• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Only 30 mins? How much is there to talk about beyond Smash? And how many vets are going to be revealed, considering the invitational is happening then too?

I feel like we may get a bunch of surprise reveals outside of E3.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Only 30 mins? How much is there to talk about beyond Smash? And how many vets are going to be revealed, considering the invitational is happening then too?

I feel like we may get a bunch of surprise reveals outside of E3.
We'd have to considering how the game is launching this year. I don't think Smash will take much time away from other titles in the main Direct, but I expect quite a few reveals sprinkled throughout E3.

That being said, Ridley's best bet is still the main Direct presentation. If he isn't revealed then, don't get your hopes up for a random WFT reveal.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Only 1 week left, get hype guys

Let's all hope the leaks are true and Ridley is revealed at E3!!!

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if the question is stupid, but does this mean that Nintendo's June 12th E3 presentation will only be 30 minutes long or is this direct something like extra?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for if the question is stupid, but does this mean that Nintendo's June 12th E3 presentation will only be 30 minutes long or is this direct something like extra?
It will only be 30 minutes long, though more games will almost definitely be revealed in the Direct. Last year had a similar situation (Direct + several days of a Treehouse stream), and Metroid: Samus Returns wasn't revealed until the Treehouse stream despite being much further along than Metroid Prime 4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Judging from Ridley's apperance in E3's Melee showing, the wait for Ridley has been going on for 17 years.

Will Tuesday bring it to a close? A wait longer than the one for Duke Nukem?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Was here till the end for the last Ridley support thread, would be nice to see everyone from there return to this thread, and hopefully we get Ridley this time.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai will appear on the Direct to only tell the viewers that Ridley will never be in Smash before presenting a trailer for the next two newcomers: new swordsmen with counters from the upcoming Fire Emblem game on Switch.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sakurai will appear on the Direct to only tell the viewers that Ridley will never be in Smash before presenting a trailer for the next two newcomers: new swordsmen with counters from the upcoming Fire Emblem game on Switch.
Aw man, I was hoping for Pink Gold Pit.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Don't take it as the Gospel truth.
That being said, very strong chance the Vergeben leak is correct, and the ResetEra teasing has merit.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We will see what happens then. I do wonder if the pre-recorded Nintendo Direct footage will be leaked. I heard the Direct was pre-recorded. Is that true?

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
And here we go, the final stretch till we get to know if Ridley ends up being in Smash this time or not. I don't buy the size excuse one bit, make it happen this time Nintendo.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
My go to argument for Ridley is, if Ganondorf remains unaltered, as in doesn't truly represent him from the game he's from or any version of him from any game in the Zelda series, then a downsized Ridley should be just as valid.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Wait, we have people claiming Vergeben as fully true because Konami will do something with Nintendo? And that’s it?

Maybe let’s temper our expectations a bit. Methinks we’re going a bit overboard.

While the fact that Vergy’s leak is making things look very good for Riddles, remember that all leaks are false until proven true. And even then, remeber how Chrom was confirmed since Gematsu got WFT?

There’s no character more deserving than Ridley, but I’m not believing a thing until I see a purple pterosaur victory screen. Until then, all I’ll be is hopeful.

But this will be a looooooong week.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
There's that many rumors and supposed leaks going around, that of course some of them are going to be true.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
We're at a point where we're approaching the finish line, but there are two paths before us. The one path loops back around - this is where we've been running the past decade. The other path leads straight to the finish line (playable Ridley). Hopefully this time we can make it to the finish line and to victory. Whilst things seem to be going in favour of DasVergeben's leak, it's too early to claim victory. Remember, when racers celebrate early, they can often fall flat on their faces and someone else beats them to the finish line. Let's be patient, and hope for the best.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait, we have people claiming Vergeben as fully true because Konami will do something with Nintendo? And that’s it?

Maybe let’s temper our expectations a bit. Methinks we’re going a bit overboard.

While the fact that Vergy’s leak is making things look very good for Riddles, remember that all leaks are false until proven true. And even then, remeber how Chrom was confirmed since Gematsu got WFT?

There’s no character more deserving than Ridley, but I’m not believing a thing until I see a purple pterosaur victory screen. Until then, all I’ll be is hopeful.

But this will be a looooooong week.
no no no

konami is making games for the switch

another person said hes going to say castlvania collection will be made

and now another person is rumoring castlvania collection

this could be when too bigots finally get defeated

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
no no no

konami is making games for the switch

another person said hes going to say castlvania collection will be made

and now another person is rumoring castlvania collection

this could be when too bigots finally get defeated
It's more, there's evidence Vergeben knew about upcoming castlevania compilation/etc on the switch before today's lineup for the switch was announced, and the person who told him this also told him about snake/belmont iirc.

Attachments

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
DasVergeben said:
  • being developed by Bandai Namco
  • the game is infact a sequel
  • there will be assets being reused to some extent
Bandai Namco made the last game so it's not too far fetched to guess they would be working on the new one as well.

And about the game being a sequel and reusing assets, apart from the possibility it was going to be an enhanced port of Smash for Wii U, with extra features like content from Smash for 3DS, it wasn't exactly going to be a prequel, and all Smash games carry something over from the previous.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Bandai Namco made the last game so it's not too far fetched to guess they would be working on the new one as well.

And about the game being a sequel and reusing assets, apart from the possibility it was going to be an enhanced port of Smash for Wii U, with extra features like content from Smash for 3DS, it wasn't exactly going to be a prequel, and all Smash games carry something over from the previous.
I don't believe he's said any of those, unless you have a link.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I really hope we get him, but I need to wait and see. If he's in, I can't wait to see how he'll look and play. It will be incredible.

But I still think the imgur leak is bull****. Just piggy backing off Vergenban or whatever his name is.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I don't believe he's said any of those, unless you have a link.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8k0li1/here_are_some_big_smash_leaks_for_those_that_care/

I know for sure and from one of my most credible and proven sources (the one who told me about Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Bandai Namco before anyone else said or knew anything about that) is that Ridley is a newcomer, the game is infact a sequel, but there will be assets being reused to some extent(s).
Sorry I must have taken the first quote out of content by mistake when reading it somehow, but the other 2 (which i highlighted in bold) are true.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
So Konami, a game company, is making games for the Switch and now everybody is losing their **** thinking Vergieboi is right? Wat?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
So Konami, a game company, is making games for the Switch and now everybody is losing their **** thinking Vergieboi is right? Wat?
It's moreso that there's evidence Verg knew those games were coming despite the official konami lineup not being available 5 days ago.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Someone told me that on the Smashboards discord. With the exception of Free-to-play and Mobile Apps , pretty much all platforms are covered. That's far too broad to be of any significance

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
if that castlevania stuff is right and we get symphonie of the night on switch, i lose my ****.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Still...I will believe nothing until it’s confirmed. All this does is make it seem that much more likely.

I was optimistic through Sm4sh speculation, but I got really cynical once the final leaks came and of course the worst ones (in my opinion) were the true ones.

So as a cynic: I don’t care if everything Vergy says is true; until Ridley is shown as playable, I’ll be on team hope-for-the-best-but-prepare-for-the-worst.

And you know if he’s shown off, there are going to be loads of people going “Well, he still seems a bit bigger than the others; he’s probably the face of a new ‘playable boss’ mode just to give you something. We’ll see Master Hand gameplay next.”

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Remember how last Smash E3 hype led up to a secondary character from a fourth-rate Nintendo franchise being revealed?

Forgive me if I’m not exactly slobbering over these leaks, I’m not about to get all lubed up and ready to go only for Sakurai to pull his usual **** and go “Making video games is hard guys, sorry, here’s three more Kid Icarus characters to make up for it :)

Call me cynical but Pyrosphere shadow was a dark ****ing day. I’m not letting myself get that involved again.

That said, there are exactly two characters who would make me give a **** about this game and they’re Simon Belmont and the big man himself, so if this ruse cruise does come to fruition I’ll actually be excited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom