account of an old user.

As disappointed as I am...Vergeben being proven to be full of **** more or less deconfirms Ridley to me.
Everybody knows Vergeben is hit and miss, that's why no one should fully believe the leak, but personally I don't believe his patchy record is a result of him just making stuff up, but rather he's extremely naive when it comes to trusting his various sources, he just throws every single thing anyone tells him out there. Also, GameFAQs is an absolute mess, that's one of the last places I'd trust to run an investigation on someone.

I get that you're extremely cautious and don't want to believe the leak in fear of it being fake, and that's a very good stance to take, I'm not sold on it myself either, but you're forcing things a bit too much by trying to debunk it in every single way you can, there's really no reason to be so desperate for it to be proven wrong. Since you don't believe it it's pretty easy to just relax and see what happens, we're only 5 days away now anyways, so might aswell just wait it out. Should it prove to be wrong then there's little disappointment to be had on your side, and the people who did end up believing it will only have themselves to blame.

Personally I'm just happy to have seen the Ridley community be lively again, none of us expected there to be any talk of Ridley potentially making it in this time, so at the very least the leak has given us a bit of unexpected fun along the way.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I can’t believe we’re still acting like Vergeben is the only or even the original source. ResetEra is the original source of Ridley stuff, Vergeben has been piggybacking off of that the whole time.

Vergeben being probably full of **** doesn’t disconfirm Ridley in the least. Calm down, we’ll know in 5 days.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
I must say, the tides are ever shifting in both ways. Regardless of ResetEra's outcry for Verg's head, we just need to be patient and see what E3 brings to to table. Remember, rumors are rumors, even if it says Ridley is playable, don't believe it until it happens. I know people are a bit excited about both E3 and the potential of Ridley being playable, but major hype can only bring disappointment if something were to go wrong. And sadly, even I think we won't get our wonderful announcement and its all a prank against us to make us, as Ridley fans, feel despair. But I will be filled with joy if the impossible does happen and the rumors are actually true. Perhaps I want to be surprised and feel happy knowing that all our work has finally paid off.

Five days remain. Lets keep our heads cool and try to be cautiously optimistic about this if possible.

Dude, why do you always seem so keen to jump on this crap? Let's just wait until E3. Also I saw you're posts on ResetEra mocking the ResetEra mods teasing him,Huh?! Haven't they got things right before? They weren't memeing since Ryce said Jonneh was talking about Ridley being in Smash. The mods said that he was meant to be revealed with the Inklings but got pushed back.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Bigley hype refuses to die, not that I'm complaining. I actually came to the conclusion a few weeks ago, regardless of this leak circulating around which could go either way in my eyes, that Ridley is in a better position now than he ever was. This is to say Ridley was never in a good position to begin with, Sakurai not seeing him as a realizable character but at the very least considering how he could potentially work. As it stands right now, the only thing in Ridley's way is whether Sakurai can find a way for him to work or not. The fact that he was acknowledged at all by Sakurai in the context of a playable character is kind of a big deal, we know that Sakurai is thinking of him. This might not end in anything significant, this might be another Villager situation. Who knows, I sure don't.

Bottom line if Ridley does end up playable by some miracle I will be a happy man.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Everybody knows Vergeben is hit and miss, that's why no one should fully believe the leak, but personally I don't believe his patchy record is a result of him just making stuff up, but rather he's extremely naive when it comes to trusting his various sources, he just throws every single thing anyone tells him out there. Also, GameFAQs is an absolute mess, that's one of the last places I'd trust to run an investigation on someone.

I get that you're extremely cautious and don't want to believe the leak in fear of it being fake, and that's a very good stance to take, I'm not sold on it myself either, but you're forcing things a bit too much by trying to debunk it in every single way you can, there's really no reason to be so desperate for it to be proven wrong. Since you don't believe it it's pretty easy to just relax and see what happens, we're only 5 days away now anyways, so might aswell just wait it out. Should it prove to be wrong then there's little disappointment to be had on your side, and the people who did end up believing it will only have themselves to blame.

Personally I'm just happy to have seen the Ridley community be lively again, none of us expected there to be any talk of Ridley potentially making it in this time, so at the very least the leak has given us a bit of unexpected fun along the way.
I can’t believe we’re still acting like Vergeben is the only or even the original source. ResetEra is the original source of Ridley stuff, Vergeben has been piggybacking off of that the whole time.

Vergeben being probably full of **** doesn’t disconfirm Ridley in the least. Calm down, we’ll know in 5 days.
Both of these posts are correct.

Vergeben is no way the backbone source of it all. The reason he’s being talked about the most is because he has given more information and his leak has gained slight proof with the Konami stuff. But pretty much most people know that the Resetera’s Admins are the true backbones of the leaks. Despite them only publicly teasing people who have spoken to them in private have said they’ve outright told them Ridley would be in Smash.

Vergeben has always been a spotty case at best, but it doesn’t hurt to have another credible insider backing up the claims, even if their track record is spotty. Whether or not he’s piggybacking is left to be seen though. Vergeben does have a history of piggybacking (Whether its his own doing or his sources backing up those claims is left to be seen), but I haven’t seen anyone else credible claim that Simon and Snake would be in the game, so if they’re confirmed I do think its possible he wasn’t exactly piggybacking, just backing up at original rumors.

Going to sites like reddit, resetera, or gamefaqs for rationality about things is an awfully naive though. Again, Vergeben is far from a good source, and he does do a bit of editing and piggybacking to make himself look good, but they also tend to manipulate the situations A LOT. Pretty much any leaker who gets **** wrong is now completely unreliable and the Devil in their eyes. I’m pretty sure LKD stopped reporting leaks due to all the harassment she faced due to getting stuff wrong, and it took a whole entire year for people to start trusting Emily Rodgers again. And even then Emily isn’t as blatant with her leaks as she was before. Now most of her leaks are vague enough to where she can get off easily and I don’t blame her at all. A lot of people don’t understand that insiders are not right 100% of the time, some are wrong more often than right, others are right more often than not. And some are just 50/50.

Point of it all is that both of these posts are correct. In no way is Vergeben an excellent source but he’s far from the Marcus Sellers people try to make him out to be. He’s naive like Marcus but unlike Marcus, all of his sources aren’t trolls. Just 60% of them. The core of this leak has always been Resetera Admins and they should be valued the most. And not believing ANY leaks is fine, but actively trying to disprove them with faulty arguments is way overboard.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I've always been sceptical with leaks, text leaks in particular, especially if they're from those with a shaky record, or are from anonymous users.
(You can thank the Smash 3DS/WiiU speculation period for that)

I don't think the ResetEra Admins should be taken notice of in this situation.

It just seems to me like they were just trolling because "lol Ridley, size jokes XD".

They probably know just as much as we do, and use their speculation and opinions to make them seem like they know it all (Ryce, Emily Rogers, etc).

I need proof that they know Ridley's in the game playable and they genuinely are teasing a reveal.

Otherwise they're just trolls and nothing more.

Top Bottom